Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Minimalist and sleek SBSettings theme with high resolution graphics for retina display

Default Minimalist and sleek SBSettings theme with high resolution graphics for retina display
    I was having a tough time finding an SBSettings theme that I really liked, much less one that supported the iPhone 4's high resolution screen, so I took matters into my own hand. This theme was inspired by Stephen Glass's "Simple Modern" theme and its small, simple icons. Despite the inspiration, all of the graphics are indeed brand new and high resolution.

Version 1.5.1 is live now in the modmyi repository in Cydia and Rock (as soon as their servers update)

Download the iPhone 4 version (1.51) here
    Download the iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS version (1.51) here

New screenshot!

On a side note, does anyone know if it's possible to remove the version number?

It's up! Called "Minimalistic Sleek" in Cydia and Rock
    Last edited by clarinetJWD; 08-05-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clarinetJWD For This Useful Post:

an0ther (08-04-2010), blast123 (08-03-2010), Fish_1 (08-03-2010), guitarded (08-03-2010), LastSonOfKrypton (08-04-2010), Odilatinam (08-05-2010)

Thanks

Thank you so much, this is fantastic!!

thanks, looks great. Downloading now

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

pretty cool stuff man . I cant wait for more iPhone 4 stuff to come out
    ]

awsome first retina sbs settings

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blast123 View Post
    awsome first retina sbs settings
    **One of the first . There's another cool one on macthemes. Both are pretty awesome though
    ]

Thanks guys, it's much appreciated!

Looking good. Thanks for sharing!!!

Hey Man Great Job! How did u get a Five Icon Dock on ur iPhone 4? All the hack in cydia keep crashing my sb on mine!

Quote Originally Posted by druclerk View Post
    Hey Man Great Job! How did u get a Five Icon Dock on ur iPhone 4? All the hack in cydia keep crashing my sb on mine!
    I had crashes with 5 column springboard, but no problems at all with Five Icon Dock, so I can't really be of much help there. Sorry

Default White Hand
    Anyone notice the white hand over the Wifi icon? How do you get rid of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsickle7 View Post
    Anyone notice the white hand over the Wifi icon? How do you get rid of that?
    That...I have no idea. It's showing up for me on all the themes. It would be great to give it the boot!

EDIT: I found out what that hand is. If you hold an icon with the hand icon, it gives you a pop up with more info. If you go into SBSettings's...err...settings, turn off "Shows Hold Icons"

EDIT2: I've made a new high res "hold" icon to replace the hand, and I'm currently working on making an icon for every addon I can find. Hopefully I'll submit it tonight, and the new version should come up in a day or so.

EDIT3: I'm downloading every addon I can, but some are only downloadable with another purchase, like Inspell toggle. If anyone has Inspell toggle or Lighttpd toggle, can you SSH into your sbsettings folder and let me know what the folder is called, so I can include it?
    Last edited by clarinetJWD; 08-04-2010 at 01:08 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to clarinetJWD For This Useful Post:

Paulsickle7 (08-04-2010)

Thanks! If you could add a toggle for SMS Alerts from biteSMS that would be awesome!
    Last edited by Paulsickle7; 08-04-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks! looks great. Cant wait for some sick ip4 themes

Thanks a lot! Looks amazing! I'm sure this thread will get moved to the new iPhone 4 Section LOL!

Seriously though, this would go good with a nice Mac theme! HINT HINT

Thanks guys! A new version has been submitted with 39 icon schemes, including biteSMS!

I have also submitted a standard resolution version meant for the iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS, because the icons don't scale properly in SBSettings (Sorry! I don't have my 3G anymore so I could only test on the 4. I'm having a friend test it before submitting to make sure it looks right.)

EDIT: Tested, and it looks good! I'm submitting the SD version now.
    Last edited by clarinetJWD; 08-04-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks for this theme! I've been using the Apple Mik SBSettings Theme (the one I used with my 3G), and was getting annoyed at the SD icons.

On a side note, I have been unzipping and SSHing to my phone, because you require Winterboard (and as a result pincrush) as dependencies in your control.tar.gz. As a minimalist, I don't want to install Winterboard just for this SBSettings Theme.

I actually did not know that was listed as required... Unfortunately, I don't set the dependencies, modmyi does. I guess they said winterboard was required when clearly it's not. I just emailed the guy in charge of package acceptance, and asked for the dependencies to be changed.

I definitely understand trying to avoid Winterboard. When I had my 3G, I refused to install anything that needed winterboard becauseI just didn't have the RAM to go around, so I'll definitely work on fixing that.

So we need winterboard to install this theme? I thought u just download and enable within SBSettings themes?

If you install through Cydia right now, then yes, it will download Winterboard as a dependency.

If you install via SSH, then you can just unzip the image files into the correct path. (no Winterboard necessary)

clarinetJWD, looks like your new version is up and requires Winterboard. The deb file is found at Index of /pool/main/c/com.modmyi.minimalisticsleekretina/ and when I look at the control file, it still requires Winterboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast