+ Reply
Page 179 of 213 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169177178179180181 189 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 4256

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASED] True HTC HD2 with Real Animated Weather

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by oldgit9 love this theme. thanks especially to alien for making it and thanks to ian for the icons etc. it took me a bit to install it
    Failing means yer playin! ziggy7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit9 View Post
    love this theme. thanks especially to alien for making it and thanks to ian for the icons etc. it took me a bit to install it correctly. as im a noob when it comes to this sort of thing. but i did manage to get it working correctly.

but i have now come across a big problem. basically, i downloaded a new game using "**********". it downloaded ok. and it installed ok....so i thought...ever since i installed the game, my phone is useless when running any theme. it's now so slow i can't run the theme and it wont let me access to anything. no apps, no winterboard, no contacts, nothing. after a bit of time, the phone then goes into the "safe mode" (see pic below for the message). it states that "the SprinBoard has just crashed". only when i press "OK", i can then use the phone with basic functions. most of my app etc. (including winterboard) are no longer available. and when the phone is locked. when i press a button to unlock it, i get a new lock screen with a sad looking iPhone with the codes 0000000F and 00000003 below it (see pic below).

please can someone help me fix this. i don't want to restore my iPhone from a back-up. as i didn't do one recently and im afraid that i will loose something important.

phone and theme specs:-
    3gS on 3.1.3 with spirit jailbrake.
    main HTC theme. with personal sms and mail icons on the home screen (didn't get a chance to take screen shot). ian's dock icons.
    i did try and change the background to ian's. but i went back to the original in the end.

thanks in advanced if anyone can help me.
    Try installing 'swapmode' from cydia..for running games.

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldgit9's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy7 View Post
    Try installing 'swapmode' from cydia..for running games.
    i will try that. thanks.

i forgot to mention in my original post. i get the same problem even after a full shut down and re-boot. do you still think that "swapmode" will fix this problem? as i did play some games with no problems at all. the problem has only happened since i tried to install a game. not play a game.

Thanks

i will try that. thanks.

i forgot to mention in my original post. i get the same problem even after a full shut down and re-boot. do you still think that "swapmode" will fix this problem? as i did play some games with no problems at all. the problem has only happened since i tried to install a game. not play a game.
    Then it sounds like you must have a problem with something installed on your phone...'swapmode' puts your phone in standard mode so its not using much memory.

your phone shouldn't go into safemode everytime you reboot/shut down

swapmode wont cure the above ^^

Edit: Try removing the game you installed.
    Last edited by ziggy7; 07-02-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks

after reading the info on swapmode in cydia, it gave me an idea. i searched for the game that i downloaded and deleted the folder from the "applications" directory. done this and there is no change now im stuck with a useless phone and im waiting for it to enter the safe mode.

Thanks

after reading the info on swapmode in cydia, it gave me an idea. i searched for the game that i downloaded and deleted the folder from the "applications" directory. done this and there is no change now im stuck with a useless phone and im waiting for it to enter the safe mode.
    Solution 1-

1. Delete the last program you installed via Cydia (NOT CYDELETE).

2. Go back to your springboard and tap the "Exit Safe Mode" text on the status bar then restart.

Solution 2-

1. Delete last program installed, once again, via Cydia.

2. Go into Settings>General>Reset.

3. Press "Reset Settings" and agree with any pop-ups.

4. Once iPhone turns off, turn it on and it should now be fine [Also, try "Reset All Settings and Content" if just settings doesn't work]

Solution 3- [Use if the previous don't work or you cannot access Cydia]

1. First of all you need to get into DFU mode.

2. Restore via iTunes and setup device as a new iPhone (in case files are corrupt).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy7 For This Useful Post:

oldgit9 (07-02-2010)

Thanks

thanks for the solutions.

No.1 didn't work.

No.2 worked a treat. but all my icons are all over the place when i turn the theme back on. a small price to pay to get a working phone again.

thanks again for the help.

Thanks

here's a quick screenshot of my set up. still got a few tweaks to do, to get it the way i want it...but it will do for now.

but i've noticed something odd. but im not too fussed about it. it's when my phone is on charge. on the lock screen, the battery indicator shows 85%. but the actual charge is 77%. is there a quick fix for this??. like i said, im not fussed if i cant get it fixed or not.

Thanks

yeah there not accurate, its the same for everyone.

You should try out the Dusk Theme..its better in my opinion

Get 'springback' via cydia..you can backup your springboard layout, so if your icons get messed up like they did with you, you can easily restore the backup
    Last edited by ziggy7; 07-04-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks

yeah i did notice how inaccurate it is. when it got to 95%, they both read the same. but when the one in the top right measured 97%, the lock screen still measured 95%.

i did try the dusk theme first of all. but for some reason, i couldn't get it to work correctly. call it my noobness. as it was the first theme i had tried to install in this way. things just didn't go right. then i found this theme. and personally, i rather this one.

Thanks

cool...as long as your happy, thats the main thing

Thanks
    Thanked 5,972 Times in 1,579 Posts

Default Battery %
    The lockscreen battery % will always be inaccurate,why?...
    The percentage of the statusbar is the real one,it shows the % number by number,but the lockscreen % is displayed by images,not numbers,and iPhone only have 17 images to display this,so you have to divide the images from 0 to 100 in 17 images.The original iPhone battery images
    is displayed by a progress image and not numbers,so custom battery with numbers will never be the exact as the statusbar.
    Thats why some themers disable the battery image when charging,with a image to go with the theme or displaying the images from camera roll via html code,as haveing a custom battery at lockscreen is almost usseless,cus you can view the real % at the statusbar.
    Last edited by ALIEN1974; 07-04-2010 at 08:07 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ALIEN1974 For This Useful Post:

Centauri (07-05-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vectranos View Post
    Hello,

I just try this nice theme.
    I have no refresh ok for lockscreen battery ( 55% insteed of 52%).
    I have in winterboard NAW first, AW 3GS second and Theme third.
    After this settings and respring is working ok ..since i open any applications on my 3gs.
    After that...the clock and animations for wheather is freezing like in pictures below.
    Respring with sbsettings don.t work... to make it run again.
    It must to put AW 3GS off in winterboard..respring...put it on again...and respring again to work.
    If i use only NAW theme( no animation) don't refresh at all..and even status bar clock is freezing until i click on apple clock applications( after that, htc clock of theme ht is steel freezing and the status bar clock working ok).

It is a nightmare.
    Any help? I can not find any tips in so many pages...

Thanks,
    Nicos

PS. Only 3g theme is working ok on my device - with no freezing for clock or animated weather.
    PSS. I have iphone 3GS.
    PSSS. Bad news...even 3g theme is freezing after a while..animated weather and clock
    This is happen on 3g good signal and wifi good signal too!!!
    Hello,

I solved my issues by myself. It was a conflict with latest Weathericon.

Thanks,
    Nicos

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or noticed but my keyboard won't change to the htc theme and i just noticed this. Does anyone know if i should rearrange the themes in winterboard a specific way to make the keyboard change or am i supposed to move a folder to another one... does anyone know the answer to this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sandman80's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angrysake View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or noticed but my keyboard won't change to the htc theme and i just noticed this. Does anyone know if i should rearrange the themes in winterboard a specific way to make the keyboard change or am i supposed to move a folder to another one... does anyone know the answer to this?
    The keyboard will not change unless you download iacces from cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

please, can someone help me?
    after i downloaded a springjumps from cydia, there was no way i can find this apps on the phone, for go to the general settings (like as a second pix) to rename each for each page. after i downloaded it, it included the name as you can see on the 1st pix.

please help,,,,,

Thanks

have a good look around. the same happened to me but with another app. basicaly, the icon was installed after the blank icons that i put on the page and i couldnt see at the bottom of the page.

sorry for the double post. but i have a question regarding my icons.

i have set up the home screen to the way i like it (see below)

but as i have a few other apps that i use regularly and would like to be on the home page, i've been trying to set it up so that when you scroll the page up, you see the icons in a similar position as the others. but i can not get the icons to be the same size as my mail, camera and sms icons. (see below)

to get the icons down to those positions, i have used a load of blank icons. the ipod, 12,24 and photo icons have all been re-sized in photoshop to 103x100. as as you can see, they are still 60x60. i have even used the 134x100 icon size on the two outer icons. but they stay to the 60x60 icon size but the icon is pushed to the right or left.

is there a way that i can get these icons to the correct size? also, ideally, i would like to have the calender and phone icons in the correct positions above these icons. is there a way i can use a short-cut icon or a app that will short-cut back to the calender and phone?
    Last edited by oldgit9; 07-08-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sandman80's Avatar
    Thanks

Using catsb instead of springjumps

Thanks
    Thanked 5,972 Times in 1,579 Posts

FOR THE PEOPLE THAT LOVED TRUE HTC HD2
    ---To honor one of the Most Popular Themes of All Time!---

you need to have DUSK EVOLUTION for this to work
    This isnt a theme,is a plugin for DUSK EVOLUTION.
    This will transform your DUSK EVO SpringBoard to the HTC HD2 look.
    It is meant to work with DUSK EVO,just copy the DUSK EVO-HTC HD2.theme folder to your themes folder of WinterBoard.
    As all plugins,this goes at top of the theme,and put the RSS at top of this.
    All html animations will work with this,remember that the animations goes at top of this as well.
    DUSK EVOLUTION will be released for the public on July 27.
    All Dusk donators already received DUSK EVOLUTION,they have the privilege to play with it and the html animations first,as a thanks for the support.

PLUG-IN SENT TO DONATORS,CHECK YOUR EMAILS

hell yea...im unstoppable
    Last edited by ALIEN1974; 07-08-2010 at 09:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do the animations work in realtime yet??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

alien is there anyway to change the wallpaper for the AW3gs theme