Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Time Weather Calendar Springboard Theme v1.1

Thanks for replying n.sina, but sadly(or luckily, depends on how you look at it,)I don't live in the US of A, but up in Canada.

Your post definitely provided some insight, but no matter what, I can't seem to get the weather widget to reflect my location(which is Airdrie, Alberta, Canada BTW.)
    I've tried "Airdrie, CA/Canada/Alberta,Canada" and nothing seems to work. I've even tried the closest major city, Calgary, and that doesn't want to work as well.

*EDIT* Never mind, just got it working, seems like one of the strings in the file was altered.
    Last edited by blind56; 04-05-2009 at 10:00 PM.

can u check on the temperature degree in Celsius
    seem like i not getting the correct reading

Quote Originally Posted by dgwilcox View Post
    I get that sometimes, also typically when I'm on EDGE, but it will clear up at the next refresh. I think it more of an issue of timing out, vs. your connection. You could try the yahoo weather servers, in the configureMe.js. Right now, it's set for the Accuweather server.

Thanks a lot for your help, I'm from "bay area" also.
    I did try "Yahoo weather" but now it says "Loading"....forever
    it won't work even when i'm on WiFi.
    Would you mind to share your "configureMe.js".
    Again, Thans for your help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gnixer View Post
    can u check on the temperature degree in Celsius
    seem like i not getting the correct reading
    All I know is the configuration to get Celsius is in the configureMe.js file (in /Private). Change to code to the below:

// Set to 'false' if you'd prefer Farenheit
    var isCelsius = true //true|false

Now whether the reading is correct, that's more an issue with the weather servers? Sorry can't help there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HVC View Post
    Thanks a lot for your help, I'm from "bay area" also.
    I did try "Yahoo weather" but now it says "Loading"....forever
    it won't work even when i'm on WiFi.
    Would you mind to share your "configureMe.js".
    Again, Thans for your help.
    I've also had issues with the Yahoo servers, you have to use zip codes with them. Here's the default (meaning my setup). Just change your city name. Hope it works
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've also had issues with the Yahoo servers, you have to use zip codes with them. Here's the default (meaning my setup). Just change your city name. Hope it works
    Again, thanks a lot for your sharing file, it's still "No Response" on Tzones and working fine on Wifi.
    Will do more research.

How can I "turn off" the changing screens and just let my wallpaper.png override the changing wallpapers? Thanks, cool theme.

calendar and wallpaper didn't change & update when started new day unless I repring. how to fix or we must repring. I sorry about my English, thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blikum View Post
    How can I "turn off" the changing screens and just let my wallpaper.png override the changing wallpapers? Thanks, cool theme.
    Well the purpose IS to have rotating wallpaper. But to remove that function, open Wallpaper.html and take out <!-- calendar tod script--> and <!-- change background script-->. However, I don't know if then your own wallpaper image will show or not.

You could also just place one of your images in /Private and put that name in place of sunrise.jpg, morning.jpg, etc. in the Wallpaper.html file.

Quote Originally Posted by tuanpon View Post
    calendar and wallpaper didn't change & update when started new day unless I repring. how to fix or we must repring. I sorry about my English, thank you.
    Make sure you have the latest version from the link in the first post. Version 1.1 was specific to fix the images not changing. Beyond that, I'm wouldn't know why it's not working on your phone.
    Last edited by dgwilcox; 04-07-2009 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dgwilcox For This Useful Post:

tuanpon (04-07-2009)

Thank you so much.
    Last edited by tuanpon; 04-07-2009 at 02:01 AM.

I love the theme but noticed it mask the page indicators ... it there an easy way to have these show through? Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pfaub55 View Post
    I love the theme but noticed it mask the page indicators ... it there an easy way to have these show through? Thanks.
    Remove the folder UIImages in the theme and they'll be back.

Thanks so much ... that did it!

Default Excellent
    Excellent Theme Add-On! I was able to tailor it specifically for my needs. Just wanted to say thank you

how do u get ur time on the springborad like that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xSURPx View Post
    how do u get ur time on the springborad like that
    If I understand your question, there's some javascript and css in the Wallpaper.html file that displays the calendar and time of day.

well I'm not understanding how to install this. I use iphonebrowser but there was no directions on how to actually install this and where to input what folders. Sorry but these days you gotta make things idiot proof for idiots like me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QuakeSocrates View Post
    well I'm not understanding how to install this. I use iphonebrowser but there was no directions on how to actually install this and where to input what folders. Sorry but these days you gotta make things idiot proof for idiots like me
    This theme is no different from any other theme posted here.

1. Install Winterboard on phone
    2. Download theme
    3. Unarchive .zip
    4. Read readme.txt (same as first post in this thread)
    5. Remove: Screenshots folder, blank icon folder
    6. Copy theme folder to iPhone to /Library/Themes/ or /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/
    7. Activate via Winterboard

Or you can install it via Cydia (no screenshots or blank icon folder)

Default Question
    dg, I do have one question please. I am using the modified 'Wallpaper.html.zip' that you included in your post at the bottom of Page1 of this thread. The position of the date/time/calendar are perfect for me. However, how do you remove the gray shaded border that surrounds the date and time? I tried to figure it out...thinking it must be in the wallpaper.html file, but I am unable to determine what changes should be made to remove it. Thanks again!

dgwilcox, i find out that if you change the 5 line of configureMe.js like this:

// The other available source is 'yahooWeather' which for the 'locale'
    // requires a US zip or location code (e.g. UKXX0085 or CHXX0008) from Yahoo! Weather
    var source = 'yahooWeather' //'appleAccuweatherStolen'|'yahooWeather'

// Please endeavour to set this to a sensible value if you really must change it...
    var updateInterval = 30 //Minutes

Everything is working fine now (WiFi or TMobile Edge)
    Please let me know how it goes.
    Have Fun.
    Last edited by HVC; 04-09-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast