Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need a dialer?.... Make it yourself!

Default Need a dialer?.... Make it yourself!
    Hey just wanted to give everyone a chance to make your own dialers stupid easy with Easy Dialer.

Why this? If in the downloads section under templates is a dialer PSD template for you to use.

1. Easy Dialer allows you create true dialerpads with perfect bevels and make it look real custom. The psd in the downloads section doesnt allow for this so you don't get realistic buttons.

2. With this you can make a dialerpad in literally under 10 seconds. And they will come out super professional. Pump out as many dialerpads as you want in minutes!

3. So EASY a Caveman can do it! , Photoshop is required, but requires little to no skill.

4. You have 2 options, stock looking button bevels or deep bevels for an even more pronounced dialer buttons.

Step by step instructions walk you through make a Dialerpad in 3 easy no hassle steps. 10 seconds I tell you.

I made these in like a minute. (These use the deep bevel example)

To use:

Install my action files into your photoshop installation folder.
    Play step 1 and follow the dialog from there, all the time consuming steps are performed for you in seconds. After your done, adjust the color and/or brightness level of the numbers and letters to give a good contrast to the wallpaper. Or delete the numbers and letters and use your own custom font!

* Important - Follow the steps exactly and close all files when completed before starting Step 1 again and making another dialerpad.

Download will be up soon, if you like it post some of your dialerpads in here to see what you can do. Please provide feedback on using this, so I can make tweeks.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to badboybill For This Useful Post:

7101981 (03-09-2008), 808mp5 (09-26-2007), aamodr (03-08-2008), albaniansniper (08-01-2010), Antitrust (07-25-2009), B-Mo (09-26-2008), beborn (09-27-2008), CodeMe (10-09-2013), eberth (03-01-2008), erkansonmez (04-17-2008), EZO (09-17-2007), FreeHooch (07-05-2009), PotatoHead (04-05-2009), Puka1701 (05-09-2008), wamanada (05-03-2009), zedeff (02-10-2008)

Sounds awesome.
    Assuming it is free, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Sounds awesome.
    Assuming it is free, right?
    Free of course, didn't mean to leave any bad impressions with the box, I just put that together real quick in a jokingly way.

WOW!!!! Estupendo, lo espero con ansias para probarlo.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jmerhi For This Useful Post:

Tizocman (10-21-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can't wait, does anyone else have a offset problem with custom dialers when using the dialpad to make conference calls? I noticed it with the Mario Party theme, but it does it on the dialer I made for Harry potter so I don't know if it's an app I have or a flaw in custom dialpads or i'm doing something retarded.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilscrappydew25 For This Useful Post:

Tizocman (10-21-2008)

sick program u created
    Last edited by pmunoz001; 09-17-2007 at 03:00 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pmunoz001 For This Useful Post:

Tizocman (10-21-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by pmunoz001 View Post
    sick program u created
    Your right I did forget the .psd, thanks, reuploaded the file. Sorry.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to badboybill For This Useful Post:

Tizocman (10-21-2008)

ROFL, love the caveman on the side of the box...

I get all the way done, except for one part, where #2 is on the dialer, I get a error that says.

The command "Merge Layers" is not currently available.

It stops on the Layers 2 on the right.

And the part that its supposed to put there is on the dialer #2 on the keypad, image doesnt make it there. The rest of the image gets pasted/copied over and is done correctly.

Is there somthing Im not doing correctly?

Has anyone else had this error?

Very Nice BadBoy! lol.
    What do you do for a living? I could use guys like you
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Quote Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
    I get all the way done, except for one part, where #2 is on the dialer, I get a error that says.

The command "Merge Layers" is not currently available.

It stops on the Layers 2 on the right.

And the part that its supposed to put there is on the dialer #2 on the keypad, image doesnt make it there. The rest of the image gets pasted/copied over and is done correctly.

Is there somthing Im not doing correctly?

Has anyone else had this error?
    Hey sorry you were having trouble, I was anticipating some people might due to how fast I put it together. But it still should work, do you have any other files open, always make sure you open your image file for cropping first, get that all taken care of, open the psd after thats all done and double check and make sure that the background layer is highlighted just in case and that the psd is the active file. Then just hit step 3 play. One other thing might be make sure after your cropping job on step one that there are no active selections . I will try to duplicate the error with an idea i have and get back to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    Very Nice BadBoy! lol.
    What do you do for a living? I could use guys like you
    Hey thanks, I'm 29, work as a power plant operator, never even worked any design field or had formal training ever. I just do it for fun. Been kinda religious on it lately tryin to learn more advanced techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    ROFL, love the caveman on the side of the box...
    Haha, I didnt think anyone was gonna catch that. "It's so easy a caveman can do it", don't know why but those commercials kill me.
    Last edited by badboybill; 09-17-2007 at 11:12 AM.

badboybill, it makes it through all the images, but when it gets to the #2 on the keypad,it doesnt paste the rest of the image. Its like it leaves out that last image. I opened a image and resized the image to 320X273, then opened the Dialer PSD file, then went to step 3, clicked play, it goes through all the formalities and then errors with the error i stated above. No other image is open. I tried this with several images and they all do the same thing.

I have the same problem. Everything works except I get the "merge layers" error as stated previously and there is no background image behind the number 2 button.

What version of photoshop are you using? These actions were made with CS2. Just a thought.

I have tried everything to reproduce the error but can't.

If you can expand the actions pallette to full screen and show me a screenshot of the error with the pallete expanded to show where it stops I should be able to help you for sure.

Here is the error.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -error.jpg  

Are you using Mac version , that could be the issue, do me a favore and go to the actions palette and highlight the 5th to the last step Select Layer "Layer 1" and trash can it, do the same with the 4th to last step "Select Layer 2" and the 3rd to last stop " Merge Layers", it might work after you do that.

The reasoning here is that you dont really need to merge the layers, it was a convenience step that you dont need. If this works I will revise the file.

Well. Half the people out there dont even know how to program actions.. So you are way ahead.
    Also, Nice job on the box.. Another thing not to many could do. What state are you in if you dont mind?
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

Everything works like a charm! Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

Took out the layers and merge as instructed up top, now I just can't get the #2 right. It stays black.

Default I got the exact same error as Varmit
    Quote Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
    Here is the error.
    Even down to the blacked out '2' button.

I'm starting to get a complex. Maybe I'm NOT as smart as a caveman.

*** UPDATE *** I checked out the Layers and noticed that if you "un-see" (remove the eyeball) of "Layer Style Deep", the 2 button and the background shows up.

Pretty sweet tool however!
    Last edited by Gazoo; 09-17-2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Solution

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Gazoo For This Useful Post:

808mp5 (09-26-2007)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast