+ Reply
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LiveOS SD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
    Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,158 Times in 3,317 Posts

Default LiveOS SD
    A new Milestone of iPhone Artwork, so hold your breath...

THEME of the Week
    FEATURED THEME at Cydia
    FEATURED THEME at ThemeIt
    NR 1 THEME at iThemeSky

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrIJYsXHSXM]YouTube - LiveOS[/ame]

(The lag comes only from the recording)

LiveOS SD v. 1.4 is avaiable at all stores NOW (!):
    Cydia, Theme it and iThemeSky

(see download section at bottom)

Springboard LCD widget:

Grass Mod:

LCD MOD for Home and Lockscreen, classical and black style, 12/24 h clock, supports 6 languages (!)

Springboard Newsreader (Modmyi and Engadget News):

More stock ClockStyles:

LineCalendar:

Red or blue highlighted springjumps:

Calendar Widget in english and german (here with the night background):

- The perfect stage for all of your Widgets
    - English, Dutch, German and French language included !
    - High quality graphics with multiple layer design for a maximum 3D Look
    - Dark and mystic color concept, a game of lights and shadows
    - Fully animated background weather with rain, clouds, snow, moving sun and moon...(UniAW from Ian Nicoll)
    - Day/Night switching wallpapers
    - A full slideable, interactive clock/date widget with transparent clockface
    - Optional full slideable Calendar widget
    - LockScreen Clock Widget, nalog or LCD with animated Weather
    - Complete new sleek black UI, with StatusBar, Windows, bars, buttons
    - Plus Themed Apps: Safari, Mail, Clock, Camera, Photos, Calendar, Notes, Settings, Ipod,iTunes, Maps, Compass, AppStore
    - Folder Enhancer themed
    - LockInfo themed
    - BiteSMS themed
    - Icon Mask, all AppStore Icons themed correctly out of the box
    - Amazing SBSettings theme included
    - Large reflective NAV icons
    - Springjumps Mini-Dock with highlighted (!) pages
    - Back-button to your Homescreen on every page
    - Homescreen plus six Pages layout
    - Easy to customize, replace Icons, wallpaper, widgets and springjumps like YOU want it.

(click twice for original size)

1. Make sure you have installed PerPageHTML, Springjumps and InfiniDock (or ScrollingBoard. You also need Gridlock (or iBlank) to freely place your icons.
    2. Setup InfiniDock or Scrollingboard for a six dock icons layout
    3. Start the Springjumps app, enable only Springjumps 1-6 (see picture at the attachment) and rename them to whatever you prefer by pressing on the textfield. Close the app and place the six Springjumps at your dock.
    NOTE1: Donīt enable Springjump 0 (the first one) and make sure itīs textfield is empty
    NOTE2: If you renamed the springjumps you must respring to take effect on it.
    4. For your Homescreen place the clock app at the top middle and 4 other apps/folders two rows below like shown at screenshot 1.
    5. For the following pages 1-6 do the same and also place one of the new back-arrows on top right (see picture 2) and at the middle of each page place Calculator, Settings, iTunes, Maps, Game Center, Facebook (You can change that later)
    6. Start the PerPageHTML app and assign all of the LiveOS pages your see there to your iphone pages.
    This means you press "LiveOS-Spotlight" and at the next window "Spotlight", then "LiveOS-Page1" and on the next window "Page 1" and so on. Do this for all LiveOS folders you see, then close the app and it will respring and work.
    7. Enable all LiveOS themes at Winterboard. Make sure the LiveOS themes are on top of your WinterBoard list, disable other themes you may have installed and could conflict with this theme.

Weather Setup:
    1. Find your Location Code here: Weather Location Codes/IDs
    For US users: open this webside: Yahoo! Weather - Weather Forecasts | Maps | News , search for your town, then open "Extended Forecast" and now take a look at the adressbar of your browser where you see something like "USCA1234". This is what you need.
    2. Write in this code with iFile on your device or with a text editor on your PC/MAC to this path: Libary/themes/LiveOS Weather.theme/locationHere.js and for the Lockscreen Weather here: Libary/themes/LiveOS LockScreen.theme/Config.js You can also change Fahrenheit to Celsius here.

General:
    -Because of some large Nav icons it is recommended to use Multifl0w or other taskswitchers but not needed
    -Works on iPhone4 and iPod4 with iOS 4.1 and 4.2.1
    -Because of esthetical reasons you can place only 5 icons/folders on every page but you can use the row above too.
    -After a first start this theme may run a little bit slow but works smooth after some seconds and when touching each page once.

Can i see the lockscreen longer than some seconds ?
    Install "60 second LockScreen" from Cydia or use LockInfo to set the time

Can i hide the stock apple clock at the lockscreen ?
    Yes, with the paid app LockInfo or the free Lockscreen Clock Hide (both from Cydia)

I use LockInfo, must i do any setup ?
    Open the "Settings" app -> LockInfo-> Appearance-> Select Default Theme and now choose "LiveOS"

Why do some or all Icons not work ?
    -Make sure you enabled the Summerboard mode at the Winterboard App
    -For not English devices please rename a handful of icons at the icons folder to your language (Camera,Photos...) I could add this icons to bundle folders and they would work for every language, but iOS would shrink the large NAV icons to a small size.
    -A icon mask never works for Cydia apps, they are or must be themed with photoshop.

Can i reorder or replace springjumps ?
    Yes, but donīt reorder this glyphys at the dock with iOS, replace glyphs or reorder them at this folders: LiveOS.theme/Folders/_shortcut_1.app - shortcut_2.app - .... More glyphs can be found at the download section.

How can i change small or large icons ?
    You can change any large or small icon by downloading them from the download section and copy it to Libary/Themes/LiveOS.theme/Icons/..here... So lets say you want replace the large "Settings" icon with Cydia, then just copy the large icon "Cydia.png" to this folder. Donīt forget to copy also a small Settings icons to this folder, not to have two large icons.

I see my stock wallpaper when making a phonecall ?
    Another Winterboard/iOS bug: Copy "Wallpaper.png" from LiveOS.theme or from the LiveOS WoodenFloor Mod (whatever you use) to your Desktop, sync it with iTunes to your device and set it with the photos app as your Wallpaper.
    For iFile users: Save this image with iFile to your Camera roll and enable it as your Wallpaper at the Photos App.

Why is my Taskbar and Folder background not themed ?
    Use the free Cydia App "Perfect Theme". If this doesnīt help open this path on your device: User/Library/Caches/ and on
    - iOS 4.1 DELETE this file: com.apple.Springboard.folderswitcherLinen.
    - iOS 4.2.1 DELETE all this files: com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.0, com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.1, com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.2, com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.3
    -> Reboot your device

Can i remove the "clock" text ?
    Yes, install the free Cydia app "Icon renamer" and make a blank text for it

What must i do with SBSettings ?
    - Open SBSettings, press "more", press "SBSettings Theme" and enable the new "LiveOS SBSettings" - theme
    - If you want copy a new respring wallpaper from LiveOS.theme/EXTRAS/SBSettings Respring Wallpaper to var/mobile/Libary/SBSettings/..here...

Iīm Dutch, French or German, what must i do for the right setup?
    Springboard: a) Open LiveOS Weather.theme/locationHere.js, set the temperature to "c" (=Celsius) and only set your language to "true". b) Open User/Libary/PerPageHTML/LiveOS-Page1/Widgets/Configs/DigitalClock-Configs.js and set only your language to "true", all other languages to "false"
    Lockscreen: Open LiveOS Lockscreen.theme/Config.js and set only your language to "true" all others to false and set the temerature to "c" (= Celsius)
    ->Respring

How can i use the wooden floor mod ?
    Just replace some picture:
    1. Open LiveOS.theme/EXTRAS/WoodenFloor MOD/ and copy Overlayday.png, Overlaynight.png, [email protected] and [email protected] to LiveOS.theme/...here...
    2. Copy the pictures LockBack_day.png and LockBack_night.png to LiveOS LockScreen.theme/...here...

How can i use other Widgets with this theme ?
    You can make a folder with your favorite widget and copy it to User/Libary/PerPageHTML/...here.... Start the Per-Page app and allocate Page 1 to your widget now instead of LiveOS-Page1 (where my clock is stored). But use my transparent wallpaper from my folders for your widget folder because it has some graphics on it (top shadow, bottom bar)

How do i install the new House-Homebuttons ?
    Download, unzip and simply copy this glyph to the folders /Applications/_shortcut_0G.app till _shortcut_0L

How do i install the new Calendar widget ?
    You can place it on any page you want. Download, unzip and open the folder, all 4 files inside must be copied to the page you want it, e. g. /User/Library/PerPageHTML/LiveOS-Page2, now respring.
    NOTE1: It could be usefull if you want to start your calendar app with this widget to place a blank calendar icon on it ("Icons" folder of this theme) and remove the label (same method like for the clock widget)
    NOTE2: For replacing the LiveOS Clock widget with this calendar widget, delete all folders from LiveOS-Page 1 except the wallpaper.png and then copy this files in.

How do i install the red or blue highlighted springjumps ?
    Download, unzip and open the attached Folder. Youīll find 7 folders. Copy all 7 folders to User/Library/PerPageHTML/...here... and respring

How can i install the Line Calendar ?
    Download, unzip and copy the folder LiveOS Line Calendar.theme to Libary/Themes/...here... and enable it at your WinterBoard app.

How do i install the LCD clock on Homescreen ?
    1. Download, unzip and open the folder. Youīll find two folders. Open one of it and youīll see a folder called LiveOS-Page1-LCD1 (or LCD2).
    2. Copy this folder to User/Library/PerPageHTML/...here..., start the PerPage app and assign this folder to Page 1 (Homescreen). It will be displayed now instead of the analog clock.
    3. Copy the new clock icon (the little bell) to Library/Themes/LiveOS.theme/Icons and respring. Donīt forget to name this Clock icon to your language e.g. [email protected] (for germans)
    4. You can remove am/pm, setup a 24h clock or change the language to German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian at Widgets/Configs/Digital Clock-Config.js

How do i install the LCD Lockscreen ?
    1. Copy the folder "LiveOS SD LockScreenLCD.theme" on your device to Libary/Themes/..here..
    2. Disable the LiveOS SD Lockscreen.theme (=Analog clock) and enable "LiveOS SD LockScreenLCD.theme" at Winterboard
    3. You can remove am/pm, setup a 24h clock or change the language to German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian at LiveOS SD LockScreenLCD.theme/LCD Classical(or Black)/Digital Clock-Config.js
    4. To enable the Black LCD please take a look here, open LockBackground.html and rewrite one word:

All Mods, Widgets and more Icons ->> http://www.mediafire.com/?uhz9ym7vlqquxx4

German Installation Guide (Deutsche Anleitung): LiveOS German Installation Guide.zip

CREDITS AND A VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO: Ian Nicoll, Dacal and Holdemdogg for creating and helping with all the used HTML stuff.
    Plus Lao3Hero for the Calendar widget code and Goneglocking and BamaWaterfowl13 for the LCD springboard mod

It is not allowed to use code, templates or any graphics without permission for releasing own themes or to post this theme elsewere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LiveOS SD-logoicon.png  
    Last edited by Blue; 04-20-2011 at 02:50 PM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Adriana M (04-01-2011), Davidb2127 (04-07-2011), dungco1234 (04-27-2012), henftling (03-09-2011), Ipconfig (03-25-2011), It's Mi (03-18-2011), kaulebeen (03-08-2011), p8ntballer81 (03-18-2011), Rescue9 (03-31-2011), shitaki (03-08-2011), SirTimothy1 (03-12-2011), testrun505 (03-08-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

working good on my 3GS!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to testrun505 For This Useful Post:

Blue (03-08-2011), shitaki (03-08-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Great!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone elyah's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shitaki View Post
    Great!!
    if you dont mind me asking did your icons get themed im on 3gs and the theme is liveos sd 1.02 a lot of my icon did not theme

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well done, Blue! This theme is absolutely amazing! Just one problem. I can't get the back arrow on every page to show up. I'm on an iPod touch 2G on iOS 4.2.1. A reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

So, how many backarrows do you see ?
    If you see more than one that it works but the others can be hidden by the large icons.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That's the problem, though. I don't see any backarrows at ALL.

Thanks

yep, same problem here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaron View Post
    That's the problem, though. I don't see any backarrows at ALL.
    Had the same problem. Copy _shortcut_OG.app to _shortcut_OL.app to root directory /Applications in the attached rar. Respring and you will see six little home icons (not using the arrow) and move them each into position.

When I installed did not see those in any folder so got them from a mod in the HD forum.

Hope this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smiler887 For This Useful Post:

Aquaron (03-10-2011), p8ntballer81 (03-09-2011)

Thanks

@ smiler887

Yes sir, that did the job. excellent finding. and thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntballer81 View Post
    @ smiler887

Yes sir, that did the job. excellent finding. and thank you
    You are most welcome glad to help.

One other tip but you may have already done it. In the theme folder the wallpaper, lock and sms background have the @2x after it or at least they did when I downloaded it. I removed the @2x but more importantly I reduced the size by 50%. I think also some of the UI images such as the folder backgrounds (if you use folder enhancer) also need to be resized.

The impact of this is in the memory. My memory went below 100mb but after resizing (even if they look ok) my memory shot back to 120mb after loading

Thanks

@ smiler887

Now that you say it..... Mine's under 70mb with nothing in the switchbar!

Would you be so kind and post your resized files?

Thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntballer81 View Post
    @ smiler887

Now that you say it..... Mine's under 70mb with nothing in the switchbar!

Would you be so kind and post your resized files?

Thanks in advance
    Try these three files first and let me know if this makes a difference. Put into the the live os theme folder
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

I didnt notice it before but i dont have the files to theme sbsettings, their not in my theme folder. does anybody have these files?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I do not think they are given in the free version and even if you got them you may need to ask permission from Bluemetal but heres hopping.

Any chance Bluemetal?

Thanks

So, I also noticed yesterday that this guy unfortunatly did not resize all needed files.

I've done that for you this night and added the new day/night switching wallpaper mod and will update this theme here soon.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (03-18-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smiler887 View Post
    I do not think they are given in the free version and even if you got them you may need to ask permission from Bluemetal but heres hopping.

Any chance Bluemetal?

In the features description says that sb-settings is included with this theme. and since this is the free sd version, i expected the files would be in the theme folder.

Also i applied the files you provided but those three didnt had much effect on the memory, just very little like 1 or 2 mb, when i do a clean startup im on 90mb free
    Last edited by p8ntballer81; 03-10-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks

To all users of the SD version. Unfortunatly the guy who made this SD port "forgot" half of the graphics/Theme, so i did that job now in two days and added the new day/night wallpaper mod, SB settings, probably all missing UI graphics and a info where to copy all folders.

I need some beta testers now, but some guys that really TEST all aspects of this new SD version and give me a feedback, just PM me your email adress, if i donīt answer, please forgive me but then i allready have enough testers.

As 300 users downloaded the SD version in one day but i got exactly 1 (!) donation i can happen that i give it away only by donation in the future
    Last edited by Blue; 03-10-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

sent a donation your way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As mentioned the only issues appears in the lockscreen. Everything else is working perfectly. Screenshots included:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LiveOS SD-img_0008.png   LiveOS SD-img_0009.png   LiveOS SD-img_0015.png   LiveOS SD-img_0016.png   LiveOS SD-img_0018.png   LiveOS SD-img_0019.png   LiveOS SD-img_0020.png   LiveOS SD-img_0021.png  

LiveOS SD-img_0022.png   LiveOS SD-img_0023.png  

+ Reply
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast