+ Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 212

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Release] Time Weather Calendar Springboard Theme v1.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Cherice dg, I do have one question please. I am using the modified 'Wallpaper.html.zip' that you included in your post at the bottom of Page1 of this
...
  1. #41
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherice View Post
    dg, I do have one question please. I am using the modified 'Wallpaper.html.zip' that you included in your post at the bottom of Page1 of this thread. The position of the date/time/calendar are perfect for me. However, how do you remove the gray shaded border that surrounds the date and time? I tried to figure it out...thinking it must be in the wallpaper.html file, but I am unable to determine what changes should be made to remove it. Thanks again!
    Go to /Private/Stylesheets/oneLine.css and remove background-color: rgba(0,0,0,.50); in the first section, so it looks like this:

    #WeatherContainer{
    margin-top:355px;
    width:100%;
    color:white;
    height:55px;
    padding-top:70px;
    }

    Quote Originally Posted by HVC View Post
    dgwilcox, i find out that if you chage the 5 line of configureMe.js like this:


    // The other available source is 'yahooWeather' which for the 'locale'
    // requires a US zip or location code (e.g. UKXX0085 or CHXX0008) from Yahoo! Weather
    var source = 'yahooWeather' //'appleAccuweatherStolen'|'yahooWeather'

    // Please endeavour to set this to a sensible value if you really must change it...
    var updateInterval = 30 //Minutes


    Everything is working fine now (WiFi or TMobile Edge)
    Please let me know how it goes.
    Have Fun.
    That's cool. The code is from all of the weather widgets you see out there, so I would'd think changing the update interval would have a difference. But I'm glad it's now working for you.

    - D
    Last edited by dgwilcox; 04-08-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #42
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Worked perfectly! Thanks for the quick response

  3. #43
    What's Jailbreak? QuakeSocrates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgwilcox View Post
    This theme is no different from any other theme posted here.

    1. Install Winterboard on phone
    2. Download theme
    3. Unarchive .zip
    4. Read readme.txt (same as first post in this thread)
    5. Remove: Screenshots folder, blank icon folder
    6. Copy theme folder to iPhone to /Library/Themes/ or /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/
    7. Activate via Winterboard

    Or you can install it via Cydia (no screenshots or blank icon folder)


    Many thanks for explaining that to me

  4. #44
    HVC
    HVC is offline
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgwilcox View Post
    Go to /Private/Stylesheets/oneLine.css and remove background-color: rgba(0,0,0,.50); in the first section, so it looks like this:

    #WeatherContainer{
    margin-top:355px;
    width:100%;
    color:white;
    height:55px;
    padding-top:70px;
    }


    That's cool. The code is from all of the weather widgets you see out there, so I would'd think changing the update interval would have a difference. But I'm glad it's now working for you.

    - D
    I really like it for now, i show iphone to all my friend......
    Again, Thanks a lot....we learn something new everyday.
    Have Fun.
    HVC

  5. #45
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts

    Could you please tell me how to change the FONT colour in the calendar days of the week? I tried adjusting the color codes in the wallpaper.html but this seems to wipe out the calendar and background images. Thanks

  6. #46
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts

    The calendar has a stylesheet right above it in the wallpaper.html file. I don't have access to my files, but look towards the bottom of the file.
    Last edited by dgwilcox; 04-10-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Initially gave wrong info.

  7. #47
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts

    Sorry, I know it's just me but I can't seem to find the file you're referring to. Could you please tell me what the name of the file is? Thanks again.

  8. #48
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    can i use this theme as a lockscreen theme only?
    can some1 show me how to change it?
    thanks.

  9. #49
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    is anyone else having problems getting up dates using epc.tmobile.com? i switched to internet2.voicestream.com and its working fine, anyone?

  10. #50
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pfaub55 View Post
    Sorry, I know it's just me but I can't seem to find the file you're referring to. Could you please tell me what the name of the file is? Thanks again.
    I was traveling, so didn't have my laptop. Go to the theme's folder, open Wallpaper.hmtl, look for this code:

    <style type="text/css">
    .main {
    width:200px;
    }

    .month {
    background-color:none;
    font:bold 16px Helvetica;
    color:white;
    }

    .daysofweek {
    background-color:none;
    font:bold 13px Helvetica;
    color:#999999;
    }

    .days {
    font-size: 13px;
    font-family:Helvetica;
    color:white;
    padding: 2px;
    }

    .days #today{
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #FFCC00;
    }
    </style>

    You can change the font, size of color the the entire calendar. The days of the week are, well obviously:

    .daysofweek {
    background-color:none;
    font:bold 13px Helvetica;
    color:#999999;
    }

    Quote Originally Posted by rumjungle View Post
    can i use this theme as a lockscreen theme only?
    can some1 show me how to change it?
    thanks.
    I have a lockscreen version, but it uses a 5-day forecast. I don't use it and do not intend to support it. The same configuration instructions apply.

    http://www.wilcoxdesigns.com/iphone/...lockscreen.zip
    Last edited by dgwilcox; 04-13-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #51
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I installed this theme and is its fantastic! It is the only one i can see myself using and not getting tired of.

    I added another icon to the doc as well as changed the background for the other pages of apps so its exactly what i was looking for!!

    However i would like to do something about the email, phone, and SMS notifiers. Is there any way to have a thin red bar show up right above where the dock lables are? The notification seems to stick out into nowhere.

    Or can i just get rid of them?
    Last edited by spike98; 04-14-2009 at 10:26 PM.

  12. #52
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    I installed this theme and is its fantastic! It is the only one i can see myself using and not getting tired of.

    I added another icon to the doc as well as changed the background for the other pages of apps so its exactly what i was looking for!!

