+ Reply
Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by southfrisco Add it to Cydia, don't make it an exclusive with RYP. Exclusives hurt consumers they don't help them. To argue with one point made in this
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Add it to Cydia, don't make it an exclusive with RYP. Exclusives hurt consumers they don't help them.

To argue with one point made in this thread, installing RYP which has many reports of crashing to install this theme only to uninstall it due to crashing does not make my SSH life easier. Especially given the fact that RYP has the potential of a full restore after a crash from what I've read. I strictly stay away from Cydia apps with reports of crashes and restores because of the fact that it makes my life more difficult.
    Yea, if you've read my previous posts my tune has been changed..hopefully I will have it on RYP and Cydia soon, so everybody wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericvil View Post
    Hi! Congratulations! Perfect Theme but...ToyVan.... i donateed but no download link...help!
    Quote Originally Posted by dapperdon1974 View Post
    Just donated..great theme...but also no link ...Helppp!!!!!
    I send links manually after I receive a confirmation email from paypal...I have to sleep too ...links sent!

Quote Originally Posted by bmatrow View Post
    Donation Sent!! Thanks for all your hard work on this theme, looks great!!
    You're welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by Windmeel View Post
    Yes, it does look great. I've been finding more and more over the last few days. Well worth $2, should be charging $5 as it is clearly worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Ericvil View Post
    Thanks Toyvan!! for all hard work in this theme and received today link!!downloading!!
    hope u enjoy it!

BTW, to those of you who are making donations, by default you are receiving the download link for the iPhone theme..please let me know if you have an iPod Touch, as their is a different link for that...thanks!
    Last edited by toyvan; 09-19-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Just want to share a G.O.C mod i did. I didn't really care for the transparent dock so I raised the original one up to the same position as the new one so the SB badges wouldn't look like they were to high. Also added the icons I liked to it. If you'll notice, these icon images are actually a part of the dock itself. I found it was easier to position the icon images this way. The actual icon images are just 59x60 transparent images made with photoshop. You'll need to replace the original icon images with the provided transparent ones for it to look right. I also included a blue SB badge background. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-dock.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks

I just realized it's impossible to see the transparent icons I posted. If you can't grab em all, just grab one and rename accordingly. And here's the SB badge BG.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Weather widget
    Can someone please tell me how to get the weather widget to work.....

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
    Just want to share a G.O.C mod i did. I didn't really care for the transparent dock so I raised the original one up to the same position as the new one so the SB badges wouldn't look like they were to high. Also added the icons I liked to it. If you'll notice, these icon images are actually a part of the dock itself. I found it was easier to position the icon images this way. The actual icon images are just 59x60 transparent images made with photoshop. You'll need to replace the original icon images with the provided transparent ones for it to look right. I also included a blue SB badge background. Enjoy!
    Cool...I totally forgot to include that dock as an option w/ the GOC PRO download..also, I knew some ppl would probably want different color badges so maybe I'll make a few of those as well...good job!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin1010 View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to get the weather widget to work.....
    Cheers
    U need to first download 'WeatherIcon' from cydia..then select 'GOC WeatherIcon' in winterboard...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Firstly - some fantastic enhancements in G.O.C. Pro.

Just a couple of questions.

1) My eyesight is not as good as it was and I find the remaining percentage of battery indication font hard to read. How can I change the font back to the standard font.

2) Where and how do I edit the sounds. I prefer no sounds when turning on/off the iPhone.

3) Where and how I do edit the theme so as to have the background and the bottom dock (with the blue globe) from the Glass Orb Colour theme.

4) With the weathericon widget, I now seem to be getting an overkill of the temperature. It appears right at the top and on the app it is at the top right in a circle as well as being within the circle of the app. How can I remove one of the two instances on the app icon?

5) Would someone please create a Wiki which power uses can add to or edit details explaining what each element of the theme does and how to extract app images and request new orb icons be created. The Wiki could also contain a repository for such icons and make finding an icon perhaps a lot easier before making a request.

6) I have not have selected the "G.O.C. Pro_DateWidget", believing that this would turn off the date display on each screen behind some of the apps. I recall in the thread that some manipulation of the top row of icons was required to "move" down the apps so as to have the date display clear. How can this feature be turned off?

7) On the Lockinfo screen, how can I change the background display? The Orb circle is distracting.

8) Being very illiterate as far as programming is concerned, is it feasible or remotely possible for this great theme to have a "ConfigureMe" option where users can modify how the they want to apply the theme?

9) I know this has probably been asked before, but has gotten lost in the numerous pages of the Glass Orb Colour theme, but how do I extract the image from apps I have which I would like to have orb icons created for?

I realise that for others the questions I've asked may not necessarily apply to them, so knowing where to edit these options would be allow me to "enhance" my experience using the G.O.C. Pro theme.

ToyVan, please do not consider my questions in any way, shape or form to be a criticism of your remarkable achievements developing a much better GUI for the iPhone than Apple's very dull and boring theme.

As a community using your fantastic theme, it can only get better and better.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Icon Requests
    I've attached a zip file with all my existing apps for which no Glass Orb icon displays on my iPhone.

Could someone please create Glass Orb icons for them.

There are 42 icons in the zip file.

I hope that I have used the correct naming convention. If not, please advise me of the correct naming convention and I will rename the jpg's.

Thanks in advance.

This is one great theme.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Livin the iPhone Life Sniper488's Avatar
    Thanks

I change my uisounds unlock and lock back to the old sounds, my lock works but my unlock I have no sound now?!
    Anyone know why this would happen?
    It's named unlock.caf

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The more I look at it, the better I like it. I have decided to send you another donation just because.

Any chance you can make this iPod icon all glowy like you have the ones on the dock. I tried messing with it in photoshop but could never get quite the same effect.

Also if there is any way, if you happen to have a .psd template of the load screens so I could make my own for some other apps would be great.

I have used nothing but glass orb since it came out, you have really outdone yourself this time, worth every penny. Thanks again!!
    Last edited by bmatrow; 09-19-2009 at 08:55 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

I will do my best to answer some of these but the biggest thing you need to learn is to ssh and to experiment. You learn by making mistakes and recover from backup. Don't be afraid to try some things on your own otherwise you will never get out of the bou kou question phase...

Quote Originally Posted by Jardry View Post
    Firstly - some fantastic enhancements in G.O.C. Pro.

Just a couple of questions.

1) My eyesight is not as good as it was and I find the remaining percentage of battery indication font hard to read. How can I change the font back to the standard font.

Get rid of ALL font change apps in Cydia...There are two other ways you can assist yourself and your condition. Learn to ssh and change the font color or size or go into settings, general, accessibility, and select one of the options for the disabled.

2) Where and how do I edit the sounds. I prefer no sounds when turning on/off the iPhone.

SSH into the Pro theme folder and delete the UISounds folder

3) Where and how I do edit the theme so as to have the background and the bottom dock (with the blue globe) from the Glass Orb Colour theme.

You will have to get the dock from Glass Orb Colored and dock themes and SSH in and drop it in place of the current themed dock. Just rename it to match the name of the current dock which it has and all you have to do is delete the number.

4) With the weathericon widget, I now seem to be getting an overkill of the temperature. It appears right at the top and on the app it is at the top right in a circle as well as being within the circle of the app. How can I remove one of the two instances on the app icon?

Go into Settings, Weather Icon, and turn the icon badge off.

5) Would someone please create a Wiki which power uses can add to or edit details explaining what each element of the theme does and how to extract app images and request new orb icons be created. The Wiki could also contain a repository for such icons and make finding an icon perhaps a lot easier before making a request.

This one will probably never happen as most learn how to ssh through trial and error. It would take an extreme lot of time and detail to explain how to do all of the possibilities available in ssh.

6) I have not have selected the "G.O.C. Pro_DateWidget", believing that this would turn off the date display on each screen behind some of the apps. I recall in the thread that some manipulation of the top row of icons was required to "move" down the apps so as to have the date display clear. How can this feature be turned off?

The only thing you need from Cydia is one of the Blank space apps and create 2 or 3 blank space for each page you have. If you are using 5 rows then you will need 3, if stock then only 2 per page. Move the blank spaces just like moving any other app around the pages. If you just do not want the date widget displayed then delete that folder in Themes and/or dont install it.

7) On the Lockinfo screen, how can I change the background display? The Orb circle is distracting.

I am guessing you have the Orb Colored Battery app...uncheck it in winterboard and it will be gone...or uninstall it from Cydia...or ssh in and delete it.

8) Being very illiterate as far as programming is concerned, is it feasible or remotely possible for this great theme to have a "ConfigureMe" option where users can modify how the they want to apply the theme?

You can modify any jailbroke app. You just have to be willing to ssh in and start playing around. Before you change a file, back up that folder so that if you mess it up you can drop the back up in and replace it.

9) I know this has probably been asked before, but has gotten lost in the numerous pages of the Glass Orb Colour theme, but how do I extract the image from apps I have which I would like to have orb icons created for?

Most just google the app and search for images by the name in a 100x100px image then send it in. There are many other ways and they are explained through out this forum.

I realise that for others the questions I've asked may not necessarily apply to them, so knowing where to edit these options would be allow me to "enhance" my experience using the G.O.C. Pro theme.

You must first learn to ssh in and then go to this tree to start:
    /private/var/stash/Themes.... once you click on themes you will see the G.O.C. Pro theme that you dropped in and let the experiments began.

ToyVan, please do not consider my questions in any way, shape or form to be a criticism of your remarkable achievements developing a much better GUI for the iPhone than Apple's very dull and boring theme.

As a community using your fantastic theme, it can only get better and better.
    Just so you know...I have only been doing this for approx. 7 weeks and have not only learned how but am able and willing to answer your questions. If I answered something wrong, then one of the outstanding regulars will correct me and get you on track. If I can do it, then you can...you just have to be willing to experiment and learn from your mistakes. Some of the ssh and recoding is to complicated to explain and can only be learned from doing it and learning from mistakes. Just do NOT start changing a folder unless you have it backed up to recover from mistakes. It is really not that hard and 7 weeks ago...I jailbroke for the first time in my life and started playing with the coding in ssh. If I can do it...so can you!!!

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Trist@n; 09-19-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trist@n View Post
    Just so you know...I have only been doing this for approx. 7 weeks and have not only learned how but am able and willing to answer your questions. If I answered something wrong, then one of the outstanding regulars will correct me and get you on track. If I can do it, then you can...you just have to be willing to experiment and learn from your mistakes. Some of the ssh and recoding is to complicated to explain and can only be learned from doing it and learning from mistakes. Just do NOT start changing a folder unless you have it backed up to recover from mistakes. It is really not that hard and 7 weeks ago...I jailbroke for the first time in my life and started playing with the coding in ssh. If I can do it...so can you!!!

Good Luck!
    Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    I will try and follow through with some of your suggestions. I think my biggest problem is not knowing what the name is of the parts that I would like to change.
    I have used WinSCP to ssh into my iphone and am comfortable copying files to and from my iPhone so I guess experimenting won't hurt.
    I now just need to find a generic tutorial which explains all the sections on the iPhone screens so I know where I need to go to try and change the theme more to my preferences.
    You've given me a good head start. Thank you very much.

I've learnt how to extract the app icon as a ".jpg", so hopefully will be able to import the converted icons without too much fuss.

Thanks

Awesome...I will do my best to help where I can and I know the regulars on here will respond as well! It helps to keep your posts a little shorter though.

I believe you will do fine with time!!!

Please hit the "Thank You" button if I have helped you, it validates my responses for others. Thank You!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:

Jardry (09-19-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay, I've been reading this thread for a while and just donated, but I don't seem be able to find the post explaining how to install this theme.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuperflyJimmy View Post
    Okay, I've been reading this thread for a while and just donated, but I don't seem be able to find the post explaining how to install this theme.
    Hang in there Jimmy...he will send you the link when he gets on next...has other life as well, and then it is a matter of doing the ole ssh thing and dropping it into "themes". If you are not sure how...then google ssh and it will give you some great insight to the jailbreak world.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Background Image - How to Display
    I'm starting to get the hang of ssh'ing and modifying the theme to my personal preferences.

1) In the Glass Orb Color theme I copied over to the G.O.C. Pro theme the "dock.png" and the "wallpaper.png" files. As can be seen from the attached image, the "dock" displays, but not the "wallpaper".

2) On a slightly off topic issue, I', using the categories Cydia app. How can I display the apps in each category left to right, row by row as they currently display left to right, column by column.

3) With the categories app, I also want to add blank icons so as to move the icons down so as to display the date. Is it possible to do this?

4) Sorry to be a nuisance, but how do I change the font at the top right of the image where the battery percentage is displayed as "99%" so that it is in the same font as the rest of the top line.

5) Added image showing order of what I have active in Winterboard. Is the order correct?

Thank you for helping me understand the interacies of this theme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-iphone.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-002.png  
    Last edited by Jardry; 09-20-2009 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Added 2nd image

Green Apple
    Thanks

Great theme man.
    Last edited by SuperflyJimmy; 09-20-2009 at 03:11 AM.

Thanks

Answers are after each of your questions within your quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardry View Post
    I'm starting to get the hang of ssh'ing and modifying the theme to my personal preferences.

1) In the Glass Orb Color theme I copied over to the G.O.C. Pro theme the "dock.png" and the "wallpaper.png" files. As can be seen from the attached image, the "dock" displays, but not the "wallpaper".

Are you using BossPaper app? If so do you have the most recent version and have "Under Winterboard" turned "ON" It is at the very bottom of the app. The order you have everything in Winterboard is correct.

2) On a slightly off topic issue, I', using the categories Cydia app. How can I display the apps in each category left to right, row by row as they currently display left to right, column by column.

Open up each folder that is on your iPhone and select the "i" in the lower right corner. First two options should be "ON" and the next three options should be "OFF". At the very bottom you can choose your Icon Theme and activate G.O.C. Pro for your icons.

3) With the categories app, I also want to add blank icons so as to move the icons down so as to display the date. Is it possible to do this?

This is not possible to my knowledge. If it is, someone will have to answer that question for you. Personally, I do not think blanks are needed here as you just open the folder and make a selection and then it closes...the folder is never open long enough to be a display or require your use of the date.

4) Sorry to be a nuisance, but how do I change the font at the top right of the image where the battery percentage is displayed as "99%" so that it is in the same font as the rest of the top line.

If you are or have used "FontSwap" then you need to select the "Restore Default Fonts" option before you remove it from your iPhone or if it is still on your iPhone just use the same option. There may be other options/apps to change fonts on the status bar...someone else can answer that.

Question 5 was answered above.
    Hope that helps

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:

Jardry (09-20-2009)

Thanks

Just wanted to share my finished G.O.C Pro setup. And an alternate dock. This one has a bigger Firefox icon and an alternate iPod icon. All the icons are positioned better as well. The iPod icon is actually the iTunes icon from the "Macbook 3.1" theme. I like it though. If you use my docks, don't forget to go back and grab my transparent dock icons too. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0707.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0708.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0709.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-dock.png  

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cory Gillmore For This Useful Post:

BSMatt (11-25-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey Tov,

How are updates for the theme going to work?

Thanks

I've been wondering the same thing Jimmy. But was afraid of what the answer might be. Hopefully people who've already bought the theme directly from TV will somehow still be able to easily keep it up to date. Does RYP or Cydia have a redeem code option or something like that? Will TV manually send the updates to everyone who's purchased the theme? Or are we all screwed and will have to buy the theme again once it's officially released in order to get the updates? I'd buy it again I guess if I had to....