+ Reply
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [LEAKING] To those who find it acceptable...

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I just need to think on it. Thanks Bars. When I hear your name the same goes for you. I try to deal with it. It's not so much it
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,618 Times in 4,065 Posts

I just need to think on it. Thanks Bars. When I hear your name the same goes for you. I try to deal with it. It's not so much it being leaked to a site. I at least would like credit given and they do in the end. As for allowing these pirated themes to use Cydias pipe line like Bars says is a mystery to me.

I'm going to be active here at MMI as I've been a member since 2007. The early days trying to Learne how to theme a phone. Lol.
    I made a ton of good friends here and I won't let that go. I'll see what the future holds but for the short term I'll be supporting my themes and the others here at MMI. I got your back!

Thanks

nice post relentless, its sad that stuff like this goes on. To all theme creators, first I'd like to say thanks for all your hard work that makes my phone look so good I hope all of you can understand that there will always be piracy and that when you leave because of it your only hurting the ones that truly support you. Most of the people that download these pirated themes don't really appreciate them the way we do, they just install and move on to the next one when its posted. Bars brings up a good point about saurik i'm sure he doesn't like to see his stuff get pirated thru his own creation but he sees the bigger picture, if he tells us what repos we can install and which ones we can't then he's no different than apple telling us what we can and can't do with our phones. Piracy has and will continue to be a problem but there are also a lot of us that will support you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jedi5o5 For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (05-19-2010)

Thanks

Man, that really sucks. I pay, and will continue to pay for these themes....is it piracy if my wife gets a copy of my themes?! like someone said earlier, the small amount we have to pay for these themes, is way too small for the work we get in return.

Oh and BTW...Bars, you better not go any damn where, your themes are my favorite!!
    Last edited by Chuck1969; 05-19-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,378 Posts

Well this is really a shame to lose such talented people to such scum. I have chatted with Bars a few times about this and had kept a list of sites and losers that were doing this, I even posted on there sites to let em know what punks they are. Bars I think has the best approach though which is to do your best to ignore them and give NO publicity to there actions. I also agree the most baffling aspect to all this is how cydia and rock allow these hacks to upload there stolen goods to there repos?? It shows on Cydia that Elite GT and others are sponsored themes yet somehow pirated versions are allowed to be uploaded, total hypocrisy which makes no sense to me. The themers and support on this site from people like Bars, K.Nitsua, Zausser, SantaF,TC and so many others is why I keep coming back and I just hope they can persevere and stick with it, it would be a shame to let the hacks chase you away......just my thoughts for what its worth........

"We are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves"
    Gone Baby Gone

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bostonguy3737 For This Useful Post:

Maarten16 (05-19-2010), santaf (05-19-2010), TCcentex (05-19-2010)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Stuck.

Please keep the thread on the positive side (as it has been)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Showstopper1969 View Post
    ....is it piracy if my wife gets a copy of my themes?!
    i think your covered by your vows...what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine...i mean yours

Thanks
    Thanked 25,618 Times in 4,065 Posts

One theme per household. Lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me s1l3nt's Avatar
    Thanks

have to blame xsellize after eight os been leaked people from xsellize came here to rant and after that someone was trying to post up links of the beta here free like idiots

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi5o5 View Post
    i think your covered by your vows...what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine...i mean yours
    HAHAHA I like the first saying more :P though definitely too young to mary still haha.

Thanks

Whew!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

nicely written up.

i agree definately gettin out of hand

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Personally, what pisses me off are the people who pirate free (or paid) themes, add some graphics stolen from someone ELSE'S theme (without giving credit), then try to sell them on Rock or Cydia, more than the people who simply 'share' them.

Of course, Z-Twilight stayed unpirated until it hit Cydia... which said something about the initial batch of beta-testers, if not the ones who showed up for Seven OS or Twilight NeoStyle.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

this does absolutely nothing but bring awareness that the themes have been leaked. Pirating paid apps and paid themes is inevitable. dont get me wrong, i support my mmi themers (recently purchased eightOS and a couple of others).

Thanks
    Thanked 9,119 Times in 2,708 Posts

Z, Marteen, Nando, Austin, let's not forget Rob (Bars), Jay (Truck), Reeco, ToyV, Raptors, Blue et al themers, my hats off to you for what you do and many more of "us paying patrons" appreciate your labor of love, know this without a doubt. I am not the "voice of the people" or anything like this but I do know that many more of us will continue supporting your efforts as long as you're willing to continue. Personally, I feel a sense of pride in buying from you masters, knowing I didn't steal or cheat anyone, much less for what we donate for a theme. Not sure what the word is for someone who steals $3 or so from another, but lowlife rolls very easily off my tongue. Anyways, that's my 2 pennies.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

Maarten16 (05-20-2010), santaf (05-19-2010), TCcentex (05-19-2010)

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Z, Marteen, Nando, Austin, let's not forget Rob (Bars), Jay (Truck), Reeco, ToyV, Raptors, Blue et al themers, my hats off to you for what you do and many more of "us paying patrons" appreciate your labor of love, know this without a doubt. I am not the "voice of the people" or anything like this but I do know that many more of us will continue supporting your efforts as long as you're willing to continue. Personally, I feel a sense of pride in buying from you masters, knowing I didn't steal or cheat anyone, much less for what we donate for a theme. Not sure what the word is for someone who steals $3 or so from another, but lowlife rolls very easily off my tongue. Anyways, that's my 2 pennies.
    Thanks man and we all are very happy that there are people like you guys out there I'm not a master yet though haha though i hope to get there :P

Thanks

At least beyouriphone is gone with but those others like xsellize really piss me off. Its pretty obvious too that the people that do this stuff wouldnt dare take something in real life but their just a bunch of cheap low life jerks who dont care for any one elses hard work. There needs to be something done.... maybe even a dealing with saurik to actually get rid of the cydia sources instead of just giving some stupid warning. Its really hurting not only the developers and themers but jailbreaks as a whole. Its these pirates that is the reason that apple doesnt let this stuff.
    [fixed post]
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 05-19-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

I am sorry but as a staff point please stay away from associating or plotting an attack on another site with MMi's name. This means organizing it on here. You may do it elsewhere but I think the owners would want the site to take a step away from attacking another site with it's name.

I am just mentioning. We are doing what we can as for the users that are leaking it from here but not sure about an attack.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (05-19-2010)

Thanks

^sorry bout that I just fixed my post.. it just pisses me off. sorry again

interesting though your one of the first mods that actually choose to have the title moderator and not something like battlecrushr and his "chuck-tastic"ness lol
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 05-19-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Very understandable. We are angry too because it is causing us to lose great themers that have been beyond wonderful to the MMi community.

Sometimes the custom title can be bait though. Users pick fights with a mod without them knowing it is a mod or not relizing that the red is Mod. I don't mind plain title. Battle got his title before he became mod.
    Last edited by Cer0; 05-19-2010 at 08:05 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (05-19-2010)

Thanks

oh really? howd battlecrushr obtain that title lol?