    However i would like to do something about the email, phone, and SMS notifiers. Is there any way to have a thin red bar show up right above where the dock lables are? The notification seems to stick out into nowhere.

    Or can i just get rid of them?
    Thanks for the compliment. However I'm not following you about the notifications. But at any rate, you should be able to place a narrow table cell directly below the weather info in Wallpaper.html. and give it a background color. Or you could modify the weather css file (/Private/Stylesheets/oneLine.css) and add it there.

  13. #53
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dgwilcox View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. However I'm not following you about the notifications. But at any rate, you should be able to place a narrow table cell directly below the weather info in Wallpaper.html. and give it a background color. Or you could modify the weather css file (/Private/Stylesheets/oneLine.css) and add it there.
    The notifications that appear at the top right corner of the phone, sms, email ect icons. Like if you have two unread SMS it shows a 2 in a red circle.

    Because the icons are blank on the dock they seem to just float in the middle of nowhere.

    I installed the taskbar notifier which places the notifications in the taskbar but they are still added to the icons in the dock. Ideally i would like to have a icon width thin red line that appears over where it says phone, sms, mail ect to signify that an unread messege is available.

    If that is not possible i would like to get rid of them all together and just have the ones in the taskbar appear.

    Sorry for the lack of explaination last night, it was late ha ha

  14. #54
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    The notifications that appear at the top right corner of the phone, sms, email ect icons. Like if you have two unread SMS it shows a 2 in a red circle.

    Because the icons are blank on the dock they seem to just float in the middle of nowhere.

    I installed the taskbar notifier which places the notifications in the taskbar but they are still added to the icons in the dock. Ideally i would like to have a icon width thin red line that appears over where it says phone, sms, mail ect to signify that an unread messege is available.

    If that is not possible i would like to get rid of them all together and just have the ones in the taskbar appear.

    Sorry for the lack of explaination last night, it was late ha ha
    I gotcha now. Yes the notifications for the dock icons DO float. I've basically ignored it. I don't believe you can eliminate them. But maybe the red line solution would at least help.

    Good Luck.

  15. #55
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default Thank You
    First of all big thanks to you dgwilcox for a fantastic mod! I was looking for something minimal, beautiful, and functional. Finally! Who knows how many themes I have been through in the last year or so. Well done.

    Ok - now on to the sharing aspect of this post. I combined this mod with Tap Widget for my Lockscreen and the Glaskart and MonoChrome themes from Cydia. Guess what? Total Lockscreen and Springboard design parity. I've include the screen shots url below and if anyone has any question feel free to ask away.

    El iPhone on Flickr


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to smacterd For This Useful Post:

    dogdaysunrise (05-06-2009)

  17. #56
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smacterd View Post
    First of all big thanks to you dgwilcox for a fantastic mod! I was looking for something minimal, beautiful, and functional. Finally! Who knows how many themes I have been through in the last year or so. Well done.

    Ok - now on to the sharing aspect of this post. I combined this mod with Tap Widget for my Lockscreen and the Glaskart and MonoChrome themes from Cydia. Guess what? Total Lockscreen and Springboard design parity. I've include the screen shots url below and if anyone has any question feel free to ask away.

    El iPhone on Flickr

    Thank you for the very nice compliment. And I really like the mod you've done! I've been toying with a similar idea to introduce very minimal icons back to the first page of the springboard. You're idea has inspired me.

  18. #57
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default New Icon Mod
    Hey dgwilcox - glad I can be an inspiration to the guy that actually made all these mods work together in the first place;-)

    Just another brief note to add - I found another Winterboard mod called "Dim Icons" that will... you guessed it! Dim your icons for an even more translucent look to Glaskart. Image example is below:



    Hey rumjungle - you might want to do what I did. I used Tap Widget. Also, you can see screenshots further down this forum.

    Hey n.sina - I use the Glaskart icons with Dim Icons selected in Winterboard. You can see example images further down in this forum. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by smacterd; 04-21-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #58
    My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    738
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 138 Times in 86 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smacterd View Post
    Hey dgwilcox - glad I can be an inspiration to the guy that actually made all these mods work together in the first place;-)

    Just another brief note to add - I found another Winterboard mod called "Dim Icons" that will... you guessed it! Dim your icons for an even more translucent look to Glaskart. Image example is below:



    Hey rumjungle - you might want to do what I did. I used Tap Widget. Also, you can see screenshots further down this forum.

    Hey n.sina - I use the Glaskart icons with Dim Icons selected in Winterboard. You can see example images further down in this forum. Hope this helps.
    Now that looks Awesome .........

  20. #59
    iPhoneaholic Ichwohneinloche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    La
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smacterd View Post
    First of all big thanks to you dgwilcox for a fantastic mod! I was looking for something minimal, beautiful, and functional. Finally! Who knows how many themes I have been through in the last year or so. Well done.

    Ok - now on to the sharing aspect of this post. I combined this mod with Tap Widget for my Lockscreen and the Glaskart and MonoChrome themes from Cydia. Guess what? Total Lockscreen and Springboard design parity. I've include the screen shots url below and if anyone has any question feel free to ask away.

    El iPhone on Flickr

    hey i love your what you did to this theme! What all did you do for the lockscreen? and i cant seem to find the Tap widget?

  21. #60
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default Mod Name Corrections
    Hey Ichwohneinloche - It looks like a made some mistakes with the names of some of the mods. The lockscreen uses Tap Lock Widget. You can find that here: Lock Widgets - Free Alternative to IntelliScreen [Updated, 2/6] - iPhone 3G | iPod touch Forums

    And just in case anyone was wondering the icons are named Glasklart not Glaskart like I previously posted.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts