Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ..• iElegance •.. •PRO•

Hmmm... I took another look at the screenshots and I'm wondering whether these are actual screenshots or mockups. From what I can tell, there is a Compass icon (in the dock at the right), so this would seem to be a 3GS iPhone. If so, all icons would have to be inside app bundles, since WinterBoard does not work on 3GS yet. The keyboard image is weird, since it has the speaker image layered on top of the keyboard. How did it get there? Can you shed some light on this?
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks everyone for the comments! All feedback is always appreciated! I actually finished settings application while reading feedback... The image of the keyboard is a "mock up". There is no way that I have found to skin it on 3.0 yet. I did however make the keyboard shown for 2.2.1 firmware. I also did this one:

The compass icon is what I am using for safari at the moment. There is nothing else on the pictures that is mocked(I dont have time to make mocked images). I have not decided on the final keyboard that will be released for this theme yet. I do know that it will be bad a*%...
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 07-04-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Okay. I really had hoped that you found a way to display the keyboard, since that remains the ultimate challenge on 3.0. But your last keyboard is interesting too, since you seem to have been able to change the font color of the "space" and "Search" buttons. This is one of the biggest problems I have found in skinning keyboards, because that text is programmatically generated by the system. Unfortunatly, it looks butt ugly on most modded keyboards unless you make the space bar similar in color to Apple's default. It certainly looks terrible on black keys. So how did you change the color from grey to black? Or is this also a mockup?
    Come visit AlohaSoft

If you have a question about a keyboard feel free to PM me...
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 07-04-2009 at 04:55 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

blast123 (07-04-2009)

Thanks

Looks great!
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to soto806 For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (07-04-2009)

wow dude i love ur themes man cant wait for ur release

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blast123 For This Useful Post:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ebl4287 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Guys! I started on the keyboard today...Settings app completed today, and a few new Icons... Moing right along...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

Gunspeed (06-05-2012)

Wow Bars! I didn't think Pro could be that much better than your other theme, since the old one was so good, but I was wrong. This outdoes your old theme in every way. Great job!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsmaniac1322 For This Useful Post:

Another great theme, kudos! Waiting for it's release.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Very nice theme!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to A Retired Mod For This Useful Post:

shoemocker (07-05-2009)

lol now i gotta follow 2 themes haha. is this considered an upgrade to the first theme or a COMPLETELY new theme?

Besides a couple of UIImages, almost everything is new. So this will not be an update, but its a whole new theme. PRO

Somehow I think I'm not gonna be the popular guy in the room, but someone's gotta say it.

Bars I don't like this theme. Your last theme rocked because of the simplicity. The black leather backgrounds.

This theme? Its the same thing as iElegance, just with different graphics. Sure, you got an all new dialer. You actually removed the coolest thing about the old one... the black leather. To put in blue lightning. If this is supposed to be a "Pro" theme as in professional, you should have left the black leather on it. Professional gives off the connotation that it'd be suitable in the business environment. With the minimalist background, no name tags and the squared off icons, it WAS a pro theme. But I could be misinterpreting this. IDK.

That being said, Pro is just iElegance with different graphics. The square icons, no name tags, its just very ... blah. I know everyone else here is "flipping out" over it. I'm just telling you from my perspective how I see it. I can tell you that more than anything when I showed off your theme, people ooh'ed and ahhh'ed over the black leather backdrop and the simplistic design.

I'll look forward to another design from you, but this one isn't it. It doesn't feel very inspired. It doesn't feel very different. I had high hopes that this theme would have been something awesome. Instead you've copied the basics and changed the details. Good luck.

And for those of you whom will inevitably feel the need to tell me to stick it in my ear... please. Remember that it IS the 4th, and having the freedom to say and think what I want about my own opinion is what makes this country great. However I'm sure you'll still feel the need to "stick up" for bars, remember that opinions are like your ***, everyone has one, they all stink and we're all full of ****.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

I like it, I like the lower clock location, hope we get the keyboards working soon!

Like some of the old load screens, I like the dock too!

Quote from my first post "Short and sweet. iElegance on Beta-Carotene." So yes this is very similar to one of the MOST popular themes ever released on this forum. This is much cleaner than iElegance. Hence the name "PRO." All graphics are changing besides the icons. I was ready for some HUGE changes, but I was not ready to let go of the icons. And believe me that when you touch this thing, I do believe that you will be impressed. If not no biggie.

Theme on!....and on and on and on....
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 07-05-2009 at 11:51 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

xxfr0stbytexx (07-12-2009)

niiice. cant wait! bars does it again!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to toawkanavngthded For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (07-05-2009)

I will be trying my best to get this out to the beta team before Friday... I have a busy day today. Tommorow I will be trying to finish up. I also promised the beta team the PSD's for the icons and and tut video on how to make them. UISounds will prob not be in the beta... I will see what I can do.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bishopazrael View Post
    Somehow I think I'm not gonna be the popular guy in the room, but someone's gotta say it.

Bars I don't like this theme. Your last theme rocked because of the simplicity. The black leather backgrounds.

This theme? Its the same thing as iElegance, just with different graphics. Sure, you got an all new dialer. You actually removed the coolest thing about the old one... the black leather. To put in blue lightning. If this is supposed to be a "Pro" theme as in professional, you should have left the black leather on it. Professional gives off the connotation that it'd be suitable in the business environment. With the minimalist background, no name tags and the squared off icons, it WAS a pro theme. But I could be misinterpreting this. IDK.

That being said, Pro is just iElegance with different graphics. The square icons, no name tags, its just very ... blah. I know everyone else here is "flipping out" over it. I'm just telling you from my perspective how I see it. I can tell you that more than anything when I showed off your theme, people ooh'ed and ahhh'ed over the black leather backdrop and the simplistic design.

I'll look forward to another design from you, but this one isn't it. It doesn't feel very inspired. It doesn't feel very different. I had high hopes that this theme would have been something awesome. Instead you've copied the basics and changed the details. Good luck.

And for those of you whom will inevitably feel the need to tell me to stick it in my ear... please. Remember that it IS the 4th, and having the freedom to say and think what I want about my own opinion is what makes this country great. However I'm sure you'll still feel the need to "stick up" for bars, remember that opinions are like your ***, everyone has one, they all stink and we're all full of ****.
    I kinda have to disagree. Pro doesnt necessarily mean professional as in "business". Secondly the theme wasnt meant to be a completely different, new theme....it is obviously a step from ielegance, hence the name "ielegance pro", so of course its gonna be designed along the same lines. And if a wallpaper is all your concerned about then change it, heck I swap different things around in any theme I use to "customize" it to my liking. Thats whats so great about the whole idea of theming....your customizing it to what you like. My 2 cents.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,051 Times in 6,140 Posts

^ +1, I love it.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast