Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips

Thanks

so where do you find the wifi and status bar battery images? i looked around but came up empty i think. PreferenceBundles/AirPortSettings theres wifi 0-3 black, blue, and white. not sure if they are what i need to change the wifi tho. if anyone knows where to find the service bars, wifi(probably 3g & E also), status bar battery and battery % please post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    so where do you find the wifi and status bar battery images? i looked around but came up empty i think. PreferenceBundles/AirPortSettings theres wifi 0-3 black, blue, and white. not sure if they are what i need to change the wifi tho. if anyone knows where to find the service bars, wifi(probably 3g & E also), status bar battery and battery % please post.
    I found these also and played around with them and could not get them to theme..... Still trying.....

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,277 Times in 3,576 Posts

Thanks for the Tips. Im just very confused about this title. Isn't it totally wrong as youre talking about ios4 and not iPhone 4 ?
    Last edited by Blue; 06-25-2010 at 08:42 AM.

I saw somewhere that the name of the images for the auto create starts with "avatar". So do we change the "App" to "avatar" and place it in that framework folder?

Also, I was playing around with my friend's OS4 and it seems like the number of apps you can put in a folder for "file management (categories)" is maxed at 12, and you can't put a folder in a folder. So is there a way to change that number somewhere in the plist? It kind of sucks having it limited because it will still require for us themers to rely on Cat SB or whatever "newer" file management app will come out for compatibility.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/GunDom66/thumbs_132075-worn-cloth-icon-alpha.png

Twitter: gundom66

MyPad and Special Darque are free themes. A little thank you with the "Thank You" button is sufficient. No donations necessary...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gundom For This Useful Post:

x| LiB |x (06-27-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by gundom View Post
    I saw somewhere that the name of the images for the auto create starts with "avatar". So do we change the "App" to "avatar" and place it in that framework folder?

Also, I was playing around with my friend's OS4 and it seems like the number of apps you can put in a folder for "file management (categories)" is maxed at 12, and you can't put a folder in a folder. So is there a way to change that number somewhere in the plist? It kind of sucks having it limited because it will still require for us themers to rely on Cat SB or whatever "newer" file management app will come out for compatibility.
    I would like an answer to this as well. This would be huge. My guess is the way the folder opens would somehow have to be redesigned as well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Navec245 For This Useful Post:

x| LiB |x (06-27-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

None of my themes are working! Well its hit or miss. Parts will work but some wont. The wallpaper.png works as does any theme with .js or .html on the spring board, but elements such as page1.png etc. for different wallpapers on each page don't work.

Okay, it looks like this "avatar" thing is for iPad only... based on one of the guys that started an OS4 Themeing thread elsewhere. However, we're still stump on the 12 apps max per folder. I'm sure someone will come up with a plist to wipe out that max count. If and when that happens, no need for Cat SB! However, it's not just the max 12 that is an obstacle right now. You open up a full folder and it shows you all 12 apps in the folder - the reason why they did it as so. You can't scroll up and down or left to right. That will be the other problem that needs to be fixed. But if Apple has limited it to this, then it's time for an updated Cat SB or Stacks for 4.0.
    Last edited by gundom; 06-25-2010 at 05:44 PM.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/GunDom66/thumbs_132075-worn-cloth-icon-alpha.png

Twitter: gundom66

MyPad and Special Darque are free themes. A little thank you with the "Thank You" button is sufficient. No donations necessary...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gundom For This Useful Post:

x| LiB |x (06-27-2010)

Hope I can join in on some nice themes from the community, once the new iPhone 4 is jailbroken

Green Apple
    Thanks

{double post} sorry
    Last edited by Gregd; 06-25-2010 at 04:51 PM.

If you are interested, you can change the background inside the folder. You need an 320X480 Image, name it FolderSwitcherBG. Place it in your com.apple.springboard folder. Respring.

If you want a skinned Lock Icon for the iPod controls in the multitask tray refer to post 2882 here:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ml#post5308995
    Last edited by Navec245; 06-25-2010 at 05:44 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Navec245 For This Useful Post:

Kat_Kingdom (08-15-2010), x| LiB |x (06-27-2010)

Definitely will bookmark this thread. I also would like to know where the status bar pngs are now (i.e. signal, wifi, battery). Also, what's up with the dark shadows around my custom dock icons? If they aren't a square then, they have this greyed shadow around them, looks like crap.... any thoughts?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Swiftks For This Useful Post:

x| LiB |x (06-27-2010)

Battery is the same as before (Bundles/com.apple.springboard).

Wi-Fi are found in /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/AirPortSettings.bundle but Winterboard doesn't seem to work for these. Old fashioned overwriting the files didn't work even after a reboot, so they may be stored somewhere else as well?

I haven't found any files for the gsmSignalStrength bars yet.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

x| LiB |x (06-27-2010)

Just thought that maybe you guys should be working together... Here's another thread on the same subject.

lets theme 4.0!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Swiftks For This Useful Post:

x| LiB |x (06-27-2010)

iBlank leaves a shadow, I made WallpaperIconShadow.png and WallpaperIconShadowT.png transparent and put them in /theme.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/ (attached below)

WallpaperIconShadow.png.zip

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wim66 For This Useful Post:

ricgo (08-04-2010), southpointchrysler (11-24-2010), TGrill (11-10-2010), x| LiB |x (06-27-2010)

just a thought but whenever i try to open up the files to look at them in gimp it says that they are corrupetd.

also, whenever the preview comes up in windows explorer, they are all black/transparent.

i think apple has decided to encode/protect them

how did you get the phone icon to change and also the IOS dock to go away???

"We are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves"
    Gone Baby Gone

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2065 View Post
    just a thought but whenever i try to open up the files to look at them in gimp it says that they are corrupetd.

also, whenever the preview comes up in windows explorer, they are all black/transparent.

i think apple has decided to encode/protect them
    You can fix those png files, check this ModMyi Forums - Downloads - fixpngwindows

Quote Originally Posted by bostonguy3737 View Post
    how did you get the phone icon to change and also the IOS dock to go away???
    They were always in my theme, "Classified"
    I just had to rename the stock icons the way they are in my own language.
    Last edited by wim66; 06-26-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wim66 For This Useful Post:

Late_Nights (09-10-2010), Wilbourn (08-08-2010), x| LiB |x (06-27-2010)

Yea I have classified but my phone and app store icons won't change for some reason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -mobile-photo-jun-26-2010-6-41-02-pm.jpg  
    Last edited by bostonguy3737; 06-26-2010 at 08:44 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djgunner's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks big time for the info on how to skin the folder bg.. that rules! OS4 is going to bring UI themes to a whole new level once we get all the nooks and crannies sorted out.

Last edited by djgunner; 06-28-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Anyone figured out how to have a transparent status bar?

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast