+ Reply
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 503

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [LEAKING] To those who find it acceptable...

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by flybritn BTW TCcentex I realy love your ifusion my friend and co admin on out page did a review of it very good work. thanks so much
...
  1. #301
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,775
    Thanks
    1,857
    Thanked 1,969 Times in 875 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by flybritn View Post
    BTW TCcentex I realy love your ifusion my friend and co admin on out page did a review of it very good work.
    thanks so much my friend - the check is in the mail

    welcome to MMi by the way -- Keep an eye out on this fella guys -- he's got skills... Check out Aurora Red, Tribal Gold and Blue Steel -- these are all free themes Fly recently released on Cydia and his presence here at MMi is long overdue...
    Last edited by TCcentex; 05-28-2010 at 03:19 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

    flybritn (05-29-2010)

  3. #302
    CHUCK-TASTIC battlecrushr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houston follow @al_da_beast
    Posts
    7,940
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    So if don't want to pay for our themes... why don't you just pirate them like you do for everything else?

    I mean, you aren't going to go to the record label companies and tell them to go "free" or to movie production companies and say "hey buddy, I'm tired of spending money, if you guys like making movies, then you should do it for free".

    I do have a real job, and I'm a full time student. I've made free themes for a VERY long time, and when my job wasn't so overbearing and my college life was pretty simple - it was a nice escape.

    It's different now, my job is very arduous and I'm a pre-med student about to enter the RN program. I can quit theming without much remorse right now, but its safe to say a majority of this community would rather me not. So I ask people to purchase my work. God, you act like we make a sh*tload of money, because we don't. And you act like 1.99 or whatever is a lot. 30% of our revenue goes to the Cydia and Rock Stores anyways. Our "hobby" helps the jailbreak community.

    And you know what, I DID offer a $0 donation option... guess what, I was lucky to get $10 bucks a month... and I'm pretty sure you weren't one of those people.

    It's been said several times in this thread, the cost of the theme is mainly the support. I answer well over 50 emails a day just about themes and then I check these threads here on MMi and on other sites, including those pirates sites because I have recently been getting donators from there, even though they have the option to just pirate the damn thing.

    Look man, conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines. When you make something that could remotely be conceived as conducive or time-consuming as what we do and then release it for free, then we will be having a different conversation. But if you're just gonna be a whining brat who can't spare a buck or so because mommy doesn't give you enough of an allowance or you are just downright THAT cheap, then bug off.

    Go on some piracy sites and steal our sh*t. Rest of the pirates don't come in here and say "I got your sh*t!" now do they. No. Just do whatever it is you do and leave your narrow-minded liberal intellect for those other sites and stop coming into this thread and making everyone who works their a$ off so that we don't have to look at that ugly stock UI and actual find more use out of the damn thing that we stare at for a sizable amount of the day appear to be nothing but hungry money grabbers.

    If a prostitute can ask for some money for the blowjob she just gave, then I can ask for money for the days of work I put into my themes. Work is work. You want to do something for free, go to a soup kitchen, travel to Haiti and help out. I've done plenty of humanitarian work in the Philippines and intend to join Doctors Without Borders after I'm done with med school. WTF have you done?

    Seriously man, I usually don't lose my cool but I think everyone can agree with me on this one...

    STFU and GTFO.
    ur one hundred percent right and have evry right to be mad

    Quote Originally Posted by hudsontripod View Post
    I was under the impression that this is a discussion forum for people to discuss certain things. I never attacked anyone and did nothing more than state my point of view. Obviously, Nitsua, you have a problem with anyone who doesn't adhere exactly to your point of view. You lost your cool because I make sense and you don't like it. You lost your cool because you can't have it your way and just maybe I'm right. Yeah, you make some nice themes but that doesn't give you the right to attack members of this forum. I will not STFU or GTFO. I am giving you feedback on a pay per theme system that isn't ideal for anyone. I'm giving you my perspective. I don't need to go to a pirate site to download cracked themes, any user can download them right from Cydia for free. You can get any of yours or bar's or anyone's themes free off of Cydia.

    I think that you would be better off welcoming outside opinions rather than attacking them...because it makes you look greedy and out of touch with the jailbreak community. And fyi, I'm not the one whining. I'm perfectly content to leave the current system as it is. However you might want to consider that some changes need to be made on your part if you want to get the user to throw you a few more bones. By the way, I never claimed to have pirated any theme, regardless of the accusations. But if the system needs work then it needs to be discussed, and all opinions need to be valued if change is going to be effective.
    just leave.......




    Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

    flybritn (05-29-2010), k.nitsua (05-28-2010)

  5. #303
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    I was just over at xsellize reading a couple of Nitsua's posts. He actually admitted pirating other non-theme related material, torrents, etc. and admitted that piracy helps promote themes. Singing a much different tune over there than he's been singing on this forum. Hypocrisy anyone? Anyway, you'll notice that Nitsua's tone and approach over at xsellize was received well as he found the willingness to compromise. Time to compromise folks.

  6. #304
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kph12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    561
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 130 Times in 102 Posts

    ^^^I really wish my hand could come through the computer right now and slap you silly. Dude just drop it. As battlecrushr said: Just Leave!

  7. #305
    "The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,422
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

    I've preached the same way here and got a lot of themers to see the piracy problem isn't as big as we thought it was but still needs to be addressed. My approach is not looking at the what and how but why, and addressing that.

    I'm already burned out from this debate. I just didn't want you to get the last word if it's going to be one that misconstrues the truth.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 05-28-2010 at 05:28 PM.
    #eli7e revived me

  8. #306
    "iDoThis" barsoverbeats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,346
    Thanks
    5,645
    Thanked 19,332 Times in 4,905 Posts

    /keeping my mouth shut ... back to "work"

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

    k.nitsua (05-28-2010)

  10. #307
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,233
    Thanks
    3,651
    Thanked 9,513 Times in 5,840 Posts

    Following closely, great debate, I guess, but just not sure what half of this has to do with leaking themes and pirating.
    It has been entertaining for sure.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

    k.nitsua (05-28-2010)

  12. #308
    "The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,422
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

    For the sake of open forum, here's the post that what's his face was referring to from xSellize:

    Quote Originally Posted by K.Nitsua from xSellize
    I thought I'd just give my two cents:

    This was quoted from a post I made at SinfuliPhone when Inspired OS got leaked, so its a couple of months old, but it still holds true:

    In regards to this theme being "pirated", I'm not stupid. I knew this was gonna happen, and I'm not gonna stand here and be a hypocrite and pretend I don't do "similar" actions in other scenes - although lately I've been trying to be more "honest" with my "purchases" thanks to an actual good job, lol. In about 12 minutes, I'll officially be 24... it wasn't that long ago that I was in high school, no bank account, no job, etc. I still managed to get "stuff". So if anything, you're helping promote the theme to those who would've been unable to get it.

    I just request that credit is given where it's due, and that's been done. If you guys ARE capable of purchasing the theme, then do so... if not, then it's really no biggie. I've been theming for nearly two years and would not even accept donations. Some people thought I was "crazy" for doing this, but I felt this was a hobby and I wanted to keep it that way and not make it into a "job"....

    But when I realized I would call in at work, request vacations, even skip college classes JUST to theme... I realized that theming was costing ME money, lol. I still love doing it. I was convinced it was my time to finally come out with a paid theme. My themes have always been innovators in the iPhone theme world... I felt it was time for me to put myself out there with a paid theme.

    I'm also part of other "scenes", so I know what you guys do here - but whenever we release something, we still encourage people to go out and purchase the product if they like it. I know a majority of them don't, but some do. Just do the same if you're willing.

    Again, I got no hate for this scene. It's a natural part of digital life ^_^.

    - Austin Bradley


    In summary...

    - Please give credit where its due (and don't say you're "sharing" it, man up and say you stole it).
    - Please link users to the official thread for our themes so they can see all the work that went into it.
    - Please encourage users to donate or purchase the theme if they like it. Pirates do this all the time for movies and such... "If you like the movie, go support the creators and purchase it", etc.
    - If you use our themes, and like it, and are capable of making a simple donation or purchase of 1.99 or so, then do it. It's not hard. Really, what were you going to use the 1.99 for? 2 liter of Mountain Dew? Box of condoms? Just donate so that I have an incentive to spend restless nights and not thinking I'm doing it because I've gone mad.
    - If you can't purchase the theme for whatever reason, show the theme to others and encourage them to do so. I literally jailbroke 5 iPhones and had them all download my theme once when I went into the AT&T store... and they were AT&T employees! Lol! Btw, I used iDongle to jailbreak their devices. It's a nifty little gadget for jailbreaking on the go.

    Also, as far as the comments about themers making money off "other people's stuff". Don't blanket this to all themes.

    - All images used in my paid themes are royalty-free images that were paid for by either Z or myself, or are free to use with expressed permission by its author.
    - My widgets were made almost entirely from scratch, most widgets used in themes these days were based off my stuff.
    - WinterBoard was made by Jay Saurik. Most paid themes are on Cydia, where Jay gets 30% of the profit. Trust me, he's perfectly fine with us using WinterBoard and making profit of it.

    If I could get back and create themes for free like I had with iNitsua, iNSPIRED, iNitsua NeoStyle, etc. then I would. The bar has been raised so high for themes now (SORRY! >_<!) that its practically impossible to do this stuff for free without suffering a lot of opportunity costs.

    And honestly, the money I've made off my themes have just went into my iPhone addiction - paying for apps, cases, accessories. Only recently has it went to purchasing textbooks and such for my classes.

    So yeah, got no hate. Just do right where you can.

    - Austin Bradley (K.Nitsua)
    I stand by what I said. It's not a perfect system, I know. I don't want my themes to be pirated either. But it is what it is, so I gotta look at the bright side of things.

    Upon posting this, xSellize has somewhat changed their view. They are preaching more "try then buy" type of atmosphere. Does this mean they are going to stop pirating? No. Does this mean I should stop theming? No. We do what we do.

    Also, after posting this, I've received several donations from xSellize users... and they aren't even asking for betas. They donated because they appreciate my work and appreciated what I said, and for that I'm grateful.

    My problem with you isn't your view of piracy, it's your pressing view of what WE do. Now, you can have whatever view that you want. You want the whole world to just be a burning man community, then fine by me. But don't come in here and flat out say what we are themers do are wrong. It was HOW you went about that urked me.

    I don't want other themers to feel the slight bit inadequate or "greedy" just because they are charging for their themes. They SHOULD if they felt their themes are worth it. Since themes BECAME paid, a lot of users have suggested to me that I charge for my themes... some even went to the extent to say they would pay 10-20 USD for my themes. At the time, I felt that my themes just weren't worth being paid-for themes, and for the most part I was correct. I didn't even accept donations and refused donations for quite some time - even returning donations. I don't lie. People can vouch that I did that...

    I sat down and thought to myself, what could I make that would actually be WORTH something, WORTH buying. I looked at other good examples of paid themes and bad examples as well...

    Now that I'm doing that, you really want to come in here, act the way you do, and pretend that you have the right say?! I agree, the system is flawed. There needs to be some sort of regulation. But don't put us themers down just because we want compensation for our HARD HARD work. And trust me, it's hard.

    You want us to listen to your part and what you have to say, and I do. But have you answered ANY of my questions?

    - Have you ever purchased a theme?
    - Have you ever donated for a theme?
    - What have you BOUGHT on the Cydia/Rock Store that you felt was worth it?
    - What have you BOUGHT on the Cydia/Rock Store that you felt wasn't worth it?

    Get your head out of your a** and listen to US for a bit, m'kay? I get your point, you've repeated the same crap over and over again. Now you want this debate to get somewhere? Ever heard of a rebuttal? Google it.
    #eli7e revived me

  13. #309
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    - Have you ever purchased a theme?
    - Have you ever donated for a theme?
    - What have you BOUGHT on the Cydia/Rock Store that you felt was worth it?
    - What have you BOUGHT on the Cydia/Rock Store that you felt wasn't worth it?
    1. Yes, I purchased iElegance a year ago. I also purchased bar's GT and 24k themes. Top notch work. I also plan on buying Seven OS soon.
    2. see #1, Also, I've donated more than once to Geohot and the devteam.
    3. Purchasing Orbit and Multiflow is the best money I ever spent.
    4.I purchased Wi-fi sync two days ago when he released Windows compatibility. I think it's a bit overpriced because it doesn't restore or update and a couple other issues.

  14. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Posts
    2,651
    Thanks
    559
    Thanked 2,938 Times in 1,095 Posts

    just listen to me, im always right. in fact just make all other users read-only access.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

    barsoverbeats (05-28-2010), k.nitsua (05-28-2010)

  16. #311
    "The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,422
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    just listen to me, im always right. in fact just make all other users read-only access.
    lmao!
    #eli7e revived me

  17. #312
    "iDoThis" barsoverbeats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,346
    Thanks
    5,645
    Thanked 19,332 Times in 4,905 Posts

    ...

  18. #313
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,984
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    ...
    Should I infract you for this?

    (I kid)

    Didn't xsell do that to a theme creator for the "....."?

  19. #314
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,775
    Thanks
    1,857
    Thanked 1,969 Times in 875 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Should I infract you for this?

    (I kid)

    Didn't xsell do that to a theme creator for the "....."?
    PM i received from a mod at xsellize:


    JimboHurt
    Moderator

    Group: Moderators
    Posts: 1296
    Joined: 14-January 10
    Sent 20 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

    You have been given an infraction and are now being watched for your double posts with nothing but "..."

    I understand you don't agree with our themeing policies, but that doesn't constitute blatant disrespect and spamming. The more mature and encouraged way of complaing would be to PM an admin.

    Thank you



  20. #315
    CHUCK-TASTIC battlecrushr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houston follow @al_da_beast
    Posts
    7,940
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

    Lmao

  21. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Posts
    2,651
    Thanks
    559
    Thanked 2,938 Times in 1,095 Posts

    well since you brought it up, here is a message i get when trying to log in at some site that really must like macaroni since they named a whole citi after it

    You have been banned forever, again.
    Date ban will be lifted: never, ever.
    Reason for ban: Humor, having a sense of.
    -Pineapple

    paraphrasing a little
    Last edited by floppy_joe; 05-28-2010 at 10:46 PM.

  22. #317
    Master Theme Creator flybritn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,610
    Thanks
    2,372
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 875 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    thanks so much my friend - the check is in the mail

    welcome to MMi by the way -- Keep an eye out on this fella guys -- he's got skills... Check out Aurora Red, Tribal Gold and Blue Steel -- these are all free themes Fly recently released on Cydia and his presence here at MMi is long overdue...
    Thanks TC I'm glad to be here. I am nothing at themeing compaered to the amazing themers on here hopefully one day when I grow up i can be

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to flybritn For This Useful Post:

    TCcentex (05-29-2010)

  24. #318
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thetjshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 304 Times in 272 Posts

    ouu.. a storm is brewing..


  25. #319

  26. #320
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    been browsing these forums for quite some time to get pointers on creating my own unique theme.. but only joined because of this post


    am i the only person here who sees the irony in people complaining about theme piracy when the whole reason they're able to create and use them is as a result of jailbreaking apple's software?


    double standards.. they're delicious =]

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to ubernewb For This Useful Post:

    floppy_joe (05-29-2010)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts