Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 15 556364656667 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2090

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2000k View Post
    well getting nowhere fast here...

downloaded the update and it has changed nothing

still many icons not circles and still no dock bar
    HOW TO CLEAR ICON CACHE(iOS4)
    In order for the auto-creation of icons to work on iOS4 you must manually clear the icon cache. Please do the following:

-SSH into your device and navigate to
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache
    -Delete all the files inside the 'com.apple.IconsCache' folder
    -REBOOT DEVICE! If you only soft respring/restart your device the icons will NOT auto-create! YOU MUST REBOOT DEVICE!

iOS4 known issues:
    -Date and weather widgets not working

How to clear SpringBoard icon cache(auto-create)
    Open Rock and search for 'iWipe Cache'..install and run it. It will automate the process of clearing the icon cache and respring ur device..done! doesn't get any easier than this!(don't forget to support the developer of this convenient and FREE app).

NOTE: Make sure u have G.O.C. PRO selected in WinterBoard FIRST, before u run 'iWipeCache'. Also, if u decide to switch to another theme, u may have to repeat the above steps again when u re-enable G.O.C. PRO via WinterBoard.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:

magpie2000k (08-08-2010)

yeah mate I have tried all of these things followed instructions to the letter but no joy. still have square icons Standard ones on the bottom bar
    with version 3 installed

weather
    camera
    photos
    youtube
    stocks
    maps
    settings
    itunes
    app store
    calendar
    notes
    contacts
    cydia
    and many more still same old square icons

interestingly now I cant get the weatherSB to work either ie it doesnt show up
    Last edited by magpie2000k; 08-08-2010 at 11:46 AM.

yeah mate I have tried all of these things followed instructions to the letter but no joy. still have square icons Standard ones on the bottom bar
    with version 3 installed

weather
    camera
    photos
    youtube
    stocks
    maps
    settings
    itunes
    app store
    calendar
    notes
    contacts
    cydia
    and many more still same old square icons

interestingly now I cant get the weatherSB to work either ie it doesnt show up
    same here
    weather, calendar, contacs, calculator, notices, pictures, settings, music, clock.

just waiting for an update

[quote=Trist@n;5386727]Quick question for everyone...Does Anyone have WeatherSB up and working??? I have tried all settings and can not get a response. TV is not available on weekends so want to ask the field.

If you have it working, please tell me which settings you are using.

Thank You

3.0 Fixes the Auto Icon conversion so that you do not have to drop bubble icons in via SSH. I know that many users do not like ROCK because of past bad experiences or other users posting that they had bad experience. I on the other hand do not have any issues with ROCK, it has not caused any crashes or unexpected behavior, lag, or loss of battery since I have used it. I actually prefer ROCK over Cydia. This is just my personal preference. Cydia has been very slow in working with TV and it also has some minor problems in compatibility with 4.0

Iconoclasm works perfectly with 4.0.1, I am using it and have it set 5x5. But I am using blanks as well since I do not have the right template for my setup.

Now back to your situation:
    For your icons to work on the current version you have. You will need to follow TV's instructions in post 1 to clear the old icon catch. You will have to SSH in and delete ALL those files that are in the path he gives and REBOOT...NOT Respring, your iPhone. Then use iWipe and those that are not HD icons will convert to Orbs. Those that do not, you will have to SSH in and drop your icon into the PRO Icon folder. If you update to PRO 3.0, you will not have to do any of the above.

I have version 3.0 and Dock 1 & 2 work fine for me in the position that you have it. When I was running the previous version, I did not have either one marked and it worked perfectly. I would try unchecking the Dock 2 and respring...see what happens.

If you have Gtalk...I am live and can give further help in live chat. [email protected], let me know you are trying to contact me as I will deny anyone that I do not know or have personally invited.

Hope this helps you get going.

UPDATE: I have attached to screenshots to show my current Winterboard Setup and what it looks like on the Homescreen.
    I have been trying all morning to position my date widget like yours in your Springboard. I have all of the icons in position but nothing worked. Could you please tell me? Thank you

Look at the order in my winterboard. Use blank for blank icons to move everything else down

Thanks

Sorry all, I was doing Homework and had to step away.

Not sure what the problem is if you have updated to version 3.0. My suggestion would be to go into Cydia and select Manage/Packages and Uninstall G.O.C. PRO. Then reboot (not respring) your iPhone. Then go to ROCK and reinstall your purchase and follow all of the instructions above to clear the cache.

Please make sure you have your winterboard setup just like mine above with all the G.O.C. choices. Get it working like mine first then we can add other stuff. If you have other items selected in winterboard...uncheck them for now until we get you going.

For those asking about my setup. I have only used blank spaces to clear out the top two rows of five (using iconoclast). I am using 5x5. I then ssh into the date widget and changed some of toys positions to get it from 20px away from the top to 75px. Please make sure that you make a back up copy to your desktop before going in and playing with code and positions. I also changed the size of the bubble image, rewrote the days/months and changed font size and color. This takes trial and error and a complete understanding of SSH, coding, trial and error and accepting that you may goof it up and half to delete that html file and start over with the back up.

I do not believe that WeatherSB is operational at this time as I have tried every way possible to get it working.I believe that springjumps is still incompatible with iSO 4.0 and that we have to wait until winterboard or whatever program works the command is updated. It is not Toy's widget.

For those that want to Gtalk with me...please make a post here first so I know what your Gtalk user name is. I am very cautious who I accept and will delete anyone who is not who they say they are and need help.

Okay this is turning into a book better post it now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help me find cool dock icons please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trist@n View Post
    Mesmo, WeatherSB does not work in iSO4 or iPhone 4. Apple rewrote the program and many jailbreak themes such as winterboard have not been updated because a jailbreak was just released 2 two days ago.

It is not your firewall or anything else other then a completely different platform that has to have all themes, programs, and code rewritten.

Toy is aware of this and is working as reasonably hard and fast as he can to make it compatible with the new iSO and iPhone4. He was only able to start two days ago because of the new jailbreak release. Rest assure that what you paid for will work again, but patience and understanding is required while he rewrites all the code and programs required to run what will be the new HD version of PRO.

You are not doing anything wrong. Read some of my previous posts over the last 2-3 pages and you can still use the dock, and create the icons but they will not be high rez. I am also using Iconoclasm to get five columns, thanks to a previous poster although you will have to pay for it.

You all can get the look without the widgets for now...I have attached two screenies of how mine looks until winterboard and PRO are upgraded for the new iSO4 and iPhone4.

If you have questions, please ask and I will answer to the best of my ability. I am trying to answer all that I can so that TV can focus on rewriting the theme. Please be understanding, patient and considerate...it will come!
    Trist@n,
    I just finished updating my G.O.C. Pro to 3.0 on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.0 and I finally got everything working properly in terms of the springboard icons, including integration with Iconoclasm, Shrink, and BossPaper. Sure, the widgets, the iPod and weather masks, live clock, and weather icon are all still not working, but none of those things are that important to me right now... I'm just glad that all the apps and folders on my springboard are finally orbed!

Anyways, I saw the screenshots you attached on the post I am quoting above and I absolutely love the icons you have in your dock, especially the phone icon. Is there any way you could help me get that phone icon? I found the headphones icon (an alternate iPod icon) on ZumoDrive and I'm happy with my custom iRealSMS icon and the Firefox (Safari) icon, but I really would like to get your Mail and Phone icons on my dock, especially the Phone icon... If you could offer any help with that request I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

(Attached are pics of my current springboard, which is only 2 pages thanks to folders!)

-Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-1.png   -photo-2.png  

so is this theme complete or does it need an update? i just purchased it and i guess i need to make a few adjustments unless it is complete or we are waiting on an update. I can tell you now my phone keypad is the same.
    **will update with my problems **

Trist@n
    I have gone through all 80 somethin pages and I can't find where you got the icons from your dock....please help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelRyder View Post
    Trist@n,
    I just finished updating my G.O.C. Pro to 3.0 on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.0 and I finally got everything working properly in terms of the springboard icons, including integration with Iconoclasm, Shrink, and BossPaper. Sure, the widgets, the iPod and weather masks, live clock, and weather icon are all still not working, but none of those things are that important to me right now... I'm just glad that all the apps and folders on my springboard are finally orbed!

Anyways, I saw the screenshots you attached on the post I am quoting above and I absolutely love the icons you have in your dock, especially the phone icon. Is there any way you could help me get that phone icon? I found the headphones icon (an alternate iPod icon) on ZumoDrive and I'm happy with my custom iRealSMS icon and the Firefox (Safari) icon, but I really would like to get your Mail and Phone icons on my dock, especially the Phone icon... If you could offer any help with that request I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

(Attached are pics of my current springboard, which is only 2 pages thanks to folders!)

-Michael
    Michael, glad to see you are up and running...Toy or I will notify everyone when the other stuff is up and running but it is on other Devs to update their stuff first as I noted above.

I have also tried to repost the icons i use but they are already posted in Modmyi.com. Go to Glass Orb Color and search the threads by app name. I named every icon I posted.

Good Luck, enjoy and let me know when you find and use them

Quote Originally Posted by a.t. View Post
    so is this theme complete or does it need an update? i just purchased it and i guess i need to make a few adjustments unless it is complete or we are waiting on an update. I can tell you now my phone keypad is the same.
    **will update with my problems **
    The theme is complete but not all parts are functional due to other parts of the jailbreak world that are not updated and functional with iOS 4.0...

I have posted, starting on page 82 what is and is not functional with screen shots. Please be patient as Toy is fixing what he can but cannot test or release fixes until winterboard and other programs are updated to work with the new iOS. If you look at Post number 1, you will see it is a complete theme and ALL icons will orb except for Cydia/Rock store apps and those are available on the link I posted for Michael or in the Zumo data base posted in either thread.

Hope that answers your question...good luck, enjoy and be patient for the other stuff to become functional.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyJ31 View Post
    Trist@n
    I have gone through all 80 somethin pages and I can't find where you got the icons from your dock....please help!
    The icon thread is Glass Orb Color, they are all posted there.
    Last edited by Trist@n; 08-08-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:

a.t. (08-08-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Trist@n View Post
    The theme is complete but not all parts are functional due to other parts of the jailbreak world that are not updated and functional with iOS 4.0...

I have posted, starting on page 82 what is and is not functional with screen shots. Please be patient as Toy is fixing what he can but cannot test or release fixes until winterboard and other programs are updated to work with the new iOS. If you look at Post number 1, you will see it is a complete theme and ALL icons will orb except for Cydia/Rock store apps and those are available on the link I posted for Michael or in the Zumo data base posted in either thread.

Hope that answers your question...good luck, enjoy and be patient for the other stuff to become functional.
    cool, i was just thinking i might have done something wrong. I have been out an iphone for a year so i have been out the loop for a while. i forgot how to ssh and everything. guess im gonna have to figure that out to take care of some of my problems.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PallaZ View Post
    i don't know, if you know
    , but maybe you want to try InfiniFolders from the cydia/rockstore
    you will love it
    Thank you PallaZ, I appreciate the feedback, I actually bought Infinifolders a couple of days ago but I still need to test it further.

Trist@n, I'm interested in adding you to my contact list in GTalk and assisting you and ToyVan in testing where I can.

Thank You,

Serpent330

So, is there somewhere I can go to get a complete list of available icons or do I have to go searching through threads and pick the icons I like?

Is there gonna be an HD release? Did I purchase too soon?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyJ31 View Post
    So, is there somewhere I can go to get a complete list of available icons or do I have to go searching through threads and pick the icons I like?
    There is a data base of orbed icons HERE. They are not HD but will suffice for now until the Developers update their Apps. Those that do not Auto Create will be added to this data base or Toy may create a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by a.t. View Post
    Is there gonna be an HD release? Did I purchase too soon?
    Yes there will be an "HD" release as Toy updates PRO. To my knowledge TV will not make you repurchase a theme you have already purchased. He is upgrading PRO to work with iOS 4.0 and has already released a partial with 3.0.

I hope that answers your question.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:

a.t. (08-08-2010), DannyJ31 (08-08-2010)

Thanks for the quick replies I'll try and read most of these pages to help better my pro experience. Quick question though, is any ssh required now? That way I can brush up on it...it's been a while

Thanks
    Default Well... I got the Weather Widget working.
    Following the notes that rocky5 posted here I got my Weather Widget working by added the following to my "WeatherWidget.html" located at
    "/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. PRO_WeatherSB.theme/Private/WeatherWidget/" just after the "<script type="text/javascript" src="Wallpaper.js"/>" reference.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Sources/appleAccuweatherStolen.js"/>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Sources/yahooWeather.js"/>
    Here are the results...

-photo.png

I'm currently configured to use Yahoo Weather with my widget but I'm willing to bet this will work with Accuweather as well. I'm calling it a night.

Happy Testing,

Serpent330

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serpent330 For This Useful Post:

Chuck1969 (08-09-2010), DannyJ31 (08-09-2010), Duscarter (08-09-2010), Trist@n (08-09-2010)

Got mine working too! That's awesome!
    Next, how do I move the date widget down? Also, I'm trying to change the dock icons for ones i downloaded. Where do I SSH into to change the dock icon for iTunes?

Hi I have tried everything on here and still I cannot change the dock icons.
    I have loads of square icons using 3.0 this I can handle and manually change but the dock has got me.

I have uninstalled winterboard and GOC and reinstalled.
    I have now bough twice once from cydia and once from Rock
    I have cleared the cache so many times it isnt funny
    I have run Iwipe cache
    I have selected and unselected evrything (ie I have tried to build rock one piece at a time.

Still wont work what on earth am I doing wrong, this is driving me nuts....

Thanks for all the advice so far

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent330 View Post
    Following the notes that rocky5 posted here I got my Weather Widget working by added the following to my "WeatherWidget.html" located at
    "/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. PRO_WeatherSB.theme/Private/WeatherWidget/" just after the "<script type="text/javascript" src="Wallpaper.js"/>" reference.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Sources/appleAccuweatherStolen.js"/>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Sources/yahooWeather.js"/>
    Here are the results...

-photo.png

I'm currently configured to use Yahoo Weather with my widget but I'm willing to bet this will work with Accuweather as well. I'm calling it a night.

Happy Testing,

Serpent330
    I finally got the WeatherSB working on my springboard, many thanks Serpent330 for sharing this great info.

Dalvar3
    Last edited by Dalvar3; 08-09-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 15 556364656667 75 ... LastLast