+ Reply
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I honestly have no idea why it isn't working. It is supposed to work the way it does in photoshop, and it works in photoshop. My theme's icons work, and
    Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

I honestly have no idea why it isn't working. It is supposed to work the way it does in photoshop, and it works in photoshop. My theme's icons work, and I am doing it exactly the same way for yours. =/ I have no idea sorry. I can see that the shadow is showing up, and that the shadow is there if you look through the center of hte icons you can see a triangle shape. It is jsut the mask that is skrewing up wich doesn't make sense. It is named correctly, and done correctly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have gave up on the triangles i am trying a orb but now they dont mask every icon my last theme that worked i had everything named differently i had the edited icon (what i want mine to look like) named as the shadow,
    Last edited by wardz4; 04-19-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks

the shadow is what the border is supposed to contain, and the inside parts to create the glossy stuff, and the mask contains, well the mask haha. It chops down the image of the icon to fit inside the frame (shadow). The overlay is only used on some icons, and this is why we need to use the mask/shadow hack to get a glossy overlay, and instead make the overlay transparent image. Not all icons get themed with the auto icons. Only the app-store ones do. Cydia and stock apps are not themed, and must be manually themed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is what i have atm How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-helpp.png then it come out on my ipod like this How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-img_0007.png only some of my app store icons have the golden circle going around.
    Last edited by wardz4; 04-19-2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

As I said before, the overlay should be a transparent image, because it is only used in some icons (up to the developer of the app). The mask should only consiste of blacks, grays, and whites. The shadow seems correct. The mask should be black everywhere except for a white circle that is the size of the inside circle. In this white circle you should have that half gray that you have currently on the mask.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i think this is right How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-helpp.png but now they show up like this How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-img_0006.png

Thanks

I don't understand why asks aren't working for you, your mask is exactly how mine is and have always been. It should work. The overlay @2x looks black though it should be transparent, but that shouldn't cause this, just something I see. It doesn't make sense that it cut it down to a circle for the first mask, and not the second.

Is the circle in the mask as big as the icons (frame and the inside) or is it just the size of the inside circle where the image should be? It should be the size of the inside image part.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the mask is the same size as my shadow but without the gold ring around it so just the gradient inside it. what firmware are you on or does it not matter.

Thanks

It shouldn't matter masks are masks they are always done the same. I'm on 5.0.1 though. It didn't work for me with the triangle either which didn't make sense. See here is my mask shadow and overlay, and they are done exactly like yours. How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-screen-shot-2012-04-20-7.54.59-am.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ehh. i dont understand, it has worked ever since i updated winterboard a few days ago, but that shouldn't matter, im just checking my spellings now.

Thanks

Yeah mine work still even after the winter board update, but it might have done something to make masks not work correctly. It is spelled correct. Sorry I've never had this problem and don't know what could be the problem.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

wardz4 (04-20-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im downloading a theme now and ill have a look if its different, i seen in ifile in the private frameworks where you told me to check if its ~iphone or ~ipod that its a capital M for mobile so im trying that but thanks for your help any way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question here guys. I'm having the same problem as Wardz. My mask isn't working at all. I have everything named right. I have 12 photos in all (besides the auto-generated DefaultIcon.png) which are named AppIconMask.png, [email protected], AppIconMask~iphone.png, AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png, AppIconOverlay.png, [email protected], AppIconOverlay~iphone.png, AppIconOverlay@2x~iphone, AppIconShadow.png, [email protected], AppIconShadow~iphone.png, and AppIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

This is the shadow (with the window being the mask. Just laid on top of each other. The gray to white gradient is the mask, and you can figure out the shadow yourself.

The only problem I'm having is that the mask isn't giving the effects of the gradient. Instead, the icon is showing through with 100% transparency from the mask. Instead of being filtered by the semitransparent gray, it's showing through completely.

BTW, my icons theme everything. Appstore, and stock, it's just the native apps (ios stock and cydia) still have the original pics. Not sure if I'm making sense, but the stock apps have the shadow around their icon just like the app store apps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its a pain in the a***

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No one has any insight on my issue?

Thanks
    Nice topic
    thx you so much

Thanks

Default I'm getting really frustrated please help
    I've been trying to make just one mask/skin or whatever you like to call it for like eight hours straight and no matter what i try it wont work please help. I want to remake the fallout theme so that it will work for iOS5, which I can do, but I also wanted to add "Auto-App Icon's" which is proving to be very hard for some reason. I made an "AppIconMask~iphone.png" and a "AppIconShadow~iphone.png" and when i put them in the "com.apple.mobileicons.framework" directory and respring all that happens is the app store app icons lose their original shape and become squares. But im trying to make them shaped like the vault door from fallout. look.How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-appiconmask-2x-iphone.pngName:  AppIconMask~iphone.png
Views: 1022
Size:  2.1 KBHow to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-appiconshadow-2x-iphone.pngName:  AppIconShadow~iphone.png
Views: 1013
Size:  4.6 KB

I attached a psd that has the basic images im using to make them too if that helps you help me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

hello,
    someone among you can help me please I can not create a self skinning app: '(

How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-sans-titre-1_1068.png

sorry for my english

Thanks

nevermind I figured it out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't make the edges transparent. I've tried pretty much every possible edge color combination, but it just isn't working. Is it because of iOS 5? I know this thread is quite old, but if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT:
    Nvm I just realized the shadow didn't need to be 24-bit and the 24-bit png format's difference was it lost the 8 bits of transparency >.<
    Last edited by Dinnersauce; 07-23-2012 at 07:24 PM.