Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best EVER LockScreen Weather Yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by djgunner View Post
    looks super nice... going to wait for v3 though.
    V3 is already out, go to MacThemes and download.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

djgunner (03-10-2009)

I'm having an issue with the ZipCity=
    I have everything installed for ver 3 and I get the lockon screen but it just has a spinning icon at the bottom.
    This is what I have for my ConfigureMe.js:
    var ZipCity="32209"/>"EUR|NL|NL012|DEN HAAG|" //see instructions above
    I also tried this per the link from accweather:
    var ZipCity=<location city="Jacksonville" state="FL" postal="32209"/>"EUR|NL|NL012|DEN HAAG|" //see instructions above

Am I not removing a " or not adding something? I know it is just a silly error I'm missing

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Ive added my accweather link below if it will help.

Jacksonville Fl AccWeath
    AccuWeather.com - Jacksonville Weather Forecast: 32209 weather forecasts

took me a min to weed through the bloated config file but other then that the theme is beautiful much thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't understand how you edit the information?

iPhone? More like MyPhone owensdus's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty kool, I will have to try this when I get back home.

@bootleg
    basically find the line that says:

var ZipCity="94536" //see instructions above

put your zip (if in us) otherwise go to the site and find your string as he's instructed.

Pretty much everything that doesn't have a var by it is just instructions, the actual spots to edit are the lines starting with var

Hope that helps!!
    Last edited by juggz143; 06-22-2009 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks

thanks. my problem is HOW do i edit it. when i'm in the file via ssh and i highlight that page i get nothing. if i try to do it through my desktop i can't seem to edit the list. maybe i don't have the correct tool

not sure if your on win or mac but i've edited it thru winscp (ssh) and notepad (normal win util). I would guess any text editor would do. are you right clicking the configureMe file and selecting edit?

great lockscreen! I'm lovin it.
    i'm waiting the version 3.
    great job, mnidhk!

Thanks

thanks so much. i got it working but living in southern california that big glaring sun is just a little too over the top for me. i'm not gonna use the theme but thanks again

lol damnit bootleg

How do I achieve this?

?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punck View Post
    great lockscreen! I'm lovin it.
    i'm waiting the version 3.
    great job, mnidhk!
    V3 here:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nickh For This Useful Post:

Zehlek (07-16-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So, does this just not work for the 3G S yet?

I've been banging my head against this for hours trying to get it working properly and it even shows up in my Winterboard menu, but when I apply it, I just get my regular old lockscreen.

I threw version 2 on my ipod touch a while back and it seemed to work just fine putting the files in the /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX folder and configured the file for my local area and it seemed to work, but with my new 3G S I get no love.

Any ideas on if I'm just doing it wrong, or if it's just not compatible?

I tried it on my 3GS and it didn't seem to work. The lockscreen was black and only showed the green slider at the bottom. [I was also using the new V3). I editted the config file and SSHed the entire folder to my /Library/Themes directory so I'm pretty sure I did installation correctly. Maybe it's just not compatible with the 3GS.

Mine works fine on 3Gs. Just set it to the top of winterboard and selected it. Also changed lockclock font as well. Love it, but 3gs is so fast, that you hardly see it on the unlock screen.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayfrost View Post
    Mine works fine on 3Gs. Just set it to the top of winterboard and selected it. Also changed lockclock font as well. Love it, but 3gs is so fast, that you hardly see it on the unlock screen.
    Can you explain exactly where you are SSH'ing the directory within the .zip file to?

I've tried: /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX

I can see the theme in Winterboard, but when I attempt to activate it and return to the springboard, the phone runs through a short loading period and returns to the lock screen.

I can unlock the phone and return to the springboard everything is the same. (Which to my understanding it should)

I press the power button at the top of the phone and the main screen turns off and I immediately press the home button and it just returns me to my normal lock screen with my standard background.

Do I need to disable my background image for this to work properly?

Thanks

Love the app, has worked great on my 3Gs. However, I stopped using it for a couple of reasons:

1. I want the slide to unlock to show.
    2. When the iPhone is charging, I want to see the Aqwoah battery charger, not this app.

So, even with v3 having a slider (albeit not the stock one), I'll probably check it out, but not sure if I'll keep using it.

Also, I really, *REALLY* hate having to manually install it. Why isn't this hosted on a repo somewhere and in Cydia?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Sorry for asking for assistance again
    So I've managed to finally understand where these themes need to go on the phone, but after setting up the configureMe.js file, it seems as though it doesn't recognize my area, or doesn't pull any data?

I'm attaching a screenshot of what I end up getting when going to the lockscreen, as well as adding my configureMe.js file in a .txt extension in case it won't allow me to upload .js files.

Any assistance would be sooooo awesome. I feel like I'm really getting close to getting this to work, but it's so bloody frustrating that I can't do it right now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -lockscreen.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

What is your zip code? try using just the number format i.e. my zip is for yonkers so line would look like

var ZipCity = '10701';

also try using wordpad to open these files instead of notepad..

for me it just looks better in wordpad and easier to read... but try that, if I knew your zip I'd put it and upload it but I don't.

you should also have a ; at the end of the lines, some of them don't. I'm not sure if thats messing it up also

ex.

var ZipCity="US|WA|98008|Bellevue|" //see instructions above
    var ShowRealFeel=false // show RealFeel tempature on Lockscreen beside the normal tempature

there should be a ; after the "
    and also after false;

23. The Following User Says Thank You to faseone For This Useful Post:

TooSlo (07-15-2009)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast