Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

good job with this TC i'm glad this got stickied haha sad my iPad one didn't get stickied

2. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-04-2010)

icons from my upcoming theme (well pet project)

I use the overlay because i want to but you should know that the overlay is App specific (up to the Dev)
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Here you go...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanWattus View Post
    Those icons are epic!

i would love to have the psd XP
    I also added an older version that looks like a raised center button, with a really nice pressed glow to it. You'll have the actual used PNG's and the PSD so that you can play with other inserts (removing my carbon fiber) or other colored bezels. I was consider blue or a golden yellow, those would stand out nice!!!

KJ

SFCarbon 2.rar SFCarbon 3.rar

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kingjust For This Useful Post:

Aldog18 (08-03-2010)

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingjust View Post
    I also added an older version that looks like a raised center button, with a really nice pressed glow to it. You'll have the actual used PNG's and the PSD so that you can play with other inserts (removing my carbon fiber) or other colored bezels. I was consider blue or a golden yellow, those would stand out nice!!!

KJ

SFCarbon 2.rar SFCarbon 3.rar
    Very nice
    Thanks for that, very cool.
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    icons from my upcoming theme (well pet project)

I use the overlay because i want to but you should know that the overlay is App specific (up to the Dev)
    these are sooo easy to auto create to have an overlay for all apps not just app specific ones that's what this thread is all about to show that there is no need at all for an overlay because you can't put it on all apps.

If you want to send me your psd I will gladly optomize your psd and make your auto create images.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-03-2010)

I found it's best to use a blank overlay, then it doesn't use the one from the firmware

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SchmilK For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-08-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    these are sooo easy to auto create to have an overlay for all apps not just app specific ones that's what this thread is all about to show that there is no need at all for an overlay because you can't put it on all apps.

If you want to send me your psd I will gladly optomize your psd and make your auto create images.
    Eh? Sorry, but thoughs images do auto create icons for all AppStore and webclip apps.

I only use the overlay because it's a nice change from all icons being identical, as it's up to the dev to say the app should have an overlay not me. I also create all the other overlays to -72 one and the rest as this themes the hole skin not just the springboard, only ones I can't get working are the -small icons for apps winterboard don't see them in Folders/AppStore.app.

Thanks any how for offering your assistance but it's intentional they way I have it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,972 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    good job with this TC i'm glad this got stickied haha sad my iPad one didn't get stickied
    i'd say you got your sticky -- you taught me everything i know about this auto-skinning stuff so this thread wouldn't be here without you broski

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

santaf (08-04-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    Eh? Sorry, but thoughs images do auto create icons for all AppStore and webclip apps.

I only use the overlay because it's a nice change from all icons being identical, as it's up to the dev to say the app should have an overlay not me. I also create all the other overlays to -72 one and the rest as this themes the hole skin not just the springboard, only ones I can't get working are the -small icons for apps winterboard don't see them in Folders/AppStore.app.

Thanks any how for offering your assistance but it's intentional they way I have it.
    Oh okay :-p haha that makes sense on your reason :-p sweet

And thanks tc I'm glad to have helped

15. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-08-2010)

First off all: thanks a lot dude I am kinda just getting into the whole theming thing and I was looking all over for a tutorial like this.

Just for some reason it doesn't work. I am guessing that its something really obvious. I am on iOS 4.0 on an iPod touch 2G MB
    So I checked the naming, I saved it as a PNG-24 multiple times and I just can't get it to work.
    Can anyone just post like a list of the things that are easily done wrong with this since I am guessing its something obvious that I am jus tnot seeing.

*EDIT*
    Ohh and did I get the size right 60*60?
    Last edited by JumpWar; 08-04-2010 at 03:54 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JumpWar For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-04-2010)

Thanks

Can you post a pic of the shadow and mask that you've done so far so I can take a look? And the dimensions are 59x60 - the easiest way is to copy the stock mask and shadow from a stock ios4 theme and work it on the original canvas -- If you're a new themer, getting a stock iPhone theme to use as a template is step 1
    Last edited by TCcentex; 08-04-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Ok so changing the dimensions actually got it to kinda work ^^
    only th elower border of the icon is not showing as I want it to but I think I can figure that one out.

thanks for the help dude!!!
    And I am using a few different Themes I like to build mine upon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

halfway (prolly not that far lol) through making my first them just wanted to know, i have changed the apps like mail/sms/phone etc (the ones that come on the iphone) and wanted to know (1) if i did the auto-skinning would it change the icons i have done or would it just do ones from app store? and (2) if so could i have some app store apps that did not have the auto-skin?

Sorry for the n00b stuff but im just plotting along. Cheers for any help, and yes and no would be fine for answers if you dont wanna type out reasons for it. Thanks.

Native apps don't get auto skinned, you have to do that, auto icon creation is for app store apps (all) and webclips only.

Also you can't select what is auto skinned and not. (you could turn off your theme then let it cache the new app then turn it back on, this way it won't kin that app)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rocky5 For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-08-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am needing some help creating the auto create icons. I think I understand what is being taught, but I just cant get it to work right. I got some icons from a theme, I like to mix and match, and am trying to edit them to have a chrome border on top of a black. here is what I have for my shadow and mask, and ultimately what I would like for it to auto create. I know that Cydia/Rock and native apps can not be auto themed and need that have each icon made by hand, er, photo shop.

Nevermind I managed to figure it out in a fluke. I read somewhere that on the i4 the icon names had to be AppIconShadow@2x and AppIconMask@2x that did the trick!
    Last edited by Kukri187; 08-07-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Update information

Does it work with ios4?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yahhcold View Post
    Does it work with ios4?
    yes - auto create works with ios4, you just have to manually create a folder named "com.apple.mobileicons.framework", put it in the theme's "Bundles" folder and place your mask and shadow in there... for iPhone 4, same thing but place "@2x" at the end of the file names (ex: [email protected])

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

say i want to have a colour on the border would i put the colour part over the top of the icon shadow? with a transparency level?

i want a orange band that goes from %0 > %80 > %0 again but on top of the icon its self. what image would i put that in?
    Last edited by EddieLeonard; 08-09-2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    say i want to have a colour on the border would i put the colour part over the top of the icon shadow? with a transparency level?

i want a orange band that goes from %0 > %80 > %0 again but on top of the icon its self. what image would i put that in?
    You'd put those effects on the shadow image -- the mask is used to determine the transparency of the stock icon graphic while the shadow applies the graphics that will apply to the icon frame. You should be ok applying your orange transparent effect to the shadow as long as this effect is directly above a solid black portion of the mask -- the solid black on the mask means that entire area of the stock icon will be hidden so your shadow effects will appear In all their glory with all transparency effects... If you put any transparent portion of the shadow over an area of the mask that isn't solid black you will be able to see some of the icon graphic under your transparent shadow effect - hope this helps

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

EddieLeonard (08-09-2010), Sk37cH (09-17-2012)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    You'd put those effects on the shadow image -- the mask is used to determine the transparency of the stock icon graphic while the shadow applies the graphics that will apply to the icon frame. You should be ok applying your orange transparent effect to the shadow as long as this effect is directly above a solid black portion of the mask -- the solid black on the mask means that entire area of the stock icon will be hidden so your shadow effects will appear In all their glory with all transparency effects... If you put any transparent portion of the shadow over an area of the mask that isn't solid black you will be able to see some of the icon graphic under your transparent shadow effect - hope this helps
    thnx that helped a lot as soon as i sell my 3gs i can start working on a iphone 4 theme i have had planed since 3.1.2 :P
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast