+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [WIP] Mag?c

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Hi IPM@N!O ! (thanks for the link ) I write from the iPhone quickly : First impression of your springboard variant : The icons come out very nice, haven't looked
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi IPM@N!O !
    (thanks for the link )
    I write from the iPhone quickly :

First impression of your springboard variant :
    The icons come out very nice, haven't looked at the details yet.
    The dock top is a bit "noisy" to my taste, regarding every day's use, and it kills this marvellous dreamy background sketch from which you started.
    I rather fancied the previous idea.
    I like the idea of a less purple/more blueish tint for the background, test it, without touching at the fluo-shine.
    Out of a dream should be the impression. (Mine, sorry!!)

The lockscreen? Yes, with the perspective in smooth grey. Maybe even work the perspective on the ? (whatever it will be).
    Depression for the unlock part could be nice. Stay sober as is !
    Photoshoping is terrific ! :-P

See you then.

Edit : * fluo shine of the icons.
    put the icon label color to "michel", give it a try ^^
    Last edited by Rocky34; 05-05-2010 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky34 For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-05-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone 1PM@N!O's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you everyone for all the great recommendations!

Here is the lockscreen I'm working on and an update to the springboard:

On the springboard I have reduced the size of the line above the dock to lower the effect (I'm thinking that I might still make it a tad smaller). I have also made the background for the status bar black (it doesn't look much different on the springboard, but you can feel the difference when your in an app. I've also added badges with pretty close to the same style as the icons.

The only thing I've done on the lockscreen is added a thing for the slider to slide in. I still haven't made a slider.

Keep the recommendations coming.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

Nice!
    But why the question mark?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten16 View Post
    Nice!
    But why the question mark?
    Well... for now that's kinda the theme/logo of the theme. I made the theme with the intention of being Mysterious and Mystical.

If you look at the icons, they all have two ?'s on them.

Thanks

Oh, ok. I didn't even noticed! Now I see! Great!

Thanks
    Thanked 25,618 Times in 4,065 Posts

Looks good but IMO the bevels are to large. If you reduce the bevel it'll make for a cleaner look. I like the colors. Also agree with blkcadi as to the hot spot above the dock. Keep it up!

Thanks

^ you got a point there! A really good one! Like K said on my thread before, bevels are dangerous. In my words then :P
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks

I guess I kind of do overdo the bevels. .

I'll see what I can do.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

hey 1pm here in this styles for photoshop i think there is one that might look cool for your theme just double click it it will load in photoshop so jsut open up layer styles and go to styles/ it will be at the bottom of the list if it's not it's a purple like one so you'll see it

purplecraze.asl.zip

11. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-06-2010)

Thanks

Thanks a ton. I've been busy all day, so I finally got to it. By what I've seen so far it looks great. I haven't had the chance to really look into everything and test it too much, but what I've seen is great.

Thanks

no problem man it was just the purple one that i thought would look good with this the rest i just dind' tknow how to get rid of an only send you the purple one haha

Thanks

Looks nice and the icons are an interesting concept. Are they going to be autocreate? Does Majestic Swirl appeal at all or does it seem a little babyish. Maybe like Lavished Socery. Lavanader mist. Lol these names are terrible. Sorry I'll give you a better one when I can think of one

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-06-2010)

Thanks

I have made it so that they auto-create, but it's not completely working. The mask and shadow/glow are working fine, but the overlay is only working about half the time. About half of the icons are only mask and glow and the others are mask, glow, and overlay. I've tested my ipod with elite pro and was able to get the overlays to work 100% of the time for that theme, but mine doesn't always work. Does anyone know why this is happening?

As for the names... they are all great.
    The only thing that separates them and my "golden name" is the mystery of the theme. As you can see by the icons and lockscreen, a big part of this theme will probably end up being "mysterious". My original idea was to make a "mysterious and Cloudy" theme. I would like the name to reflect that. If I do not find a "mysterious" title, then I'll definitely go with one of the ones suggested by you and others. They are definitely not out of the question... yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there other color, not only purple? I love see that on green.
    I admire you icon. good job to you..

Thanks

maybe just omniscience or mystic lavander.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-11-2010)

Thanks

I'm not really sure if another color will work. Its when you mix blue and purple that you getthat nice mystical effect. I think it could be done but it wouldnt look as nice. Ill try it and give you a screenshot. What color do you want me to put with green?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1PM@N!O View Post
    I have made it so that they auto-create, but it's not completely working. The mask and shadow/glow are working fine, but the overlay is only working about half the time. About half of the icons are only mask and glow and the others are mask, glow, and overlay. I've tested my ipod with elite pro and was able to get the overlays to work 100% of the time for that theme, but mine doesn't always work. Does anyone know why this is happening?

As for the names... they are all great.
    The only thing that separates them and my "golden name" is the mystery of the theme. As you can see by the icons and lockscreen, a big part of this theme will probably end up being "mysterious". My original idea was to make a "mysterious and Cloudy" theme. I would like the name to reflect that. If I do not find a "mysterious" title, then I'll definitely go with one of the ones suggested by you and others. They are definitely not out of the question... yet.
    first off Elite pro doesn't use an overlay the image is blank. no themes that need an overlay really use the overlay for the exact reason you just said... not all appstore apps use the overlay, it's in the coding in their .app folder telling your device to not use it. there are work arounds such as say your overlay is a a light color, all you have to do is use a gray or something and make the overlay in the mask, this will make the image semi transparent where the overlay is supposed to be then on your appiconshadow image you put white under where the overlay is supposed to be or black if it's a dark overlay. hope you get that. good luck.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-07-2010)

Thanks

I want it now!!!!! lol When? Call it Poison Ivy, don't think that name has been used yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    I want it now!!!!! lol When? Call it Poison Ivy, don't think that name has been used yet?
    Lol, It's not coming out for quite a while. 1. I'm very slow at doing stuff. 2. I'll be pretty busy for the rest of may.
    Hopefully I can have it done by sometime in June.

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    first off Elite pro doesn't use an overlay the image is blank. no themes that need an overlay really use the overlay for the exact reason you just said... not all appstore apps use the overlay, it's in the coding in their .app folder telling your device to not use it. there are work arounds such as say your overlay is a a light color, all you have to do is use a gray or something and make the overlay in the mask, this will make the image semi transparent where the overlay is supposed to be then on your appiconshadow image you put white under where the overlay is supposed to be or black if it's a dark overlay. hope you get that. good luck.
    K thanx. I'll have to try that out tomorrow.

Yay! I got auto-create to work!.

They don't look as nice as the ones made in photoshop, but they will definitely make my like easier.
    Last edited by 1PM@N!O; 05-08-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Good job haha yes auto create is easier I always like photoshop ones more though because you normally don't use the stock icons hah

26. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (05-10-2010)