Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-20-2007, 12:13 AM #41
Just do this instead,
In the actions panel, click the litte arrow in the top right to bring down the menu and click "load actions" and browse for the files.
The Following User Says Thank You to badboybill For This Useful Post:
09-20-2007, 09:56 AM #42
what about for those of us who do not have photoshop? lol...i'm sure i could find a free trial somewhere or something but i don't have money to spend on any more software. anyone know where i could find a free trial?
or, anyone know where i can find a tutorial or something to create a dialer keypad? that would work too. i'm using the GiMP for windows right now(windows xp btw)...most things in photoshop i can translate to do in the GiMP but it doesn't have actions so i don't know what the actions you programmed are doing, so i can't replicate them lol.
09-20-2007, 08:17 PM #43
woulda never figured that out...
i know this has been covered before, but just a quick question,
how do you make it so it still does the effect when you press the button?
Last edited by DeusInvictus7; 09-20-2007 at 09:02 PM.
09-21-2007, 01:58 PM #44
where can I download this?
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM #45
Wow, nice sharing but I could not download. After downloading I only got a HTML file not the zip, I'm a newbi, that might got something with it but, Thanks a lot for sharing.
09-21-2007, 03:58 PM #46
09-21-2007, 05:32 PM #47
i tried that, but what do you mean do the whole image? like change each layer to have 60% cuz i changed the actual background pictures opacity, and it didnt change the effect...
09-21-2007, 07:38 PM #48
You should be able to change the layer with all the buttons merged. This should be a layer just above the main background layer and your original wallpaper layer.
09-21-2007, 09:26 PM #49
Thank you BadboyBill Your dialer pictures look great, but after I try myself first I recieve a several errors of the action, then after I press continue to each one my picture cover the dial pad perfect, the square divisions do not appear only appears my picture, the numbers and the letters but do not appear the the square.
What I do to solve that? I'm using Photoshop CS3
Thank you for your help
09-22-2007, 12:59 PM #50
Since a bunch of the Dialer junkies hang out in here I thought I'd throw a quick mention of a little project of mine in the thread.
I see that people are having problems replacing the screen area and are having issues with light up dialer buttons... I took some time yesterday and figured out all the bits that need to be replaced and modified to really get a full dialer replacement.
Check out the thread I started in regard to this if it so interests you...
09-23-2007, 12:29 AM #51
hmm...yeah i read that thread, but i didnt really get an idea of how to change mine to make it have the "pressed" effect...
heres the pic that i wanted to use...
its already the right size and everything...
i just need to know exactly how i can get the effect...
or someone can just make me one that is tested and works...lol
09-23-2007, 12:49 AM #52
09-23-2007, 11:33 AM #53
hmm...it just seems that the pic im using wont let the blue through when i press it, cuz i reduced the opacity down to like 40 percent, and i barely saw the blue showing through when i pressed the buttons...
is there a way to change the color of the buttons when you press them?
09-23-2007, 07:57 PM #54
i can`t seem to get the blue when the buttons are pressed also. i started at 100 and went down to 20 but still no luck. i was lowering the final image(background) before saving. can any1 help? i would post the pic but it is a model topless
Last edited by Blackwidow74; 09-23-2007 at 08:31 PM.
09-23-2007, 08:40 PM #55
when and where is the download?
09-23-2007, 08:42 PM #56
You, sir, are a pro.
09-23-2007, 09:38 PM #57
ok i finally got the blue to show when i pressed the buttons. i had to set the opacity on layer 2 to 30% and the background to 40%. try that and hopefully it should work for whoever is having the same problem i was.
09-23-2007, 09:39 PM #58
I have now created a Bar Dialer section in the downloads, so please upload your creations there as well!
09-23-2007, 11:43 PM #59
09-24-2007, 02:09 AM #60
HEllo... all... im new to this forum and this is the most awesome app yet... makes things so much easier... thank you. Well i was having trouble like others when comes to the #2 button... solved it thanks to someone noticing that you have to hide the "layer deep" layer... Not sure if anyone tried this yet but i simplified the whole procedure by adding new actions. Now all you have to do is open the picture you want to use and press play... This is what i did
1. Copied the original bar dialer PSD to the Adobe Photoshop Directory
2. Opened the picture i was going to use for the new dialer
3. Selected the first action in step three and pressed record on the bottom of the actions window.
4. Resized my image to 320x273
5. Pressed stop at the bottom of the actions window. This created a new action called Image Size. Move this action to the very top right below Step 3 (keep this new action highlighted).
6. Pressed Record again. This time open the original bar dialer PSD (that hopefully you moved somewhere that it wouldn't get deleted).
7. Pressed Stop on the bottom of the actions window. This should create a new action call "Open". Make sure this action is right below the "Image Size" action.
8. Deleted the "Merge Layer, Stop, Stop" actions. Should be the last three actions.
9. Closed all open images.
10. Opened the image i was going to use to create the new dialer.
11. Selected Step 3 and pressed play. It should run. Hopefully... but hey were almost done. If your like me and get the problem with the #2 button do the next couple steps.
13. Select the last action "Select layer "layer 2""
14. Press record on the bottom of the actions window
15. Scroll the Layers window and click the eyeball next to "Layer Styel Deep"
16. Press Stop. This should create a new action called Hide Layer "Layer Style Deep". This fixed the problem with the #2 button.
17. Congraduations your all done...
Now all you have to do is open your image that you want to use to create your new dialer and press play on Step 3 in the actions window.
Oh yea... sorry for such the long tutorial. Kinda wrote it up the same time i was doing it myself.