+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Kirby Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I was looking at some of the apps and the apps that focus around games usually just compose of a picture of some character as the background and some random
    Thanks

Default [RELEASE] Kirby Theme
    I was looking at some of the apps and the apps that focus around games usually just compose of a picture of some character as the background and some random faces or icons as the app icons. I wanted to make a theme that looked really nice. I had already submitted this to cydia through bigboss. I should submit it here next time I make an app.
    It includes sounds and App Icons for iPhone users as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] Kirby Theme-1-1-.png   [RELEASE] Kirby Theme-1-2-.png   [RELEASE] Kirby Theme-1-3-.png   [RELEASE] Kirby Theme-1.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JekHazit; 11-24-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Adding Info

Thanks

I didnt work hard on this app to make it slowly fall down afew pages to never be seen again.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

It would be better if the Kirby characters actually portrayed the app they are representing.

I mean, I see "Icy", and "Voice Memo" and such. Those are pretty cool, but you could do better with the other ones.

I used to do sprite editing, it's pretty fun and, I feel, a lost art. You should try and blending with some other sprites to give it a more "customized" feel. For instance, what immediately comes to mind is getting a sprite with Kirby holding a sword, editing the sword out, and placing a sprite calculator in his hand, or even a gameboy for "games" folder (like the gameboys they held in Mario & Luigi's Superstar Saga).

Cool idea, could be executed better.

Just my two cents, though.
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JekHazit View Post
    I didnt work hard on this app to make it slowly fall down afew pages to never be seen again.
    As long as you're happy with it, that's all that should matter. I downloaded it to look at it. The 25 icons are very pixilated. Check out this thread for your next theme or to improve this one.
    My icons in photoshop are pixelated
    I hope this helps.
    The Buuf icon pack though page 350 can be found here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMHNDKA7 or for those of you who asked for Rapidshare, here, http://rapidshare.com/files/34719307...Icons.zip.html

If my post helped you, don't forget to click Thanks!

Thanks

Thanks for that. That stuff should be easy enough to do. I will be resubmitting it with alot more stuff. Including A kirby sucking up images and notes when you delete them. Ill be editing everything I can.

Thanks

JekHazit:

Here is an example of what we're talking about. The first image is what you have as your calculator icon. See how pixilated it is and that it has nothing to do with a calculator?

The second image is one I just threw together. See how it is crisp and sharp? I have him holding a calculator so that is a quick reference when somebody is looking for the calculator app on their springboard and they don't want to read the labels.

I added a phone icon too.

I hope this helps you make a better theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by uncle_don; 11-30-2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: added second icon
    The Buuf icon pack though page 350 can be found here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMHNDKA7 or for those of you who asked for Rapidshare, here, http://rapidshare.com/files/34719307...Icons.zip.html

If my post helped you, don't forget to click Thanks!