+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Auto Meter Fuel Gauge - Battery Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I have created a beautiful black faced Analogue Fuel Gauge for the battery meter (see attached image) I would like to upload it to Cydia, does anyone know how to
    Thanks

Default Auto Meter Fuel Gauge - Battery Theme
    I have created a beautiful black faced Analogue Fuel Gauge for the battery meter (see attached image)

I would like to upload it to Cydia, does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Meter Fuel Gauge - Battery Theme-batterybg_1.png  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fisherg For This Useful Post:

1SLaMNiSsANTiTaN (07-19-2009), Crana (07-20-2009), renswic (10-21-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone 1SLaMNiSsANTiTaN's Avatar
    Thanks

nice!!

"Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock"

Thanks

Thanks.
    I submitted my battery theme via the "Host your app/theme on Cydia" banner on the left, so hopefully is should be available on Cydia soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Crana's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it 100% accurate? I had a similar theme before and it would report a different reading compared to the battery %.

Look's really nice though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crana View Post
    Is it 100% accurate? I had a similar theme before and it would report a different reading compared to the battery %.

Hi,
    The fuel gauge I used swings 270 degrees and is divided into 16 ticks.
    There are 16+1 images for the "battery" so each tick on the gauge represents 100/16=6.25%

Therefore, the gauge will display the following 17 images:
    Image # Percentage Ratio
    1 0 0
    2 6.25 1/16
    3 12.5 2/16
    4 18.75 3/16
    5 25 4/16
    6 31.25 5/16
    7 37.5 6/16
    8 43.75 7/16
    9 50 8/16
    10 56.25 9/16
    11 62.5 10/16
    12 68.75 11/16
    13 75 12/16
    14 81.25 13/16
    15 87.5 14/16
    16 93.75 15/16
    17 100 1

So it should be accurate.

Thanks

In case the text isn't clear, see snapshot of battery levels in the attached image

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Meter Fuel Gauge - Battery Theme-battery-levels.jpg  
    Last edited by fisherg; 07-20-2009 at 10:08 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fisherg For This Useful Post:

Crana (07-22-2009), magusxxx (10-28-2009)

Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fisherg For This Useful Post:

Crana (07-22-2009)

Thanks

Great The last theme I used displayed 65% when it was actually 80%... It was a similar idea, a speedometer I think. A fuel gauge is better suited anyway. Please update the thread when it's only Cydia, looking forward to trying it out!

Thanks

Great The last theme I used displayed 65% when it was actually 80%... It was a similar idea, a speedometer I think. A fuel gauge is better suited anyway. Please update the thread when it's only Cydia, looking forward to trying it out!
    Here is picture #14, which is the equivalent to 80%.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Meter Fuel Gauge - Battery Theme-batterybg_14.png  

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fisherg For This Useful Post:

Crana (07-22-2009)

Thanks

I really like this one. Please let us know when it's available for download!

Thanks

Default Auto Meter Fuel Gauge Theme files
    Theme files are attached.
    Simply copy the Auto Meter Fuel Gauge.theme folder and it's sub folders and files into /Library/Themes in the iphone using WinSCP.
    Attached Files Attached Files

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fisherg For This Useful Post:

Anopsis (07-24-2009), Crana (07-24-2009), magusxxx (10-28-2009)

Thanks

Thanks for posting this. It looks great.

Thanks

Hmm looks messed up because of my slider bar... anyone know how to get rid of it?

Also, the images seem a little choppy around the outer circle as you can see above I think I'd prefer it without the reflection, too

EDIT: Hmm, if you delete the BatteryReflectionMask.png file it looks like this:

Last edited by Crana; 07-24-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fisherg View Post
    Theme files are attached.
    Simply copy the Auto Meter Fuel Gauge.theme folder and it's sub folders and files into /Library/Themes in the iphone using WinSCP.
    Attached in ZIP format also.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default problem
    I use a theme I made with no special battery icon. I have a tap to unlock theme.

I installed the auto-meter-fuel-gauge-battery-theme both through Cydia and by downloading it to my desktop and then installing it by drag and drop.

The problem is that the theme works fine when I have my iPhone hooked up to my Mac through the usb cord or when it is plugged in with the ac adapter.

However, when I unplug the iPhone the screen immediately goes back to my other wallpaper with the clock overlay.

I have the theme at the very top of my winterboard list.

Am I doing something wrong (any suggestions) or is this the way the them is supposed to be?

Oh 2 more things.
    1. If I get rid of the tap to unlock and use the stock slider - same behavior.
    2. I have another theme installed - Apple Glass battery - which operatesd the way it should.
    Last edited by allan57; 10-25-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Battery level on lock screen only appears when phone is being charged (plugged in via USB cable)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allan57 View Post
    I use a theme I made with no special battery icon. I have a tap to unlock theme.

I installed the auto-meter-fuel-gauge-battery-theme both through Cydia and by downloading it to my desktop and then installing it by drag and drop.

The problem is that the theme works fine when I have my iPhone hooked up to my Mac through the usb cord or when it is plugged in with the ac adapter.

However, when I unplug the iPhone the screen immediately goes back to my other wallpaper with the clock overlay.

I have the theme at the very top of my winterboard list.

Am I doing something wrong (any suggestions) or is this the way the them is supposed to be?

Oh 2 more things.
    1. If I get rid of the tap to unlock and use the stock slider - same behavior.
    2. I have another theme installed - Apple Glass battery - which operatesd the way it should.
    The battery level is only shown on the lock screen when the phone is being charged (either via ac adapter of when the phone is connected to your computer). It's nothing to do with the theme, it's the way iphone works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been having one H3LL of a time gettin this gauge installed, I tried cydia and couldn't get it to work AND

I downloaded CyberDuck and the SSH thing for Cydia. To try to do it that way but can't get that to work either, I am new to jailbreaking and not sure if I am missing something or what, because when I connect using :root & pword:alpine...i cant find how to get to the themes folder or anything besides the first to folders.

I followed the directions I found searching google all night (its 5:45 AM and I have class at 10:30AM....STARTING TO GET FRUSTRATED..HAHA

MacRumors Forums - View Single Post - How do you...
    But I can't find: BSD Subsystem

but I have the ip address and username and password set...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME, IM PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!!

GO MOUNTAINEERS...!!!

^^^ BTW, I have iPHone 4, running iOS 4.1

...forgot to mention.. and maybe thats why, cuz i heard another dude on iOS 4.1 that couldnt get it to work either....

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR TIPS LET ME KNOW ASAP...!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by |_|_<>//3@R View Post
    I have been having one H3LL of a time gettin this gauge installed, I tried cydia and couldn't get it to work AND

I downloaded CyberDuck and the SSH thing for Cydia. To try to do it that way but can't get that to work either, I am new to jailbreaking and not sure if I am missing something or what, because when I connect using :root & pword:alpine...i cant find how to get to the themes folder or anything besides the first to folders.

I followed the directions I found searching google all night (its 5:45 AM and I have class at 10:30AM....STARTING TO GET FRUSTRATED..HAHA

MacRumors Forums - View Single Post - How do you...
    But I can't find: BSD Subsystem

but I have the ip address and username and password set...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME, IM PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!!

GO MOUNTAINEERS...!!!

^^^ BTW, I have iPHone 4, running iOS 4.1

...forgot to mention.. and maybe thats why, cuz i heard another dude on iOS 4.1 that couldnt get it to work either....

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR TIPS LET ME KNOW ASAP...!!!!!
    Hi,
    I created this battery theme and I've tested it on an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.1.
    Unfortunately I can't upgrade to an iphone 4 until next November (by then it will probably be iphone 5 )
    Installing this theme is very simple:
    1. Install this theme via Cydia
    2. Enable it in Winterboard (make sure it has a check mark and is above any other battery theme in the theme list).

Let me know if the theme still doesn't work after diong these 2 steps.

It could very well be that it doesn't work on the iphone 4 as the iphone 4 has double resolution and uses other files (with @2x suffix) that are double resolution.

If that's the case, I can create the @2x files and test bench the theme with my brother who recently bought an iphone 4 and has it jailbroken.

Guy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fisherg View Post
    Hi,
    I created this battery theme and I've tested it on an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.1.
    Unfortunately I can't upgrade to an iphone 4 until next November (by then it will probably be iphone 5 )
    Installing this theme is very simple:
    1. Install this theme via Cydia
    2. Enable it in Winterboard (make sure it has a check mark and is above any other battery theme in the theme list).

Let me know if the theme still doesn't work after diong these 2 steps.

It could very well be that it doesn't work on the iphone 4 as the iphone 4 has double resolution and uses other files (with @2x suffix) that are double resolution.

If that's the case, I can create the @2x files and test bench the theme with my brother who recently bought an iphone 4 and has it jailbroken.

Guy.
    Yea, I have been starting to realize that a lot of these battery themes arent compatible with Ios4.1 OR iPhone 4's as of yet. I will try it the "easy" way thru cydia and let you know in about two min (im doing it as we speak) I have been just confusing myself trying to do the openssh and use cyber duck, maybe im not as smart as i thought. I figured it cant be THAT hard, but my friend I was wrong!! haha. so ill let you know in a minute cuz your gauge is sick and I REALLY want it on my iPhone 4. LOL