+ Reply
Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35 758384858687 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2090

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by novadam is there any way to get the weather+date to rotate with sbrotator? it doesn't seem so, but i don't know jack about .css, so i'm hoping
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    is there any way to get the weather+date to rotate with sbrotator? it doesn't seem so, but i don't know jack about .css, so i'm hoping ....

any help appreciated ...

edit: i think i might have found a solution (pretty good tutorial online about rotation on the iphone) ... off to learn all this .html, .css, and .js stuff

still ... if anyone wanted to drop the .js, .html, and .css file just 'cause they have fun doing that stuff, that would be awesome

are u saying there is way to make widgets rotate with your device? that would be cool...more so, for the iPad

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post

are u saying there is way to make widgets rotate with your device? that would be cool...more so, for the iPad
    i'm not sure ... i really don't know WTF i'm talking about ... but here's a link i found:

iPhone Orientation [html] [javascript] [css] [safari] [ipod] [iphone] [wekbit]

i'm thinking that that, either by itself, or together with something like: How to rotate an image with CSS - O'Reilly Answers

might do the trick. i've stared at it for a while. but computer stuff really isn't my thing.

does any of that seem to make it possible?

i mean, i'm thinking the configureme.js, the widget.html, and the goc.css work together, add the orientiation.js file the first link talks about, and if one adds the portrait/landscape definitions, maybe that works? i'm way out of my league here.

p.s. if i'm wrong, just say "STFU you're wrong" rather than even trying to explain why. i won't understand.
    Last edited by novadam; 09-13-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is no way to make any wallpaper work please just put some ting better than noting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buffolus View Post
    There is no way to make any wallpaper work please just put some ting better than noting
    As I clearly explained in my first post, the 'User Wallpaper' option does NOT work on devices running iOS4!! This is not my fault..winterboard needs to be fixed!

If you would like to replace the theme wallpaper then you have to SSH into your device and manually replace the Wallpaper.png.

SSH into your device and navigate to: private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. PRO.theme - and replace the Wallpaper.png with one of your own...

Green Apple
    Thanks

G.O.C theme if dev if you are waiting for an winterboard update then it's a long wait. But for now all these users that bin having wallpaper background issue. You toyvan as the maker should have already address this these issue an complains 

Thanks

I just did! follow my instructions above and you will be able to use your own wallpaper..cheers!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not every one can ssh easley

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buffolus View Post
    Not every one can ssh easley
    I see that you are having problems and are unable to change wallpaper. This is a problem that must be fixed by other developers within the jailbreak world. We have no control over this. This theme works as it was originally released to work and other programs have made it so that some parts of it do not change over.

You have two choices, follow ToyVans guidance and learn how to SSH in and change a simple image. There are many many threads, forums, and websites that provide step by step guidance and how to SSH.

Your other choice is to not jailbreak and stay with the stock phone if you are unwilling to learn how to play in the jailbreak world. Any theme you use is going to require you to SSH in and change things like weather or wallpaper or time zones...there are many many things that have to be learned to play with exotic themes. If this is over your head then I recommend you stay with Apples version.

It is not the developers fault that you are unable to SSH in and fix your own issue. He has clearly given instruction and guidance to bypass and fix the problem caused by another program.

You have one last option...You can purchase G.O.C. HD which is designed and developed to work with the iPhone 4 and has the option to use your own wallpaper.

Hope this gets you back on track, and please dont blame the developer for your inabilities and the broken programs of others,

Thank You

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:

toyvan (09-14-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love the free version of Glass Orb Color. I bought G.O.C. Pro because I really wanted all the icons to be converted to orbs. PLUS i wanted to support the dev's and keep updated on updates. I like G.O.C. Pro, but I really like the simplicity to the Origional Glass Orb Color. Is there a way I can keep Glass Orb Color and all of its simplicity and add ONLY the auto conversion of the icons to orbs?? does this make sense?? I already have purchased G.O.C. pro, but im not a fan of all of the options it changed.

I tried checking both G.O.C. pro and the origional Glass Orb Color in winterboard, and putting the FREE Glass Orb Color on top. It did convert the icons and kept the Free version as the main one, but it also added all the G.O.C. changes too such as fonts, icon changes, color changes...ect.... these are just a few things I am trying to avoid. Is there a way I can manually add the auto ORB changer by SSH'ing that function from the bought one to the free one?? maybe a PM to tell me how to do it!?
    Last edited by turbotec; 09-16-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turbotec View Post
    I love the free version of Glass Orb Color. I bought G.O.C. Pro because I really wanted all the icons to be converted to orbs. PLUS i wanted to support the dev's and keep updated on updates. I like G.O.C. Pro, but I really like the simplicity to the Origional Glass Orb Color. Is there a way I can keep Glass Orb Color and all of its simplicity and add ONLY the auto conversion of the icons to orbs?? does this make sense?? I already have purchased G.O.C. pro, but im not a fan of all of the options it changed.

I tried checking both G.O.C. pro and the origional Glass Orb Color in winterboard, and putting the FREE Glass Orb Color on top. It did convert the icons and kept the Free version as the main one, but it also added all the G.O.C. changes too such as fonts, icon changes, color changes...ect.... these are just a few things I am trying to avoid. Is there a way I can manually add the auto ORB changer by SSH'ing that function from the bought one to the free one?? maybe a PM to tell me how to do it!?
    go here>>> http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...me-toyvan.html

read towards the top of my first post..I have provided all the info and the necessary files for u to do as your requesting

12. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

turbotec (09-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got a problem with the mobilecal.app. There will be shown no date. The app is there and everything else works just fine but only the date in the app isn't displayed... What can i do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there anyway to hide the text "Slide to unlock" everytime i get a sms in the lockscreen? (i know it is not the theme but i realy need help to get rid of it) =(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman1982 View Post
    I got a problem with the mobilecal.app. There will be shown no date. The app is there and everything else works just fine but only the date in the app isn't displayed... What can i do?
    Your problem is not related to the G.O.C. PRO theme so not sure why you posted here. I used Google and found THIS for you. Recommend you go there or go to the developers forum/thread and direct your questions to those who use the app.

Hope this helps...Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Shaozin View Post
    Is there anyway to hide the text "Slide to unlock" everytime i get a sms in the lockscreen? (i know it is not the theme but i realy need help to get rid of it) =(
    There are multiple slider selections in PRO and also available for free in Cydia title "Glass Orb Extras" There may also be some that you like in Glass Orb Color free theme that you can SSH in and pull out and put into PRO Install them and then go to WinterBoard and move your sliders to the very top and try each one until you find the one you like. I use one that is a tap function and there are no words.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Trist@n; 09-18-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There are multiple slider selections in PRO and also available for free in Cydia title "Glass Orb Extras" There may also be some that you like in Glass Orb Color free theme that you can SSH in and pull out and put into PRO Install them and then go to WinterBoard and move your sliders to the very top and try each one until you find the one you like. I use one that is a tap function and there are no words.

Good Luck
    I luv ya! =D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trist@n View Post
    Your problem is not related to the G.O.C. PRO theme so not sure why you posted here. I used Google and found THIS for you. Recommend you go there or go to the developers forum/thread and direct your questions to those who use the app.

Hope this helps...Good Luck

Good Luck
    No i got the problem with the g.o.c theme. I cant see the date in calendar... But on the screenshots of g.o.c you could see the date...

Thanks

No i got the problem with the g.o.c theme. I cant see the date in calendar... But on the screenshots of g.o.c you could see the date...
    Please post a screenshot of your homescreen and a screenshot showing your active themes in WinterBoard.

Thank You

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trist@n View Post
    Please post a screenshot of your homescreen and a screenshot showing your active themes in WinterBoard.

Thank You
    here are the screenshots of my homescreen and the settings of winterboard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0024.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0025.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0026.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0027.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0028.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0018.png  

Thanks

here are the screenshots of my homescreen and the settings of winterboard
    As I suspected, you are using the weather+date widget. Unselect it, respring and see what happens. In other words, the widget shuts of the calendar app date because the majority of users do not need two calenders on the home screen.

Another point, how do you guys keep track of WinterBoard Having all of your stuff spread over 5 pages just makes no sense at all. WinterBoard is PRIORITY specific. Whatever is at the top and check marked is priority over the next check marked item. Why do you not move ALL of your check marked items to ONE page and all at the top so you can see and manage what you are doing and using. Shuffle all unused items to the bottom and then when you have issues, its easy to shift, uncheck and test out for troubleshooting problems.

The widget and the calender app will not work together and you can drop in a different icon to hide the blank ugly red and white or you can purchase G.O.C. HD which has a transparent calender that hides underneath the widget.

Just a suggestion...Good Luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hai! I just made a new clock widget myself to go with the goc pro theme for my iphone but i got 1 problem as the timer doesnt show 00:mm , it shows 24:mm instead ='( ... any1 can help me to change it to 00:mm?

Thanks

Default Tweaks in G.O.C. Pro for iPhone 3GS & iOS4.0.1
    Greetings!

Firstly, I just wanted to thank ToyVan and all the moderators here for the wonderful Theme you have developed and supported on this forum! THANK YOU! It has provided me hours of fun and enjoyment, learning about my iPhone, and how it works and how I can "work it". I have read all 114 pages of this forum thread, and really learned a lot about how to modify my device. I hope that the support and updates will continue G.O.C. Pro for the 3GS and iOS 4 - since I would bet that most G.O.C. users, like me, have not yet been able to upgrade to the iPhone 4...

Inevitably, I have come up with a few "tweak" questions, and ask if anyone in the community could help me with the following:

1) I love the weather+date Widget, but I live in Southern California so the Weather part of it is fairly useless for me ('don't need an iPhone app to tell me what the weather is.) However, I really like the look of the date & time part of the widget (much more than the other alternative in the theme, the Date Widget "bar"), and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to disable the "weather" part of the Weather+Date Widget (delete the changing icon, city and temp, just leaving just the date & time)? I have tried to play around with the gocpro.css file located in
    /private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. PRO Weather+Date.theme/Stylesheets
    but have so far been unable to remove the weather (although as you can see from my screenshot, I was able to remove the "city" display by changing the font to 0 pt.)

2) After reading the forums, and updating to iOS v.4.01, I was wondering whether there is any real advantage to CategoriesSB over Apple's folder format? I was going to install CategoriesSB on my iPhone, but now I am not sure it is necessary.

Here are a few STATUS BAR tweaks I could use help with:

3) I would like to revert the wifi icon back to the Apple default. Can someone tell me where the files for the G.O.C. Status Bar's (peacock) wifi icon, 3G icon, and Battery % set is located? 2 prior post in this thread indicate fixes for the wifi icon, by SSH navigating to the com.apple.springboard folder, located in

library/themes/G.O.C. PRO.theme/bundles/
    and
    /private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. PRO.theme/Bundles/

respectively, and deleting the FSO_x_Airport(0-3) files. I deleted the files (in both folders), but that darn peacock remains...

4) Similarly, I would like to revert the status bar's 3G icon back to its original font/icon. A similar fix was posted on this thread, saying to SSH to the same /com.apple.springboard folder as above, and to delete the FSO_UMTS_ON.png and Default_UMTS_ON.png files. I did so, to no effect on the icon. Is there a new location in iOS4 for these icons?

5) And again, like so many other users, I would like to revert the status bar's Battery % text back to its original font/icon because it is easier to read. Again, the fix was posted on this thread, saying to SSH to the same /com.apple.springboard folder as above, and to delete the following files:

Default_Percent_X.png(0-9)
    Default_Percent_%2525.png
    Default_PercentLow_X.png(0-9)
    Default_PercentLow_%2525.png
    FSO_Percent_X.png(0-9)
    FSO_Percent_%2525.png

Again there was no effect on the font.

I have also tried to de-select ALL of the winterboard themes (except the main G.O.C. PRO theme) while making the adjustments above, but it did not help. Note that when opening some 3rd party apps, such as "iFile", the status bar reverts to its original Apple default.

I suspect that there may be a new location for all of these files in iOS4? Any advice would be appreciated..

6) Just a confirmation: The G.O.C. LiveClock issue has not yet been resolved, because there has been no update for LiveClock app compatible with iOS4. (it continues to crash my springboard). Is that correct?

7) Now that Cydia has aquired RYI, and all of the licenses have now been transferred to Cydia, can the Rock.app be deleted from my phone?

8) Is PogoPlank stable on iOS4 yet? Interesting layout, I thought I might try it.

Thanks again in advance for all the awesome help and advice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-springboard.png