Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: COMPLETE THEMES DO NOT WORK ON IPHONE 4.... yet

Thanks
    Thanked 1,972 Times in 876 Posts

Default COMPLETE THEMES DO NOT WORK ON IPHONE 4.... yet
    Wanted to post this thread real quick to hopefully quell a lot of the questions and concerns as to why complete themes aren't showing all the UI, Phone Dialer, Calculator, etc....

The iPhone 4 was just jailbroken a few days ago and there isn't even a stock iP4 theme avaialble, which almost all themers use as a template to make the complete themes you have all grown accustomed to. Granted, there are a few tricks that have been figured out, like adding "@2x" to the end of an image's name, which increases some images to the double, hi-res image size used on the iPhone 4... but the images are blurry and quite honestly, butt-ugly in my opinion. I for one cringe when I see a screenshot of my theme with my beautiful images doubled in size and looking so weak, so vulnerable, so downright grotesque

But rest assured, I and many other themers are already updating our complete themes to hi-res so they will do justice to the amazing potential of the iP4, and very soon we will figure this one out just like all the others.

I'm sure I speak on behalf of the entire creator community when I say we TRULY appreciate all your continued support, and especially your patience during these fun times of transition that we've all grown used to
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-20angry.png  
    Last edited by TCcentex; 08-04-2010 at 02:10 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

cafini8ted (08-06-2010), floppy_joe (08-04-2010), FreeApple (08-04-2010), Halten77 (08-06-2010), JayQuint87 (08-04-2010), kwickone (08-04-2010), Maarten16 (08-04-2010), Navec245 (08-04-2010), skiptowncat (08-04-2010), xpprem (08-05-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright, I may be naive, but I don't see anyone stepping forward to make the stock one, so I'm just pitching this idea...if we started a thread where all of the themers pitched in what they know so far about how to theme the iPhone 4, I'd be happy to compile it for ya'll but I just don't know what goes where yet... if you think this is a good idea, I'd be happy to do it...
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Thanks

I'll let you in on a secret... There are forums here that are only accessable to theme creators, and we're further along than you think... Just need more time....

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

eonC4PDA (08-04-2010), Maarten16 (08-04-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

mmm...good...though you'd go even further if that "secret" info was made public so other people could help out...just sayin' but good luck to you guys
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome update TC . I know you guys will figure this out soon, modmyi has the best themers I've ever seen by far!
    ]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King Shady For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-04-2010)

All secret groups need at least one outsider to remain partial and be the end users spokesperson, a man of the people for the people of by the people. It is always someone who can look in from the outside that can see something your not seeing and find an idea or solution that leads to a breakthrough. Not that i care or have the time but If I have to be that person who has to get all nerded up then so be it. I am here for you.
    Last edited by floppy_joe; 08-04-2010 at 01:40 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

LastSonOfKrypton (08-04-2010), TCcentex (08-04-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    All secret groups need at least one outsider to remain partial and be the end users spokesperson, a man of the people for the people of by the people. It is always someone who can look in from the outside that can see something your not seeing and find an idea or solution that leads to a breakthrough. Not that i care or have the time but If I have to be that person who has to get all nerded up then so be it. I am here for you.
    i thought all a secret group needed was a special hand-shake? You can only imagine how difficult that's been considering we all communicate online, but we figured that out so this theming stuff just comes easy....

Seriously though Joe, you are the sweetest sweetheart here, and I suggest a secret forum only accessable by you be opened. You'll just have to shake your own hands.....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (08-04-2010), LastSonOfKrypton (08-04-2010)

Ooh that was clever. In other words, go amuse myself. The best dis I have received in some time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

Rose89 (08-11-2010)

Thanks

Ooh that was clever. In other words, go amuse myself. The best dis I have received in some time.
    Was only kidding my friend

...quite honestly I think that would be a great idea to get your input. I'm one of those here that is very familiar with your work and feel that you'd be one of our top themers if you had the patience that you yourself have attested to be in short supply of...
    Last edited by TCcentex; 08-04-2010 at 02:11 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (08-04-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

lol
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    i thought all a secret group needed was a special hand-shake? You can only imagine how difficult that's been considering we all communicate online, but we figured that out so this theming stuff just comes easy....

Seriously though Joe, you are the sweetest sweetheart here, and I suggest a secret forum only accessable by you be opened. You'll just have to shake your own hands.....

This **** just made my day!! LMFAO

Well worded.

I am getting about 5-10 emails a day asking why my theme's are not working on their new iPhone4's and iOS4's.

I want to tell people to be patient, but I know how it is to be waiting on someone else.

We are working on getting out high quality theme's for the iPhone4 soon enough.

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JayQuint87 For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-04-2010)

To make the theme's work you need to double the image size of all icons/artwork and add "@2x" to the icon names. Example - "icon.png" = "[email protected]"

I completely agree. One of the more thought out comebacks I've seen on the forums in quite some time!

Thanks for the good laugh guys

Best of luck theming!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well quit posting and get working!!!
    In all seriousness, all the devs and themers hard work is very much appreciated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

Well said TCentex!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pronup For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-04-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayQuint87 View Post
    Well worded.

I am getting about 5-10 emails a day asking why my theme's are not working on their new iPhone4's and iOS4's.

I want to tell people to be patient, but I know how it is to be waiting on someone else.

We are working on getting out high quality theme's for the iPhone4 soon enough.
    HEAR HEAR my friend -- i've got a gift for all my fellow devs...

"I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with (insert theme name here) - unfortunately no themes are fully functional with the new iPhone 4 at this time, but I am working hard to get (insert theme name here) updated as soon as possible. Keep an eye out for an update from Cydia in the coming weeks, and thanks again for your support! -- (your name here)"

...Copy and paste my bretheren... will save us all a lot of time responding to those emails
    `

Thanks
    Thanked 5,972 Times in 1,579 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    To make the theme's work you need to double the image size of all icons/artwork and add "@2x" to the icon names. Example - "icon.png" = "[email protected]"
    Is not that easy...
    If you double the size,lets say,a wallpaper,it will look blury anyway.Is like viewing a PSP mp4 movie in a 32inch HD lcd.We have to recreate the image again,to make it fully hi-res.But not all images,so we have to take time to know what images are need to be recreated.
    Some themers create the theme in a 320x480 canvas in Photoshop,like wallpapers,widget images,dock,per page walls.and so on.Now we have to recreate them again,go to the same prosses we already done again,but in 640x960.This take time,if we want to satisfy the community to port the already made themes,is going to be a long ride.

Off topic:check new BlueMetal Signature theme.It has a new widget that work on all devices,including iPhone4.A lot of dedication has put on this,by Holdemdog,Blue,Kamce and myself.
    Is the true working widget compatible with all idevices.
    Last edited by ALIEN1974; 08-05-2010 at 04:28 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ALIEN1974 For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-04-2010)

Failing means yer playin! ziggy7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,278 Posts

Your doing a great job here TC..really appreciate all your info and talent dude..keep it up my friend

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy7 For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-04-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    ...read first posts often? What the @2x trick does is basically like taking a 74-inch lcd high-definition television and using rabbit ears to watch tv with it

Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post
    Is not that easy.
    If you double the size,lets say,a wallpaper,it will look blury anyway.Is like viewing a PSP mp4 movie in a 32inch HD lcd.We have to recreate the image again,to make it fully hi-res.But not all images,so we have to take time to know what images are need to be recreated.
    Some themers create the theme in a 320x480 canvas in Photoshop,like wallpapers,widget images,dock,per page walls.and so on.Now we have to recreate them again,go to the same prosses we already done again,but in 640x960.This take time,if we want to satisfy the community to port the already made themes,is going to be a long ride.
    couldn't have said it better myself Adrian

32. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

ALIEN1974 (08-05-2010)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast