Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 503

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [LEAKING] To those who find it acceptable...

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by liverman666 View Post
    I never understood why you parasites charge for themes anyway.

    As someone said in an earlier post it is a "hobby" not a business.

    Pisses me off to hear you all whining about so called "pirates".

    Release your themes for free (as this modding scene is supposedly all about), and you solve the problem.
    can't afford themes? cell your ipod or iphone and get a nokia with snake on it and you wont have to worry about paying for themes

  2. #82
    From the PM I have just received,it appears freedom of opinion is not welcome around here............

    Apparantly what I said above is "worthless" !! ;-)

    BTW how do I "cell" my iPhone?

  3. #83
    Master Theme Creator Maarten16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,456
    Thanks
    2,202
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Troll.

    People like you are the problem....if you think the "modding scene" is here only so you can get stuff for free....you are clueless.
    I noticed while browsing xsellize that there are ONLY people like him, even the mods (see quote TCCentex posted)
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maarten16 For This Useful Post:

    TCcentex (05-20-2010)

  5. #84
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,685
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by liverman666 View Post
    From the PM I have just received,it appears freedom of opinion is not welcome around here............

    Apparantly what I said above is "worthless" !! ;-)
    Yes it is.

    Your opinion is fine. But insulting other members will not be tolerated as part of our forums rules.

    As I already pointed out in your infraction.

  6. #85
    You called me a troll you ******* *****!!!???!!!

  7. #86
    Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,730
    Thanks
    3,203
    Thanked 13,264 Times in 3,570 Posts

    So a open word to piracy:

    Most themes that are sold are the work of WEEKS, this means some hundred hours !

    When this is done, you must daily support your theme, for my evolution os2, a theme that is nearly ready, i m asking questions, helping users, and making icons some hours a day !

    If you think, even if its a hobby, this is not worth 2 $ than you can kiss my ***. Most work that must be done is only for you, the users....

    So show your respect for this hard work, pass on the next fart app or burger and support your favorite theme.

    Thanks


  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

    Maarten16 (05-20-2010), s1l3nt (05-20-2010), TCcentex (05-20-2010)

  9. #87
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,780
    Thanks
    1,857
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 877 Posts

    I can't help but notice how crude and unprofessional you and people like you are liverman - in all the posts me, Maarten and everyone else on the "purchasing is ok" side expressed our opinions professionally while you have to resort to vulgarity to express your opinions. An by the way, the definition of a parasite is "an animal or plant that grows, feeds and is sheltered on or in another organism while contributing nothing to the survival of the host".... I would suggest that you sir are the parasite

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

    Maarten16 (05-20-2010), Ronge (05-21-2010), s1l3nt (05-20-2010)

  11. #88
    Master Theme Creator Maarten16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,456
    Thanks
    2,202
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

    Nice said!

    Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    I can't help but notice how crude and unprofessional you and people like you are liverman - in all the posts me, Maarten and everyone else on the "purchasing is ok" side expressed our opinions professionally while you have to resort to vulgarity to express your opinions. An by the way, the definition of a parasite is "an animal or plant that grows, feeds and is sheltered on or in another organism while contributing nothing to the survival of the host".... I would suggest that you sir are the parasite
    correction, a parasite owning a pc!
    :P

    but please people, stay ontopic. It's still now, but I know where this is going, so leave that poor guy alone..
    Last edited by Maarten16; 05-20-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maarten16 For This Useful Post:

    TCcentex (05-20-2010)

  13. #89
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,685
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by liverman666 View Post
    You called me a troll you ******* *****!!!???!!!
    Strike #2....out of 3.

  14. #90
    Master Theme Creator Maarten16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,456
    Thanks
    2,202
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

    btw, u guys convinced me, the chance now is bigger I'll grab Stroke again to work on it. we'll see
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

  15. #91
    Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    490
    Thanked 676 Times in 362 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maarten16 View Post
    btw, u guys convinced me, the chance now is bigger I'll grab Stroke again to work on it. we'll see
    yay, thnx maarten. i see our chat did help a bit

    good luck with the theme and future themes
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to EddieLeonard For This Useful Post:

    Maarten16 (05-20-2010)

  17. #92
    Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    3,712
    Thanks
    1,080
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

    wow I missed so much hahaha reading "Troll" made me literally laugh out loud.

  18. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by liverman666 View Post
    I never understood why you parasites charge for themes anyway.

    As someone said in an earlier post it is a "hobby" not a business.

    Pisses me off to hear you all whining about so called "pirates".

    Release your themes for free (as this modding scene is supposedly all about), and you solve the problem.

    Oh man Apple owes me some money. They called AppleTV a hobby and I got one. Modding scene is not about free stuff. If you get something designed for you do you get it for free? No because it takes time to make and design them. That is like the "Make me an app for .35 cents" thread a week or so ago statement.

  19. #94
    7 pages of pure butthurt

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    So a open word to piracy:

    Most themes that are sold are the work of WEEKS, this means some hundred hours !

    we spend about 1/4 of our lives in the bathroom.
    Last edited by lolcats1; 05-20-2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #95
    "The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,422
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

    Here is what I posted at Sinfuliphone (and now at xSellize) in regards to Inspired OS when it got leaked out a few months back:

    In regards to this theme being "pirated", I'm not stupid. I knew this was gonna happen, and I'm not gonna stand here and be a hypocrite and pretend I don't do "similar" actions in other scenes - although lately I've been trying to be more "honest" with my "purchases" thanks to an actual good job, lol. In about 12 minutes, I'll officially be 24... it wasn't that long ago that I was in high school, no bank account, no job, etc. I still managed to get "stuff". So if anything, you're helping promote the theme to those who would've been unable to get it.

    I just request that credit is given where it's due, and that's been done. If you guys ARE capable of purchasing the theme, then do so... if not, then it's really no biggie. I've been theming for nearly two years and would not even accept donations. Some people thought I was "crazy" for doing this, but I felt this was a hobby and I wanted to keep it that way and not make it into a "job"....

    But when I realized I would call in at work, request vacations, even skip college classes JUST to theme... I realized that theming was costing ME money, lol. I still love doing it. I was convinced it was my time to finally come out with a paid theme. My themes have always been innovators in the iPhone theme world... I felt it was time for me to put myself out there with a paid theme.

    I'm also part of other "scenes", so I know what you guys do here - but whenever we release something, we still encourage people to go out and purchase the product if they like it. I know a majority of them don't, but some do. Just do the same if you're willing.

    Again, I got no hate for this scene. It's a natural part of digital life ^_^.

    - Austin Bradley


    So yeah, I wish I can still release my theme's for free. But between school, and work... if I had to keep doing it for free, I would probably have stopped at iNitsua NeoStyle. The bar has been raised so high for themes now that the amount of work that goes into these things is really ridiculous.

    I was part of a lot of modding communities in the past... when I was a kid though. You know, when I didn't have responsibilities and just had to worry about easy a** high school classes (granted, they were AP classes, but still easy compared to what I'm going through now). That was also when I didn't have a full time job (on top of being a full time student, so a completely full schedule).

    So why don't I just stop theming? It's an escape from stress for me. But if I wasn't being compensated anything, it would end up being a stressor for me in the end. Theming is way I can make a LITTLE money, and do something I love. The LITTLE money justifies the huge amount of time I put into them (took me over 12 hours straight to do my animated lockscreen on iNitsua Z - Twilight NeoStyle).

    If you don't like paid themes, don't get them. There are PLENTY of free themes on Cydia... thousands, actually. Why bother stealing those "petty" paid themes? Are they really worth the trouble? I mean, if they aren't worth 1.99 or 2.99, then why are they worth your time?

    I'm just saying, ya know.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    7 pages of pure butthurt



    we spend about 1/4 of our lives in the bathroom.
    Sometimes I theme and use the bathroom at the same time. Lol. Multi-tasking, I guess. Haha!
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 05-20-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    #eli7e revived me

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

    lopbird33 (05-21-2010), Maarten16 (05-21-2010), TCcentex (05-20-2010)

  22. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    Agreed I just saw a couple really pointless themes that dot do anything on cydia as payed themes atleast do something with the theme if it's going to be payed haha I even saw just a dialer for half the price of most themes a diaper takes less than an hour or two to make depending on how detailed you make it
    I thought it was bad when Winterboarder, a few years ago, started selling button sets back when the Cydia Store first opened... but some of these new 'themes' sell for $0.99 or up to $2.99, and all they do is replace the dialer, or the lockscreen wallpaper (which you could do by going into the plain-Jane unjailbroken Settings app), or a few icons. There were also likes like Ace Sleek Cut, Dark Elegance, or a bunch of other themes by Tozza1000 which were basically anyone else's work but his own, mashed together into an ugly Frankentheme which he kept selling despite being told by Raptors and others that he'd ripped them off.

    And the worst part is, more and more of these asshats are selling these stolen themes rather than having even the (small) sense of decency to offer them for free and crediting the original creators. One theme I saw recently was a mashup of iComplete (IIRC) with a few other elements drawn from what appeared to be Elite with a slight recoloring. With these becoming the majority of themes, it's no wonder a lot of people are beginning to pirate, on top of the whole misconception that most people seem to have that the main reason to jailbreak is to pirate software from the App Store.

    I personally feel they're worse than the so-called sharers. Much worse - at least the 'leakers' aren't selling other people's work. You can tell this is a bit of an issue for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by liverman666 View Post
    You called me a troll you ******* *****!!!???!!!
    You're free to express your opinion. That means I'm equally free to call you an anecephalic fungus who shouldn't be throwing insults if he can't take them. You may not have to buy themes, but calling people who put hours of time into them when they could've just put that time into earning money instead 'parasites' is rather hypocritical since you're the one profiting off their work without paying for it.
    Last edited by Jarlath; 05-20-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Corrected grammar.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarlath For This Useful Post:

    k.nitsua (05-20-2010)

  24. #97
    Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    3,712
    Thanks
    1,080
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

    Yeah that is dumb the ones I hate the most are the ones that take someone else's work and sells it. Some of these people are just rude people who just want some money. Others may be people who think they are making a theme, but aren't. I'm glad I haven't seen any of my themes being sold by someone else but it is still annoying when someone leaks the theme and doesn't even give credit to the author.

    The thing is though that you do not have to be a genius to know a theme that is created from scratch, because the original theme is obviously the more popular one, thus it's not hard to come across it. I'm not sure what your argument is that people pirate because there are lots of paid themes out there that are just other people's work, or are just a dialer or lock screen? That argument wouldn't make any sense, because you do not have to buy those and themes that are complete you can tell are complete because the author lists everything, and shows screen shots. When it's just a dialer the author says it's a dialer so you can tell what is complete and what is not. Any way they are only pirating the themes that are complete, made from scratch, and took the author hours upon hours upon hours to create, so again the argument doesn't work.

    Not really sure if that was your argument hahah but your last section I agree haha

  25. #98
    santaf: It's more the attitude that these 'themes' foster - if most themes on the Cydia Store are either just wallpaper replacements or apparently stolen from other themes, then you haven't really gotten any 'value' out of the $0.99-2.99, so why pay for ANY theme when they're all crap (based on your experience of buying a bad theme)? Yes, we know Zausser and k.nitsua are good at it (at least some of us would), but the average Joe doesn't know any of the themers here from Tozza1000, velind, or some other bastard whose name escapes me but who kept reissuing iGlassSol or other icon themes stolen from Macthemes.net (and I think he stole Stickers as well), who flood the Cydia Store with their junk?

    The more 'debased' the market gets, the fewer reasons you may end up have to buy a theme if you don't know anyone involved in theming... especially since, if you buy a theme from one of these hack-and-paste themers, you got ripped off? Or if the themer promises support (there are a few themes I've bought with the promise of weekly, or biweekly updates) only to vanish from the face of the Earth or they move on immediately to their 'next' theme without even any updates from contributors on the original thread, and the theme's half-done?

    As for the original theme being the more popular? Not always - especially when you start off with the hack-job and think that the original is the ripoff, and therefore not worth the money. Besides which, most of the descriptions of the bought themes these days promise a 'theme' but only deliver a wallpaper (which is kinda hard to miss when you're paying $2.00 for a 44-100kb download).

  26. #99
    Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    3,712
    Thanks
    1,080
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

    Except it's not the average joe who is going to places like the x-website and the sin one to download themes that are popular and all of which are actually made from scratch so again that doesn't make sense that because others are stealing from other themers or creating really small themes and selling them for 2 bucks , that people would start to pirate the themes, because they are only pirating the themes actually worth the money. Yes there are those people who do not understand download size, and what not but I would say the majority knows what themes are popular out there especially if they have ever been to modmyi since all that gets talked about are the themes that are worth the money, or themes that are actually free.

    And screenshots if it is a complete theme that is worth the money there will be a bunch of screenshots that proves it instead of just one screen shot

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

    TCcentex (05-20-2010)

  28. #100
    "The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,422
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlath View Post
    santaf: It's more the attitude that these 'themes' foster - if most themes on the Cydia Store are either just wallpaper replacements or apparently stolen from other themes, then you haven't really gotten any 'value' out of the $0.99-2.99, so why pay for ANY theme when they're all crap (based on your experience of buying a bad theme)? Yes, we know Zausser and k.nitsua are good at it (at least some of us would), but the average Joe doesn't know any of the themers here from Tozza1000, velind, or some other bastard whose name escapes me but who kept reissuing iGlassSol or other icon themes stolen from Macthemes.net (and I think he stole Stickers as well), who flood the Cydia Store with their junk?

    The more 'debased' the market gets, the fewer reasons you may end up have to buy a theme if you don't know anyone involved in theming... especially since, if you buy a theme from one of these hack-and-paste themers, you got ripped off? Or if the themer promises support (there are a few themes I've bought with the promise of weekly, or biweekly updates) only to vanish from the face of the Earth or they move on immediately to their 'next' theme without even any updates from contributors on the original thread, and the theme's half-done?

    As for the original theme being the more popular? Not always - especially when you start off with the hack-job and think that the original is the ripoff, and therefore not worth the money. Besides which, most of the descriptions of the bought themes these days promise a 'theme' but only deliver a wallpaper (which is kinda hard to miss when you're paying $2.00 for a 44-100kb download).
    I agree. I first thought paid themes were ghey. So much crap out there.

    It's really hard to distinguish yourself from other themes. A majority of theme downloaders go on YouTube to search for themes.

    Featured Themes on both Cydia and Rock have been helpful... but in the end, what decides what a featured theme is.

    It's an uphill battle. I just point people to MMi for theme information. MMi has helped with their spotlight on themes they've been having recently and Cody told me he's working on putting a theme section right on the front page of MMi. Not sure if that's still in the works, but it would be cool and helpful.

    Anyways, can't focus on this leaking and such... need to finish these themes! lol!
    #eli7e revived me

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •