+ Reply
Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 71 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Hi Community, I've got huge problems with the G.O.C theme on 3.1.2 JB (geohot). I payed for it and now it doesn't laod the files. A installation with the windows
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Community,

I've got huge problems with the G.O.C theme on 3.1.2 JB (geohot).

I payed for it and now it doesn't laod the files.
    A installation with the windows lrogram doesten't work, too.

Could one please help me, i would be pleaseful if it could work!

Greets from europe,
    Hans

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi Toyvan,

I can't get RockApp to load through Cydia, I get an error message saying "size mismatch" at 7.4 kB.
    Icy won't install it either.
    I sent a donation via PayPal, hoping for a download address.

Greg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed it via Rock yesterday

Only complaint I have is that it is hard to see in direct sunlight.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hansi123 View Post
    Hi Community,

I've got huge problems with the G.O.C theme on 3.1.2 JB (geohot).

I payed for it and now it doesn't laod the files.
    A installation with the windows lrogram doesten't work, too.

Could one please help me, i would be pleaseful if it could work!

Greets from europe,
    Hans
    Hans...I understand we have a language barrier but I want to help. Let me understand your post and then I will request additional info to help you.

I understand that you are JB with Blackra1n...either way has no affect, you just need to be jailbroke, which you are.

I believe you are saying that your purchased G.O.C. Pro through Rock Your Phone. I believe your situation is that you purchased it through your computer which is fine. However, you can not install the theme using your computer. It must be installed using RockApp on your iPhone.

Log onto Cydia and do a search for RockApp and install it on your iPhone. Log into the account that you built using your PC and you should see the G.O.C. Pro purchase. Just hit the icon and it will install on your iPhone.

If that does not help...then post back....Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Gregatgmail View Post
    Hi Toyvan,

I can't get RockApp to load through Cydia, I get an error message saying "size mismatch" at 7.4 kB.

Greg
    Greg...please make sure that you have the most recent update of Cydia. RockApp should install without issue. If it does not then you may have to uninstall Cydia, then reinstall using Blackra1n.

The only reason you could get that code is a bad install of Cydia or a nerfed Jailbreak.

Hope that helps, Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
    I installed it via Rock yesterday

Only complaint I have is that it is hard to see in direct sunlight.
    This is not the theme fault, it is a result of your own settings in brightness. Try changing your settings and see if that helps. The screen was never really good in direct sunlight in the first place. The theme has no bearings on your ability to see in sunlight.

You can also SSH into the PRO theme and change the wallpaper if you believe that will help. Install the wallpaper you were using prior to purchasing the pro theme and see if that has the desired result.

Those are the only two things that you can do to possibly make viewing easier in direct sunlight.

Good Luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:

Hansi123 (11-07-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hans...I understand we have a language barrier but I want to help. Let me understand your post and then I will request additional info to help you.

I understand that you are JB with Blackra1n...either way has no affect, you just need to be jailbroke, which you are.

I believe you are saying that your purchased G.O.C. Pro through Rock Your Phone. I believe your situation is that you purchased it through your computer which is fine. However, you can not install the theme using your computer. It must be installed using RockApp on your iPhone.

Log onto Cydia and do a search for RockApp and install it on your iPhone. Log into the account that you built using your PC and you should see the G.O.C. Pro purchase. Just hit the icon and it will install on your iPhone.

If that does not help...then post back....Good Luck
    That's exactly what i meant.

I did it with you instructions but when i try to load it, it doesnt load (everything loades but not the main programm (~28mb)
    Is there any change to download it with another way

Thanks

That's exactly what i meant.

I did it with you instructions but when i try to load it, it doesnt load (everything loades but not the main programm (~28mb)
    Is there any change to download it with another way
    Ok...to help you further, please post the following screen shots of your iPhone:

1) Screen shot that shows you have RockApp on your iPhone
    2) Screen shot of RockApp open with "Manage" page and showing your Themes section.
    3) Screen shot of your Winterboard

Once I see those three things then I will know how to answer your question.

Standing by...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:

Hansi123 (11-07-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow it worked!!

The problem was just the veeery long download time.

Last but not least a little question: Where can i load extensions for this app?
    Last edited by Hansi123; 11-07-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks

Wow it worked!!

The problem was just the veeery long download time.

Last but not least a little question: Where can i load extensions for this app?
    Glad you were able to get it loaded!!!

You will have to be a little more specific...all options are in the Pro package.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rukavuda's Avatar
    Thanks

does anyone know why rock wont download via cydia ?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9020/gagaxq.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by artiomso View Post
    Hello
    i had a question when i installed this theme everything was wonderful but then somehow my slider changed and i cant change it it is always that small circle and really annoys me. I tried reinstalling theme but it didn't work. The only time i can chose slider is when i turn off R.O.C Pro Theme but leave all other stuff on like slider but when its on there is always that circle.... So how can i change it ? I really don't like that circle and is it possible to change wallpaper ?

open winterboard and make sure the slider u want is selected and moved ABOVE 'GOC PRO' theme...

Quote Originally Posted by rukavuda View Post
    does anyone know why rock wont download via cydia ?

please send a support log within the Rock app by going to manage>settings and scroll down to 'support' and then choose 'send rock support log'...I have nothing to do with technical problems, so if u just post it here they won't be aware of problems and nothing will get resolved ...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gregatgmail
    Hi Toyvan,

Greg
    Greg...please make sure that you have the most recent update of Cydia. RockApp should install without issue. If it does not then you may have to uninstall Cydia, then reinstall using Blackra1n.

The only reason you could get that code is a bad install of Cydia or a nerfed Jailbreak.

Hope that helps, Good Luck

Hi again,

I'm not very experienced at all of this, so a question--If I install RockApp and Cydia through Blackra1n will this have any effect on my existing jailbreak through Pwnage Tool?
    My current Cydia is 1.0.3044-65 which appears to be the latest.
    Remember Icy won't install on RockApp either.
    What is a nerfed jailbreak--everything else seems to work fine.

Greg
    Last edited by Gregatgmail; 11-07-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Sniper488's Avatar
    Thanks

Where is this at?

*Added 'Bluetooth' audio-source icon when in-call

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the great theme ToyVan.

I've looked in this thread and can't find a way of putting that great battery graphic on the lock screen. Is it possible, and if yes, what do I do?

Thanks again.

Greg

Thanks

im lovin this theme !
    couple of questions tho
    where do i find the compass ?
    also
    the clock on the lockscreen, my clock font hasnt changed ? any ideas why this is?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lock screen battery Percentage???
    Why doesn't the battery percentage show on my lock screen? The battery shows but not the percentage when charging. What am I doing wrong? By the way this theme is incredible. I have it working with pogoplank. Simply incredible. Thanks!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trist@n View Post

This is not the theme fault, it is a result of your own settings in brightness. Try changing your settings and see if that helps. The screen was never really good in direct sunlight in the first place. The theme has no bearings on your ability to see in sunlight.

You can also SSH into the PRO theme and change the wallpaper if you believe that will help. Install the wallpaper you were using prior to purchasing the pro theme and see if that has the desired result.

Those are the only two things that you can do to possibly make viewing easier in direct sunlight.

Good Luck
    I had the brightness turned up, it just seems to have little contrast for my old eyes I guess.

I did run into an issue yesterday (not sure what it is related too). I was in categories making a folder when I got a text message; I wasnt able to cancel/reply to the message because it was under the text input for the categories app. I ended up having to restart the phone. I dont believe this was an issue with the theme but who knows.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    Where is this at?

*Added 'Bluetooth' audio-source icon when in-call

The only thing that changed is that when you are actually in a phone call, there is a different icon for Bluetooth. It will show in the upper right corner of your pop up for choices.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Gregatgmail View Post
    Thanks for the great theme ToyVan.

I've looked in this thread and can't find a way of putting that great battery graphic on the lock screen. Is it possible, and if yes, what do I do?

Thanks again.

Greg
    Greg, there is a seperate theme that you need to download from Cydia, it is called Glass Orb Extras. This has the battery theme in it. If you have PRO is should be part of the package (I may be wrong). To be sure, take a look at winterboard, if it shows "Glass Orb Colored Battery" then you have it and may need to slide it upward to give it a higher precedence order.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by rukavuda View Post
    im lovin this theme !
    couple of questions tho
    where do i find the compass ?
    also
    the clock on the lockscreen, my clock font hasnt changed ? any ideas why this is?
    The compass is part of G.O.C. Pro, if you have purchased PRO then it is automatically there.

The font changes you see on other screen shot is from those that are running "FontSwap" from Cydia or have SSH'd in and changed the .png file or the code to the font they desire.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by scandluz22 View Post
    Why doesn't the battery percentage show on my lock screen? The battery shows but not the percentage when charging. What am I doing wrong? By the way this theme is incredible. I have it working with pogoplank. Simply incredible. Thanks!!!!
    Read my comment above in reference to where you have it placed on Winterboard. If you are using a lockscreen theme other then PRO then you will not see the Battery % icons. I am running Gruppled and Weather 3D which covers up the battery.

Hope that answers your question

Quote Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
    I had the brightness turned up, it just seems to have little contrast for my old eyes I guess.

I did run into an issue yesterday (not sure what it is related too). I was in categories making a folder when I got a text message; I wasnt able to cancel/reply to the message because it was under the text input for the categories app. I ended up having to restart the phone. I dont believe this was an issue with the theme but who knows.
    I totally understand, also that new coating that apple put on the 3GS has an effect.

Other apps that are purchased off of Cydia are not guaranteed to work with other apps. Everything is based on layers and if the developer did not allow for access to underlying apps then they will not work...a sacrifice you have to accept to use the preferred apps. I doubt you will experience that issue very often or never again once you have your category folders created. I can tell you that the PRO theme had nothing to do with your inability to respond to the text.

Hope that helps a little

Thanks

I bought the pro version off rock but we're do I find the compass? Can't seem to locate it anywhere
    pro version is paid for and installed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    No, it wouldn't be hard to make things more "user selectable", but does it make sense for the average user? IMO, no. Making every single feature "user selectable", they way u r suggesting, seems a bit much..Most people see the screenshots and expect all those features to be there once the theme is selected in winterboard...I can only imagine all the confused and angry emails I would get if I made the dialer, and calculator separate options from the main theme..!!?? the average user doesn't even know how to change their own wallpaper using the "user wallpaper" option in winterboard! I'm sorry if u don't like certain features..I can't please everyone! But from the feedback I've been getting, the majority are pleased..thanks for supporting my work..cheers

P.S. I will be more than happy to tell u which files to remove, or how to move them to separate directories so they are "YOU-ser selectable" via SSH..just let me know
    Thanks for the reply, hope you didn't take offense. My main reason for asking this is because I don't want to have to reconfigure my device every time there is an update. I kinda feel like i'm out the money I paid since I'm not using the theme, so I'd love to know how to get just the phone with the regular goc theme. pm me if you don't want to post it to the world. Thanks again man

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trist@n View Post

The compass is part of G.O.C. Pro, if you have purchased PRO then it is automatically there.

The font changes you see on other screen shot is from those that are running "FontSwap" from Cydia or have SSH'd in and changed the .png file or the code to the font they desire.

Hope that helps

Hope that helps a little

thanks trist@n
    but were exactly do i find the compass ? i mean to physically see it on screen ? or am i missing something ?