+ Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Hi according to your first post, this method is only applicable to app store apps? so, I'll have to manually skin stock apps. How do i go about manually skinning
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi according to your first post, this method is only applicable to app store apps? so, I'll have to manually skin stock apps. How do i go about manually skinning stock apps?

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

stock apps and cydia apps have to be manually skinned. you create them in photoshop. Then go to var/stash/Applications and you will find stock apps, and cydia apps. Now for each one of these folders that has an icon, you have to put the same folder names in your theme in a folder called Folders and have the icons name exactly as they are named in the original folder in var/stash/Applications.

For example:

in the Applications folder you will find one called Calculator.app. In this folder you will find the icon image taht you need to replace for your device. For iphone4 and 4s it will be [email protected]. Now in your theme make an icon in photoshop, and name it [email protected] then place it in the theme at theme_name/Folders/Calculator.app/[email protected]

Hope this makes sense, look at any other theme you have downloaded for guidance if you need it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

haha okay! yea i got this part, but it ended up all squarish. but i dont have photoshop thats why looking for solutions online. So troublesome :/ thanks for your help nevertheless

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldgit9's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeyeonist View Post
    haha okay! yea i got this part, but it ended up all squarish. but i dont have photoshop thats why looking for solutions online. So troublesome :/ thanks for your help nevertheless
    In my experience, you'll never find a good enough alternative to photoshop online. The next best free program is "Gimp". But even then, that's no subsatute for photoshop. Why dont you download the trial version of photoshop? And if you like it, you can buy it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeyeonist View Post
    Oh sorry then my only guess is you didn't make a png with a transparent background what did you use to make it and could you post your icon then I can see if I am correct. Gimp should be able to make the images with transparent backgrounds but yes as the user above said, photoshop is by far the best.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey im new to themes and stuff i have tried and it worked out well and since i have seen this tutorial i have found out how to do that diagonal reflection thing but its now not working, i am on an ipod touch 4g 5.0.1, i have made the folders (theme name)>bundles>com.apple.mobileicon.framework then inside the framework folder i have theseHow to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-help.png and still my icons dont seem to have the diagonal reflection/shadow thing. any help
    Last edited by wardz4; 04-17-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks

Well here are 2 things you are missing:

1) You need to have ~iphone after the names, maybe it's different' for ipod and it said ~ipod I don't know, so go into System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework and look in there what your AppIconMask and all that jazz is named (copy that name).
    2) you need to have an AppIconOverlay@2x~iphone.png, or ~ipod again see number 1, that is transparent. This hides apples existent overlay.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ohh yeah its ~iphone ill see if it works now so put ~iphone on the end of every png image in that folder and i deleted the overlays like it said in the tut
    Last edited by wardz4; 04-17-2012 at 10:16 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my icons have changed shape i have made them triangles but they havet got the reflection look on top. i have the gradient overlay on but no its not showing.

Thanks

do a screenshot of what your icons look like because the way your mask and shaddow are it looks like it should work with a slight black bottom triangle and a fully colored upper triangle

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is my i cons im trying also to get rid of the faint parts of the icons coming of the side of the triangleHow to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-img_0005.pngthis is my themes folder partHow to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-untitled-1.png

Thanks

hmm it looks like to me they should work, but maybe there is something up with your mask, if you want to post the psd, I will gladly fix it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

app icon mask.psd thats the mask psd ill keep trying i might try a square again see if i can get that to work or make the gradient a line instead of a circle

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wardz4 View Post
    Attachment 580855 thats the mask psd ill keep trying i might try a square again see if i can get that to work or make the gradient a line instead of a circle
    Alright I'm about to start class right now. I'll look at it, and see if I can make the icon based off of the mask, after class.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok thanks

Thanks

Here you go try this:

http://www.filedropper.com/triangleicons

It should work, but I would suggest going with an icon that would show more of the icon's image. Triangles don't really show much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have put the triangleicons folder into my ipod in the themes and it comes out like thisHow to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....-img_0006.png do you not need the @2x files aswell

Thanks

you only need the @2x files did I not put @2x on them?Yeah I did I checked. Put it at the top of your winterboard list. I'll try it on mine soon see if it works

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh yeah you have sorry, and it is at the top i have deleted everything and put that in