Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [WIP] FroYoIOS

Default [Release] FroYoIOS

Full FroYo Replica

Home Screen Tips

Dialer Screen

Alternate clock widget.

My work in progress, this is to mimic FroYo as much as possible.
    I'm too addicted to FroYo nowadays so I decided to make a full winterboard theme, hopefully possible.

This is the first time I'm trying to create a full system wide theme, so please be gentle with me

-------------------------------------------

Beta can be downloaded from the attachment.

What you need.
    > Winterboard
    > 5 Icon Dock
    > iBlank
    > CategoriesSB

Unrar and SSH into /Library/Themes, In Winterboard arrange the themes in this order

Create 2 Blanks with iBlank, This is how the dock should look like

There will be no icons on the SpringBoard, all icons will be in a Category call "Apps". (Except Phone, Safari and Apps Catergory)

-------------------------------------------

I've temporary stop making this theme as i had sold my 3Gs away, I'm waiting for my iPhone4 to arrive from apple. Meantime tr00per is editing the theme

As per requested by tr00per, i've included his mod for iOS4 of the theme in the first post so if you want to download his mod here is the link

FroyoIOS4.rar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -froyoios.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nitestarzz; 08-15-2010 at 08:40 AM.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to nitestarzz For This Useful Post:

3lk4 (12-27-2010), AMG Design (08-05-2010), chispa91 (07-29-2010), DA_GHOST (07-24-2010), devadv (07-23-2010), Doreen (08-13-2010), EddieLeonard (07-22-2010), GazaIan (08-22-2010), idsil (08-15-2010), jakec233 (07-22-2010), jayteez (07-22-2010), jonny79 (05-12-2011), King Shady (07-22-2010), MindGem (08-15-2010), p1ayrTh3_Ru13 (08-25-2010), phantomgrave (08-19-2010), Raaj FX was banned (11-05-2010), Rigatony (12-14-2010), togomaku (07-27-2010), UltimateCydiaSource (02-05-2012), vientiane (09-13-2010), yusuf530i (07-22-2010)

I can't wait to see this on my phone, please make a HD version for iphone 4

Failing means yer playin! ziggy7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,378 Times in 1,278 Posts

Looks really nice

Looks fabulous, kudos!
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

Best android ive ever seen so far . Keep up the good work :-)

Awesome work man, can't wait for the release.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

looks great .
    good job

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, wow. its nice, I'm a big fan of android themes (don't like the OS its self though ) Here is a android theme I was running back in 3.1.2

If you need any help with icons or anything I will be happy to help and I will defiantly use this theme (but with my page dots in the dock like the screen shot above

Great so far and I cant wait what else you can put into it to make it better
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    Ok, wow. its nice, I'm a big fan of android themes (don't like the OS its self though Here is a android theme I was running back in 3.1.2

If you need any help with icons or anything I will be happy to help and I will defiantly use this theme (but with my page dots in the dock like the screen shot above

Great so far and I cant wait what else you can put into it to make it better
    fond memories of that one. spent so much time modding and whatnot with that one. i wish multiple pages were still supported

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolcats For This Useful Post:

EddieLeonard (07-22-2010)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lolcats View Post
    fond memories of that one. spent so much time modding and whatnot with that one. i wish multiple pages were still supported
    yeah, it took me so long to find a way to have widgets show on different pages as well :P but i did it and was happy with it for a little while

and even know its this one blows mine out of the water
    Last edited by EddieLeonard; 07-22-2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

HD version working on iPhone 4 and I will donate

as full UI as possible
    Last edited by chrisrotolo; 07-22-2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    yeah, it took me so long to find a way to have widgets show on different pages as well :P but i did it and was happy with it for a little while

and even know its this one blows mine out of the water
    yeah, i remember it, you cut holes in the wallpaper. i was the kid with all the widgets

Default Home screen tips
    Something fun --> Home Screen Tips

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

when release this theme? it work on ios 4??

Quote Originally Posted by nitestarzz View Post
    ALOT OF IMAGES

My work in progress, this is to mimic FroYo as much as possible.
    I'm too addicted to FroYo nowadays so I decided to make a full winterboard theme, hopefully possible.

This is the first time I'm trying to create a full system wide theme, so please be gentle with me

C & C Welcome!
    Ah, let's talk shop. As THE best android themer here, I'll give you some tips. GET BETTER ICONS. Download Hexane's EyeFroyo, and use the default app icons there. They are made by me, and they are for anybody to use, just credit me. They are graphically superior to anything else out there; For full flair in your theme, USE THEM.

Next: the launcher. I just traded in my iPhone 4 for a Samsung Captivate (WOOT), and I noticed that in the 3D app Launcher, there is no 'froyo dock' it's just a HOME icon. I'd try to change that if I were you...although there is no support for multiple dock images....

Finally, are we finally gonna have scrollable widgets? Or are these either on one page with page overlays for the rest of the pages (UGLY), or LiveClock/WeatherIcon Mods? Scrollable widgets will be amazing...if libraries for such extensions exist....

Quote Originally Posted by Li-ion View Post
    ALOT OF WORDS
    Are u sure your samsung captivate is on froyo? It should be on eclair
    And do you go around telling people to use your icons and you are the best android themer.
    Why do you need to tell people to use your icon, what's the problem with having our own icons??

Another side note, I don't use your icon's because the name have to be inserted into the image, and there comes a problem when an app doesn't have your icon, it will have no name because the theme hide away the name.

And also the icons are all retrieve from the android rom's, so i don't see why your icons were the best.

PS: You can continue to hold on to your title as the best android themer, nobody is gonna snatch it away from u
    Last edited by nitestarzz; 07-23-2010 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitestarzz View Post
    Are u sure your samsung captivate is on froyo? It should be on eclair :
    And do you go around telling people to use your icons and you are the best android themer.
    Why do you need to tell people to use your icon, what's the problem with having our own icons??

Another side note, I don't use your icon's because the name have to be inserted into the image, and there comes a problem when an app doesn't have your icon, it will have no name because the theme hide away the name.

And also the icons are all retrieve from the android rom's, so i don't see why your icons were the best.

PS: You can continue to hold on to your title as the best android themer, nobody is gonna snatch it away from u
    haha sorry if i got off a little arrogant

my captivate is indeed on eclair, but I'm using a launcher called Launcher Pro Plus at the moment...amazing stuff, makes it look just like froyo! It's true, I get all my stuff from ROMs. I find it's the best approach, as nothing can go wrong, graphically.

I find that using the shaded areas with the icon name gives the theme more appeal. To me (and others I hope!) it makes a big difference whether or not there's a shadow under the icon name. It looks genuine, and since genuine is your goal, I suggest you stick to it...

that being said, if there's anything you need, feel free to shoot me a PM. Thankfully, the surge of lamer android themes of Early '10 is subsiding and the good ones like this are finally shining. I'm subscribed to this thread, and I hope it gets somewhere

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Li-ion For This Useful Post:

nitestarzz (07-23-2010)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast