+ Reply
Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Same thing happened to me when I installed. Now its fine but I usually remove it after I have purchased what I want and then just monitor it using the
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Same thing happened to me when I installed. Now its fine but I usually remove it after I have purchased what I want and then just monitor it using the desktop app.

Just FYI.

Thanks

You lost me at RYP. If this is the future, I'd rather stay in the past...
    Come visit AlohaSoft

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i donated to the last theme but will be happy to purchase this one

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    You lost me at RYP. If this is the future, I'd rather stay in the past...
    well, if u could be so kind as to enlighten everyone as to what you have against RYP??? everyone that seems to "dislike" RYP never gives any VAILD reasons other than some mumbo jumbo comment...I bet u didn't think cydia was the future when all we had was installer?! well we all know what was the demise of installer...hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by bufflsu View Post
    i donated to the last theme but will be happy to purchase this one
    If u were one of the two people I never sent a beta link to, please PM me with ur info..cheers

Thanks

No mumbo jumbo. When RYP bullied itself onto the iPhone, people were rightfully upset. They piggybacked on Cydia and to remove the app one had to restore. So they behaved like real jerks. Just like Installer, RYP now has come to the conclusion that the de fact standard is APT management. They cherry pick apps without giving back to the community. The only free application is Clippy, which they had to make free when Apple gave us Copy/Paste. So this is an entirely commercial endeavor and not the least bit interested in helping the community. Essentially they reap the benefits of people like saurik and the dev team exclusively for profit.

You could have easily sold your theme through Cydia. This would have given you the same profits and it would have indirectly helped the community. If you think that RYP will contribute to the massive distribution of free content, you are mistaken.

Sorry, but I have not seen anything that RYP has done for the community and therefore I refuse to install their apps.
    Last edited by armadillo; 09-16-2009 at 08:58 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

6. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Li-ion (11-21-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    No mumbo jumbo. When RYP bullied itself onto the iPhone, people were rightfully upset. They piggybacked on Cydia and to remove the app one had to restore. So they behaved like real jerks. Just like Installer, RYP now has come to the conclusion that the de fact standard is APT management. They cherry pick apps without giving back to the community. The only free application is Clippy, which they had to make free when Apple gave us Copy/Paste. So this is an entirely commercial endeavor and not the least bit interested in helping the community. Essentially they reap the benefits of people like saurik and the dev team exclusively for profit.

You could have easily sold your theme through Cydia. This would have given you the same profits and it would have indirectly helped the community. If you think that RYP will contribute to the massive distribution of free content, you are mistaken.

Sorry, but I have not seen anything that RYP has done for the community and therefore I refuse to install their apps.
    well i'm not here to argue w/ u, but you're right about one thing, RYP is a commercial endeavor...considering all that I/we/you have given to this community we shouldn't feel guilty about making a dime!

Thanks

I agree. You fully deserve to be compensated. But I don't understand why you had to go to RYP. You could have gotten the same through Cydia and help the community at the same time. Actually, I think you would sell more through Cydia. You gotta support people like saurik. He even made sure people would get their signature files from Apple through Cydia. Did he charge for that incredible service? No. Can you see RYP do anything like that? Who gave you WinterBoard and MobileSubstrate?

Let me add one more thing. Cydia will alert you if you install know pirating sources but will offer to install them anyway, even if those very sources distribute contents that Cydia sells. I have no idea what RYP does, but would be curious what happens when you try and add a source that caries their cracked apps (all which are available on various hack sources). Anyone knows?
    Last edited by armadillo; 09-16-2009 at 11:11 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have had G.O.C. on my phone, and customized extensively to my liking thanks to ShowStopper, since your original launch day, TV. But I will not, and I repeat, -will not- install the piece of shite RYP code onto my personal phone device. I understand how you feel, and I understand that you indeed deserve compensation for your work.

And to that end, I'll be -more- than happy to donate directly to you via paypal, OR in the Cydia store at any moment that you'd like me to, for me to have continued updates of this Pro version.

But let me be quite clear. Whether you think that RYP is the future or not, many people (including me) use our phones as more than novelty items. My phone, while customized safely via me and me only, is a Professional Work tool that I MUST have 24/7 up and running reliably for my work. This means that I will not and cannot install code that has proven to crash mass amounts of devices leading to restores all around. No matter how you or anyone else want to argue that there is new code or new processes or a "new future", turning your attention fully away from Cydia is stupid, and a bad business model. So if you're truly after a "fully commercialized endeavor" as you claim, I can guarantee you that you WILL lose money you would be making otherwise by not at least having this theme in the Cydia store as well -as an option-.

Cydia has been proven safe, trustworthy, and professionally maintained over and over and over again. Jay is a martyr for the JB world, and goes to painstaking lengths to HELP MAINTAIN this JB community that ALLOWS beautiful themes like this onto our phones.

If not simply out of respect for that fact, then at least recognize that there are legions of us who would gladly buy this from the Cydia store, but must refuse to install that crap ware RYP on our phones for many more reasons other than "mumbo jumbo".

Please don't take this post as offensive, as its not; I highly regard your posts and themes as some of the best I've ever seen, and in fact, G.O.C. and its matching SBsettings theme have been the only main theme running on my phone (while modified, yes..) since it came out, and thats -Saying something- with me.

But don't go running to a future that wouldn't even -have- a past OR a future if it wasn't for Cydia or Jay.

P.S., Like I said, I'll donate elsewhere outside of RYP for access to this theme and subsequent updates.

P.M. me if we can make that happen. I'm also a heavy user of Xsellize forum under Scitzofrenic if you'd like to find me there.

Thanks, Scitzo.
    /end
    Last edited by scitzofrenic; 09-16-2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Typo's

10. The Following User Says Thank You to scitzofrenic For This Useful Post:

Cory Gillmore (09-17-2009)

Thanks

Thanks. Now I feel a lot less alone.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks
    Am definitely NOT installing this RYP crap on my iphone again. Installed once, and then my phone crashed, luckily I did not had to do a full restore, I just removed RYP and I was fine.

I will just donate and get the theme from Toyvan, or maybe toyvan can also put this theme up on cydia as an alternative, what do you say toyvan?

Thanks

I have always been a huge fan & follower of your work ToyV (new theme looks great), but I have 1 tooo many issues when installing anything from RYP. I will not go near it now with a 10 foot pole. Hopefully it see its way to Cydia in the future.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Thanks

Guys, let's not turn this into a Cydia vs. RYP war thread! I know everyone has their strong opinions, and I have no problem with that!

What it really comes down to is that I have tried to contact jay(saurik)several times in the past month in an attempt to obtain info in regards to getting my theme on cydia to sell commercially, w/ no reply. I am aware he probably gets hundreds, if not thousands of emails daily, so maybe he's just 2 months behind..?! plus there is no link or info on cydia that we can freely access about this, and to me this is a bummer!

Mario, dev of RYP, contacted me personally, before I had even thought of going with RYP..so, it was really a matter of first contact and then also coming to the realization that they were the underdogs, maybe not with the best reputation, but were developing and vastly improving on making things better, faster and more reliable...didn't anyone read the review on RYP made by kyle? overall it was a pretty positive review IMO..

Anyways, I am not in any exclusive contractual agreement w/ RYP, nor do I owe them my first born in the wilderness..I'd love to hear back from jay to weigh my options for a cydia release, but as of yet, no luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Southie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    What it really comes down to is that I have tried to contact jay(saurik)several times in the past month in an attempt to obtain info in regards to getting my theme on cydia to sell commercially, w/ no reply. <snip>

I'd love to hear back from jay to weigh my options for a cydia release, but as of yet, no luck!
    He has a Twitter account, have you tried that one yet?

Count me in along with those who'd love to donate to get PRO via Cydia or directly from you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    Guys, let's not turn this into a Cydia vs. RYP war thread! I know everyone has their strong opinions, and I have no problem with that!

What it really comes down to is that I have tried to contact jay(saurik)several times in the past month in an attempt to obtain info in regards to getting my theme on cydia to sell commercially, w/ no reply. I am aware he probably gets hundreds, if not thousands of emails daily, so maybe he's just 2 months behind..?! plus there is no link or info on cydia that we can freely access about this, and to me this is a bummer!

Mario, dev of RYP, contacted me personally, before I had even thought of going with RYP..so, it was really a matter of first contact and then also coming to the realization that they were the underdogs, maybe not with the best reputation, but were developing and vastly improving on making things better, faster and more reliable...didn't anyone read the review on RYP made by kyle? overall it was a pretty positive review IMO..

Anyways, I am not in any exclusive contractual agreement w/ RYP, nor do I owe them my first born in the wilderness..I'd love to hear back from jay to weigh my options for a cydia release, but as of yet, no luck!

I appreciate your response and don't know anything about RYP, however with the reputation it currently seems to have, I wouldn't want to take the risk in downloading and possibly crashing my phone. As there is no jailbreak for 3.1 on 3gs, and I unfortunately was away on vacation when everyone was backing up the appropriate files on Cydia, if my phone crashes I may not be able to restore and jailbreak again for a while. This would obviously make any theme useless to me.

I really like the updates you made and look forward to using them in a safe way

Thanks

I very much doubt that Jay has not responded to you. I will check with him right now on IRC and report back. He is unbelievably responsive. Two months - no answer? I call BS on that.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

iPhone? More like MyPhone sucram6791's Avatar
    Thanks

great theme

Thanks

So now ur gonna come to my thread and insult my character? Lol...wow armadillo...

EDIT: and for the record, i said past month, not 2 months since i've been trying to get in touch with him!
    Last edited by toyvan; 09-17-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks
    I will just wait for this PRO theme to make its way to cydia, and then buy it. Not RISKING my phone to crash again, as I have 3G S, and there is still no jailbraik for it. Am sticking to G.O.C free version for time being.

Thanks toyvan, and hopefully Jay will get back to you soon regards your PRO theme.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post
    He has a Twitter account, have you tried that one yet?

Count me in along with those who'd love to donate to get PRO via Cydia or directly from you
    thanks for the suggestion..i never thought of that...however, I feel like i'm jumping through hoops when all that info should be readily available on the cydia home page! a link, a website or something!? no, I have to tweet, email or sign on IRC, and stalk the damn guy!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks GREAT toyvan! Just donated!

FWIW, I have no issues with RYP And the new RYP UI is awesome...and fast.

ps I still love saurik too
    kwickone I.T.H.