Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: The OFFICIAL MODMYI-Theme
11-04-2009, 04:56 PM #1
The OFFICIAL MODMYI-Theme
THIS VIDEO IS MADE BY SIMONTAY78 (Thanky you) and NOT BY ME and he titled it so
RSS-Reader: kudos to beanx for programming this fantastic widget!
Weather/time/date widgets: i forgot and modified it so much
Weather icon graphics: HTC
NOTE: THIS IS A OLD THEME THAT HAS NEVER BEEN PORTED TO IOS4 or IPHONE 4
DONATE HERE PLEASE https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest
- a RSS-Reader on homescreen. Pressing the arrow opens your favorite newspage, set to modmyi by default
- a weather, date and time widgets
- a springjumps-bar at the top with darker buttons when pressed
- a homebutton on the bottom righ
- works with any icons set, just copy your favorite icons in the "icons" folder of this theme.
1. install "FiveIRows", "Five-Column Springboard" and "Five Icon Dock"
2. install "springjumps". Enable in the springjumps-settings Springjump Nr. 0 - 6.
Download my "New Springjumps", unzip and copy all this folders to "/applications" on your iphone, then respring
3. install "BlankNull" and "iBlank" for some blank icons we need (about 20 or 30)
4. Copy my theme to your themes folder and enable it in Winterboard (Make sure its the first theme in line)
5. Go to my theme and remove (!) the "icons" Folder, so placing the icons now is much much easier !
6. Look at the following screenshots and place all springjumps and icons like i did. Fill the spaces with blank icons
7. Now copy the "icons" folder back to my theme folder on the iphone and respring. Delete blank icons you donŽt need
8. Open the modmyi homepage with safari, save the page to your homescreen and NAME IT "RSS". After a respring this icon is tranparent, position it over the orange arrow.
(9. If you use stacks version 2 replace the default stack icons in “/Library/MobileStack”. You must rename my icons to “stack_drawer_button_single.png” (closed Icon) und “stack_drawer_button.png” (open icon).If you use stack v3 (alpha version , not on cydia) open "/applications/ stack app/" and replace the icons "icon_closed.png" and "icon_b.png" with mine.) in the settings of "stack" choose display as "image".
1. Go with a Browser to this webpage: Yahoo! Weather
2. Search for your hometown, then open "Extended Forecast"
3. Look a the topbar of the browser an youŽll find a adress like that: "http://weather....USNY0176...."
4. Now this is for example the Weather code that we need: USNY0176
5. Now on iPhone go to /Library/themes/modmyi.theme /Private/WeatherWidget/private/ and open the "configureMe.js" file with a text Editor ("Editor" for Windows) or freeware "Komodo Edit" for mac.
Change this code "USNY0176" to your hometown-code, save it and copy the file back in the folder. You can also do this directly on you iphone with "iFile"
6. Update interval: It is set to 60 minutes. Change it in the last line of the "configureme.js"-textfile
7. Change to Celsius: look in the "configureMe.js" for this: "Farenheitvar isCelsius = false" and change it to "true"
24hours clock and other languages
replace the widget.html in theme with the attached. It will change your clock to 24 hours and the date to German. YouŽll find something like "Montag" for monday and and "Januar" for January. Simply override the german months and days with your native language.
go to:/Library/Themes/modmyi.theme/widget.html and open it with for example "Editor" for windows. YouŽll find a line like ...cssfeed.addFeed("CNN Top Stories", "http:..bla bla bla". Change only this marked text to a rss feed of your choice, save it and copy the widget.html back to my theme.
If you want the clock on the StatusBar back look here:http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ml#post5029479
CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR A LARGER VIEW !
Last edited by Blue; 11-06-2010 at 10:31 AM.
The Following 81 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:
.dmg (05-24-2010), 2Qwik (07-17-2010), adityan27 (11-28-2009), AHH (11-07-2009), ai1973 (11-09-2009), ajl917 (11-20-2009), Al3z (08-31-2010), amadeus87 (09-07-2010), B1GMAN (12-15-2009), banaati (05-25-2010), BillSplate (03-23-2010), blkcadi (11-07-2009), braceyoself (11-20-2009), Broomhead (11-09-2009), c2rjay (03-08-2011), carloqt (11-07-2009), cassio299 (03-03-2010), Cevapi (11-12-2009), ChrisWise (05-23-2010), Cody Overcash (03-17-2010), Cowboy (03-29-2011), cpjr (11-07-2009), Crazier (03-30-2011), cylon401 (12-14-2009), david1205754 (11-04-2009), deathbybunnies6 (11-10-2009), dhruvmalik (06-20-2010), DoerrFan (11-10-2009), eddietah (08-29-2010), Epitome (12-27-2009), Gkm (03-29-2012), goeksel3 (12-12-2009), Hafnium (05-18-2010), hawkeye999 (05-24-2010), hhs671 (12-06-2009), iawesome (12-09-2009), IceT (11-08-2009), ikesmasher (11-28-2009), It's Mi (09-04-2010), jeanbrs (07-04-2010), Jordan Barclay (05-10-2010), Joshuawilde (08-11-2010), jun180 (01-07-2010), k.nitsua (11-12-2009), Kawi2004 (11-30-2009), Kyle Matthews (11-06-2009), Lordjegjeg (04-05-2010), m34th34d (03-16-2010), mario_adobo (09-26-2010), matthew1111 (11-22-2009), mediendoc (11-08-2009), MindGem (08-16-2010), mrmacc (11-11-2009), neoiphone (01-31-2010), Nicholas Knight (12-29-2009), noobi97 (02-11-2010), o_0! (12-08-2009), P99 (11-08-2009), Pikeii (01-01-2010), pingces (08-22-2010), plasmakirby (02-15-2010), PMO (03-19-2010), psk31 (11-08-2009), ReBourne (11-01-2010), rite2tejo (05-26-2010), roochops (05-23-2010), s0uthp013 (03-26-2010), saigon999 (12-02-2009), SharpieBandit (11-08-2009), Sinful Ryan (02-05-2010), spartanier7777 (11-03-2010), stelliejames (11-06-2009), sucram6791 (11-30-2009), therockk (05-20-2010), triphop718 (11-10-2009), UKSGreen (12-26-2009), umma_urban (12-29-2010), unmarkedcoupe (06-05-2010), zausser (12-07-2009), Zehlek (11-07-2009), Zwayne (11-10-2009)
11-04-2009, 04:57 PM #2
good stuffStorm Shadow
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM #3
Very nice start
Hmmm, might have to come up with some type of reward or giveaway for a MMi theme
11-04-2009, 05:11 PM #4
Very good theme
The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:
11-04-2009, 05:34 PM #5
Giveaways are allways wellcome
11-04-2009, 05:42 PM #6
11-04-2009, 05:56 PM #7
11-04-2009, 06:23 PM #8
Different! Can't wait till its all done
11-04-2009, 06:29 PM #9
11-04-2009, 09:05 PM #10
Can't wait to see the finished product!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:
11-04-2009, 09:16 PM #11
i like the blue and layout.....hopefully the icons are just as nice
11-05-2009, 12:52 AM #12
Thank you guys.
But I won't do 100.000 App icons. That's a job for idiots.
Maybe I work with a icon mask or let you use the icon set of your choice like I did with the Radikal theme.
So we will see...
11-05-2009, 12:59 AM #13
11-05-2009, 01:16 AM #14
I'm more interested in a Gui than in making icons. But You're right. So some icons and a template comes to my list.
11-06-2009, 03:14 PM #15
okay, no more interrest, so who cares, this is my best most detailed theme (i would say GUI)
This is a last screenshot of the final german version, now working on the english version.
After that i think about icons, but i prefer to let the user decide what icons he wants, because as usual this works with any iconsset.
11-06-2009, 06:43 PM #16
Coming along nicely. Waiting for release, kudos!
11-06-2009, 07:52 PM #17
This will be my one and only theme.
Of course, I DO think the default RSS feed should be ours. PM me an early release?.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
11-06-2009, 07:54 PM #18
Great job on this theme. And I agree, the default RSS should be the MMi one ^_^#eli7e revived me
11-06-2009, 08:35 PM #19
Sign me up for beta testing! one suggestion, make this theme fully cydia friendly so everyone can show their love for mmi
11-06-2009, 08:47 PM #20
nice!! i like it, i'd rock it when it comes out