+ Reply
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PerfectStorm 2.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by lgreenberg Let me pull it off my phone and upload it again. Just to be clear it goes in Folders/SpringBoard.app ok I'm very sleepy I forgot there
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Let me pull it off my phone and upload it again.

Just to be clear it goes in Folders/SpringBoard.app
    ok I'm very sleepy I forgot there was a springboard.app in the theme I put the file in the real springboard haha and winterboard was overiding it with the red badge now you remind me of the other springboard folderit works thank you now to my calendar fix then off to bed. Thanks again.

that fix for the calendar don't work it shows the real date yes but it also shows the 31 in the background and the real date not centered. Um going to bed hope there's a fix when I wakeup night all.
    Last edited by LaZARuZ; 01-24-2009 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xtnod View Post
    Well after realizing that we needed to pretty much redo the icons in PS.. I decided to just go with my own icons I made. Here is where my phone currently stands and is probably where it's gonna stay... the calendar icon is broken again :

xtnod...will you be sharing those nice icons in the other thread?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well this theme just doesn't live up to its expectations. It is too much of a pain in the *** because of the icons. I know it's supposed to look more authentic, but if you don't have the same icon order as ebl, or even the same icons, you are stuck waiting to get them made, or you have to make them yourself, which a lot of people don't know how to do. This theme was way over-hyped.(Flame suit on)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JJones_86 View Post
    Well this theme just doesn't live up to its expectations. It is too much of a pain in the *** because of the icons. I know it's supposed to look more authentic, but if you don't have the same icon order as ebl, or even the same icons, you are stuck waiting to get them made, or you have to make them yourself, which a lot of people don't know how to do. This theme was way over-hyped.(Flame suit on)
    It wasnt meant for everyone
    you need some knowledge of image editing
    you don't even have to be able to draw to do it
    ebl has it set up with PSDs for drag and drop for the most part

sorry you don't possess the necessary skills

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JJones_86 View Post
    So don't use it.

Bye.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    So don't use it.

Bye.
    WOW! That's all I have to do? Thanks!!!

Bye

Quote Originally Posted by dccorona View Post
    It wasnt meant for everyone
    you need some knowledge of image editing
    you don't even have to be able to draw to do it
    ebl has it set up with PSDs for drag and drop for the most part

sorry you don't possess the necessary skills
    See the problem is though, I like to keep my icons organized, like keeping games together, etc. If I finally got all of my icons the way i wanted them and then I decided to download another game, it throws every single icon off. I know how to make the icons, and I don't know if I'm doing it the most efficient way, but it was a P.I.T.A, so I gave up. I went back to PerfectStorm 1.0, and just added the extras from 2.0.
    Last edited by JJones_86; 01-24-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    ok I'm very sleepy I forgot there was a springboard.app in the theme I put the file in the real springboard haha and winterboard was overiding it with the red badge now you remind me of the other springboard folderit works thank you now to my calendar fix then off to bed. Thanks again.

that fix for the calendar don't work it shows the real date yes but it also shows the 31 in the background and the real date not centered. Um going to bed hope there's a fix when I wakeup night all.

Try this icon, it removes the 31 but I don't know how to fix the centering issue. Maybe someone else can pitch in and help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sele For This Useful Post:

LaZARuZ (01-24-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dmoses1969's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Excellent Job ebl, Thanks
    Your icons are a lot easier to work with than the stretched icons I had before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PerfectStorm 2.0-img_0041.png   PerfectStorm 2.0-img_0042.png   PerfectStorm 2.0-img_0043.png   PerfectStorm 2.0-img_0044.png   PerfectStorm 2.0-img_0045.png  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xtnod View Post
    Well after realizing that we needed to pretty much redo the icons in PS.. I decided to just go with my own icons I made. Here is where my phone currently stands and is probably where it's gonna stay... the calendar icon is broken again :

very nice icons r u going to share these.........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmoses1969 View Post
    See I don't understand this.

You appear to have the wider mail notification bubble (the red one) as pictured in EBL's screen shot. I seem to have the original default one, smaller and it get's covered up.

Anyone know the deal as to why?

Thanks

I think the only reason mine is not getting covered up is because of the position of my mail icon. I dont know for sure.

Thanks

are the default icons contained in this package the completly transparent ones?
    or do I have to do something to make them completly transparent

EDIT: Nevermind, took a look in the layers drawer, and realized how insanely easy ebl has this set up to do. Turn they layers on and off, and you can do most of the editing!
    and if you don't have photoshop, GIMP works just as well, and is free

the only thing I cant figure out is how to edit the text layers. Anyone have any pointers?
    Last edited by dccorona; 01-24-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks

Dmoses... good looking setup you have there.
    Last edited by ripped53; 01-24-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spoke to soon

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ripped53 For This Useful Post:

dmoses1969 (01-24-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dccorona View Post
    are the default icons contained in this package the completly transparent ones?
    or do I have to do something to make them completly transparent

EDIT: Nevermind, took a look in the layers drawer, and realized how insanely easy ebl has this set up to do. Turn they layers on and off, and you can do most of the editing!
    and if you don't have photoshop, GIMP works just as well, and is free

the only thing I cant figure out is how to edit the text layers. Anyone have any pointers?
    I just posted everything I have in the icon thread. It includes Blank PNG's of transparent and shaded icons for docked and undocked and includes all the icons i am using, labeled and unlabeled

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sele View Post
    You have to edit the plist file in the main folder to get the day and date on the calendar icon.
    Thanks I'll get to it when I get home from the office.

As for the icons yes let me SSH to my phone right now and download the ones. I'll post it in the other thread.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Here is my quick fix for the calendar date not being centered. I adjusted the icon a little, rotated the image just to give it more of a still centered look.

I included the info.plist also, as the font size has to be adjusted.

**Keep in mind, if you dont have the calendar icon in the 2nd position in the row like I do, it will need re-adjusting.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PerfectStorm 2.0-calendar.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cpjr; 01-24-2009 at 12:46 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Here is my quick fix for the calendar date not being centered. I adjusted the icon a little, rotated the image just to give it more of a still centered look.

I included the info.plist also, as the font size has to be adjusted.

**Keep in mind, if you dont have the calendar icon in the 2nd position in the row like I do, it will need re-adjusting.
    Yes I realized that lol, here's what my calendar icon looks like. though not center that's the only area I want/like it in.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    nice to see this theme is up despite of you know what.. great theme ebl! where's the whinner at? kidding!

noob question how can i get a blank web app icon?

Thanks

There is an app. on Cydia called iBlank. or Install 5, 10 ,20 blanks.

Thanks

I know there have been multiple fixes for the date/calendar icon issue, but has anyone corrected it leaving the icon where it originally placed by ebl?

Thanks