Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] K.A.T.S. for Theme Developers (K.Nitsua' Automatic Theme Setup Guide)

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Default [RELEASE] K.A.T.S. for Theme Developers (K.Nitsua' Automatic Theme Setup Guide)

Okay guys, here you go. Start theming and making it easy on us folk installing these crazy, time-consuming, pain-staking-to-install themes.

Download KATS for Theme Developers via MEDIAFIRE

The above RAR file contains the following:

- 220 Pre-made blank icons
    - 9-12 Placeholder icons (springjump and webclip types)
    - 99 Springjump shortcuts
    - Fully-detailed PDF guide

Official clock-in time (including "resprings"):

3 Minutes and 37 Seconds

Let me emphasize something... THIS INCLUDES SSH-ing, RESPRINGS, and was my most difficult theme (thus far) to install... iNITSUA 3.0 PREMIUM!!!! In the past, this theme has been known to take well more than an hour to install manually.

Please report any issues with using this. I tried to really make it as DETAILED as possible so that ANYONE can make complex themes using this.

I forgot to mention one more thing. If you guys use it, please credit me. I know it's not something that's "revolutionary" or anything, and anyone could have figured it out - but it was a b**** putting this stuff together. I mean, come on.... 220 blank icons! 99 springjumps! Difficult? YES! I certainly don't need that many for my themes, but I figure... just in case, ya know.

All I ask is that you refer to this method, if you use it, as KATS method and somehow mention me or whatever. It's just the "nice" thing to do.

-Austin aka K.Nitsua
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -katsfordummies.jpg  
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 08-06-2009 at 03:26 PM.
    #eli7e revived me

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

dmbsituation (08-06-2009), eonC4PDA (08-06-2009), Gambit_Rah (08-08-2009), Jaholibop (08-06-2009), LigerLuvr9210 (08-06-2009), nomercy413 (02-15-2010), userwag (08-07-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,180 Times in 6,199 Posts

Awesome K, can't wait to give it a spin.

Sweet I'm going to need that! At work now so I'll have to check it out later.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Awesome K, can't wait to give it a spin.
    Sweet. You know, blkcadi, a frontpage spotlight on this would be nice ^_^. Just a thought... You know, no more spending hours installing themes is kind of a big thing, lol.

I forgot to mention one more thing. If you guys use it, please credit me. I know it's not something that's "revolutionary" or anything, and anyone could have figured it out - but it was a b**** putting this stuff together. I mean, come on.... 220 blank icons! 99 springjumps! Difficult? YES! I certainly don't need that many for my themes, but I figure... just in case, ya know.

All I ask is that you refer to this method, if you use it, as KATS method and somehow mention me or whatever. It's just the "nice" thing to do.

- Austin aka K.Nitsua
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 08-06-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    #eli7e revived me

Banned
    Thanks

I have about 400 blanks and 120 springjumps ....
    lol

nice work k.nitsua. I am using something similar on my theme.

Nice of you to make it available for all themers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pear-phone View Post
    I have about 400 blanks and 120 springjumps ....
    lol

nice work k.nitsua. I am using something similar on my theme.

Nice of you to make it available for all themers
    I made it for those of us who don't have connections and have someone who can make us an 8 column springboard =P

Did you manage to make springjumps for pages 10 & 11? Just curious.
    #eli7e revived me

Oooo can't wait for people to start releasing their themes using this so that this village idiot won't have to waste time/energy setting up the themes.

YAY great work k.nitsua
    no more troubles with theme set ups

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    I made it for those of us who don't have connections and have someone who can make us an 8 column springboard =P

Did you manage to make springjumps for pages 10 & 11? Just curious.
    nope.. I tried but... (I didn't really try every idea I had)

does WinterBoard allow wallpaper per page on page 10 11?? or spotlight????
    do you know?? I haven't tried... btw send me your skype-name via PM...
    and your email adress I will add you to the beta testers for free..

you might wanna use some infos from my theme..

Thanks

Yeah, winterboard allows per-page wallpaper on 10 and 11. Spotlight, as far as I know, is un-themeable. I have looked through all the folders in the iPhone for images relating to Spotlight and found nothing. It's probably built in the OS somewhere.
    #eli7e revived me

Banned
    Thanks

hope they add it on winterboard ... maybe as Page-1.png
    or pagespotlight.png...

Yeah, winterboard allows per-page wallpaper on 10 and 11. Spotlight, as far as I know, is un-themeable. I have looked through all the folders in the iPhone for images relating to Spotlight and found nothing. It's probably built in the OS somewhere.
    You can theme the spotlight wallpaper by naming it wallpaper.png, but that also themes any page without a custom wallpaper. That's the only way I know of...
    P.S. I will be using KATS for my theme and will definitely credit you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    You can theme the spotlight wallpaper by naming it wallpaper.png, but that also themes any page without a custom wallpaper. That's the only way I know of...
    P.S. I will be using KATS for my theme and will definitely credit you.
    Oh well, yeah, you could do that too. But I tend to use widgets that end up showing up on spotlight.
    #eli7e revived me

Oh well, yeah, you could do that too. But I tend to use widgets that end up showing up on spotlight.
    Well that won't work, good luck finding the file though.

Banned
    Thanks

jepp same here....

widgets can only be hidden if covered by the perpagewallparer (Page0-Page11)

I hope someone finds out how to do it or that winterboard will integrate it someday

Did you try Page-1 or PageS, as stupid as those sound

if you are trying to show a widget that being covered up by the perpagewallpaper you have to make the area where the widget is transparent. not sure if thats what you guys were talking about but if so thats what I did for my theme.

kinda off topic but has anyone made a springjump to the search page?

and good job k.nitsua i will try to use this with my theme as well

Banned
    Thanks

no we want to cover the widgets on the spotlightpage littleboy

page-1 won't work i think (haven't tried though)

but I need to go to sleep now.. it's been a long day

okay began to try this yesterday with my theme so far so good just a couple of questions.

1.Am i supposed to have any apps showing or is it just the webclips and the springjumps or just the default apps, the web clips and spring jumps.

2.Just want to make sure i got this down right so after a user has resprung to my springback file they would have to drag lets say a game and then put it where "replace with a game" webclip is and then afterwards delete that webclip?

Some pictures attached, the second pic is where im keeping all my apps is that supposed to be there (questions #1)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg   -img_0130.png  

Quote Originally Posted by littleboy683 View Post
    okay began to try this yesterday with my theme so far so good just a couple of questions.

1.Am i supposed to have any apps showing or is it just the webclips and the springjumps or just the default apps, the web clips and spring jumps.

2.Just want to make sure i got this down right so after a user has resprung to my springback file they would have to drag lets say a game and then put it where "replace with a game" webclip is and then afterwards delete that webclip?

Some pictures attached, the second pic is where im keeping all my apps is that supposed to be there (questions #1)
    Yep, what you are doing is fine

But im having a problem using this. i cant get the springjumps to show. i've rebooted many times. any ideas what i should do