Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Evolution OS 2is a discussion within the
iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launchesforums, a part of the
New Skins / Themes Launchessection;
04-09-2010, 02:16 PM #1
Evolution OS 2
Official first user voted Theme of the Week
5 stars rated at rock app, award winning and most popular commercial theme of the month.
THIS THEME IS NOT FOR iOS4 and NOT for the iPHONE 4 AND CANīT BE PORTED (AT THE MOMENT)
V 1.3 is now AVAIABLE on CYDA and RockApp (a English and a seperate German version)
This theme needs InfiniBoard and iBlank (or iconoclasm).
You can purchase this theme by a DONATION (paypal) too, youīll get a email as soon as possible, but basicly its easier for me and you (automatic updates) if you purchase it at a store.
-->DONATE here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=WMV6URP5VWQ9S
- Glossy black vertical scrolling iconbars, completly free placeable (!) (except the dock icon)
- Four time-dependent changing wallpapers with your local weather, visible on the search page or as a extra page.
- Four different kinds of widgets now (digital/analog-clock, with or without weather), simply switchable in Winterboard
- NEW (1.3): Themed SMS and Weather App
- NEW (1.3): Speaking Soundfiles (both english and german !)
- A color changing analog clock (am/pm)
- nearly complet UI themed
- more than 20 LoadingScreens
- Lockscreen, Slider, Battery and LockInfo themed
- Compass and Dialer themed
- Complete new popup windows for everything
- a new SBSettings theme and a new respring windows for SB Settings
- Comes with photoshop templates for icons and theme
- Both English and a complete German version (including weather conditions) are avaiable
- Autocreated new backgrounds for all your Categories-folders
- Black top and bottombars for most of your Apps and a completly black styled Safari
- About 567 (!) english and 165 german icons for apps and folders
- Iconoclasm layout included
Click to enlarge please:
(! The setup is easier if you first disable my theme in winterboard)
1. Install "infiniboard", "iBlank" (or use "iconoclasm"), this theme and if you want "Categories". Look at the attachment picture how to setup Infiniboard !!!
2. Create a lot of blank icons and place three of your favorite apps to the first page, place safari into the dock. The Safari Icon is different, it MUST be placed in the dock. All app icons are allways the third icon in a row. Fill the space with blank icons.
3. Do the same on the following three pages called Favorites, Media and Tools.
4. I recommend to use categories too if you have a lot of apps.You will find various Categories Icons inside the "icons" folder of the theme like "Work", "Games" and "System", "Internet" and so on. The new background for your folder will be autocreated by Evolution OS2. But please take a look at the picture for the right settings of "Categories"
a) Open the the "Extras/Respring"-folder inside the theme folder and copy this new "respring.png" to "/User/Library/SBSettings".
b) Open the "Extras"-folder and copy the folder "EOS2 SBSettings" to "user/Library/SBSettings/Themes". Now open the settings of SBSettings and choose "EOS2 SBSettings" as your new theme.[/I]
6. Weather setup:
a) Open with a mac or PC Browser this webside: Weather forecast, maps, news, alerts, and video on Yahoo! Weather
b) Search for your hometown, then open "Extended Forecast"
c) Look a the topbar of the browser an youīll find a adress like that: "http://weather....USNY0176...."
d) Now this is for example the location code that you need: USNY0176
f) Now on iPhone open "/Library/themes/" and then the specific widget folder that you use. For example "EOS2 AnalogClock+Weather". Now open "/Private/WeatherWidget/private/configureMe.js" file with a text Editor ("Editor" for Windows) or freeware "Komodo Edit" for Mac. Override this code "GMX0122" to your location code, save it and copy the file back in itīs folder. You can also directly change the location on your device with "iFile" (Cydia-app).
g) Update interval: It is set to 30 minutes. Change it in the last line of the "configureme.js"-textfile if you want.
h) if you want "Celsius" instead of Fahrenheit look at the picture and write in "true" instead of "false"
--> Thats all, now enable Evolution OS2 and the widget of your choice in winterboard.
How do i get access to my iphone ?
- i donīt recommend ssh for beginners as its complicated and slower
- The easiest way for beginners: Use the freeware "iphone-folders" for PC: iPhone Folders
or "iPhone Explorer" for PC and Mac: iPhone Explorer - A USB iPhone browser for Mac and PC
Why are my icons or graphics missaligned or donīt work correctly?
- Uninstall "shrink" (Even if shrink is set to the original 100 % icons size it does not do that correctly)
- Use only a special dock icon for the dock (=my Safari icon), not the other ones as they are larger and different
- Use this theme only with the stock 4x4 icon layout, uninstall for example FCSB or FiveIRows or anything else that changes the stock layout
- uninstall ReflectiveDock
- If none of the icons work, open the settings of Winterboard and enable summerboard mode.
Why must i press the iconbars somewhere in the middle:
- This is due the iphoneOS icon-layout and canīt be made better. You learn that quickly
What about lockinfo ?
Lockinfo is themed out of the box. Dissable the appeareance of bars that have (0) infomations. This is generally needless and gives no sense to my new special notification bars with colored lights.
Why are some icons not showing up ?
- Unfortunatly there is now way to find out how a app is named on the iphone, except installing it. So there could be icons inside the "icons" folder that are named not correctly. So please rename them like they are named on your screen and report it to me that i can correct this for all other users.
Can i make and post icons here ?
- yes, please Use my template. A tutorial is here: http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ml#post5178168
A Video tutorial can be found here (middle of the page):http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ml#post5234187
For the Text: Use only capitalized letters for the title, except a small "i" or "e" at the beginning (like "iPOD") and not more than two rows (for the app description)
This theme brings my device to its knees ?
- This theme may lagg about 10-20 seconds after a respring due to the large icons. If you still have issues please use one of the lighter widgets without the analog clock or without the weather.
- reduce the lenght of your icon-list, use more categories folders
Why do this icons not work within categories-folders ?
- because categories canīt handle blank icons, so simply delete all that icons you have moved to Categories-folders from the "icons" theme-folder.
Can i use a different dock icon ?
- yes, youīll find some here in the folder "Special Icons" or inside your themes folder
Why does my weather not update ?
- the weather did not change
- your local weather station has no new data for yahoo weather
- at the moment of the update you had a unstable or no internet connection
-> make a respring, there are so many reasons that can have an impact on the widget.
Why do the wallpapers donīt fit to my daytimes ?
- The wallpapers are timebased, there is no other possibility to do this, and change allways at the same time, no matter if its summertime or wintertime. If you want to change the starting times open the wallpaper.html from the widget you use (with a text editor) and youīll see this here:
You can see that it starts at midnight with the "night1" picture and a 5 oīclock there is coming the "sunrise1" picture. You can manually change this now, copy the wallpaper.html back to the widget.theme and respring.
Holdemdogg for the main widget work, betatesting and much more...
Cocotherat for the Video
All the talented guys here for ideas, critics, icons and iconoclasm layouts
It is not allowed to use my templates or graphics or parts of it without permission for releasing own themes. Private use only. You can post icons, iconoclasm layouts and loading-screens here. If you have a nice mod or idea you can post screenshots or contact me please.
ALL ICONS (666 english and 165 germans) can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?dwbkb1v69u78qzz
Last edited by Blue; 08-09-2010 at 01:20 AM.
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:
aquarius.de (05-30-2010), armes (04-17-2010), AWSUM (04-13-2010), BillSplate (05-13-2010), carloqt (04-14-2010), chiksen (07-26-2010), chrisangel13 (04-09-2010), cocotherat (04-10-2010), Cyruss1989 (04-18-2010), dash7869 (05-31-2010), dodemc (04-21-2010), Entombed Sh4dw (04-09-2010), EventHorizn (04-25-2010), germandude (04-22-2010), GuyGascard (04-20-2010), henftling (04-11-2010), holdemdogg (04-15-2010), iman12 (04-17-2010), Ivan Itsai!!! (05-02-2010), Jedi5o5 (04-17-2010), k.nitsua (04-12-2010), kn4lli (05-04-2010), lostinthemes (03-22-2011), Maarten16 (04-25-2010), magicmobile (04-19-2010), majid2124 (09-16-2010), mikiecw (05-19-2010), mikmaq (09-19-2010), MTizzle (04-22-2010), MuseFan288 (07-16-2010), PhanaticD (04-10-2010), pyro2010 (04-09-2010), ricgo (04-22-2010), Robbyhoo (09-08-2010), ruedi04 (04-10-2010), s1l3nt (05-10-2010), sam3173 (04-12-2010), Shibo! (06-08-2010), SirTimothy1 (04-11-2010), StanHell (05-01-2010), STEVEFFF (06-09-2010), togomaku (04-11-2010), TooSlo (04-13-2010), torrenegoshima (04-18-2010), toyvan (04-15-2010), tre8o (05-18-2010), Truckinlow (04-21-2010), WindAngel (04-14-2010), yusuf530i (04-14-2010), zausser (04-09-2010)
04-09-2010, 02:24 PM #2
I like this color scheme mucho better
The Following User Says Thank You to zausser For This Useful Post:
04-09-2010, 02:25 PM #3
Now THIS is what i'm talkin bout
looks very sleek man, great mod of your other theme
04-09-2010, 04:39 PM #4
Woow. This is crazy, you make iPhone more futuristic than it is...
04-09-2010, 06:50 PM #5
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:
04-09-2010, 07:02 PM #6
That's what I'm talking bout!!! That looks awesome. I really liked the evolution os but didnt really care for the blue. This looks awesome!!!
04-09-2010, 07:59 PM #7
Love this one alot better than the blue. Well Done!
04-09-2010, 08:14 PM #8
This looks awesome blue! Very much in love with the black style youve created. Very sleak!
04-09-2010, 08:47 PM #9
04-10-2010, 12:17 AM #10
How in the world did I miss this thread lol looks perfect man I love it. Sweet I could run the blue one at work to have the proffesional bussiness look and then have the black for playtime lol Cant wait !!!!!!!
04-10-2010, 12:47 AM #11
Yep, the black looks awesome indeed! Great work as usual Blue!
04-10-2010, 01:00 AM #12
I love the black, will it be a free update for those who bought your theme, or can you just put it up here when your done?
04-10-2010, 03:00 AM #13
Not sure what to do. Its ā Mod but complete New graphics. So maybe i release it as a extra theme but give it for free to users that purchased evolution os (blue)
04-10-2010, 08:26 AM #14
This version is much better than "old"!
04-10-2010, 08:30 AM #15
Looks awesome!! Your themes are the nice...FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @ www.twitter.com/80sBaby_Ky
04-10-2010, 09:44 AM #16
really good work m8....awesome theme...Thanks for this awsome theme. Cant wait to install it on my iPhone. Thanks.
04-10-2010, 10:08 AM #17
thank you, i updated lates screenshots to post one, the final layout, clock and everything is ready now, started working on icons, but only 20 are ready till now
04-10-2010, 10:10 AM #18
Great work! Black is definately the best looking
04-10-2010, 10:29 AM #19
The black looks so much better. I lve it
04-10-2010, 10:31 AM #20