Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon requesting made easy

Smile Icon requesting made easy - HUGE UPDATE
    Script Name: Icon Reaper
    Author: Josh aka Phanatic

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3URRJXx_sQ[/ame]

What is it?
    -a bash script for the iDevice
    Bash? wtf im not a programmer i just want to request icons!
    -it is very easy to use, just follow the steps below and watch the video!

Main Purpose
    -As the title states this scripts purpose is to gather together all of the icons not in a user-specified theme and zip them up so you can easily request that they be made or edit them yourself

More Uses
    standard user
    -get icons not in a theme, the command will ask you to type in which theme. this is much quicker than manually searching!

themer
    -get all icons in one folder and zip, this is useful for bash photoshopping or even just to see what you should name them to make it work with winterboard
    -setting up HD themes is much quicker

Installation and Usage
    1. To get this first add the repository: cydia.ipod-hacking.com
    2. download "Icon Reaper" found in the iPH tweaks section in cydia
    3. ssh using PuTTY[recommended] or use mobile terminal
    4. login in as root to the command prompt. putty will automatically ask for this, just type root then your password. default pass is alpine. in mobile terminal type "su" then your password
    5. type "iconreaper"
    6. read the text then get started!
    -information below
    7. copy the zip off ur iDevice and enjoy all ur icons in one place!

Information
    *both methods will create folders and zips in var/mobile/

-Bundles
    --for all the apps it makes directories named after the bundle identifier of that app with the icons inside of it. this is intended for HD themes, since using bundles is the only supported method. for example for the appstore there would be a folder called "com.apple.AppStore" and inside of it would be icon.png and icon-72.png and [email protected] if its there

-Icons
    --This is the old-school method that winterboard uses, this copies all the app icons to one folder and renames them from icon.png to their appropriate winterboard name

-cydia only (auto-create themes)
    --you can choose to only search for icons in the Applications/ directory which is NOT appstore apps but is where all of cydias apps reside. this is particularly useful with themes that have autocreate but you still have a few cydia icons unthemed

NOTE: a lot of the pngs will be unviewable on a computer, see the bottom of this page for conversion tools, I know the windows one works very well - http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Iphone_PNG_images

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I have received the script and tested it. It totally rocks. This is incredibly useful for anyone who wants to create accurate HD themes. So thanks a million to PhanaticD for a superb utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGiola View Post
    OMG! That is insane that you managed to do this :P
    Great job! I will for sure recommend it on any future releases and I will link back here! Great job on this one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -scrip.jpg  
    Last edited by PhanaticD; 05-16-2011 at 09:31 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PhanaticD For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (09-30-2010), blkcadi (09-26-2010), carloqt (11-24-2010), decke (09-23-2010), eddietah (09-23-2010), flybritn (11-24-2010), FreeApple (09-24-2010), GaN-MaN (01-21-2011), MindGem (09-24-2010), TheBoss013 (10-16-2010), xpprem (09-23-2010)

Thanks

Hi can you upload the fixpng to mediafire thanks.

Btw, does the icoscan works on iphone 3gs 3.1.3
    Last edited by eddietah; 09-23-2010 at 07:55 PM.

yea sure thing, ill do both of them actually, rapidshare es sketchy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PhanaticD For This Useful Post:

eddietah (09-23-2010)

Thanks

I managed to download fixpngwindows but this is what I got after convert
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PhanaticD For This Useful Post:

eddietah (09-23-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    idk ive never used it. and those look like 8os
    ya man ur right. I wanted to view it on my computer but I can only see 1/2 of it. Like that how am I going to edit it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to decke For This Useful Post:

PhanaticD (09-23-2010)

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

OMG! That is insane that you managed to do this :P
    Great job! I will for sure recommend it on any future releases and I will link back here! Great job on this one!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this possible for Mac

@violent: thanks man

@shanejoe: is what possible

Can you do that on Mac OS X?

It's for iPod lol not windows or Mac. Of u mean putty u can just use terminal to ssh, if u mean fixpng that's a link to a folder with Mac and windows downloads

Thanks

It's for iPod lol not windows or Mac. Of u mean putty u can just use terminal to ssh, if u mean fixpng that's a link to a folder with Mac and windows downloads
    Sometimes when ssh backwards to the computer some pngs from apps won't appear, will theis fixpng fix them? Or do u know a program that will? For Mac or pc? I need this for more of a theme overhaul

Yes fixpng converts the pngs to be visible on a computer. And I literally just said it's for Mac and windows...

Also iPhonebrowser will automatically do this when saving png's to your computer . Let's you kill two birds with one stone

Thanks

Yes fixpng converts the pngs to be visible on a computer. And I literally just said it's for Mac and windows...
    Dude that's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Also iPhonebrowser will automatically do this when saving png's to your computer . Let's you kill two birds with one stone
    R u sure cause when I ssh them off there white images but there correct in ifile?

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    Dude that's awesome

R u sure cause when I ssh them off there white images but there correct in ifile?
    100 percent positive in windows. The way you have to do it is select only png's. If you select the actual folder and save it will not. If you go into the folder and select ONLY the png files it will convert.

Ifile will always show the files because the iPhone was built to view these files as this is what makes up all the looks of the iPhone so they Would have to be viewable

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    100 percent positive in windows. The way you have to do it is select only png's. If you select the actual folder and save it will not. If you go into the folder and select ONLY the png files it will convert.

Ifile will always show the files because the iPhone was built to view these files as this is what makes up all the looks of the iPhone so they Would have to be viewable
    Well I got a Mac so I'll try this when I get home thanks man

yea but if u transfer the zip it wont =P but otherwise yeah transfer the icons with that! for mac u probly hafta use fixpng as i dont believe iphonebrowser is for mac.. i could be wrong tho
    Last edited by PhanaticD; 09-24-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks

yea but if u transfer the zip it wont =P but otherwise yeah transfer the icons with that! for mac u probly hafta use fixpng as i dont believe iphonebrowser is for mac.. i could be wrong tho
    I have iPhonebrowser for Mac at least I think it's called that but it's like cyberduck just more involved like u can save textmessage and listen/save voicemails etc and notes saving

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast