Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....

hi guys! im having some major problems with my auto create icons.... ive followed this threads steps to the dot, and im still having no luck, and to be quite honest its reallllly irritating me!
    basically, would someone be able to help me with this one? its for an iphone 3gs on 3.1.3
    if someone could take a look for me, and then tell me what im doing wrong, i would be extremely greatful!!!

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

thank you in advance guys! you are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by ukhellfire View Post
    hi guys! im having some major problems with my auto create icons.... ive followed this threads steps to the dot, and im still having no luck, and to be quite honest its reallllly irritating me!
    basically, would someone be able to help me with this one? its for an iphone 3gs on 3.1.3
    if someone could take a look for me, and then tell me what im doing wrong, i would be extremely greatful!!!

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

thank you in advance guys! you are the best!
    You need to put them in the folder as this:
    Youthemename(autocreate) > Bundles > com.apple.mobileicons.framework > then your files.

Thats only for ios4... The phone is running 3.1.3, which means they should be in th UIimages folder.... They sort of work, just the black on the AppIconMask doesnt make the icon transparent..... :s

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ukhellfire For This Useful Post:

singh224 (08-20-2010)

Thanks for the Guide TC, only thing I wanted to ask is how to make a variety of frames for the icon. Cos I'm unable to make good frames.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by singh224 View Post
    Thanks for the Guide TC, only thing I wanted to ask is how to make a variety of frames for the icon. Cos I'm unable to make good frames.
    bro wish there was a simple way of churning out killer-looking frames... it just takes diving in and playing around with it... go crazy with your layer effects and try a bunch of stuff out, apply and respring -- repeat that process over, and over, and over

I think i made a minimum of 50 different frames for each of my themes before landing on the final product...

I need some help, in photoshop, how would i used these images on the stock applications so that they all match. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    bro wish there was a simple way of churning out killer-looking frames... it just takes diving in and playing around with it... go crazy with your layer effects and try a bunch of stuff out, apply and respring -- repeat that process over, and over, and over

I think i made a minimum of 50 different frames for each of my themes before landing on the final product...
    okey but can you do me a favour and post a PSD version of your frame and the AppIconShadow, AppIconMask cos I'm not fully used to Photoshop yet and I keep messing my images so if you post the PSD for those 4 files, I'll be able to see how you made and maybe create my own.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by singh224 View Post
    okey but can you do me a favour and post a PSD version of your frame and the AppIconShadow, AppIconMask cos I'm not fully used to Photoshop yet and I keep messing my images so if you post the PSD for those 4 files, I'll be able to see how you made and maybe create my own.
    the icons i posted belong to my paid themes, so I can't share my full psd's, but here's a great example you can use from one of my first attempts at an icon:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (09-24-2013), singh224 (08-21-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    the icons i posted belong to my paid themes, so I can't share my full psd's, but here's a great example you can use from one of my first attempts at an icon:
    Thank you sir for your help. Do you have a website or something so I can see which themes have you made because I would like to buy some for my ip4 and 3gs

I guess u can click in his signature. I have a question, When I am doing this, I want to add a "badge" to the top left corner, the problem is that the color is not consistent... Do I have to move it out more?

Thanks

I found that it still works when you save it at 60x60 pixels, and as PNG-24 images. It didn't work for me when I was saving them at 59x60 pixels.

guys can someone help me here. if a theme has auto create embedded, do i have to SSH into the phone to change the app store icons?

i have tried several themes and they dont auto-create my apps. they change the core apps but not the ones i have from the app store.

could it be a potential package conflict. i have lockinfo and some other minor packages.

any help would be much appreciated!

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

what os are you running and what themes are you running? the auto create images have to be changed for ios 4 if your themes haven't been updated for it then they wont work if youa re on ios 4

hi im running 4.1. themes like nine, classified, etc....

i know nine was a mistake only because its not meant for 3gs. but classified was and they both have auto-create yet both did nothing to my non core apps.

are there potential packages that can disrupt that process? or do i need to SSH into the device to change them?

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

umm pretty sure both have those have been updated for ios 4 so if you have that update for them then it should be working and i dont know why it isn't wokring. by core apps you mean apps from the appstore? cause those are the only ones that will auto create. and you can go into the theme to see if the images mentioned in the first post of this thread are in the spot it says they should be.

so the only ones that will auto create are like weather, notes etc? those arent app store apps are they? i thought app store apps were like ones that were purchased.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Dude this is an awesome tutorial, couldn't work out how to do it at all before I started looking for help!

Thanks man!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Heardy10 For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-30-2010)

Hmm.. I simply cant get this to work..

I have a theme called TEBlack
    I created TEBlack\Bundles\com.apple.mobileicons.framework\

I placed [email protected], AppIconMask.png, [email protected] and AppIconShadow.png into this folder..

I saved all the files for web 24 bit png

I created normal png at 59x60 and HD masks at 118x120

Resprung after ssh the files and nothing happens..

Now.. here's the weird stuff.. I have NINEHD where the auto creating works when that theme is active..

So to test if the problem was with my images, I replaced my images with the images from NINEHD mobileicons.framework folder..

Resprung, and still nothing happens..

My Summerboard option in Winterboard was tested with on and off setting, and I tried to switch to other themes and back to TEBlack, and still nothing.. wth can cause this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vulcanpromance View Post
    Hmm.. I simply cant get this to work..

I have a theme called TEBlack
    I created TEBlack/Bundles/com.apple.mobileicons.framework
    do you have the ".theme" extension after the "TEBlack"? If it matches what you typed here and your main theme folder does not have that ".theme" extension winterboard might not be reading it correctly.

Also, only the MASK needs to be saved as a 24-bit png, not the SHADOW images, which can be saved as regular pngs.

Maybe you can post screenshots of your mask and shadow? Might help to diagnose your issue further...

I figured it out.. The Iphone 4 iOS 4.01 wont autoskin icons like phone, mail, safari, sms, etc.. only icons downloaded from appstore.. And my reference icons was all from those icons.. once I entered my category folder and moved it into springboard, the mask worked.

How do I autoskin stock images tho? Is that possible too? sucks to have to skin those manually..

and yeah.. its TEBlack.theme
    Last edited by vulcanpromance; 08-27-2010 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast