Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 634

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by jakec233 View Post
    Anyone figured out how to have a transparent status bar?
    Not Yet

  2. #42
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    alright so these next few images are all found in the usual springboard.app (/system/library/coreservices/springboard.app
    FolderIconBG- this is the folder icon... size = 59x62 pxl
    FolderDropBG- this is the image you see when you drag an icon onto a folder and it "lights up" size = 177x177 pxl
    FolderSwitcherBG- this is the image used to skin the inside of the folder size = 320x480 pxl
    IconDarkeningOverlay- this image is used to shadow icons when they are clicked on (you know to make it look like it sinks in) size = 58x62
    SwitcherIconShadow- erm not 100% on this atm but i believe its the icon shadow on the multitask dock (@LiB maybe youknow and can update this when you add it to the top) and its size = 59x60
    lol this is takin me ages because i dont have sbsettings or respringer so i keep having to reboot rather than a simple respring...
    WallpaperIconDockShadow AND WallpaperIconDockShadowT- iOS4 creates shadows behind icons (you can only really see them when you have an iBlank) these two images create the shadow for DOCK ICONS ONLY!!
    WallpaperIconShadow AND WallpaperIconShadowT- these two images are responsible for shadows created behind apps on springboard read below for more on these four images...
    ok so i was gna try and explain how these four images work but im having trouble with it atm because my wifi isnt working so i have to keep rebooting will update later on..

    oh and we are pretty sure that the statusbar is now made with code (using a background shadow) because there is no image ANYWHERE!!!!

    FolderNotchHighlight, FolderShadowBottom, FolderShadowNotch, FolderShadowTop- these four a kind of self explanatory, they give open folders shadowing and create the little notch bit. havnt found much to do with these atm but im sure some of the awesome themers in the community will be able to!
    FolderTitleEditField- this image creates the text input field when you are editing a folders name...
    GhostlyIconMask- UNKOWN
    JibblerBackground- i just found this image, dont know what it does atm size = 320x480[/COLOR]
    JibblerFadeLeft- again i have no idea does anyone know what the "jibbler" is???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

    MCNext, MCPause, MCPlay, MCPrev..
    these images are for the ipod controls in the MTDock there. there are three images for EACH ONE, and are called >>MCNext, MCNext_d, MCNext_p
    there also black versions of these images, i dont know what they are for though. they are called PlayT, PauseT, NextT, NextOffT, PrevT, PrevOffT..
    RotationLockButton and RotationUnlockButton these two little beauties are the orient-lock buttons in the MTDock and i believe are very fun to theme =] (does anyone know where the statusbar orient lock icon is????)
    thats all i have atm theres LOADS i havnt covered but im gonna test some out to see exactly what they do first hope this helps you guys!!! looks like its gunna b fun themeing 4.0 =]
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 06-27-2010 at 05:09 AM. Reason: added more shizzle

  3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

    dr33Rocks (07-05-2010), EddieLeonard (06-28-2010), PotatoHead (06-27-2010), TCcentex (07-21-2010), TsukiakariUsagi (08-07-2010), x| LiB |x (06-27-2010)

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    alright so these next few images are all found in the usual springboard.app (/system/library/coreservices/springboard.app
    FolderIconBG- this is the folder icon... size = 59x62 pxl
    FolderDropBG- this is the image you see when you drag an icon onto a folder and it "lights up" size = 177x177 pxl
    FolderSwitcherBG- this is the image used to skin the inside of the folder size = 320x480 pxl
    IconDarkeningOverlay- this image is used to shadow icons when they are clicked on (you know to make it look like it sinks in) size = 58x62
    SwitcherIconShadow- erm not 100% on this atm but i believe its the icon shadow on the multitask dock (@LiB maybe youknow and can update this when you add it to the top) and its size = 59x60
    lol this is takin me ages because i dont have sbsettings or respringer so i keep having to reboot rather than a simple respring...
    WallpaperIconDockShadow AND WallpaperIconDockShadowT- iOS4 creates shadows behind icons (you can only really see them when you have an iBlank) these two images create the shadow for DOCK ICONS ONLY!!
    WallpaperIconShadow AND WallpaperIconShadowT- these two images are responsible for shadows created behind apps on springboard read below for more on these four images...
    ok so i was gna try and explain how these four images work but im having trouble with it atm because my wifi isnt working so i have to keep rebooting will update later on..

