+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [preview] Another Mac OSX Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Hi guys, So, let's just introduce myself. I am pretty much new on this board, but I'm not that new into iPod and jailbreaking. Have had a Touch 2G for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [preview] Another Mac OSX Theme
    Hi guys,

So, let's just introduce myself. I am pretty much new on this board, but I'm not that new into iPod and jailbreaking. Have had a Touch 2G for a year and recently bought the 3G 32 gig version, both successfully jailbroken.

I always loved OS themes like Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OSX and so on, but I never found the theme I really liked or that worked smooth for me. That's why I decided to start creating my own one instead of modifying already existing themes. I really loved Mac Pro 3.0, but that one was just too hard to setup for me.

What I basically want is just a simple, smooth and good-looking theme without having to install a bunch of things from cydia. I will probably only use 5 icons dock, and that's about it. I started about an hour ago, and so far I only have a lockscreen. I know that's not much, but I'll be showing off the progress I have made in this topic.

This lockscreen is fully customizable from avatar to background and name, I added a little download for the .PSD.

Please give me some critics, I would really appreciate that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [preview] Another Mac OSX Theme-lockbackground.png  

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

looks nice but i think most people are over the windows and osx themes now

i think you should try and make it your theme and not a copy of a OS
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    i think you should try and make it your theme and not a copy of a OS
    Agree, but this is a very good OS theme

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I think you should work with SnowLock to raise the slider up to your login name. Then make the slider the size of a tap to unlock and have it be clear. That way you keep the Mac OSX look but it also works like it by "logging in" when you click your user name.

Also, it looks really good but I think the shadow is a little too harsh, just increase the size of it a little bit. For Leopard, the lighting angle is from the top not the top left, but I don't know for other versions.

There is your criticism
    Last edited by SirTimothy1; 02-23-2010 at 01:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Thanks

well you could but you would be wasting your time i think. Once THIS theme comes out it will make other mac themes(maybe all themes) obsolete. Its made from all html.
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337