+ Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [BETA] - iNXE - Xbox 360 Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Can you please send me the PSD link so I can download and look at your theme so I can make mine and yours better
    Thanks

Can you please send me the PSD link so I can download and look at your theme so I can make mine and yours better

Thanks

The one for the avatar or the whole design?

Thanks

Sorry dude, dont want to release that just yet, to anyone. Its barely finished and Im a bit protective of unfinished work. When I have a finalised PSD Ill release it then.

Release date is looking to bit later at the moment, unless I have a good run of work in a short period of time I think end of Feb or Early March is more possible. Ive noticed making a lot of the UI is taking a bit longer as I am learning A LOT about the way all of the iPhone is themed. Ive only just this weekend figured out how to theme the sounds and finished the ProgressGear of which Ill need to re-design to make more like the original and more pleasant to look at.
    This week I want to nail down a Lockscreen Design and start work on finishing the Springboard icons and format. Stack v3 is looking really good as Its fast to load but ive yet to figure out the themeing of that yet.
    Willis0037, dont take it to heart but im pretty sure Ill go this one alone unless you can help with themeing of the ipod, cydia and SBsettings.
    Last edited by Entombed Sh4dw; 01-31-2010 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i starting to make my own too
    i will start working on it when i done with the first beta on my windows media center theme

Thanks

Alright, pretty sure Ive nearly finalised the Springboard look. Just working on the StatusBar next, currently has icons to match the NXE settings menu but still deciding on if I want to remove them or not.

What does everyone think of this layout and the colour option? I love having some colour variety and will give users the option to have the entire theme in a specific colour. Due to the way I am setting up the backgrounds and icons this theme will give the option for iPod Touch use also.

FYI the wallpaper used is from an AWESOME artist named Patrick Brown, click the link to see more of his work.

Last edited by Entombed Sh4dw; 02-04-2010 at 05:40 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Entombed Sh4dw For This Useful Post:

memnoch_thedevil (02-04-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

awesome job man
    love the colors
    2 questions
    1.) When will u release it or a beta?
    2.) Will it be free or do i have to donate?

also went to check Pat's work and his work is amazing
    love his work on joker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [BETA] - iNXE - Xbox 360 Theme-db14a1e2100f9d52e866d1021126a786.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itouch8112 View Post
    awesome job man
    love the colors
    2 questions
    1.) When will u release it or a beta?
    2.) Will it be free or do i have to donate?

also went to check Pat's work and his work is amazing
    love his work on joker
    1. I am aiming to release by the end of this month, or at least Beta test it. Please dont ask to test, I will probably publicly beta]

2. I dont believe in charging people to use things that are meant to be free, GeoHot said it best when de described Jailbreak and that anyone selling the tech is stealing. We want freedom to use our devices as we please and If you are making themes to make money then your in the wrong business, try skinning for M$ as they seem to make money off themes for the Xbox 360 so why not take a piece of their pie.

Pat's work is amazing and I might negotiate to release this theme with a wallpaper pack from his collection.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Entombed Sh4dw For This Useful Post:

itouch8112 (02-04-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Would be pretty cool if you could snag a .gif animation for the avatars. Would make it look 10x more realistic.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

gif animation would kill battery though

Thanks

Both true, Animation is hard to maximise and Im assuming thats why apple avoided a lot of it, Battery life is hard enough to hold on to [especially with all those damned HTC Hero themes!] and RAM is important as 3G and 1st Gen Touch users will miss out on the experience. Nitsua has had RAM issues with his NS 2.0 and is the reason why we are all still waiting for it. Id consider some animation for a couple of things like the X logo changing to Xbox Live or the Gamer tag top right with GS info etc but wouldnt know where to start with coding it!

Thanks

I think it looks a lot better, you are doing a fantastic job. The avatar looks much better now too, like he is actually standing on the floor!

The wallpaper that you talk about at the top, from Pat, are you going to make that area transparent, so people that want can use BossPaper and have rotating walls in that spot? Might be a nice addition to it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to memnoch_thedevil For This Useful Post:

Entombed Sh4dw (02-06-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch_thedevil View Post
    I think it looks a lot better, you are doing a fantastic job. The avatar looks much better now too, like he is actually standing on the floor!

The wallpaper that you talk about at the top, from Pat, are you going to make that area transparent, so people that want can use BossPaper and have rotating walls in that spot? Might be a nice addition to it.
    Thanks for the compliments.
    Im working on a system for the wallpaper, need to work on layers better in the code so that people can do custom wallpapers. At the moment it isnt working that way only because the big squares are page0/1/2/3 and then the grey floor and fallout image is the wallpaper layer.
    It use to be this way but after seeing it in motion on Willis' landscape theme didnt like that the ground and background moved when scrolling.
    The reason for it currently being this way is so that users can customise which icons are used on each page easily rather than having to use photoshop JUST to make icons to suit the panels.
    If you have a suggestion on how to use layers to create what you speak of to work as I think we both would like it to, please let me know.

Thanks

Yea I see what you are saying. I am assuming then that the dock is going to be springjumps? It is a difficult task..hard to make it so it scrolls without the actual effect of scrolling...I'll think on it a bit, the theme I am using now I have incorporated infidock and smoothboard, so I have 2 independent scrolling areas, with rotating walls in there too, and it looks seamless when scrolling to the other page.

Really the only thing stopping that from working right now on yours is the avatar...trying to think a work around is going to be tough heh

Thanks
    Great theme!!! I'll be following the progress of it, keep up the good work!

Thanks

Ill have to look into Infidock and Smoothboard, they sound interesting. On Cydia I suppose? I am using Stack v3 at the moment which takes care of the exess icons nicely with quicker load times than Categories of which I am also using. The avatar is an Icon for the iPod at the moment.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

How's progress

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    How's progress
    Not bad actually, Im forcing myself away from BSG and MW2 to get this filled out, slowly filling in the UI design at the moment, just putting the touches onto an SBsettings theme which looks awesome! Then on to SMS and iPod.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Ok nice

Green Apple
    Thanks

AMAZING, nuff said

24. The Following User Says Thank You to darthscypter For This Useful Post:

Entombed Sh4dw (02-05-2010)