+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Preview] THE BETTER MW2 THEME

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Alright everyone, I have been off the theming scene for awhile due to immense homework loads and tedious college applications but I did manage to find time to whip this
    iPhone? More like MyPhone justarry21's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Preview] THE BETTER MW2 THEME
    Alright everyone, I have been off the theming scene for awhile due to immense homework loads and tedious college applications but I did manage to find time to whip this up this weekend. It is still in the works, but I do plan on releasing all files sometime this week and intend to make this an open source theme... simply because I don't have the time to make it complete.

I call this the "better" mw2 theme because I think the other ones are really lacking the MW2 interface.

I hope you enjoy it... any comments are appreciated.

To help you see where I got my inspiration... turn on ur 360 and compare the pix.

I updated the pix a little bit, the icons are now simply the icon labels, for automatic icon theming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Preview] THE BETTER MW2 THEME-img_0730.png   [Preview] THE BETTER MW2 THEME-img_0732.png   [Preview] THE BETTER MW2 THEME-img_0733.png  
    Last edited by justarry21; 11-29-2009 at 11:53 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justarry21 For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (11-28-2009), metaserph (11-29-2009)

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Really really creative. I love it! I definitely get the MW2 vibe with this theme.

Now all you need is some US destruction to give me nightmares and some civilians getting their heads blasted as they were waiting to board their flight.
    #eli7e revived me

4. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

justarry21 (11-29-2009)

Thanks

thx k.nitsua im glad u like it... I really hope there are enough mw2 fanatics out there that have iPhones like me to get this theme going

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ajblue7's Avatar
    Thanks

ive already made a mw2 theme, it was great and i personally think its way better than this one, but the community gave me no support, so i scrapped it, same with my windows7 theme, i plan on making one final great theme, but i have to get my photoshop back first it was acting buggy on me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ajblue7 View Post
    ive already made a mw2 theme, it was great and i personally think its way better than this one, but the community gave me no support, so i scrapped it, same with my windows7 theme, i plan on making one final great theme, but i have to get my photoshop back first it was acting buggy on me
    Wow AJ, I cannot believe you are ignorant enough to write a post like that... I find it amusing that you think your theme is "way better" when our themes are completely incomparable because they have entirely different focuses.

You are entitled to your own opinion, I respect that... but still, don't you think your comment was way too premature anyways? I'm still adjusting the interface quite a bit and I am adding features never seen before on a theme but you assume this preview is all I have to offer. Well I hope you are surprised with the result...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I like the way justarry21s looks over that other one. This one just looks like it had more work put into it. I don't really use themes much anymore but I might have to use this when it's complete.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kariodude For This Useful Post:

justarry21 (11-29-2009)

Thanks

Thanks Kariodude...

I just wanted to add that if anyone wants to take me on in mw2 my gamertag is "xsee1n starrzx"

And if anyone wants me to change the modern warfare 2 logo to their gamertag or name in that style I can do it since that I made that logo from scratch.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

Excellent work Justarry, glad to see you had a little time to theme again. iGlassify is still one of my favorites. Look forward to this one developing. Share the psd's when you're ready so folks create their icons. Kudos!

Thanks

There is nothing bad that i said, you call your theme the "better" mw2 theme, so in a sense you are being just as "Premature" as i am accused to be. and obviously your theme is still in development, and there is no where to go for this theme but for the better, and the fact that i stated that it was my opinion makes me wonder why you had a problem with it.

ps. i like the idea of using the regular app titles, so basicly every icon will be themed i would just check into that font you got because i could even see on my other theme that the font cut off most icons and even short 7-8 letter make it mine carriers. i also like the background but the mw2 logo doesn't exactly blend in as good as it looks on xbox. good luck though

Thanks

That is not for you to decide, it is for the people to decide. And I think since your theme got so little attention...it is evident what people think of it.
    Storm Shadow

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

i like it

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by victorliao View Post
    That is not for you to decide, it is for the people to decide. And I think since your theme got so little attention...it is evident what people think of it.
    its really not my fault no one clicked on it, mostly the few about hundred people in total that clicked on it, had nothing bad to say and liked it, but the fact that no one even bother to comment it even to say something bad, it got buried bad themes that only update icons, i really think there should be a differen't category for these themes on mmi because for the most part it doesn't let the newer themers get there name heard. Its frustrating.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    Really really creative. I love it! I definitely get the MW2 vibe with this theme.

Now all you need is some US destruction to give me nightmares and some civilians getting their heads blasted as they were waiting to board their flight.
    i really hated that mission, but that proves how a great game it really is. Its epic when its supposed to be, and when its sick, it disguests you.

anyway:
    i think its great. the best ive seen so far. just one thing:
    the main menu thing ,with the four icons, there should be an opacity change, in some way. But other than that, great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    i really hated that mission, but that proves how a great game it really is. Its epic when its supposed to be, and when its sick, it disguests you.

anyway:
    the main menu thing ,with the four icons, there should be an opacity change, in some way. But other than that, great.
    lol dude, the place i hated most was the fayella in argentina

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    lol dude, the place i hated most was the fayella in argentina
    yea that mission was a pain to finish. i was on normal and it felt like insane! getting shot from everywhere, and camping felt like dudes were spawning from everywhere and i was always getting capped in the back

Thanks

ya i know

You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post

anyway:
    r u referring to the gray parts? If so I'll tweak it b4 the release this week.

its really not my fault no one clicked on it, mostly the few about hundred people in total that clicked on it, had nothing bad to say and liked it, but the fact that no one even bother to comment it even to say something bad, it got buried bad themes that only update icons, i really think there should be a differen't category for these themes on mmi because for the most part it doesn't let the newer themers get there name heard. Its frustrating.
    I agree with every single word u said.

MMI needs to have two separate sections at least... Maybe 3: Previews, New Releases, and Favorites or something like that (new releases could get moved over to favorites once they get to like 50-100 comments). It's frustrating that it only takes a day or two for ur theme to get pushed back 2 pages.

Thanks

^^ I totally agree, you don't understand how much this discourages new themers. There's so much nice themes here that don't get attention cause tge popular ones that always have icon requests push the new themes backkk and keeps them unknown. So tgats why I'm done with themeing I'll leave it to others

Thanks

I also forgot to add that all app store icons will automatically made transparent but cydia apps cannot be done this way. I have a few cydia apps already made transparent but if ppl want to post a list of cydia apps that they use, I can then include them in the release. (This also includes categories folders and webclips)

(Otherwise u will have to take care of them urself, which will prbly b the easiest icon making u will ever experience)

Thanks

ya ur all rite. and if u noticed only the known themers get a lot of comments like ebl and k nitsua. not saying anythin bad about them, but there are a lot of good themers out there that themes are seen because ppl dont know them

You too blkcadi
    Thank You.