+ Reply
Page 1 of 55 123 11 51 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vista Bliss w/ working Gadgets on SideBar

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
The above ss's are static but I'm adding a couple of animated walls as well: The theme includes both a SideBar of working live Gadgets along w/ Weather Changing Wallpapers
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,161 Posts

Default Vista Bliss Weather w/ Live SideBar

The above ss's are static but I'm adding a couple of animated walls as well:

The theme includes both a SideBar of working live Gadgets along w/ Weather Changing Wallpapers that will update via the Yahoo weather feed and will display the Current Weather and Temp as your wallpaper.

Theme: VistaBlissWeather Package.zip (updated 2-18-09)
    24 hr Changing Walls (No Weather): 24hrVistaBliss.zip

Info regarding the updates on: 2-18-09

1. New transparent Status Bar.
    2. New Dock.
    3. Made the Page Indicators Invisible.
    4. Changed a few Weather Wallpapers, plus added a few addition animated walls.
    5. Edited the Calendar .plist so the Day does not run off the Calendar now.
    6. Fixed the Sidebar issue. (Now the "entire" Sidebar will slide when viewing other pages)
    7. Adding an additional .css file for those that want the Weather's location, current weather and temp removed.
    8. Made the Sidebar weather bg transparent so that the wallpapers now show through when they change behind the icon on the Sidebar.
    9. Updated the readme file.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Credits...

1. Zetetic for creating the weather widget for our iPhones.
    2. Teknofrik for his beautifully modified version of the HTC weather icons.
    3. armadillo for letting me use one of his insanely cool icons from his icon collection.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Apps Needed...

1. WinterBoard: By Jay Freeman (Off Cydia by Default)
    2. LiveTime: By Ryan Petrich (off Cydia) Source to Add = http://cydia/ispazio.net
    3. WeatherIcon: By David Ashman (off Cydia) Source to Add = http://david.ashman.com/apt/
    4. iBlank: By Dennis Nederlaf (off Cydia by Default) You'll need to install (12) Blanks on the main page of the SpringBoard and arrange your layout according to my screenshot)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Installation Instructions...

1. Install WinterBoard.
    2. Install WeatherIcon.
    3. Install LiveClock.
    4. Install my Sidebar WeatherIcon theme via WinSCP the folder is named "VistaSidebarWeatherIcon.theme" into this Directory: Library/Themes (which is your WinterBoard Directory) then check off my theme folder named "VistaSidebarWeatherIcon.theme" and drag it "on top" of all your other theme folders to activate it. (make "sure" you have no other weather icon themes checked off or you will have diff icon overlays)
    5. Install my Sidebar LiveClock theme via WinSCP the folder is named "VistaSidebarLiveClock.theme" into this Directory: Library/Themes (which is your WinterBoard Directory) then check off my theme folder named "VistaSidebarLiveClock.theme" and drag it into "2nd place" of all your other theme folders to activate it. (make "sure" you have no other Clock themes checked off or you will have diff icon overlays)
    6. Install my full theme via WinSCP the folder is named "VistaBlissWeather.theme" into this Directory: Library/Themes (which is your WinterBoard Directory) and drag it into "3rd place" and check it to activate it as well.

So once again in WinterBoard your theme order should be like this:

1. VistaSidebarWeatherIcon.theme
    2. VistaSidebarLiveClock.theme
    3. VistaBlissWeather.theme

7. Then go into this Directory: Library/Themes/VistaBlissWeather.theme/Private/configureMe.js via WinSCP and open up the configureMe.js file to edit it w/ your location code (*note* Change this line of code: var locale = "90033" // and Respring.)

-------------------------------------------------------
    Other Q & A:

Q: What is iBlank for?

A: You need this app so that you can create (12) blank invisible icons and move them onto your main page on your springboard so that you can line up my sidebar icons and also have the weather wallpapers show through as seen in the screenshots.
    =====================================
    Q: What is winSCP and where do I get it?

A: WinSCP :: Free SFTP and FTP client for Windows
    ======================================
    Q: How do I get the Weather Wallpapers to display My Location?

A: Go to Yahoo! Weather And then enter your City, State or Country in the "Search Area" on that page, and then grab the Location code that will appear up in the address bar in the URL (For USA use (5) Digit zip code for outside of the USA use Location Codes)
    =======================================
    Q: Where do I enter my location code?

A: Go into this Directory: Library/Themes/VistaBlissWeather.theme/Private/configureME.js then open up the file named "configureMe.js (using WinSCP) and edit this line:

var locale = "90033" //e.g. 'Los Angeles, CA = 90033'|'Netherlands = NLXX0016' | (where is says var locale = you will need to type in your zip code or your location code "Inside the quotes" which currently shows "90033")
    ================================
    Q: How can I change from Farenheit to Celsius?

A: Go into this Directory: Library/Themes/VistaBlissWeather.theme/Private/configureME.js then open up the file named "configureMe.js (using WinSCP) and edit this line:

var isCelsius = false //true|false

See where it says = false (Just change that to true) which currently shows false.
    Q: How can I get my text to show underneath my Springboard icons?

A: You can either edit or delete my info.plist file located inside my theme folder then respring.
    =================================
    Q: How can I use your theme w/ my own Wallpapers:

A: Just make a New folder and then make a copy from my theme of the following items:

1. Icon folder
    2. The Info.plist File
    3. The StatusBar.png
    4. The Dock
    5. UIImages folder

And drop them into your New folder "along w/ your own wallpaper" and select it in Winterboard and respring.
    =================================
    Q: My Clock is not working.

A: Grab this file VistaBlissLiveClock.zip
    Unzip and place the theme folder into your Winterboard theme directory and drag it above all the themes in that directory and respring.
    Q: I updated to the latest WeatherIcon and now I see another icon that is overlaying on top of your theme?

A: Go into winterboard and uncheck anything that is weatherIcon related so that you have only my themes once again "On Top and in this order"

1. VistaBlissSidebarIcon.theme
    2. VistaBlissWeather.theme
    ====================================
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vista Bliss w/ working Gadgets on SideBar-008.png  
    Last edited by Doreen; 02-21-2009 at 10:07 AM.

2. The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

acefx1970 (02-09-2009), aussiebob (01-31-2009), AverageMan (01-31-2009), aznmixer01 (02-13-2009), Bamafn1 (02-03-2009), barcollo (08-23-2009), blakroz (03-05-2009), cfaltus (02-05-2009), drgopoos (01-28-2009), EmoMicah (01-28-2009), erkansonmez (01-30-2009), HunterSeeker (01-29-2009), iBlade (01-31-2009), iliveforbball (02-19-2009), ImThatGuy2008 (03-13-2009), jatatla (02-02-2009), Jay21fire (01-25-2009), jayteez (02-05-2009), jrmiller007 (01-31-2009), karozz (03-17-2009), kedar79 (06-15-2009), Kickstar133 (01-23-2009), Kyle Matthews (01-22-2009), leram84 (02-28-2009), malevo (01-30-2009), marirose3657 (01-25-2009), masoud4 (02-23-2010), masterx02 (02-18-2009), Mone (03-09-2009), Mr.Gabody (05-22-2009), mr.sparky (01-25-2009), mwcoexec (02-18-2009), namtrem (04-26-2009), Noah981 (01-31-2009), Papilo (01-28-2009), radarlove63 (02-09-2009), rockets4champs (02-11-2009), sedo0o (02-06-2009), southfrisco (01-27-2009), Sparblaze (02-22-2009), spintek (01-29-2009), thuso (02-04-2009), Troy_Hatton (01-25-2009), whoadie (01-25-2009), zacklyn (04-28-2009), Zehlek (01-25-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks pretty sweet, can't wait to try it out ........

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

badass dorreen.. maybe a windows 7 version? either way your themes has always been flawless
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-02-2009)

Thanks

Hey me and you zinjen have been waiting long enough for a fully working Sidebar theme so I'm going to jump on this. (It shouldn't take too long) Is there a limit to the number of icons you can use in the "Stacks" app if not I suppose we could toss all our other apps in that and set that to the start button w/ a transparent icon on top for launching our apps?
    Last edited by Doreen; 01-21-2009 at 10:50 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

AverageMan (02-02-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Looks nice, go for it!!

Thanks

I like the 24H wallpaper idea
    My new download/upload

iPhone? More like MyPhone makesmoves's Avatar
    Thanks

This looks great! Keep it up!
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

I love it - can't wait for a release!

If you can't get ahold of Armadillo, let me know - I work with him often.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone keda51's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks excellent, I love the concept! Will be watching this theme.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

definately worth watching

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lilalaune's Avatar
    Thanks

Look likes good. I can wait... :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

cool....!

Thanks

Thanks you guys, glad a few like it, I'll have it ready for release on Sunday for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    I love it - can't wait for a release!

If you can't get ahold of Armadillo, let me know - I work with him often.
    Thank you so much poetic and yes I would appreciate it you could ask Armadillo for permission so far the only two things I'm satisfied w/ is the Clock and his mail image. hehe

I'll try to find better weather, notes and Calendar images still before Sunday, right now I'm just trying to get the foundation layed right.

Thanks

cool can't wait for it to come out... I had a question... do you think you can make us a windows 7 theme after this? I have been waiting for the other guy and it didn't seem to come out... would be very appreciated

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

As always Doreen.... Your the greatest.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Thanks

Nope you guys are the greatest and I enjoy sharing the silly mods I try to make on my phone. hehe =)

Thanks SiLeNtKiLLA

I've updated the Screenshot so take another peek cuz I had to add a bg on the weather since the weather icons are just so small they need a template behind them and the Calendar and Notes still need some serious work, but take a peeks and see if this looks alil better...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks great, do you think you may merge you bliss weather theme into the background? so it will have the weather there?

Thanks

I'm not sure yet where I might go w/ this, but I don't want to have ppl waiting forever for it so I will release this on Sunday w/ the 24 hour changing walls and widgets on the Sidebar and then possibly the next version I'll merge my "weather" changing backgrounds into it as well okay.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here is mine... Sidebar 1b2 - Update | Touch-Mania

hope you like it^^

you have to add this repo cydia.touch-mania.com

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Hey me and you zinjen have been waiting long enough for a fully working Sidebar theme so I'm going to jump on this. (It shouldn't take too long) Is there a limit to the number of icons you can use in the "Stacks" app if not I suppose we could toss all our other apps in that and set that to the start button w/ a transparent icon on top for launching our apps?
    This truly is looking even more beautiful then I thought. I would have to agree that stacks may not be the way to go. It might make sense to throw more icons together or just provide .psd's. In any case I think the SMS icon looks better on the bottom of the sidebar versus the mail but thats your call buddy Either way it's sexy.

It would be cool if we could develop a battery widget for the sidebar..
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did