+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [WIP] Mag?c

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Sorry that I haven't been able to update this thread recently. I haven't really had much time to work on the theme, but have worked a little on the loading
    iPhone? More like MyPhone 1PM@N!O's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry that I haven't been able to update this thread recently. I haven't really had much time to work on the theme, but have worked a little on the loading screens. Here's a little preview:

I think I actually have improved on it since I saved this image. More updates coming soon, or at least when I finally get the time to do so.

Here is what the loading screens are most likely going to end up looking like:

Tell me what you think.

Looks like I might have an orange mod eventually:
    Last edited by 1PM@N!O; 05-11-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1PM@N!O For This Useful Post:

metaserph (05-10-2010), Rocky34 (05-12-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kph12's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude the loading screens are awesome! One suggestion though:maybe make the "?" slightly smaller and the pic of the application(calculator,etc.) slightly smaller?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kph12 For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-12-2010)

Thanks

Thanks for the positive comments. I guess you do make a good point about making the app part bigger. I might try that out, but unless there is major improvement i probably wont jeep it just because ive already gotten most of the loading screens done.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1PM@N!O View Post
    Sorry that I haven't been able to update this thread recently. I haven't really had much time to work on the theme, but have worked a little on the loading screens. Here's a little preview:

[IMG]

I think I actually have improved on it since I saved this image. More updates coming soon, or at least when I finally get the time to do so.

Here is what the loading screens are most likely going to end up looking like:

[IMG]

Tell me what you think.

Looks like I might have an orange mod eventually:

[IMG]
    Hi IPM@N!O,

what a pleasure sharing your workshop!

The orange background looks great, even if I would regret the blue and purple tints... 2 versions ?
    (or 3, another one in blue-turquoise-emerald ^^ oh stop it said the visitor to himself)

I still think that the top of the dock should be less important, maybe just a fizzle... there is no reason to make it the main elememt in the page (cut in two), and to my eyes the generally square caracter of the icons should be underlined by these randomly looking sparkle curves in the sky, and not repeated with another square.
    Maybe rather giving the dock itself a light-effect if you feel like distinguishing it from the upper part. A fade, a milky way ?

I really fancy the loading screens.
    Except the first image's background structure variant: The original one gives this perspective impression making wonder what's on the other end - I even thought how it would look if the image-stamps were LYING in it (trapeze-shaped to follow the perspective mouvement) with the ? standing in front.

I would not agree with kph12 making the ? less important. It IS important! As to make the images smaller would be a pity... they are so interesting to look at (better: inside) that I imagine yet regretting the app to be loaded !!
    Last edited by Rocky34; 05-12-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Couldn't load preview

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky34 For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-12-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

sweet theme, I tell you what would be cool if the background was animated like the wallpaper...I'm pretter sure I seen the animated version of the wallpaper somewhere. cool theme though
    "R-R"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rcooley617 For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-13-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

What do you make animated wallpaper with ?

Sorry IPM@N!O,
    I hadn't read that you had finished the loading screens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcooley617 View Post
    sweet theme, I tell you what would be cool if the background was animated like the wallpaper...I'm pretter sure I seen the animated version of the wallpaper somewhere. cool theme though
    Sorry, but I'm not the person to do any animations.

If someone else wants to make an animated wallpaper, feel free to do so and I will use and credit you if I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky34 View Post
    Hi IPM@N!O,

what a pleasure sharing your workshop!

The orange background looks great, even if I would regret the blue and purple tints... 2 versions ?
    (or 3, another one in blue-turquoise-emerald ^^ oh stop it said the visitor to himself)

I still think that the top of the dock should be less important, maybe just a fizzle... there is no reason to make it the main elememt in the page (cut in two), and to my eyes the generally square caracter of the icons should be underlined by these randomly looking sparkle curves in the sky, and not repeated with another square.
    Maybe rather giving the dock itself a light-effect if you feel like distinguishing it from the upper part. A fade, a milky way ?

Except the first image's background structure variant: The original one gives this perspective impression making wonder what's on the other end - I even thought how it would look if the image-stamps were LYING in it (trapeze-shaped to follow the perspective mouvement) with the ? standing in front.

I would not agree with kph12 making the ? less important. It IS important! As to make the images smaller would be a pity... they are so interesting to look at (better: inside) that I imagine yet regretting the app to be loaded !!
    Thanks a lot for all these comments. Yes there probably will be two versions. I will attach a little preview of the orange springboard later.

Sorry but I don't really understand what your saying in this part. I feel stupid:

Here's a quick draft of the theme in orange. The yellow part of the wallpaper is too bright in my opinion, so I will be reducing that later.

I am aware that there are still purple elements in the screenshots. I have not changed all the elements yet to orange.
    Last edited by 1PM@N!O; 05-13-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Would like to see this in my hands!

Thanks

I think I finally got a name!

What do you guys think about:
    Mag?c

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1PM@N!O For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (05-13-2010), Spenny (05-13-2010)

Thanks

looking awesome. Clever name its perfect! simple but says it all

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-13-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Mag?c sounds AMAZING!!!
    So I prison break my phone and use Chlamydia to install un-padlocked applications, then I somehow use a Snowboard to change the way my African Safari looks?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Spenny For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-13-2010)

Thanks

That's exactly what I was thinking when spenny at xsellize recommended the name.

Lol he has the same username as you. When I first saw you posted a message I thought you were the same person.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kph12's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure if it's just me, but the ? on the lockscreen seems slightly irregular...
    Looks awesome though!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kph12 View Post
    Not sure if it's just me, but the ? on the lockscreen seems slightly irregular...
    Looks awesome though!
    I think its just you because I don't see anything irregular.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,663 Times in 5,929 Posts

Know you need to change the link in your signature too since the theme title has changed.

Still lovin' the purple, it's a girl ting I guess.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

what I was saying was that the wallpaper you got they have it as an gif. All you have to do is make it a mp4 and you would have an animated wallpaper. but that was just an idea that I thought would look hella nice w/ this theme b/c of the icons
    "R-R"

Thanks

I know what ur talking about withthe animations an i do agree that it would look really nice, but im not going to be able to animate it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1PM@N!O View Post
    Sorry but I don't really understand what your saying in this part. I feel stupid:

Here's a quick draft of the theme in orange. The yellow part of the wallpaper is too bright in my opinion, so I will be reducing that later.

I am aware that there are still purple elements in the screenshots. I have not changed all the elements yet to orange.
    No, it's me !

(Maybe my left-handed kind of visualization is not obvious to get, or my rather basic English, I do what I can.)

I imagine this background being a rather horizontal surface, fading in the dark (with these shades on the top sides), like a bridge or a jetty I walk on, without knowing what's on the other end... and these eyes to another world flat in the "planches", giving another dimension to the views of the .app designs. (Dunno if it works.)

Can you see what I mean ?

You found the name !!
    Mag?c !
    That's what we get, and it's easy to remember.

Nice, the orange variant, and even the purple doesn't bother much, by the way ^^

If it was my lockscreen, I would give it a try WITH the shades, and turning the UILCDBackground.png upside-down to reinforce this mystical impression to advance towards something unknown.
    Text of the (beautiful!)unlock: Mag?cal journey, slide to Mag?c, kind of ? Maybe it's too much, I just don't like "slide to unlock", normally I hide it but the writing looks good here.
    Last edited by Rocky34; 05-14-2010 at 03:17 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

are the icons masked? or are those all cstom

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The orange green picture, You can use it for lockscreen. And if it's possible to use bottom line as slider without any text on it, will be clean and cool.