+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: .: MinimAlum :.

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Very nice theme bro!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Very nice theme bro!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i m having some problem here,it is weird that badges did not show up...badges are those numbers beside the icons on the springboard right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone justarry21's Avatar
    Thanks

just turn on minimalum sbbadge and put it above minimalum, you can also choose the color of your badge too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do you get the SixRows springboard tweak to work? When I install the tweak from cydia all my icons move up then go into the status bar. How can I fix this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello

i post the theme (mix with iglassify and minimalu)with the info plist , if Justarry can move the icon label under the icon

Fichier MinimAlum.zip

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a17o17ymous View Post
    How do you get the SixRows springboard tweak to work? When I install the tweak from cydia all my icons move up then go into the status bar. How can I fix this?

Well, I downloaded the tweak my self and in my opinion the tweak sucks... First off my icons go no higher than regular icons, so even those were also placed under the status bar, so my suggestion is to just scrap the "6row and 5col and 6icondock" that you have and just use 7x7SpringBoard.

If you really want to use 6row though, you will have to position each of my icons so that it is in the lower half of the image if you know what I mean... I could maybe make a droplet for you to make it go faster too, but like I said before, I really recommend just going with the 7x7SpringBoard

7. The Following User Says Thank You to justarry21 For This Useful Post:

a17o17ymous (10-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justarry21 View Post
    Well, I downloaded the tweak my self and in my opinion the tweak sucks... First off my icons go no higher than regular icons, so even those were also placed under the status bar, so my suggestion is to just scrap the "6row and 5col and 6icondock" that you have and just use 7x7SpringBoard.

If you really want to use 6row though, you will have to position each of my icons so that it is in the lower half of the image if you know what I mean... I could maybe make a droplet for you to make it go faster too, but like I said before, I really recommend just going with the 7x7SpringBoard
    Cool! I took your advice and scrapped Six Icon Dock and Five column and just installed the 7x7Springboard tweak. Now its perfect!!!

Now is there a way to get the icon names to show right under that app image? Like ibenj25 said the app name is way too low.

Thanks again!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a17o17ymous View Post
    Cool! I took your advice and scrapped Six Icon Dock and Five column and just installed the 7x7Springboard tweak. Now its perfect!!!

Now is there a way to get the icon names to show right under that app image? Like ibenj25 said the app name is way too low.

Thanks again!!!
    The only way to do this will be to shift all of the icons downward and then I would have to redesign my wallpaper layout...

If this is a popular request, I will do all of this but I simply don't have the time right now...

Thanks

I'm thinking this theme is dying out a little because of the fact that you can only download it from here at this point... I definitely plan to release to either Cydia or Rock (not sure yet) but I feel I need to polish it up a little more...

I need CRITICISM and SUGGESTIONS from everyone that has used the theme for a few days now. ANYTHING GOES!

Note: One thing I am already considering is lowering all of the icons so that the icon labels are directly underneath the icon for those like keeping the labels visible.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been using your theme since the day you posted this thread - great work bro, its the best theme i've had yet and it's definitely made my unjailbroken friends jealous.

what really attracted me to your theme was the idea that i could shrink my 3 springboard pages down to the home page, but it's not quite there yet (for me at least). whether or not that was your goal, i'm willing to bet i'm not the only one out there fiending for a mini-theme to uncomplicate their springboard and minialum comes so close to being the theme of my dreams. here is some feedback in no particular order and i hope something is helpful or at least relevant to what you're looking for:

-the theme for SBSettings does not show up in my "manage themes" did I do somethign wrong or has anyone else reported this?
    -the folders for my categories look hideous, they are too big! can you make some folder icons for categories?
    -because of the way text displays below icons i'm only using 12 icons per page in order to be able to read what the apps are. it's even worse w/ the categories page b/c of how big the icons are i can only display 9 icons. i have to make up like 30 black icons per page and i feel like there has to be a better way to go about this.
    -i see some similar suggestions but i'm gonna repeat this one anyway - i have to run a seperate mod in winterboard to get icon titles, and they show up super far below my icons. i have 2 suggestions here: move the text up, and add the option to shrink the font... otherwise the text overlaps on some them. not sure how realistic that second suggestion is, but it's just my opinion anyways.
    -this might be an issue with iblank but sometimes if i tap one of the blank icons, your loading screen comes up showing safari loading, then it goes back to the homescreen. again, not sure who's addon this is caused by but it might be something you could fix.
    -liveclock and weatherbug elite icons are both functioning perfectly - no suggestions here. stacks implementation is also beautful.
    -it took me a few days to realize what the sbbadge setting was doing , and i'm still not sure what the psds do in my winterboard settings - just a suggestion to add some more explanation for the noobs like me on your main info.

anyway heres a screenshot of my setup.

i really love how my first page looks. page 2 are those bulky, ugly categories folders i mentioned... it's also weird how it auto assigns the images for "media" and "games" - those are NOT the icons i picked in categories, but i don't think this problem is related to minialum. page 3 is the leftover icons that i'd like to keep in my homescreen but don't fit right now.

i've also been nervous about how i'm gonna update this for the next release - i'm not a total rookie but i get pretty confused when i have to SSH manually and i'm just worried about adding "junk" files and folders into the system. gogo cydia release!!
    Last edited by brobraman; 10-10-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brobraman View Post
    I've been using your theme since the day you posted this thread - great work bro, its the best theme i've had yet and it's definitely made my unjailbroken friends jealous.

what really attracted me to your theme was the idea that i could shrink my 3 springboard pages down to the home page, but it's not quite there yet (for me at least). whether or not that was your goal, i'm willing to bet i'm not the only one out there fiending for a mini-theme to uncomplicate their springboard and minialum comes so close to being the theme of my dreams. here is some feedback in no particular order and i hope something is helpful or at least relevant to what you're looking for:

-the theme for SBSettings does not show up in my "manage themes" did I do somethign wrong or has anyone else reported this?
    -the folders for my categories look hideous, they are too big! can you make some folder icons for categories?
    -because of the way text displays below icons i'm only using 12 icons per page in order to be able to read what the apps are. it's even worse w/ the categories page b/c of how big the icons are i can only display 9 icons. i have to make up like 30 black icons per page and i feel like there has to be a better way to go about this.
    -i see some similar suggestions but i'm gonna repeat this one anyway - i have to run a seperate mod in winterboard to get icon titles, and they show up super far below my icons. i have 2 suggestions here: move the text up, and add the option to shrink the font... otherwise the text overlaps on some them. not sure how realistic that second suggestion is, but it's just my opinion anyways.
    -this might be an issue with iblank but sometimes if i tap one of the blank icons, your loading screen comes up showing safari loading, then it goes back to the homescreen. again, not sure who's addon this is caused by but it might be something you could fix.
    -liveclock and weatherbug elite icons are both functioning perfectly - no suggestions here. stacks implementation is also beautful.
    -it took me a few days to realize what the sbbadge setting was doing , and i'm still not sure what the psds do in my winterboard settings - just a suggestion to add some more explanation for the noobs like me on your main info.

anyway heres a screenshot of my setup.

i really love how my first page looks. page 2 are those bulky, ugly categories folders i mentioned... it's also weird how it auto assigns the images for "media" and "games" - those are NOT the icons i picked in categories, but i don't think this problem is related to minialum. page 3 is the leftover icons that i'd like to keep in my homescreen but don't fit right now.

i've also been nervous about how i'm gonna update this for the next release - i'm not a total rookie but i get pretty confused when i have to SSH manually and i'm just worried about adding "junk" files and folders into the system. gogo cydia release!!
    Okay I'll try to resolve as many of your issues as possible..

-Are you sure that you placed "MinimAlumSB" in "mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes"?

-Yes I can make more icons for categories... The reason that Games and Media are automatically changed is because I set it up that way, it's done by matching the names of the icons in my theme's folder and the category folder that you create... You can add my icons into the place where all categories folder icons are stored, but I don't think that is recommended... it's much easier to just put the icons that you will use into my theme's folder and make sure the name matches.

-I am planning on lowering all of the icons so that you can display the icon labels without them being overlapped by other icons. It's not possible to raise the text up far enough... it starts to get cut off and then is completely hidden at a certain point...

-As far as accidentally tapping a blank icon.. you can install BlankNull from Cydia and this will make blank icons unresponsive to your touch (you can still move them, though)

-I did not intentionally add support for weatherbug elite and stacks but I'm glad they work perfectly for you...

-I did add "Readme's" in all folders in my theme but they tend to get overlooked, which is fine... The SBBadge thing is to make the notifications visible and the PSD's folder is just a folder of images that can be edited with photoshop so that you can customize the theme, it won't do anything in WinterBoard.

-I will make those extra icons that you need too... later

If you have any more questions relating to my theme or theming in general, feel free to post them, I hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justarry21 View Post
    Okay I'll try to resolve as many of your issues as possible..

-Are you sure that you placed "MinimAlumSB" in "mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes"?

it worked!!

-Yes I can make more icons for categories... The reason that Games and Media are automatically changed is because I set it up that way, it's done by matching the names of the icons in my theme's folder and the category folder that you create... You can add my icons into the place where all categories folder icons are stored, but I don't think that is recommended... it's much easier to just put the icons that you will use into my theme's folder and make sure the name matches.

cool i effin' love you.

-I am planning on lowering all of the icons so that you can display the icon labels without them being overlapped by other icons. It's not possible to raise the text up far enough... it starts to get cut off and then is completely hidden at a certain point...

-As far as accidentally tapping a blank icon.. you can install BlankNull from Cydia and this will make blank icons unresponsive to your touch (you can still move them, though)

great tip there, i'll be doin that asap

-I did not intentionally add support for weatherbug elite and stacks but I'm glad they work perfectly for you...

-I did add "Readme's" in all folders in my theme but they tend to get overlooked, which is fine... The SBBadge thing is to make the notifications visible and the PSD's folder is just a folder of images that can be edited with photoshop so that you can customize the theme, it won't do anything in WinterBoard.

-I will make those extra icons that you need too... later

If you have any more questions relating to my theme or theming in general, feel free to post them, I hope this helps.
    keep up the good work dude. donated!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to brobraman For This Useful Post:

justarry21 (10-10-2009)

Thanks

I added lowered icons by popular request! Icon labels now appear directly under the icon!

The download is in the extras section in the first post.

The download includes: about 200 lowered icons, lowered app overlays, an adjusted info.plist, and an action script and droplet. All icons are lowered 16px so anyone should be able to lower any icons that they made for their personal use.

Enjoy!

@brobraman, thanks for the donation, I hope you enjoy the new lowered icons and I will start making some more categories icons sometime this week when I find some more time! I have been really busy with my college classes and and college applications!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails .: MinimAlum :.-lowered.png  
    Last edited by justarry21; 10-11-2009 at 08:50 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to justarry21 For This Useful Post:

brobraman (10-11-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Help
    Nice theme, thanks for all of the hard work. I need some help though, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I had the theme working great with 7x7, but i just upgraded my phone and rejailbroke yesterday. And when I put the theme on my phone it wasn't working properly. All of the app store apps are not automtically shrunken anynmore, the overlay is not working. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, probably something stupid.

Thanks

Are u sure that you have turned on MinimAlum? My guess is that u have turned on a Mini"Color" theme but did not turn on the main theme... More specifically, I think Minialuminum is pretty easy to get confused with MinimAlum. If this is not the case then I am not sure what is wrong...

BTW are other parts of this theme working like loading screens? And if they aren't, do other themes still work?

Hope this helps

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I do have minimalum turned on in winterboard. Everything else with the theme, like loading screens is working fine. I have no idea what the problem could be.

Thanks

check the permissions on the icons and stuff... I think it should be 0644... check the other image permissions that are working and compare them to stuff that doesn't work.... if that doesn't work I would just doublecheck the icons folder to make sure it is exactly "Icons" and if all else fails, chances r that someone else had the same problem so check around

Good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Killa8 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I do have minimalum turned on in winterboard. Everything else with the theme, like loading screens is working fine. I have no idea what the problem could be.
    is minialum at the top of your winterboard prefs or underneath some other addons?

dunno if you tried that one already but i had to switch the order around to get badges to display.

is minialum at the top of your winterboard prefs or underneath some other addons?

dunno if you tried that one already but i had to switch the order around to get badges to display.
    Last edited by brobraman; 10-13-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, it is at the top.
    And how do I check permissions?

Thanks

Yes, it is at the top.
    And how do I check permissions?
    Okay you have to ssh into the theme and then right click an icon and then click info... if the drop down doesn't have the "info" option then whatever ftp client u r using should have a way to look at it.

Then make sure the permissions are set to 0644... check out the screenshots... The numbers have something to do with what user options u check off (read, write, execute) for each user.

Hope this works

*Fingers Crossed*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails .: MinimAlum :.-picture-1.png   .: MinimAlum :.-picture-2.png