+ Reply
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Thanks guys iblank worked a treat.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks guys iblank worked a treat.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x| LiB |x View Post
    So far this cannot be done
    Not Good.

I`ve a Theme with named Icons. Now i can`t give the iOS4 Folder a Name. It looks a little bit funny.

Sorry for my English. I am from Germany

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KaiTa View Post
    Not Good. :

I`ve a Theme with named Icons. Now i can`t give the iOS4 Folder a Name. It looks a little bit funny.

Sorry for my English. I am from Germany
    lol i see what you mean what theme are those icons from? they are quite nice

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is there a way to change the SMS background image without Winterboard, and without going into the core art file?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jeezy45's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elusive1 View Post
    Is there a way to change the SMS background image without Winterboard, and without going into the core art file?
    There was a download in cydia called set SMS background/ desktop from what I remember but it does not work with os4. So u will most likely have to edit

iPhone? More like MyPhone ithug's Avatar
    Thanks

i went ahead and gather some images from iOS 4 these all go in bundles folder of your theme. enojoy

edit: in the zip i have my own personal folder icon, i add the stock folder icon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ithug; 07-09-2010 at 01:55 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ithug For This Useful Post:

flybritn (07-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, Read through ALL 14 pages Has anyone been able to locate where the signal, wifi, and how to get ride of % and the battery icon on the lockscreen?

I have read a lot of chat about them possible being in an artwork file... If so are they editable? if yes... on a PC/windows 7? I have done little recarch on artwork files but I know you have to unpack/edit/repack them but I have no idea how. and help pointing me in the right direction would be much aprichiated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips-img_0705.png   iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips-img_0706.png   iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips-img_0707.png   iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips-img_0709.png   iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips-img_0710.png  
    http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb92/sharksfan4carle18/iPhone/IMG_0705.png

Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ithug View Post
    i went ahead and gather some images from ios 4 these all go in bundles folder of your theme. Enojoy

edit: In the zip i have my own personal folder icon, i add the stock folder icon.
    thanks!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    alright so these next few images are all found in the usual springboard.app (/system/library/coreservices/springboard.app
    FolderIconBG- this is the folder icon... size = 59x62 pxl
    FolderDropBG- this is the image you see when you drag an icon onto a folder and it "lights up" size = 177x177 pxl
    FolderSwitcherBG- this is the image used to skin the inside of the folder size = 320x480 pxl
    IconDarkeningOverlay- this image is used to shadow icons when they are clicked on (you know to make it look like it sinks in) size = 58x62
    SwitcherIconShadow- erm not 100% on this atm but i believe its the icon shadow on the multitask dock (@LiB maybe youknow and can update this when you add it to the top) and its size = 59x60
    lol this is takin me ages because i dont have sbsettings or respringer so i keep having to reboot rather than a simple respring...
    WallpaperIconDockShadow AND WallpaperIconDockShadowT- iOS4 creates shadows behind icons (you can only really see them when you have an iBlank) these two images create the shadow for DOCK ICONS ONLY!!
    WallpaperIconShadow AND WallpaperIconShadowT- these two images are responsible for shadows created behind apps on springboard read below for more on these four images...
    ok so i was gna try and explain how these four images work but im having trouble with it atm because my wifi isnt working so i have to keep rebooting will update later on..

oh and we are pretty sure that the statusbar is now made with code (using a background shadow) because there is no image ANYWHERE!!!!

FolderNotchHighlight, FolderShadowBottom, FolderShadowNotch, FolderShadowTop- these four a kind of self explanatory, they give open folders shadowing and create the little notch bit. havnt found much to do with these atm but im sure some of the awesome themers in the community will be able to!
    FolderTitleEditField- this image creates the text input field when you are editing a folders name...
    GhostlyIconMask- UNKOWN
    JibblerBackground- i just found this image, dont know what it does atm size = 320x480[/COLOR]
    JibblerFadeLeft- again i have no idea does anyone know what the "jibbler" is???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

MCNext, MCPause, MCPlay, MCPrev..
    these images are for the ipod controls in the MTDock there. there are three images for EACH ONE, and are called >>MCNext, MCNext_d, MCNext_p
    there also black versions of these images, i dont know what they are for though. they are called PlayT, PauseT, NextT, NextOffT, PrevT, PrevOffT..
    RotationLockButton and RotationUnlockButton these two little beauties are the orient-lock buttons in the MTDock and i believe are very fun to theme =] (does anyone know where the statusbar orient lock icon is????)
    thats all i have atm theres LOADS i havnt covered but im gonna test some out to see exactly what they do first hope this helps you guys!!! looks like its gunna b fun themeing 4.0 =]
    Does anyone know any more of the images in springboard.app?
    Last edited by cornhobble; 07-09-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

That's cause you have to convert them to work on the computer just as you always have a quick google search will show you how.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone elses weatherwidget working? Uploading pics soon, I didn't change anything, just used the one from True HTC HD2 on iPhone 3g FW 4.0 Jailbroken, I for the last two days it didn't work but today i woke up unlocked my phone and bam there was the sun!

Thanks

Which weather widget you using? If I try to install Weathericon my touch just crashes to safemode every time. I miss my weather on my home screen...

EDIT:NM found it...
    Last edited by Fudsey; 07-10-2010 at 03:05 PM.
    Rule #32 Enjoy The Little Things ! ! !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now I resprung my phone through sbssettings, back to intializing weather. The method from before where they talk about embedding the Java actually in the html file will not work, or maybe the poseter needs to be a tad bit more specific on where you are placing the code, however I have attempted it to the best of my knowledge and it will not even load the widget period.

Thanks

I found that the only way I can see the weather widget is on the search screen if I am using the background from IOS4. If I use a background html file in my theme I can see it but it doesn't refresh the weather, always shows N/A

Still looking for WIFI bars and statusbar.....

Anybody have any luck??
    Last edited by Fudsey; 07-10-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farrow.zachary View Post
    Now I resprung my phone through sbssettings, back to intializing weather. The method from before where they talk about embedding the Java actually in the html file will not work, or maybe the poseter needs to be a tad bit more specific on where you are placing the code, however I have attempted it to the best of my knowledge and it will not even load the widget period.

Embedding the javascript will work. Check out this post..

Weather background not working on OS4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello I have a question
    I have iPhone 3g version 4.0 my phone is with out the function of backgrounds and multitasking now when i put some theme my status bar is black ins-ted of clear like in the lock screen but if i enabled the build in background option it become clear like in the lock screen any way to solve this Perhaps the status bar name is chanced in this version i tried winterborad option not work i tried theme from cydia that cleared that not work. i attached tow images to see what i am talking about.
    http://www.siz.co.il/my.php?i=zmiz5nwcqzwy.jpg
    http://www.siz.co.il/my.php?i=yljmzzbvdg0n.jpg
    thanks
    Last edited by iman12; 07-11-2010 at 04:42 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Looks like they have managed to open up the shared.artwork file, the wifi and signal strength bars are inside

[ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299033]Complete Stock 4.0 Theme - iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad forum - Multi-Touch Fans[/ame]

Can theme my status bar now

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickuk For This Useful Post:

ecd5000 (07-11-2010), Indy_chris (07-11-2010)

Thanks

Nice ! ! !

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Looks like they have managed to open up the shared.artwork file, the wifi and signal strength bars are inside

Complete Stock 4.0 Theme - iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad forum - Multi-Touch Fans

Can theme my status bar now
    how can you theme your status bar how does it call now and were should it need to be in the theme??
    i download the 4.0 Stock Theme form your link