+ Reply
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
noone knows how to change the keypad in general >> passcode lock?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    noone knows how to change the keypad in general >> passcode lock?

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

was that to me dsg? If it was well I read through that thread and all it said was about icons (which I was able to do through the Icons folder) I was wondering about like the calculator doesn't theme when i put it in com.apple.calculator, the text bubbles don't show up when put in com.apple.chatkit, and the carriers and everything I used to put in bundles isn't working for me
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,768 Times in 707 Posts

^yes, there's info about using the Bundle files for theming the iPhone 4

Edit: Soz it's just about Icons, D'oh!
    Last edited by dsg; 08-04-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

okay thank you
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hey guys!

I'm trying to theme the wifi bars to be red,yellow and green and I got them straight from the AirPortSettings.bundle. I modified them accordingly and put them in the bundles folder of my hacked together theme I've gotten started on but they aren't showing up. Yes they are all named with @2x.png on the end and I didn't change the names from what was in the bundle. I put the files into com.apple.AirPortSettings which is what the bundle was named. Have I got the bundle name right or is something else screwy?

Has anyone found the location of the phone signal bars, and where to put them (what bundle named folder) after you're done modding them? I want to do the same with my bars from red to green.

One more question! Would anyone help me figure out how to make the swipe to unlock grey button completely transparent and long enough that when I tap that area it unlocks so I don't have to swipe? I had that on my 3GS but with icon sizes changing I have no clue what to make it size wise. I also had a full width green bar to tap to answer calls rather than swiping and I had a red bar for tapping to turn the phone off rather than swipe. Could someone help me make those three bars? You guys are amazing and I can't even begin to wrap my head around do this as well as you guys do!

Thanks

(these are the bars I used to have on my 3GS)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips-bottombarknobred.png   iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips-bottombarknobgreen.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys !
    I'm French.
    I'm trying to create a theme for iPhone 4 with FW 4.0.1.

I don't arrive to delete the shadows...
    I'd like to customize too the repertories.

Can you help me ?

Thanks
    Last edited by ARBI; 08-05-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Thanks

hey all, I've started theming again, and I'm wondering how big i need to make the icons and UIImages. 2 times bigger? or will winterboard upscale icons automatically?

Thanks

Default Help. I think my head might explode
    This is what I had before ios 4.0

This is what I have now.

I have got a lot fixed but the spacing is what I can't figure out.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Hey guys!

I'm trying to theme the wifi bars to be red,yellow and green and I got them straight from the AirPortSettings.bundle. I modified them accordingly and put them in the bundles folder of my hacked together theme I've gotten started on but they aren't showing up. Yes they are all named with @2x.png on the end and I didn't change the names from what was in the bundle. I put the files into com.apple.AirPortSettings which is what the bundle was named. Have I got the bundle name right or is something else screwy?

Has anyone found the location of the phone signal bars, and where to put them (what bundle named folder) after you're done modding them? I want to do the same with my bars from red to green.

One more question! Would anyone help me figure out how to make the swipe to unlock grey button completely transparent and long enough that when I tap that area it unlocks so I don't have to swipe? I had that on my 3GS but with icon sizes changing I have no clue what to make it size wise. I also had a full width green bar to tap to answer calls rather than swiping and I had a red bar for tapping to turn the phone off rather than swipe. Could someone help me make those three bars? You guys are amazing and I can't even begin to wrap my head around do this as well as you guys do!

Thanks

(these are the bars I used to have on my 3GS)
    the names of the signal and wifi bars have been renamed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fudsey View Post
    I just used to old trial and error method till it finally changed.

Here's some of the others

WIFI:

Black_0_WifiBars.png
    Black_1_WifiBars.png
    Black_2_WifiBars.png
    Black_3_WifiBars.png
    Silver_0_WifiBars.png
    Silver_1_WifiBars.png
    Silver_2_WifiBars.png
    Silver_3_WifiBars.png

Signal:

Black_0_Bars.png
    Black_1_Bars.png
    Black_2_Bars.png
    Black_3_Bars.png
    Black_4_Bars.png
    Black_5_Bars.png
    Silver_0_Bars.png
    Silver_1_Bars.png
    Silver_2_Bars.png
    Silver_3_Bars.png
    Silver_4_Bars.png
    Silver_5_Bars.png

Status Bar:

Translucent_Base.png
    Black_Base.png
    Silver_Base.png

These all go in the UIImages Folder in your theme.
    I hope that helps some.

Now if I could get my weather to work I'd be done...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to drog92 For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (08-06-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thanks dragon, that's a glaring omission by me. I totally missed that post. I got the clear lockscreen button and the answer and power down buttons figured out and made. I can't post them cause I'm on my iPhone now. Where are the stock bars for the cell signal located? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I think I screwed up somewhere. I modified the original bars straight from the AirPortSettings folder, didn't change the size but just the colors, and when I put them in my UIImages folder they are easily twice the normal size on the status bar. I named them right because they are showing up, but they are HUGE on the status bar. Tried putting @2x on the end of the file name but they don't show up when I do that. How come they are so huge even though the only change from stock is the color?
    Last edited by KartRacer; 08-06-2010 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fudsey View Post
    You got to make the canvas size 3x20 but leave the image the same size(3x8 or 3x7). You will have transparent pixels above and below the silver pixels. you may have to move the silver ones up or down to correspond to your battery's position.
    I'm still confused how to do this. Can anyone describe it better? I'm using Fireworks to do the editing - I changed the canvas size as suggested and moved the image - but the battery images still don't line up. If anyone has successfully done this would you kindly send me a link to the images?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hamfast View Post
    I'm still confused how to do this. Can anyone describe it better? I'm using Fireworks to do the editing - I changed the canvas size as suggested and moved the image - but the battery images still don't line up. If anyone has successfully done this would you kindly send me a link to the images?

Thanks
    here is what I did, leave the image open in photoshop afetr you have moved it saved and installed into your device check it if ity needs to go up more or dfown move thn move it in that direction in a little more and recheck it it may take severl adjustments to get it to line up correctly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do u remove dock and undock icon shadows for iphone 4 on ios4? the wallpapericonshadow.png doesnt seem to work.... can anyone help?
    Last edited by gakideka; 08-07-2010 at 09:48 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

StatusNotifier Icons Calls, Mail, SMS, and Silent for the statusbar need to be renamed to:

Default_NCALL.png
    FSO_NCALL.png
    Default_NMAIL1.png
    FSO_NMAIL1.png
    Default_NSMS.png
    FSO_NSMS.png
    Default_NSILENT.png
    FSO_NSILENT.png

and put into your theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

And NO you dont need the status notifier fix, at lease i didnt.
    Last edited by Fantasigraphic; 08-07-2010 at 06:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Time sensitive background
    Anyone can guide me one how to create a time sensitive rotating background without weather? Cannot seem to get it right after lots of tries.

Quote Originally Posted by gakideka View Post
    how do u remove dock and undock icon shadows for iphone 4 on ios4? the wallpapericonshadow.png doesnt seem to work.... can anyone help?
    Use a WallpaperIconDockShadow.png & WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png transparent image. 103 x 103px.
    Last edited by killkyo; 08-08-2010 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 47,011 Times in 9,819 Posts

killkyo why in the first post WallpaperIconShadowT size is 130 x 130 ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

Default WiFi Bar Change
    Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    so where do you find the wifi and status bar battery images? i looked around but came up empty i think. PreferenceBundles/AirPortSettings theres wifi 0-3 black, blue, and white. not sure if they are what i need to change the wifi tho. if anyone knows where to find the service bars, wifi(probably 3g & E also), status bar battery and battery % please post.

If you want to change your WiFi Bars here's what I did and it works, I used my old pics at the original size but named them like this,
    Black_0_WiFiBars.png,
    Black_1_WiFiBars.png,
    Black_2_WiFiBars.png
    Black_3_WiFiBars.png,
    Silver_0_WiFiBars.png,
    Silver_1_WiFiBars.png,
    Silver_2_WiFiBars.png
    Silver_3_WiFiBars.png and put them in your UIImages.

I'm still trying to figure out how to change the color of the Battery on the Status Bar if anyone know how please let me know thanks...
    Last edited by reaves205; 08-08-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to reaves205 For This Useful Post:

dylan17 (08-14-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Different "Page Paper" from Wallpaper?
    Has anyone figured this out yet? I have dug through my old themes and I have gone through this string alot, and gotten just about everything to work, so thanks so much for all of that help!

Samaritas

also, one more question too... What are the sizes of the icons? I want to make a custom transparent one, that will go over my weather widget so that I can just tap that and open up the weather app.

Thanks!

Samaritas
    Last edited by samaritas; 08-09-2010 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

Default change battery color @ StatusBar - iphone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by samaritas View Post
    Has anyone figured this out yet? I have dug through my old themes and I have gone through this string alot, and gotten just about everything to work, so thanks so much for all of that help!

Samaritas

also, one more question too... What are the sizes of the icons? I want to make a custom transparent one, that will go over my weather widget so that I can just tap that and open up the weather app.

Thanks!

Samaritas
    If you found the files to change the battery color on the status Bar please let me know..
    thanks

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,768 Times in 707 Posts

^there images you need to edit in PS or other:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Edit: they go in Your.theme/Folders/UIKit.framework
    Last edited by dsg; 08-09-2010 at 10:06 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Cav3O (08-13-2010)