Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon requesting made easy

Right, I found one MacBook Pro and he said I mailed the guy. Now I only have to wait for an answer.

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

So when you get your new laptop you are going to post a vid on youtube of you opening it?
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

Maybe, if I dont see any in-depth review I will. If not; I will let my brother review it. (Hes new on YT, just thought of giving him an nice thing to make an vid about.)

Thanks

I really don't know why people bother doing those types of videos anyway
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aldog18 View Post
    And yet you still asked if he's going to post a video of it, hits head

Thanks

haha yep
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Aldog18 View Post

Lets say you want to buy an iPad, dont you wanna know some in-depth info from someone that uses it and not form the creators that only says good stuff?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    Lets say you want to buy an iPad, dont you wanna know some in-depth info from someone that uses it and not form the creators that only says good stuff?
    True so get a friend to buy one and show you or but one try it out for 29 days then take it back, Apple has a 30 day return policy as long as it's in perfect condiction

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    True so get a friend to buy one and show you or but one try it out for 29 days then take it back, Apple has a 30 day return policy as long as it's in perfect condiction
    There is no Apple Store in Sweden.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    There is no Apple Store in Sweden.
    Sucks to be you then I'm in USA Texas we have 2 within 20 min of eachother

Well now I can see why you want this

I just discovered this and I think it is brilliant. I wish it would handle HD icons too. So if PhanaticD is reading this, please consider to modify the shell script so it does the following:

1. create /var/mobile/icoscan/Icons/ with the icon PNG files named as CFBundleDisplayName
    2. create /var/mobile/icoscan/Bundles/ with folders named CFBundleIdentifier
    3. populate the Bundles folders with all icon files from CFBundleIconFiles
    4. also include the iTunesArtwork file (add .jpg)

If it is too much work, I would even be happy if you could just extract the info.plist file and name it as CFBundleIdentifier.plist (then I could look up the info myself when people send me requests.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I just discovered this and I think it is brilliant. I wish it would handle HD icons too. So if PhanaticD is reading this, please consider to modify the shell script so it does the following:

1. create /var/mobile/icoscan/Icons/ with the icon PNG files named as CFBundleDisplayName
    2. create /var/mobile/icoscan/Bundles/ with folders named CFBundleIdentifier
    3. populate the Bundles folders with all icon files from CFBundleIconFiles
    4. also include the iTunesArtwork file (add .jpg)

If it is too much work, I would even be happy if you could just extract the info.plist file and name it as CFBundleIdentifier.plist (then I could look up the info myself when people send me requests.
    Please include a picture so I can get a better idea of what all your changing, does this change Folder icons and get rid of the apps on top?

PS this is possible, I had a point were I placed an app into a folder my 3GS lagged and the folder showed itself without apps!!! Uppon despising they came back

EDIT
    Meaning it's probably a plist script allowing for the icons to appear, the icons appearing on the folders uses some ram, so turning this "feature" off should actually help

@shanejoe: This utility does nothing that would modify the appearance of your iPhone. PhanaticD has written a very nice shell script that walks through the icon names of a given theme and compares the available icons with the names of installed applications. If the user has an application that has no corresponding icon in the theme, it means that this icon is missing from the theme and icoscan will then copy that icon with the proper name to var/mobile (both as a folder and a zip file.

My request is to make this compatible with HD themes, since WinterBoard will only honor icons that included in Bundles folders. This all sounds complicated, but PhanaticD will understand.

Actually, if PhanaticD gives me permission, I may edit the shell script myself, but I would prefer he would add this and make it available to the community. It's a great script and he deserves applause for making it.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

Okay I have made some of my own winterboard themes so I understand the Bundles idea but could someone also do this...

change Folder icons and get rid of the apps on top?

PS THIS IS POSSIBLE, I had a point were I placed an app into a folder my 3GS lagged and the folder showed itself without apps only the icon behind the apps was shown!!!

Uppon respringing they came back though

EDIT
    Meaning it's probably a plist script allowing for the icons to appear, the icons appearing on the folders uses some ram, so turning this "feature" off should actually help

Ps I was using infinifolders and a lag game called Zentomino to achieve this process on a 3GS 16gig 4.1

@shanejoe thats a different topic, i will look into it see what i can find

@armadillo i dont know about making all those different folders, but i will see if i can add HD icon support. i dont have a HD device so i dont know if that makes a difference but i know in appstore apps they have HD icons either way. glad someone finally noticed this haha

Even if you just made a txt file with the CFBundleIdentifiers as a list would be fine. I can easily whip up an AppleScript that would create the folders on the Mac based on the text file.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

oh yea i can probably do something like that, its been a while since ive worked on this. so are u saying HD icons dont worked using the traditional winterboard method in a "Icons" folder?

Yeah, HD icons are not supported in WB unless they are handled as Bundles. As you know, WB has a so-called "SummerBoard" mode (SB was the predecessor of WB in case you were not around back in the early days). This mode works such that an app's icon would be replaced by a theme if it was located in a folder called "Icons" and the icon png had the exact name as the app (CFbundleDisplayName).

This is what you currently support in your script. So SD themes are currently supported by WB such that the 57x57 icons (SD) are scaled up 2x on the iPhone4. We cannot use HD icons in this manner, since Icon@2x files are not supported and even if we provided larger CFBundleDisplayName.png files, they would be still scaled by 2x.

So the only way to use HD icons in WB themes is to use a folder named with the apps' CFBundleIdentifier and include the accurate name of the HD icon. Both CFBundleIdentifier and CFBundleIconFiles are specified in Info.plist of the app. So in order to theme say the Calculator, you need to provide the following path and files:

...Library/Themes/MyTheme/Bundles/com.apple.calculator/[email protected]

instead of

...Library/Themes/MyTheme/Icons/Calculator.png

HTH.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

ok i will work on it tomorow, thanks for the feedback on this

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast