Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wĕdaPanel - interactive weather for the lockscreen

Clever lockscreen! cant get satelite to work though

Thanks

will this be up on the ModmyI repo?

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
    Clever lockscreen! cant get satelite to work though
    SSH the iphone.Find the folder and I quote

'To configure it, find an image on your local news web site, or weather.com, etc. Right-click and view the properties, then copy it's URL (it must be an image - .png, .gif, .jpg). Paste URL into the settings.xml file.When you open the settings.xml file you will see where to include the url between > and the other <
    Then just save and respring.
    My signiture? Whats that...............

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aussiebob For This Useful Post:

Fewzz (11-03-2009)

Thanks for the tip bud but still no joy, i'm using the same location code that i use for weather elements v2 eg..

<!-- weatherLocation: use weather.com location for wedadotcom (e.g. USWA0441), zip code for accuweda (e.g. 98403) -->
    <weatherLocation>UK112</weatherLocation>

When using weather elements the weather info loads up almost instantly but when i switch to your lockscreen it just hangs on the loading. Thanks for the help so far

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch24-7 View Post
    Thanks for the tip bud but still no joy, i'm using the same location code that i use for weather elements v2 eg..

<!-- weatherLocation: use weather.com location for wedadotcom (e.g. USWA0441), zip code for accuweda (e.g. 98403) -->

When using weather elements the weather info loads up almost instantly but when i switch to your lockscreen it just hangs on the loading. Thanks for the help so far
    The same thing happens here,my location code is JAXX0066|1111169, but this is not working.
    Our city is Kozakai in Japan, I think this is the right location code,if anyone knows the different code,please tell me.

Thanks for any help!!!

In the video the date is listed under the time, I dont have that on mine, how do I get it? Thanks

i keep copying the file into winterboard and nothing happens can someone tell me where the files need to be ssh into

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebob View Post
    SSH the iphone.Find the folder and I quote

'To configure it, find an image on your local news web site, or weather.com, etc. Right-click and view the properties, then copy it's URL (it must be an image - .png, .gif, .jpg). Paste URL into the settings.xml file.When you open the settings.xml file you will see where to include the url between > and the other <
    Then just save and respring.
    Yea i tried that few times to no evail , ill try again tonight

how could I change the location in satellite view ??

Quote Originally Posted by Gipson View Post
    is it possible to combine this with, say, Matte LockInfo? if so, how?!
    I'm sure it is - it's on my list to check out...

Quote Originally Posted by mudslag View Post
    I tried using lock calendar with this but it put weda in the back ground and I couldnt do anything with it.
    When I get a chance to play around with other lockscreen widgets, I'll figure out how to easily combine wedaPanel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gipson View Post
    will this be up on the ModmyI repo?
    At some point, yes. I wanted to release it and collect feedback first. Also, I'd like to have the settings as a real app...

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch24-7 View Post

I'm pretty sure that's an AccuWeather location. Go to weather.yahoo.com and look your city up. You'll then see your location in the browser's address bar. Such as:

ht tp://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/JAXX0066.html

Quote Originally Posted by Morecos View Post
    The same thing happens here,my location code is JAXX0066|1111169, but this is not working.
    Our city is Kozakai in Japan, I think this is the right location code,if anyone knows the different code,please tell me.

Thanks for any help!!!
    Just use JAXX0066 - without the "|1111169".
    Last edited by storyr; 11-05-2009 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooropalg View Post
    and my little request ...
    I've added a couple of small tutorials on finding your weather location and radar images HERE.

The radar will get better soon. I was thinking of a "shadowbox" type scenario - where you tap on the image and it opens up full size (or something like that)...

Thanks

Bro, u are awsome. Mine works flawlessly. The satelite part is not for the noobs ( no offense ) but it is easy to follow directions folks. And I like the shadowbox idea.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stlcaddie For This Useful Post:

storyr (11-03-2009)

This is amazing. Almost makes me want to install Winterboard. But, I'll stick with WeatherIcon for now.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Spamdumpster For This Useful Post:

storyr (11-03-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by mudslag View Post
    In the video the date is listed under the time, I dont have that on mine, how do I get it? Thanks
    i'm pretty sure that's my stock setup - I don't recall turning it on anywhere (I could be wrong)...

Quote Originally Posted by bickford83 View Post
    i keep copying the file into winterboard and nothing happens can someone tell me where the files need to be ssh into
    The wedaPanel.theme folder (and all of it's contents) should be copied to /private/var/stash/Themes.USQXVJ (the USQXVJ part will be different on your device).

You then need to open Winterboard - wedaPanel should show up in the list. Tap on it to select it...
    Last edited by storyr; 11-03-2009 at 12:57 PM.

this thing is cool, but everyone is making weather and clock widgets, has anyone atempted musicplayer r maybe email or notes widgets.

Quote Originally Posted by juggz143 View Post
    this thing is cool, but everyone is making weather and clock widgets, has anyone atempted musicplayer r maybe email or notes widgets.
    those are out there to

I agree that giant clocks and weather icon themes are proliferating on the lockscreen. I would actually like to try and understand why people like those. Do they make sense for the lockscreen?

Seriously, this is no doubt a very nice interactive weather screen and there are some nice giant clocks around as well, but I question their usefulness for the lockscreen. First, I would think that most people have a wrist watch that they use as their primary time reference (or a wall clock in the office or on the desktop computer). Do you ever wake your iPhone to just check the time? I certainly never do and I doubt a lot of people do so as well. The same goes for local weather, which you can see for yourself when you're outdoors or look out the window.

So if anything, I would think that people would rather like to check the weather elsewhere, where their kids/parents/business partners, etc. live, so that if they call them they can casually mention the weather (if they want to).

In other words, while this lockscreen shows a lot of detail about weather, it's too much for a lockscreen (for the little time you typically spend on the lockscreen) and too little for a useful weather app. Likewise, the giant clocks are just space wasting eye candy with little informative value other than local time.

So please enlighten me. Are these themes popular because of eye candy or do people really consider one-trick ponies like giant clocks/weather icons as something that deserves occupying the lockscreen from a functional point of view. For example, take a look at Lockscreen Info as an alternative approach, which puts a lot more info on the lockscreen and which I find vastly more functional. Of course, eye candy is a perfectly fine reason to put something on the lock screen.
    Last edited by armadillo; 11-03-2009 at 02:41 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    So please enlighten me. Are these themes popular because of eye candy or do people really consider one-trick ponies like giant clocks/weather icons as something that deserves occupying the lockscreen from a functional point of view. For example, take a look at Lockscreen Info as an alternative approach, which puts a lot more info on the lockscreen and which I find vastly more functional.
    Wow. My two cents:

First of all, I think categorizing this as a "one-trick pony, giant weather icon" is an extreme over-generalization.

The point of this theme was a proof-of-concept - to demonstrate the capabilities of the wĕda "engine". Until now, there's been no other weather "widget" that can deliver this much data, and keep it updated consitently. I decided to take it on as my first iPhone project.

Also, the "flipping panels" demonstrate a way to put a lot of information into a small space - applicable to any kind of information delivery.

The "why?" bottom line: "Because we can."

23. The Following User Says Thank You to storyr For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (06-10-2013)

Outstanding job can not wait to see new versions of this and other ideas you might have, you have my 100% support and thanks
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

25. The Following User Says Thank You to dallasnights For This Useful Post:

storyr (11-03-2009)

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast