Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] iCore X - As Requested

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default [Release] iCore X - As Requested
    Hi all, my name is Michael, and I am a newly made iPhone junkie, I haven't been clean in over 2 months now.

There are so many amazing artists and theme creators out there, that I get insanely jealous that I lack those skills, and want to change my theme every other day literally. After seeing i*citified's Core, I really wanted to try and modify it to suit me.

I am only releasing this because i*citified and several others have asked me to.
    Originally the idea was to modify and customize i*citified's Core, but the more themes I looked at and liked, the more I found myself incorporating into into this one.

This is my first attempt at a theme (and my first time using Photoshop) so please report any bugs or problems and I will try and work on them!
    For the most part though, this is just pieces of themes that I liked, and put together to form an almost 100% complete theme.
    I won't take credit for most of the images used to piece this together, I just modified some of them and customized icons, wall papers etc...
    I will try to give proper credit to the original creators, but if I forget, or you see something as yours, please let me know so I can add you!

I settled on the name iCore X; pretty simple really, the i represents the i in the many themes this was created from, such as iNav and iElegance, and of course for the iPhone itself.
    Core is for i*citified's Core theme which started this whole thing, and X for eXtras and eXtensions (extra for the other added themes I borrowed from other people, and also an extension of Core)

It should be pretty straight forward to install, I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff, so I tried to make things as simple as possible.

The things you should need to make this work:

-FiveIRows
    -FCSB
    -Categories (optional)
    -FiveIconDock (also optional, there is a 4 icon dock in there too)
    -LiveClock
    -Gruppled Lock Info Theme (optional)

Really the only page that needs icon arrangement is the home page, as the icons around the center circle are all live and useable.
    The other pages can be setup as desired. I've included a screen shot of how the icons go so that they line up as closely as possible to the icons on the wallpaper.
    (If someone can come up with an animation so that it looks like the buttons are actually pressed, that would be great!)

I've included everything I can possibly think of to help you customize this to however you like.
    This is especially for those that want to learn more about themes, I added as many different elements I could find so you could see them in action, and easily change them yourself.
    I included every .PSD, and I arranged them so that it would be easier to alter or change to your liking.
    Each PSD like the icons for example, have multiple layers that you can just turn on or off to get the icon you want, and there are over 120.
    The Icons consist of the ones in the screenshots and another set that have just a white glyph laying on top.
    The pages and wallpaper .PSD is similar, I labeled everything so it would be easier to identify, and each page's wallpaper can be turned on or off,
    as well as the headings can be renamed, just adjust the text, then save whatever page you are working on as a .png and you are done.
    Everything on every page can be easily changed or modified, or turned off (text, barbed wire, wallpaper etc...)
    I even included the .PSD for the carrier and wifi (edge, 3g) logo's so you can change them to whatever you want as well.

Once you have the above mentioned programs installed, first move or copy the Extra's folder to your desktop, in it contains all of the .PSD files, Spring Jump folders, and the SB theme, which I finally finished and got right lol.
    Next, SSH into your phone, head to the /Library/Themes folder, and drop the iCore X theme folder into there.
    Then if you want to use the SBTheme, head over to /var/mobile/Library/SBSettings and put the SB Theme there.
    After that, go to the /Applications folder, and copy over all of the SpringJumps in the Extra's folder into there as well.
    Once those steps are done, you can follow this guide: Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard - Section 27: Gruppled theme. to get the Lock Screen Info installed.
    I did modify it so that the battery images (when charging) are aligned properly , you can see this from one of the screen shots provided.

Well, I'm not really sure what else I need to say or add, I know that I have been up for over 26 hours, and have to work again in about 45 minutes lol So forgive me if this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, or if I rambled on too much!

Please leave any and all feed back and let me know what you think! Just don't be too mean , I only just got my iPhone Jailbroken, and this is my first time ever using Photoshop, so I know I suck, but it's fun, and very addicting

Hope someone out there likes it!

Michael

Credits on lot's of the internals of this theme belong to some of the following people (if I forget you please tell me so I can give proper credit):

i*citified
    8lias
    gruppler
    barsoverbeats
    littleboy
    stereo313
    bars

Here is the link for the iCore X .zip

& here are some screen shots:

Last edited by memnoch_thedevil; 08-29-2009 at 07:06 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to memnoch_thedevil For This Useful Post:

a101468 (02-06-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Looks great! Thanks for the upload

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch_thedevil View Post
    hi all, my name is michael, and i am a newly made iphone junkie, i haven't been clean in over 2 months now.
    ]
    lmao
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 08-29-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ummm do you have permission to use Gruppler's theme for LockInfo??? I see that it has been included with this theme in the screenshots and in the download.. If not, moderator please make sure he has permission

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    Ummm do you have permission to use Gruppler's theme for LockInfo??? I see that it has been included with this theme in the screenshots and in the download.. If not, moderator please make sure he has permission
    If you ha taken a minute to read my post, you would quickly realize that I stated that the gruppled lock info theme was optional, and it is also a free download to everyone, it's not a private theme. I also tried to include credit to everyone else that has a creation involved with this, and clearly stated several times that these works were not my own. I simply put them together in a manner that was pleasing to me, and modified several aspects of it. I did not want to release just because of people like you, but did any way because enough people asked me to. I am not here to hog anyones glory or take credit for something that isn't my own.

Please read through the entire post next time before replying.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Oh trust me I read the entire description. But. I'm asking if you asked Gruppler for permission to post his theme in your theme download link? I understand none of this is your work, which is why I am asking. Please ask for permission from creators before releasing something that isnt yours.

I love this mod to the Lockscreen, thanks bro!

Question, how do I get the standard clock (located on top of the screen) removed so I can just have it like your screen shots?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danniboi View Post

Question, how do I get the standard clock (located on top of the screen) removed so I can just have it like your screen shots?

I'm at work and typing this on my phone and not in fron of my pc, so I can't give a definitive answer, but if you follow the link above to the guide to the letter, you should be able to get it. If not, tomorrow when I get up, I will repost for ya, unless someone else can answer it for you before then. Good luck!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I know the answer to the question but I dont want to support this dumb theme...

I'll give you a hint though..
    - It is two words
    - The first letter of the first word is C and the last letter of the second word is E
    - It's on cydia

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jabbawalkee For This Useful Post:

danniboi (08-30-2009)

- It is two words
    - The first letter of the first word is C and the last letter of the second word is E
    - It's on cydia
    that did the trick!

Thanks

that did the trick!
    Glad you got it sorted, I was busy last night, and hadn't slept in 3 days...just got up now, but ya it's Lockscreen Clock Hide, in case anyone else asks too!

- It is two words
    - It's on cydia

You are just a giant cock aren't you? Do you approach everything in life with this bitter, arrogant attitude? I mean jesus, I made it pretty clear that most of the work wasn't mine, and I tried to include credit for everything thing that I could find and use, and included the names etc...No I didn't find the specific person and ask them, but I figured since it is already a public theme, that ANYONE can download, AND I included credit for it, that they wouldn't mind the extra exposure.

Look, already 4 people that didn't know his theme existed found it, and are using it, and they know it wasn't ME that created it, so what's the problem? I'm just some guy that got bored and played with a new toy and a few people liked what I did. So they asked me to release it, including i*citified the creator of macciti.com, so I did. Please just find something else in life to ***** about.

/end rant.

And to those that read this, and are the creators of something that I used in this theme...I apologize if I should have asked permission first to use your theme, I thought that since most of you were creative enough to expose them to people, and offer them for free to people to use, noone would be offended if someone else used it, and liked it enough to share it with others, there by furthering that artists exposure to the community.

Please pm me or post here if this is a problem, and I will gladly delete this thread, or ask a mod to close it.

And again, if you see something that is yours, please tell me so I can add your name to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    Looks good!(:
    Thanks...

i cant figure out what i'm doing wrong in the conf file on changing the location for the weather. i want to change it in the theme and lockscreen to zip code 34471 - Ocala. Can you help me out with that?

Thanks

i cant figure out what i'm doing wrong in the conf file on changing the location for the weather. i want to change it in the theme and lockscreen to zip code 34471 - Ocala. Can you help me out with that?
    Section B of the guide I linked to that explains how to do this, you need to edit the config.js file locate this string:

Code:
    var locales = [
    "your zip here", 
    ];
    insert your zip code there, do a control F if you are on a pc and inside that config, then type in the var locales, and it should find that string for you. Hope that helps

My battery icon (on the lock screen when charging) is located very low, and situated behind the unlock slider. How do I get it to be up higher and in the correct spot like in your picture?

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch_thedevil View Post
    Section B of the guide I linked to that explains how to do this, you need to edit the config.js file locate this string:

Code:
    var locales = [
    "your zip here", 
    ];
    insert your zip code there, do a control F if you are on a pc and inside that config, then type in the var locales, and it should find that string for you. Hope that helps
    I was able to figure out the lockscreen but how do i change the city inside the theme itself (pages)? TIA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scitzofrenic View Post
    My battery icon (on the lock screen when charging) is located very low, and situated behind the unlock slider. How do I get it to be up higher and in the correct spot like in your picture?

Can I see a screen shot to see what you are talking about? The battery should be in the correct position already, the .png were altered.

I was able to figure out the lockscreen but how do i change the city inside the theme itself (pages)? TIA
    You have to edit the configureME.js file inside of the Private folder located inside the main folder of iCore X.

Look for this line:

Code:
    // The location field should be a relatively machine-legible string
    // if using the default, Apple/AccuWeather parser (originally from Leopard's Weather.wdgt)
    var locale = "Flatonia, Texas" //e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio'|'Moscow, Russia'|'Ledyard, AT'|'London, UK'

Hope that helps!

Hmm...this is a great theme.I really love the look,but can't decide whether to download and use it or not.Not because I don't like it,I do.The thing is though,the amount of icons on each page doesn't suit me too well.I've got about 160 apps I believe?I don't use many of them,but I don't really want to dump them either.I like having a variety,and when getting bored while looking for another app,I can just hit on something and play that for a while.Any ideas on what to do?Lol.Also,with the top bar,you're using like springjumps there right?Would you still be able to slide between pages?If not,could you have multiple pages under one categorie? O.o That'd be awesome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HTKnightq View Post
    Hmm...this is a great theme.I really love the look,but can't decide whether to download and use it or not.Not because I don't like it,I do.The thing is though,the amount of icons on each page doesn't suit me too well.I've got about 160 apps I believe?I don't use many of them,but I don't really want to dump them either.I like having a variety,and when getting bored while looking for another app,I can just hit on something and play that for a while.Any ideas on what to do?Lol.Also,with the top bar,you're using like springjumps there right?Would you still be able to slide between pages?If not,could you have multiple pages under one categorie? O.o That'd be awesome.
    You can add more pages if you want, you are not limited to just the 4...also, with categories, you can dump all your excess icons inside those folders too, I think you can have more than 1 page, it just keeps scrolling.

Also, yes you can still scroll slide between pages, you are not stuck with just spring jumps, but they do come in handy.

Hope that helps!

I know you can add more but it won't look good if you do.That's the thing. :S Also the amount of apps I have is HUGE.With this theme,it would take WAYYY too many pages and I'm really not that much of a fan of categories..the thing for me really is half my apps are games,the others are well...apps.I don't like the idea of having this all divided.For example,scrolling the littlest bit,if at all for say Cydia apps,but having to scroll endlessly while trying to look for a game.Also,is FiveIRows something you can turn on and off?Or is it like reflective dock and automatically on?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HTKnightq View Post
    I know you can add more but it won't look good if you do.That's the thing. :S Also the amount of apps I have is HUGE.With this theme,it would take WAYYY too many pages and I'm really not that much of a fan of categories..the thing for me really is half my apps are games,the others are well...apps.I don't like the idea of having this all divided.For example,scrolling the littlest bit,if at all for say Cydia apps,but having to scroll endlessly while trying to look for a game.Also,is FiveIRows something you can turn on and off?Or is it like reflective dock and automatically on?
    I'm a little confused. If you have so many apps and games, how do you deal with it now? Just 5x5 of icons on each page? That kind of is the point of categories, it let's you split it up however you want, and the home page has an apps folder and a games folder built in. If you have photoshop, I included the PSD for the pages, which has the barbwire, the info at the top, etc..you could always make the spring jumps go to other pages, for example, when on the games page, if you put a spring jump for say page 6 where the games page is, it would be a jump to a more games page, and you could do the same on the apps page, and then continue that on for each succesive page that you need for games and apps etc...Even the PSD for the icons is there, just cut out what you want from an original icon, resize it, and drop it on top of the blank icon and you are done.

The 5iRows is on by default, but you can turn it off using Spring Board Settings.

Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast