Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....

Default h
    Hi, i have been looking for this info for a while, great post!!

One question thought - i have done as advised and the new icons in work in the store any ideas how to get them working in the folders on OS 4.0.1?

Thanks
    Ric

Good news its now done it for most of the icons accept things like - Maps, Notes etc... i have also removed the APPICONOVERLAY.PNG from my themes folder.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Yourmum90; 08-11-2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Stock apple icons and cydia/rock icons do not auto create. You have to manually create each icon for then and put them in a folder called "Icons" located in the root of your theme folder.

Hi,

Thanks for that info, i will arrange that soon, i have just noticed that the icons look brilliant (IMO), these icons are for the old Digg theme and have two rounded corners and two striaght corners.

When i press an app, there is a gray shadow that appears in the middle with all four rounded corners.

Any ideas? stupid question proably

Last edited by Yourmum90; 08-12-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yourmum90 View Post
    Hi, i have been looking for this info for a while, great post!!

One question thought - i have done as advised and the new icons in work in the store any ideas how to get them working in the folders on OS 4.0.1?

Thanks
    Ric

Good news its now done it for most of the icons accept things like - Maps, Notes etc... i have also removed the APPICONOVERLAY.PNG from my themes folder.

Any ideas?
    Hi,

Thanks for that info, i will arrange that soon, i have just noticed that the icons look brilliant (IMO), these icons are for the old Digg theme and have two rounded corners and two striaght corners.

When i press an app, there is a gray shadow that appears in the middle with all four rounded corners.

Any ideas? stupid question proably

[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]
    The folder icon has to be themed individually -- go to bundles/ springboard.app/ foldericonbg.png -- theme this file as the actual icon you want your folder icons to look like (this file is not associated with auto-skinning, which only applies to app store apps).

For the issue regarding the shadow around the icons when you press them, go to the same budles/springboard.app folder above and open these files: icondarkeningoverlay.png, sbdockmask.png, switchericonshadow.png, wallpapericondockshadow.png, wallpapericonshadowT.png, wallpapericonshadowT.png.. wallpapericonshadow.png, and wallpapericonshadowT.png -- in photoshop and delete all the graphics on the png canvas' and save them back to the sprinboard.app folder as blank images... this should eliminate all the shadow issues that will mess up the look of your custom icons

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

Yourmum90 (08-12-2010)

Hi TC,

thanks for that extensive support, i do not seem to have these files in the folder, would you have a copy of these that i can drop in to the folder? if not when you say springboard.app folder i am guessing its the folder located in themename>Bundles>com.apple.springboard.

Sorry for the stupid questions,
    Last edited by Yourmum90; 08-12-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Changed question,

Thanks

Hi TC,

thanks for that extensive support, i do not seem to have these files in the folder, would you have a copy of these that i can drop in to the folder? if not when you say springboard.app folder i am guessing its the folder located in themename>Bundles>com.apple.springboard.

Sorry for the stupid questions,
    Not stupid at all bro - we've all got to start somewhere

And no - the ios4 version of the stock iPhone theme now has an additional springboard folder named "springboard.app" -- here's a link to the stock iPhone ios4 theme -- this should help you a ton if you use it as a template for your theme

4.0 Stock Theme.zip

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

Yourmum90 (08-12-2010)

Wickid - Dam apple and there changes

Slightly off topic but as you seem to have done this theming stuff for a while. I was trying to find away to remove the Badges advising there are updates on both the Cydia store and App Store, everyone i have spoken to have said it is not possible without adjust a file for every single app i have?

Also is there anyway to stop the Battery logo coming up on the lock screen when i plug it in to the mains. I have Lock calender installed and the battery goes over the lock calendar text.

Hey its a long shot,

Rich

Thanks

Wickid - Dam apple and there changes

Slightly off topic but as you seem to have done this theming stuff for a while. I was trying to find away to remove the Badges advising there are updates on both the Cydia store and App Store, everyone i have spoken to have said it is not possible without adjust a file for every single app i have?

Also is there anyway to stop the Battery logo coming up on the lock screen when i plug it in to the mains. I have Lock calender installed and the battery goes over the lock calendar text.

Hey its a long shot,

Rich
    Nope on both unfortunately -- the badges are built into the stock theme, and you can change them to your liking or make them transparent so only the number "1", "2", etc show up when an update is available. And the battery issue has long been a nuisance for people like you that have lockscreen plug-ins, but again, can't be done through simple theming.

Keep in mind that theming doesn't change a thing as far as hardware or the way the device operates... all your doing is customizing the stock images. Anything you don't theme will revert to the stock iphone image. Hope this helps and welcome to the buggy world of iDevice theming

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

Yourmum90 (08-12-2010)

Thanks again, i have saved all the files from the springboard.app but the shadow is still staying on the icons after a respring, i basically opened up each files in photoshop clicked Select-all and then delete the saved the file again, am i missing a trick here?

two last items on theming, i used to have a reflective dock of icons but this has since broken on 4OS and i also used to have the text of the dock icons as transparent but on the new OS it changes the text of the icons to black but the text is still there, is there a fix for this that your aware of.
    Rich

The files I am using

Well that was a long night, just encase anyone else is having the same issues as i was, where by despite me putting:FolderIconBG,IconDarkeningOverlay,SBDockBG ,SwitcherIconShadow,WallpaperIconDockShadow,Wallpa perIconDockShadowT,WallpaperIconShadow,WallpaperIc onShadowT (all .png) into the Digg/Bundles/SpringBoard.app folder it did not work.

Try putting all of those files in System/Library/CoreSerices/SpringBoard.app folder as everything seems to be working now. Althought i have know idea why it does not work in the folder as advised on her.

Rich
    Last edited by Yourmum90; 08-13-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i found how to
    Last edited by burpyierz; 08-15-2010 at 06:26 PM.

yes WallpaperIconDockShadow.png and WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png Need tp be made transparent

Thanks! Very good for my upcoming theme! Just canīt wait to upload my theme!

Default Icon mask
    I did a mask and a shadow for my theme (like the first picture) and I would like to do a glossy effect and an inner glow effect, (like the second picture). How can i do that with the mask and shadow ? I can with the overlay... but not all the icons are modified. Sorry for my bad english, i'm speaking french.
    -demo-1.png

-demo-2.png
    Last edited by samsamsami; 08-16-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

your shadow is correct now change your mask to have that same blue inner glow but make the glow black. and make your overlay transparent. I hope that makes sense to you

EDIT

Don't make it black make it a semi dark grey not really dark but a little dark so medium gray, and do the same to the white diagonal part make that on your mask also as a gray. the darker the gray the more transparent the image becomes that's why white is no transparent and black is completely transparent. so mess with different grays. if you need help and just wnat me to do it, and you can examine the images i give you to see how i did it, then i will do it for you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

samsamsami (08-16-2010)

And the blue color of the inner glow, i put it in the shadow icon ?
    Last edited by samsamsami; 08-16-2010 at 08:45 PM.

I did what u told me to change and my mask,shadow ect... don't want to appear on my ipod. The icons are stock, but they are square.

i found it, ok thank you very much
    Last edited by samsamsami; 08-16-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wait... I cant get that weird glossy efect working on iOS 4.0!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast