Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (BETA) Windows Phone 7 Series Theme ALL PAGES

Here is the layout for the first page (white squares are iblank icons. They have to be exactly the size as the ones in the theme or the icons will be too wide and not line up correctly. The blank space is there so it pushes the icon over cause they center on the icon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UofMBob View Post
    Iconoclasm does not play well with categories so I guess it is better this way
    He is not using Categories so maybe not!

I am editing your theme, I will work on the iconclasm layout for you. Just minor changes in the images used and little gradient added to the icons and whatnot.
    Last edited by sogo; 03-26-2010 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

ah wow, first of all I must give props to you big time for one of the nicest looking WM7S themes yet.

So I have been working on putting this one my 3gs, and I read all of your posts throughout this thread for troubleshooting, and some of it solved a few of my problems.

the below image is what keeps on happening to me:

the settings + safari app icons keep blocking the live and maps icons. I cant find a fix for this. Ive tried pretty much turning things off and on in the settings but still nothing.

Second, for the apps that I dont want / have that you put on yours, should I basically just photoshop my own icon in place of what you put their for that app?

Lots of work to do here, but I am all for it because it looks freakin' awesome when its completed. Any advice you recommend?
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Hmm, for your first question I'd ask what you have set up in the infiniboard settings. I have scrolling bounce enabled, top on paging off, top on app exit off, vertical paging off, and hide behind dock off. Besides that as long as you haven't changed the height of the icons they should all line up perfectly. Let me know if that doesn't work. As for your second question, yes you will have to make new icons. Because the icons for this theme are location specific I can't make a bunch of icons without thinking of where they will be placed. Once I make the photoshop icon files on Sunday or Monday it will make this easier because all you will have to do is find an image you like and paste it in then change the words. For the less photoshop inclined I may be able to make an icon or two in the future as long as I had the specific location.

Thanks

Yes sir, i have everything off except vertical scrolling and page bounce (if that is what you're asking). Looks like I will be using photoshop side by side then.

Ill try doing the theme again and ill let you know if that same overlapping problem persists. Ty

unfortunately its exactly the same as how i told you before.

I dont know what the problem is...

I just noticed in one of your pictures you included in your theme folder...

the spacing in between spring jump 3 and settings is different than the rest of the phone...
    I think THATS where my problem lies... I dont know how got that extra spacing.
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 03-26-2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -[r]

I'd like to note that this theme probably works best on the beefed up devices (3GS or 3rd gen iPod Touch 32gig+). I installed this theme completely on my iPod Touch 8gig 2G and it became incredibly slow. I had nothing else running in the background either (nor sbsettings). I would experience a few crashes to safe mode and the general lag (even just scrolling the page) was unbearable. I'm thinking of ways to make it work (I might just use the first page and have everything else be through categoriesSB).

I love this theme, but it is to much of a resource hog on my device unfortunately. I also have an idea for an update to categories that would completely change the whole every page thing, but I'm not sure if it is possible (I plan on contacting the developer).

Thanks

lol... uh, i resprang my phone while I was completing the theme, and everything just crashed.
    backing up now, and then i have to restore how unfortunate.

looks like I am just gonna wait until more people have tried it and you come up with some other cool stuff / advice / tips.

so BUMMED!
    -[r]

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    lol... uh, i resprang my phone while I was completing the theme, and everything just crashed.
    backing up now, and then i have to restore how unfortunate.

looks like I am just gonna wait until more people have tried it and you come up with some other cool stuff / advice / tips.

so BUMMED!
    That could be related to just how much it taxes the device in the resource department. Not sure though, which device are you using?

Thanks

I don't understand how this could be so resource heavy?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveMaine View Post
    That could be related to just how much it taxes the device in the resource department. Not sure though, which device are you using?
    it could be. not so sure though. im using a 16gb 3gs.
    and because i didnt reroute the authentication server to go to cydia and not to apple before this incident (so i could restore to 3.1.2, which was my fault obviously) i had to upgrade to 3.1.3 hahaha so now im at baseband 05.12.01.

Fortunately for me, a jailbreak has been released for 3.1.3. although its unofficial, i am contemplating on whether or not to go with it because I might try this out again, but in a different approach than I did last time, and try loading a little bit on at a time.

After I crashed my phone though, the symptoms were weird. When pressing the home button, it took more than a 10 second delay before anything showed up on the screen. At the lock screen, since it took 10 seconds to input anything, it would always just go back to sleep because it idles out within that time frame, so I was unable to even access my phone from that point. I turned it off with a hard reset, and when I tried to turn it back on, the phone didnt show anything at all. When I plugged it into the charger it vibrated twice and i clicked home and 10-15seconds later the home screen flashed and peaced out again. What was weird though was I was able to back up my phone right there too. So thankfully im back up. It was just tedious. Ive never heard of that problem either and ive been jailbroken for quite a while, including my old iphones.
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 03-26-2010 at 06:10 PM.
    -[r]

it could be. not so sure though. im using a 16gb 3gs.
    and because i didnt reroute the authentication server to go to cydia and not to apple before this incident (so i could restore to 3.1.2, which was my fault obviously) i had to upgrade to 3.1.3 hahaha so now im at baseband 05.12.01.

Fortunately for me, a jailbreak has been released for 3.1.3. although its unofficial, i am contemplating on whether or not to go with it because I might try this out again, but in a different approach than I did last time, and try loading a little bit on at a time.

After I crashed my phone though, the symptoms were weird. When pressing the home button, it took more than a 10 second delay before anything showed up on the screen. At the lock screen, since it took 10 seconds to input anything, it would always just go back to sleep because it idles out within that time frame, so I was unable to even access my phone from that point. I turned it off with a hard reset, and when I tried to turn it back on, the phone didnt show anything at all. When I plugged it into the charger it vibrated twice and i clicked home and 10-15seconds later the home screen flashed and peaced out again. What was weird though was I was able to back up my phone right there too. So thankfully im back up. It was just tedious. Ive never heard of that problem either and ive been jailbroken for quite a while, including my old iphones.
    Hmm, thats weird, but it does sound like lag on your device. I'm also assuming you tried to load it all on at one time correct (that could have been the problem)? I did it little by little and it was still slow.

Anyway, next time (if I install it again) I would probably change the spring jumps (games, people, etc) into categories and use the included page images as backgrounds.

Also, jailbreak again; you know you can't resist

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveMaine View Post
    Hmm, thats weird, but it does sound like lag on your device. I'm also assuming you tried to load it all on at one time correct (that could have been the problem)? I did it little by little and it was still slow.

Anyway, next time (if I install it again) I would probably change the spring jumps (games, people, etc) into categories and use the included page images as backgrounds.

Also, jailbreak again; you know you can't resist
    haha! i know. i just did. such a pain though I had to downgrade back to 3.1.2. It just kinda sucks because the modem firmware is not unlockable. it was just jailbreakable.

and no, i actually did do it little by little. The weird thing is that when the device crashed, it was from me respringing it on accident (i.e. no change would have resulted).

edit:

found the problem. it did it again. this is absolutely ridiculous.

the problem is infiniboard. i installed it and it just crashed and screwed everything up again. i am at the home screen trying to go into safe mode but nothing happens. this is bull! jjpierce i love your theme man but i just cant do it. im giving up at this point. let me know if anybody else has the same issues.
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 03-26-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -[r]

can someone make a springback of this. It will make setup a lot easier

Thanks

^ that would definitely be true!
    its too bad ive had to restore my phone and jailbreak it twice today so far, not to mention I also had to downgrade firmware as well. lame.
    -[r]

if i get it donw before someone post one ill post mine. I am not going to have like half the apps he has listed tho lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Knight View Post
    if i get it donw before someone post one ill post mine. I am not going to have like half the apps he has listed tho lol
    lol i know i had half too. its the infiniboard that keeps screwing things up for me.
    i suggest doing this if you want to do it:

basically set up your icons like he says to do for the most part,
    and whatever apps you dont have that he does, replace them with your own that make sense to place there for that category. Then go into ssh and rename that app's icon that he had in the picture, to your app. yes it will obviously be wrong, but this is just so you're organized and it will be easier for you to change in a bit.

then take the png file after you're done organizing, and start replacing the icons and the names with your own in photoshop and replace your own saved .png files with the ones inside the ssh. the font is called ZEGOE. I will attach it to this post. This is basically how far I got until I resprang my device and it crashed. safe mode wouldnt even work either.

good luck. looking forward to see how it turns out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 03-26-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    -[r]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey I think the reason my settings overlaps perhaps had to do with the page dots and having them off on my phone pulled the last row up

Yes sir, i have everything off except vertical scrolling and page bounce (if that is what you're asking). Looks like I will be using photoshop side by side then.

Ill try doing the theme again and ill let you know if that same overlapping problem persists. Ty

unfortunately its exactly the same as how i told you before.

I dont know what the problem is...

I just noticed in one of your pictures you included in your theme folder...

the spacing in between spring jump 3 and settings is different than the rest of the phone...
    I think THATS where my problem lies... I dont know how got that extra spacing.

im having the same issue with the settings and safari icons overlapping the xbox live and maps icons. anybody figure this out yet?

they are supposed to a little bit mine came out fine. and also on the picture the screen shot doesnt know how to handle the vertical scroll so it will bunch it up it works out alright after you apply it

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Knight View Post
    they are supposed to a little bit mine came out fine. and also on the picture the screen shot doesnt know how to handle the vertical scroll so it will bunch it up it works out alright after you apply it
    are you saying that your settings and safari icons arent overlapping the xbox and map icons? lets see a screenshot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast