Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVanis a discussion within the
iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launchesforums, a part of the
New Skins / Themes Launchessection;
Originally Posted by southfrisco Add it to Cydia, don't make it an exclusive with RYP. Exclusives hurt consumers they don't help them. To argue with one point made in this...
09-19-2009, 11:27 AM #81
BTW, to those of you who are making donations, by default you are receiving the download link for the iPhone theme..please let me know if you have an iPod Touch, as their is a different link for that...thanks!
09-19-2009, 01:40 PM #82
Just want to share a G.O.C mod i did. I didn't really care for the transparent dock so I raised the original one up to the same position as the new one so the SB badges wouldn't look like they were to high. Also added the icons I liked to it. If you'll notice, these icon images are actually a part of the dock itself. I found it was easier to position the icon images this way. The actual icon images are just 59x60 transparent images made with photoshop. You'll need to replace the original icon images with the provided transparent ones for it to look right. I also included a blue SB badge background. Enjoy!
09-19-2009, 01:43 PM #83
I just realized it's impossible to see the transparent icons I posted. If you can't grab em all, just grab one and rename accordingly. And here's the SB badge BG.
09-19-2009, 02:23 PM #84Weather widget
Can someone please tell me how to get the weather widget to work.....
09-19-2009, 04:25 PM #85
09-19-2009, 07:14 PM #86
Firstly - some fantastic enhancements in G.O.C. Pro.
Just a couple of questions.
1) My eyesight is not as good as it was and I find the remaining percentage of battery indication font hard to read. How can I change the font back to the standard font.
2) Where and how do I edit the sounds. I prefer no sounds when turning on/off the iPhone.
3) Where and how I do edit the theme so as to have the background and the bottom dock (with the blue globe) from the Glass Orb Colour theme.
4) With the weathericon widget, I now seem to be getting an overkill of the temperature. It appears right at the top and on the app it is at the top right in a circle as well as being within the circle of the app. How can I remove one of the two instances on the app icon?
5) Would someone please create a Wiki which power uses can add to or edit details explaining what each element of the theme does and how to extract app images and request new orb icons be created. The Wiki could also contain a repository for such icons and make finding an icon perhaps a lot easier before making a request.
6) I have not have selected the "G.O.C. Pro_DateWidget", believing that this would turn off the date display on each screen behind some of the apps. I recall in the thread that some manipulation of the top row of icons was required to "move" down the apps so as to have the date display clear. How can this feature be turned off?
7) On the Lockinfo screen, how can I change the background display? The Orb circle is distracting.
8) Being very illiterate as far as programming is concerned, is it feasible or remotely possible for this great theme to have a "ConfigureMe" option where users can modify how the they want to apply the theme?
9) I know this has probably been asked before, but has gotten lost in the numerous pages of the Glass Orb Colour theme, but how do I extract the image from apps I have which I would like to have orb icons created for?
I realise that for others the questions I've asked may not necessarily apply to them, so knowing where to edit these options would be allow me to "enhance" my experience using the G.O.C. Pro theme.
ToyVan, please do not consider my questions in any way, shape or form to be a criticism of your remarkable achievements developing a much better GUI for the iPhone than Apple's very dull and boring theme.
As a community using your fantastic theme, it can only get better and better.
09-19-2009, 08:34 PM #87Icon Requests
I've attached a zip file with all my existing apps for which no Glass Orb icon displays on my iPhone.
Could someone please create Glass Orb icons for them.
There are 42 icons in the zip file.
I hope that I have used the correct naming convention. If not, please advise me of the correct naming convention and I will rename the jpg's.
Thanks in advance.
This is one great theme.
09-19-2009, 09:09 PM #88
I change my uisounds unlock and lock back to the old sounds, my lock works but my unlock I have no sound now?!
Anyone know why this would happen?
It's named unlock.caf
09-19-2009, 09:50 PM #89
The more I look at it, the better I like it. I have decided to send you another donation just because.
Any chance you can make this iPod icon all glowy like you have the ones on the dock. I tried messing with it in photoshop but could never get quite the same effect.
Also if there is any way, if you happen to have a .psd template of the load screens so I could make my own for some other apps would be great.
I have used nothing but glass orb since it came out, you have really outdone yourself this time, worth every penny. Thanks again!!
Last edited by bmatrow; 09-19-2009 at 09:55 PM.
09-19-2009, 10:32 PM #90
I will do my best to answer some of these but the biggest thing you need to learn is to ssh and to experiment. You learn by making mistakes and recover from backup. Don't be afraid to try some things on your own otherwise you will never get out of the bou kou question phase...
Last edited by Trist@n; 09-19-2009 at 10:37 PM.
09-19-2009, 10:47 PM #91
I will try and follow through with some of your suggestions. I think my biggest problem is not knowing what the name is of the parts that I would like to change.
I have used WinSCP to ssh into my iphone and am comfortable copying files to and from my iPhone so I guess experimenting won't hurt.
I now just need to find a generic tutorial which explains all the sections on the iPhone screens so I know where I need to go to try and change the theme more to my preferences.
You've given me a good head start. Thank you very much.
I've learnt how to extract the app icon as a ".jpg", so hopefully will be able to import the converted icons without too much fuss.
09-19-2009, 11:20 PM #92
Awesome...I will do my best to help where I can and I know the regulars on here will respond as well! It helps to keep your posts a little shorter though.
I believe you will do fine with time!!!
Please hit the "Thank You" button if I have helped you, it validates my responses for others. Thank You!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:
09-20-2009, 12:25 AM #93
Okay, I've been reading this thread for a while and just donated, but I don't seem be able to find the post explaining how to install this theme.
09-20-2009, 12:34 AM #94
09-20-2009, 01:19 AM #95Background Image - How to Display
I'm starting to get the hang of ssh'ing and modifying the theme to my personal preferences.
1) In the Glass Orb Color theme I copied over to the G.O.C. Pro theme the "dock.png" and the "wallpaper.png" files. As can be seen from the attached image, the "dock" displays, but not the "wallpaper".
2) On a slightly off topic issue, I', using the categories Cydia app. How can I display the apps in each category left to right, row by row as they currently display left to right, column by column.
3) With the categories app, I also want to add blank icons so as to move the icons down so as to display the date. Is it possible to do this?
4) Sorry to be a nuisance, but how do I change the font at the top right of the image where the battery percentage is displayed as "99%" so that it is in the same font as the rest of the top line.
5) Added image showing order of what I have active in Winterboard. Is the order correct?
Thank you for helping me understand the interacies of this theme.
Last edited by Jardry; 09-20-2009 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Added 2nd image
09-20-2009, 01:36 AM #96
Great theme man.
Last edited by SuperflyJimmy; 09-20-2009 at 04:11 AM.
09-20-2009, 09:05 AM #97
The Following User Says Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:
09-20-2009, 12:44 PM #98
Just wanted to share my finished G.O.C Pro setup. And an alternate dock. This one has a bigger Firefox icon and an alternate iPod icon. All the icons are positioned better as well. The iPod icon is actually the iTunes icon from the "Macbook 3.1" theme. I like it though. If you use my docks, don't forget to go back and grab my transparent dock icons too. Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cory Gillmore For This Useful Post:
09-20-2009, 10:19 PM #99
How are updates for the theme going to work?
09-20-2009, 11:20 PM #100
I've been wondering the same thing Jimmy. But was afraid of what the answer might be. Hopefully people who've already bought the theme directly from TV will somehow still be able to easily keep it up to date. Does RYP or Cydia have a redeem code option or something like that? Will TV manually send the updates to everyone who's purchased the theme? Or are we all screwed and will have to buy the theme again once it's officially released in order to get the updates? I'd buy it again I guess if I had to....