+ Reply
Page 11 of 252 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [BETA TESTING] Inspired OS by K.Nitsua/Zausser

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Still have 2 more pages to work on... and the apps in the stack folders (organizing them).
    "The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Still have 2 more pages to work on... and the apps in the stack folders (organizing them).
    #eli7e revived me

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

any idea knit?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

i sent vince a email on iptf

so k

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Green Apple
    Thanks

anyone have the latest stacks app and instructions on how to install it?? and is it better than categories sb??

Thanks
    Thanked 3,288 Times in 361 Posts

There are a couple problems with the apps that you are using.

Iconoclasm
    No everyone is old enough to have a paypal/amazon account with a credit card, even if they did, Iconoclasm is buggy. The Iconoclasm icon layout isn't stored in com.apple.springboard.plist which explains why springback doesn't work with it. Therefore, you must resort to a manual setup, and if you are using Iconoclasm, the icons are hard to move around (especially with free-form layouts).

Stack
    Stack is also one of those extremely buggy apps. First off, you need to do a manual installation from a debian package. Then, considering that your stacks version is up to date, you need to manually drag each app over the stack to add it. This is a very lengthy process, even if it seems easier, and it takes more time than it takes to add all your apps to categories. Also, the stacks mobilesubstrate checks to see if there is an update, if there is, the stacks disappear and you have to install a new version from the site.

Not to set you back or anything, but I do suggest you use some more "stable" applications such as categories or a 7x7 layout. (though I do see the need for iconoclasm in this theme)

aTr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randy92 View Post
    anyone have the latest stacks app and instructions on how to install it?? and is it better than categories sb??
    The link is posted a few pages back (from k). The instructions are linked there also. I just installed it an hour or so ago and so far I really like it. All I get is the grid layout though, haven't figured out how to get the fan layout (no matter how many apps I have in a stack).

But, I do like it much better than Categories. Very easy to put an app in or take one out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vipr For This Useful Post:

randy92 (02-16-2010)

Thanks

so the question is, where is the iconoclasm layout stored

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wyndwarrior View Post
    There are a couple problems with the apps that you are using.

Iconoclasm
    No everyone is old enough to have a paypal/amazon account with a credit card, even if they did, Iconoclasm is buggy. The Iconoclasm icon layout isn't stored in com.apple.springboard.plist which explains why springback doesn't work with it. Therefore, you must resort to a manual setup, and if you are using Iconoclasm, the icons are hard to move around (especially with free-form layouts).

Stack
    Stack is also one of those extremely buggy apps. First off, you need to do a manual installation from a debian package. Then, considering that your stacks version is up to date, you need to manually drag each app over the stack to add it. This is a very lengthy process, even if it seems easier, and it takes more time than it takes to add all your apps to categories. Also, the stacks mobilesubstrate checks to see if there is an update, if there is, the stacks disappear and you have to install a new version from the site.

Not to set you back or anything, but I do suggest you use some more "stable" applications such as categories or a 7x7 layout. (though I do see the need for iconoclasm in this theme)
    I haven't had any bugs with Iconoclasm and SpringBack works for me with Iconoclasm. The springboard plist states the order of the icons and then Iconoclasm just rearranges that specific order. It works flawlessly for me on my 3Gs. And I understand not everyone has a credit card, but to be honest (and I've stated this before), this theme is not geared towards that demographic - it's geared towards business users and college students. In my undergrad classes, a majority of students have an iPhone. Out of those students, 1 out of 3 have a jailbroken iPhone with a theme running.

A prepaid card is pretty easy to get (i.e. Wal-Mart) and is what I used to buy stuff online when I was young and didn't have a credit card or bank account.

Stack does have its bugs when it's overextended. The layout I'm giving will make it easier to use and shouldn't cause any issues for the most part. Putting apps in Stack is WAY easier than Categories SB, as it is used JUST like an OS (drag and drop). Also, using Stack allows multiple shortcuts to apps.

This theme won't be release without a very extensive beta testing phase.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 02-16-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Well I'm off to bed. Haha can't wait till video timmorow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atreinke View Post
    The link is posted a few pages back (from k). The instructions are linked there also. I just installed it an hour or so ago and so far I really like it. All I get is the grid layout though, haven't figured out how to get the fan layout (no matter how many apps I have in a stack).

But, I do like it much better than Categories. Very easy to put an app in or take one out.
    Inspired OS will only be using the grid layout, but if you want the curved "fan" layout, put the stack icon in the dock and viola!
    #eli7e revived me

12. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

vipr (02-17-2010)

Thanks

so no idea on why i cant use springback and iconoclasm?? Also when you tried, did you set the springback before enabling iconoclasm?? For example, i used FCSB and saved while in that layout for ZX, and it wont restore in iconoclasm 5x5

Thanks

I set the springback WITH iconoclasm.

FCSB and Iconoclasm are not the same, they'll produce different springback files, no matter what layout.
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks

EDIT: after many hours i finally figured it out, and if enough people want it (which i doubt) ill share. the only reason im not just gonna post now is since its kinda hard to explain
    Last edited by reagan5194; 02-16-2010 at 10:36 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zero-x's Avatar
    Thanks

so how do you install stacks from the link you gave us
    o_o

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zero-x View Post
    so how do you install stacks from the link you gave us
    o_o
    What I did was SSH'ed the deb file into the iPhone (doesn't matter what folder, I just put it in the private/var/mobile/library/download folder).

Then I used iFile and browsed my iPhone directory, clicked on the .deb file, then selected "install" from the options the app gave me. Worked like a charm.

--------

Theme update:

No video yet, still have some skinning to do. But I got 70% of the springboard done, here are the remaining pages:

I tried to make just enough folders per desktop to encompass all possible types of apps, but not TOO many folders to clutter the desktop. If you think I'm missing an important type of folder, let me know.

Ignore the statusbar, I'm using baroverbeats Elite UI in the meantime until Inspired OS's UI is done.
    #eli7e revived me

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

chrisangel13 (02-17-2010), Maarten16 (02-16-2010), zero-x (02-16-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone denisyasha's Avatar
    Thanks

It's cool.. when will you release it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by denisyasha View Post
    It's cool.. when will you release it?
    Some time next month. Zausser and I don't want to put a date on this theme as it will require an extensive beta testing phase - and we also want to take our time on this one.
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks

Thanks

And the theme is looking good
    take your time with it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    What I did was SSH'ed the deb file into the iPhone (doesn't matter what folder, I just put it in the private/var/mobile/library/download folder).

Then I used iFile and browsed my iPhone directory, clicked on the .deb file, then selected "install" from the options the app gave me. Worked like a charm.

--------

Theme update:

No video yet, still have some skinning to do. But I got 70% of the springboard done, here are the remaining pages:

I tried to make just enough folders per desktop to encompass all possible types of apps, but not TOO many folders to clutter the desktop. If you think I'm missing an important type of folder, let me know.

Ignore the statusbar, I'm using baroverbeats Elite UI in the meantime until Inspired OS's UI is done.
    yeah
    awesome
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks

now how do i remove stacks lol
    it causes me to go in safe mode and rebooting doesnt help lol