    oh and we are pretty sure that the statusbar is now made with code (using a background shadow) because there is no image ANYWHERE!!!!

    FolderNotchHighlight, FolderShadowBottom, FolderShadowNotch, FolderShadowTop- these four a kind of self explanatory, they give open folders shadowing and create the little notch bit. havnt found much to do with these atm but im sure some of the awesome themers in the community will be able to!
    FolderTitleEditField- this image creates the text input field when you are editing a folders name...
    GhostlyIconMask- UNKOWN
    JibblerBackground- i just found this image, dont know what it does atm size = 320x480[/COLOR]
    JibblerFadeLeft- again i have no idea does anyone know what the "jibbler" is???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

    MCNext, MCPause, MCPlay, MCPrev..
    these images are for the ipod controls in the MTDock there. there are three images for EACH ONE, and are called >>MCNext, MCNext_d, MCNext_p
    there also black versions of these images, i dont know what they are for though. they are called PlayT, PauseT, NextT, NextOffT, PrevT, PrevOffT..
    RotationLockButton and RotationUnlockButton these two little beauties are the orient-lock buttons in the MTDock and i believe are very fun to theme =] (does anyone know where the statusbar orient lock icon is????)
    thats all i have atm theres LOADS i havnt covered but im gonna test some out to see exactly what they do first hope this helps you guys!!! looks like its gunna b fun themeing 4.0 =]

    Thanks MaxxyBoii2K10!

    The Jibbler is the background when you press and hold the home button for voice recognition to enable music, place a call etc (iPhone only) and the fade is the sides of the image.

    *** for the status bar only thing so far is nothing is theme-able but the carrier.

    Quote Originally Posted by bostonguy3737 View Post
    Yea I have classified but my phone and app store icons won't change for some reason
    Everything looks themed boston?
    Last edited by x| LiB |x; 06-27-2010 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #44
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    Ok I only have a 3G so didn't have a clue THANKS
    And I mean the ACTUAL status bar itself not the stuff that's on it, and I believe you can still theme the carrier by going to the actual image and replacing that, I'm not sure about with winterboard I'm guessing you can.
    (I'm not guns use winterboard for as long as possible caus my 3G isn't handling multitasking that well anymore lol)

  6. #45
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bradford, ENGLAND
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts

    Nice

  7. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    this is coming along real nicely

  8. #47
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts

    Phone: 3G
    OS: IOS4
    Theme: Classified

    Does anyone know why my dock icons are showing up so high on the springboard?

    Thanks-photo.png

    **Edit : Nevermind, I got the answer over in the classified theme release thread

    http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ified-193.html
    Last edited by HarleyMo; 06-27-2010 at 03:37 PM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to HarleyMo For This Useful Post:

    Kat_Kingdom (08-21-2010)

  10. #48
    I've been working and searching to theme the status bar for days. Can't find anything... is it hard coded in somewhere instead of an image, I'm wondering...
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

  11. #49
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,780
    Thanks
    1,857
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 877 Posts

    Has anyone tried fixing a custom status bar to the top of the wallpaper.png to see if the standard "stealth" status bar is transparent?

  12. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by x| LiB |x View Post
    4. Icons now have a shadow affect to them. For now thanks to wim66 you can do this... "download attached"

    Create transparent WallpaperIconShadow.png and WallpaperIconShadowT.png and put them in

    /private/var/stash/Themes/theme.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard
    Ok, it seems that dock shadow image is the same size as the springboard shadow image. So if you want remove the shadows off of the springboard and the dock you will need 4 images: WallpaperIconShadow.png, WallpaperIconShadowT.png, WallpaperIconDockShadow.png and WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png. Just duplicate and rename the images previously attached and you will be able to remove the shadow from the springboard and the dock.

  13. #51
    Requests:

    1. Status Bar themeing

    2. Badge text themeing, Info.plist entry doesn't work anymore...

    3. Docked icon text transparency. Info.plist with color: Transparent doesn't work anymore...
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

  14. #52
    kabamodern. We are all awaiting these. People have been trying to figure out the status bar but it seems to be embedded with the artwork file. Which means it's likely to be a while before someone has a solution.

  15. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Navec245 View Post
    kabamodern. We are all awaiting these. People have been trying to figure out the status bar but it seems to be embedded with the artwork file. Which means it's likely to be a while before someone has a solution.
    I know - I didn't know if anyone had a solution to the others. Maxxy said he took apart a couple .artwork files and still nothing. Just checking in, thanks.
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

  16. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamodern View Post
    3. Docked icon text transparency. Info.plist with color: Transparent doesn't work anymore...
    The White Icon Labels theme in winterboard still works to make the icon labels white. Now I haven't looked at it yet to see if it's still using an Info.plist, but if it is you can change the color of the text to what ever your springboard is, or at least something that will make it look like its hidden. Just a thought, when I get a chance I'll open it up and take a look and let you know, if no one else has by then.

  17. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post
    The White Icon Labels theme in winterboard still works to make the icon labels white. Now I haven't looked at it yet to see if it's still using an Info.plist, but if it is you can change the color of the text to what ever your springboard is, or at least something that will make it look like its hidden. Just a thought, when I get a chance I'll open it up and take a look and let you know, if no one else has by then.
    Here's the thing. Applying color: Transparent WILL change the text; however, it makes it like gray... It kind of looks like there is still some background there that affects the text...
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

  18. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamodern View Post
    Here's the thing. Applying color: Transparent WILL change the text; however, it makes it like gray... It kind of looks like there is still some background there that affects the text...
    Ok, I just took a look and I see what your saying. I think I may have figured out what's causing it. It seems to look like the reflection of the dock icons are what's making it that gray color. If you know of some way to turn off the reflection then it may work.

  19. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post
    Ok, I just took a look and I see what your saying. I think I may have figured out what's causing it. It seems to look like the reflection of the dock icons are what's making it that gray color. If you know of some way to turn off the reflection then it may work.
    I've made it work - thanks to some help from the members of MacThemes. In your Info.plist file in the root of your theme...

    <key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent; text-shadow: transparent 0px 1px 0px;</string>

    Enjoy
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kabamodern For This Useful Post:

    1hihum (12-07-2010), gakideka (07-02-2010), HarleyMo (06-27-2010), Kat_Kingdom (11-08-2010), PotatoHead (06-27-2010), wim66 (06-28-2010)

  21. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamodern View Post
    I've made it work - thanks to some help from the members of MacThemes. In your Info.plist file in the root of your theme...

    <key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent; text-shadow: transparent 0px 1px 0px;</string>

    Enjoy
    Good stuff. I figured it had to be something like that. I've been out of touch, so I'm going back to knowledge of themes on 2.0. I'm starting to get back into it again, so much has changed, especially with iOS4.

  22. #59
    So, seems like AirPortSettings.bundle icons are only using inside Settings App when picking a WiFi network - not for Status Bar.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

  23. #60
    Found this one today. To theme the old UILCDBackground.png in UIImages, it's now called BarLCD.png and needs to go into: Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/BarLCD.png

    Anyone making progress on the Status Bar yet - this one is a killer!
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kabamodern For This Useful Post:

    Jahooba (08-05-2010), wim66 (06-29-2010)

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •