+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [iNavX] - Beta Testers Needed! [PREVIEW]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
iNavX 1.0 BETA Hey guys im going to go ahead and release this as a beta for anyone to use.I currently only have a iPod Touch version. I will be
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [iNavX] - Beta Testers Needed! [BETA RELEASE!]
    iNavX 1.0 BETA
    Hey guys im going to go ahead and release this as a beta for anyone to use.I currently only have a iPod Touch version. I will be working on an iPhone version if enough people want it. If you run into any problems or bugs just let me know on the forum or in a PM and ill try and get this fixed ASAP. Also if you need any custom icons made just let me know what you need and ill get them to you as fast as i can. If anyone has any trouble installing the theme just make a post or PM me and let me know and ill help you with it. You can also IM me on AIM at xaaronbean if you have any questions. Thanks in advance guys!

[ame="http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff116/beanx06/Ipod%20Stuff/?action=view&current=iNavX-1.flv"][/ame]

INSTALLATION

Download from Cydia:
    5 Colum Springboard
    5 Row Springboard
    5 Icon Dock
    Springjumps
    iBlank
    Battery Control ( if you dont want the battery to be displayed)
    No Clock ( to remove statusbar time)

Download Theme:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ixknmntwuuo/iNavX 1.0 BETA.rar
    Place all folders in VAR>STASH>THEMES

Setup Springboard:

Page1:
    If you dont have terminal then just put a blank icon in its spot.

Page2:

Page 3:

Page 4:

Page 5:

Page 6:

Page 7:

Open Winterboard and activate the following items, MAKE SURE THEY ARE IN THE ORDER AS SHOWN IN PICTURE OR THEME WILL NOT WORK RIGHT!!

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS POST THEM IN HERE, SEND ME A MESSAGE ON AIM (xaaronbean), OR SEND ME A PM! THANKS GUYS!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [iNavX] - Beta Testers Needed! [PREVIEW]-web.jpg   [iNavX] - Beta Testers Needed! [PREVIEW]-music.jpg   [iNavX] - Beta Testers Needed! [PREVIEW]-home.gif  
    Last edited by beanx; 11-09-2009 at 10:02 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beanx For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (11-05-2009), MuseFan288 (11-05-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've never used any of the iNav variations as of yet, but this one looks right up my alley. Sleek and grungy at the same time...lol...Nice work.

I'm pretty new to the iPod Touch modding, but I've tinkered quite a few years in the graphic design stuff as well. You have a good eye.

I'm going on vacation for a week, but I'd definitely like to check it out when I get back. Keep up the good work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks a lot man, i hope to have this released by late this weekend or beginning of next week.
    My Themes
    [iNavX]

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,196 Times in 3,337 Posts

Just a question: is this a RSS reader on your homescreen ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its on the other 3 sections (Web,Media,Apps,Games) as well. Its static so it remains int he same place at all times. I think im going to make a video showing how this theme works i think it would be best...
    My Themes
    [iNavX]

Thanks

A static rss reader ? lol
    so I think it is a rss reader on all pages. If so this is very nice and I need it hehe.
    The theme itself makes me a little bit depressive

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol yeah, after you get it installed and running right though it looks really nice, these pictures make it look kinda weird for some reason.. Ill zip up the rss feed and link it to you here in a sec..
    My Themes
    [iNavX]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here you go, to edit what RSS its displaying go into the Widget.html and edit this part

cssfeed.addFeed("CNN Top Stories", "http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss",
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Themes
    [iNavX]

Thanks

I wish people would try different things instead of bringing up old themes to reskin. This iNav theme is very dark. No color. It isn't something I would use to show off. That is just me.

So you got rid of categories (good riddance) but you have basically iNav with a rss, weather and calendar widget with an edit to the clock. Were these widgets made by you or taken from others work?

I am going to take a stab in the dark (no pun) and say this is still a battery (in respects to weather and rss widget) and memory hog. Just the basic original blue iNav took up quite a bit of memory without categories due to all the blank icons needed and those big icons don't help either. What device are you using and how is the memory/battery damage in regards to running this theme?
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The calender and RSS feed were created by me. I did get the weather widget from cydia. Yes it is just like the iNav theme i obviously wasn't trying to make my own theme, this is just my version/modification of his theme & all credit goes to reeco. I started using this theme and started customizing it to my liking and figured id release it for others that may want to use it.

In the beginning this thing was a memory and power hog as of right now i have lightened it up ALOT, i have almost the same amount of free memory using it as i would with using the WildTa theme (anywhere from 30-35mb free) The battery doesn't seem to disappear any faster just running the theme, although it does seem to deplete pretty fast while your playing a game with this theme running.

Thanks.
    My Themes
    [iNavX]

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Not bad for a first theme. Definitely included a little everything for everyone.

I personally like the dark overtone. But that's just me personally, it's usually not a popular choice.

I'd DEFINITELY recommend changing the main icons and make them your own... gives the theme a more "unique" feel instead of using the same bloody icons we've seen in over 10342308520836u5 iNAV themes. This theme is definitely different from all of those, reinforce that with your own icons.
    #eli7e revived me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks alot man, i really like the themes you have created to i have used them in the past. I did change the home screen main icon to my own and most of the other small icons in the upper left and right. I'm still in the process of getting the others swapped out i just cant figure out anything that would look better than whats already there ... If you have any ideas Nitsua to make this better or things you don't like then please let me know i like constructive criticism especially from someone that knows what they are doing
    My Themes
    [iNavX]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not bad i like the dark skin you put but like nitsua said make better icons and it will look much better
    Puerto Rico theme LOVER

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ajblue7's Avatar
    Thanks

Great job, its ok everyone needs to start somewhere, so you shouldn't be getting scheisse from nobody. Mods are where you got to start working of the core files and making it your own. great job im sure you will be working on an awesome original theme soon to come. i love the rss part, i was like oh scheisse does that actually work? when looking at the screenshots

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the input guys. I just needed to start somewhere i had no idea how iPods work code wise 3 days ago, and i think right now i pretty much have it down pretty well. I do plan on making my own theme after i get this finished and released i have a few ideas that i think will blow alot of you guys away..

Another thing.. What icons do you guys not like and think need to be changed. Is it the color? Size? or just the fact that most of them are from the original iNav theme? thanks in advance guys!
    My Themes
    [iNavX]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

It's good. It's just that the inav phase has passed away. Good theme though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if your still looking for beta testers, i'd like to try it out

Thanks

okay, thanks a lot. i manged to get the RSS Reader working for my "modmyi" theme

How can i change the refreshing time, i found somthing about refresh in the top of the html but it changes nothing ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [iNavX] - Beta Testers Needed! [PREVIEW]-img_0800.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i added some updated pictures on my main post. Changed the color of all of the main middle icons, and got all of the icons for my games skinned and the springjump setup. check it out and let me know what you think!
    My Themes
    [iNavX]

Thanks

I would personally prefer some colours in this but regardless its really nice.