Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1984 (a new, old theme)

Default 1984 (a new, old theme) v1.1 now on Installer
    UPDATE: Version 1.1 now available on installer thanks to STE for the packaging and hosting!

Just a little theme I thought would be fun to do. Some 1984 Mac goodness.

There is a lot more work to be done on it but its a good start. I'll keep the thread updated on progress and ultimately will get the files uploaded for everyone to share...

Let me know what you think.

Mr_Sparkle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1984_beta1.png  
    Last edited by Mr_Sparkle; 10-02-2007 at 09:14 AM.

This is so awesome!
    I hope you make a SummerBoard edition.
    I can't wait!

So CREATIVE!!!

I LOVE it! please put it on installer!

Once the whole thing is done there will likely be a SummerBoard Theme as well as a bunch of other elements to install and really round out the theme. It would be nice to get them on Installer once its finished. I'll have to look into that.
    Stay tuned.

I really love it!!

A Small Update... I didn't get to spend a ton of time on this this weekend but I did make a little progress. I've gone back through all the icons so far and adjusted them and fixed some problems. Replaced a couple like "Maps" with one that looks more in keeping with the 1984 time frame and reads a little better. Also working on icons for other apps so hopefully everything will have a decent replacement.

Its a pretty fun exercise actually. Having to reinterpret all these modern icons in black and white and sticking, for the most part, with a 32x32 pixel grid as all the Mac System 1.1 icons were.

In addition to the core iPhone icons are there any that Anyone would for sure like me to do up? I'm planning on doing most everything but I can prioritize some if there is heavy interest. I currently have the following done in addition to the default ones:
    • Installer
    • ApolloIM
    • Mines
    • NES
    • Finder

Check out the attached current screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1984_beta2.png  

Looking good!
    Some more apps I think are important:
    rSBT
    Customize
    SMBPrefs

Excellent work!

A Little Update:
    Getting closer... Ive been busy working on assorted other icons trying to get this thing rounded out before releasing it. In addition to the Default icons I now have the following list done:
    • Installer
    • SMBPrefs
    • Customize
    • rSBT
    • iBlackjack
    • FiveDice
    • SendPics
    • SendSong
    • SendFile
    • TextEdit
    • TextEdit
    • Stumbler
    • Apollo (ApoloIM, Chat)
    • Mines
    • NES
    • Finder

I've also thrown together a replacement for the Calculator in keeping with the theme. Still a little work to be done on it but it makes a nice addition to the package. Now if I only had the nerve to paint the phone a nice 80's computer putty color.

See Attachments...

Mr_Sparkle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1984_beta3.png   -1984_calc_beta1.png  

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Sparkle For This Useful Post:

HVC (09-25-2007), kartjob (09-24-2007)

Very, very nice! Loved that 1984 Mac You could use the old painter's palette icon for Sketcher

Makes me want a Newton theme...

Very, very nice, I can't wait.....will it be available on INSTALLER. Thanks a lot.

Please include an icon for Launcher / iLauncher, if you can.

PS The theme looks awesome.
    White 3G

Default Version 1.0 on its way to Installer
    OK,
    I've sent a zip file off to ste for packaging/hosting for Installer... It should be up before long I would think.

It will have all the icons I have redone to date along with the wallpaper and StatusBar.

I'm still working on others like Launcher/iLauncher that were just requested by CyberGreg along with the rest of the apps. My goal is to have EVERYTHING covered eventually. I'll just release updates as I get batches done.

Let me know if you download it and enjoy it...
    Mr_Sparkle

I have been stalking this thread, waiting for it to be released, I'm like a little kid at Christmas

Just got an update from ste.... The theme is now on installer.

I'm continuing to add more icons and hope to get to all of them in a timely manner. I'll keep the thread updated with my progress.

Let me hear your feedback.

Mr_Sparkle

Default version 1.1 on its way...
    Just sent an update off to STE for packaging and hosting on Installer...
    Look for version 1.1, with a bunch more icons, on Installer before long.

Anyone already running the 1984 theme? Any comments or suggestions to make it better? I'm hoping that Customize starts using themes before long so I can round out the 1984 experience with all their little tweaks.

Also...MANY thanks to STE for all his efforts! Because of people like him putting time and effort to this we all have a much more enjoyable experience with our phones.

Mr_Sparkle

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Sparkle For This Useful Post:

elr0y7 (10-16-2007)

Ever since I first installed summerboard I have been using this theme, its really in a class of its own compared to other themes, its SICK! It looks simple to makes the icons so I tried making some of the missing ones myself, but it's really not as easy as it looks! Some popular apps that I think could use 1984 icons are mobilecontacts and itunesstore, but personally I could use a lockbox icon, mine sucks, lol.

haha..pretty nice...goin to test it out

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

i just want to let you know that i love this theme ...

im a huge classic mac fan
    I am the MacBook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
    Ever since I first installed summerboard I have been using this theme, its really in a class of its own compared to other themes, its SICK! It looks simple to makes the icons so I tried making some of the missing ones myself, but it's really not as easy as it looks! Some popular apps that I think could use 1984 icons are mobilecontacts and itunesstore, but personally I could use a lockbox icon, mine sucks, lol.
    Thanks for the compliments... I am prepping another release to add another bunch of icons... Everything you mentioned is already part of it but I want to get a few more done before posting it. Glad you are enjoying it.

I've also been busy creating a few other related items... Battery indicators and Signal bars among others. I'll post them once I'm happy with them.

Mr_Sparkle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast