+ Reply
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wĕdaPanel - interactive weather for the lockscreen

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
status update: an update should be ready tomorrow...
    Thanks

out of touch

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to storyr For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (11-10-2010), SeptemberC (11-10-2010), SnowLeo (11-08-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Storyr could you also post the changes you made to fix it once you update it so people like me who have modified wedapanels w/ skyimage and themed images doesnt have to search through the update files to see what you changed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (11-10-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just checking in on the update to the DST problem, thanks for your hard work and look forward to seeing the update along with whatever new updates including retina

Thanks
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Storyr could you also post the changes you made to fix it once you update it so people like me who have modified wedapanels w/ skyimage and themed images doesnt have to search through the update files to see what you changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Just checking in on the update to the DST problem, thanks for your hard work and look forward to seeing the update along with whatever new updates including retina

Thanks
    It's taking a little longer (obviously ) because I decided to move forward with the enhancements that were already in progress, which includes multiple language support and better handling of low-to-no-signal scenarios.

I've got everything working again, but I need to address the "flashing" when the panels slide up and down. Hopefully will be out tonight...
    out of touch

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi,

This is a great lockscreen theme. I was wondering if there is a posibility to have missed calls and sms on the lockscreen screen.

It will look complete if it is possible.

Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SeptemberC's Avatar
    Thanks

@ maddogg - Intelliscreen is a great program for that

Thanks

Attached to this post is an update for wedaPanel that hopefully fixes the DST bug.

Please consider this a beta release - let me know of any issues.

Updates

► Fixed (hopefully) DST bug
    ► Added language support, BUT - not widely implemented throughout the UI yet.
    ► New setting for controlling clock source (local time or weather source city time)
    ► Stopped pre-loading the images tab. This should lower data consumption.

Known Issues

► Still see some flickering now and then in the SimpleMind theme. I really don't know what changed in iOS 4.1, but it sure messed up some stuff in SimpleMind...
    ► Even though language support is available, labels, tabs, etc. aren't translated yet.

Download on first post
    Last edited by storyr; 11-15-2010 at 09:31 AM.
    out of touch

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to storyr For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (11-12-2010), SnowLeo (11-11-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thank you seems to work pretty good, DST is fixed, the flicker is still there but oh well otherwise works great

Thanks
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dallasnights For This Useful Post:

storyr (11-11-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

► Stopped pre-loading the images tab. This should lower data consumption.
    Thanks for all your hard work. I set the forecast to data saver ("1") and noticed that there isn't a way to manually retrieve the information (which also included the moon data). Is this an all or none feature or does the normal forecast mode ("0") also include the feature to not pre-load images until the tab is selected?
    Last edited by Curious D; 11-11-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Curious D View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work. I set the forecast to data saver and noticed that there isn't a way to manually retrieve the information (which also included the moon data). Is this an all or none feature or does the normal forecast mode ("0") also include the feature to not pre-load images until the tab is selected?
    Sorry for the confusion. It's "all or none". Explanation: themePump (son of weda) is a generic library that I'm using for all of my themes. The "data saver" mode is primarily for themes that don't use forecast data at all. If you turn off forecast data - you don't get forecast data.

At some point, I'll enhance themePump to perform "intelligent" data retrieval, but it's not there yet...

Oh, your second question. No, the image tab and forecast data are not related...
    out of touch

Thanks

Storyr could you please post exactly what you changed to fix the DST bug so I can just change that stuff and keep the modifications like skyimage that Im using with wedpanel?

Weather elements in cydia has this awesome thing where it uses the file:// in safari package in order to make it so you can setup the location and stuff through a springboard app. Would you be able to do this for wedapanel? It also has an awesome GPS option so it can automatically update your location which Id love to see in wedapanel.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 11-11-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Storyr could you please post exactly what you changed to fix the DST bug so I can just change that stuff and keep the modifications like skyimage that Im using with wedpanel?
    Sorry, but I can't. I basically tore the engine out and replaced it. The folder structure has changed some. The weather class names have changed. The settings.xml file has been split - there's now a theme.xml file which contains the skyimage map, which should work just as it did before.

You'll need to adapt your mods to the new version. It shouldn't be too much work though...

Weather elements in cydia has this awesome thing where it uses the file:// in safari package in order to make it so you can setup the location and stuff through a springboard app. Would you be able to do this for wedapanel? It also has an awesome GPS option so it can automatically update your location which Id love to see in wedapanel.
    Yes, I'm familiar with file://, and have it in my radar I'll check out the location stuff too...
    out of touch

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to storyr For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (11-16-2010), SnowLeo (11-11-2010)

Thanks

Thanks but Im gonna need your help with the skyimage.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you can't interact with homescreen widgets (at least, not that i'm aware of), so wedapanel would just show the main panel. I've got a couple of weda-based homescreen widgets that i haven't released yet. Maybe i should do it...
    please release them!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Woah didnt read he said that- I agree please release them!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Case2273 View Post
    please release them!!!!!!!!!
    Woah didnt read he said that- I agree please release them!
    That quote is ancient. I'll look around and see if I can find them...
    Last edited by storyr; 11-12-2010 at 08:48 PM.
    out of touch

23. The Following User Says Thank You to storyr For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (11-16-2010)

Thanks

But what ever happened to that whole HTML5 Real Interactive Homescreen project where this one guy showed off like a real interactive yahoo and facebook widget and they were like only on one page and completelt interactive and easy to use. Then he just abadoned the project and someone else tried to take over and released a template in a thread here (I forget what its called). Of course this was back in the 3.x days so this stuff may be obsolete in 4.x but I'll see if I can still find that thread because it was supposed to completely revolutionize iphone theming and I was so excited and there were so many devs ready to use it and then they all just abandoned it ):

But cant you create widgets that are at least somewhat interactive on springboard by using lockinfo like the rotating android widget someone made and I thimk you can also make them page specific with lockinfo.

[Preview] Real Integrated HomeScreen

Gotta love my own posts:
    [Preview] Tabs - integratedSB theme concept
    Apparently I mentioned in this concept thread that relentlessdan was the one who released the PSD... This shall help me search for it lol.

[RELEASE] IntergratedSB - The template for a completely interactive homescreen.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 11-12-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

25. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (11-13-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I hope someone can help me with this. I have downloaded and unzipped this onto my desktop but I don't know how to get into it to edit the cities and the radar changes. Can someone give me instructions (in lower then layman terms) on how to not only make these changes but to get it onto my phone..Would sure like to blow the grandkids away when they come over for Dinner today..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John1177 View Post
    I hope someone can help me with this. I have downloaded and unzipped this onto my desktop but I don't know how to get into it to edit the cities and the radar changes. Can someone give me instructions (in lower then layman terms) on how to not only make these changes but to get it onto my phone..Would sure like to blow the grandkids away when they come over for Dinner today..
    I'm assuming your desktop is a pc...

• You can edit the settings.xml file on your desktop using notepad. Right-click on the file, choose "Open with" and select notepad.
    • Here's the hard part. To get the theme to your device, you'll need to use WinSCP. Start with this tutorial...
    out of touch